Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Rarity posted:

I can't really see anyone but Sam leading the next Avengers team seeing as his arc is all about stepping up to fill Steve's mantle

Ant Man I think fits more in the Iron Man role. He may not be a scientist but his power is based on super science. Plus his personality is more silly than Sam/Steve. Scott could even be traumatized by his meeting with Kang like how Tony was after going through the portal in the first Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Zero One posted:

Ant Man I think fits more in the Iron Man role. He may not be a scientist but his power is based on super science. Plus his personality is more silly than Sam/Steve. Scott could even be traumatized by his meeting with Kang like how Tony was after going through the portal in the first Avengers.

I admit that I'm really looking forward to Loki eventually showing to tell everyone about Kang and sort of going "Also, I suppose I helped stopped the multiversal genocide that was preventing the coming multiverse war. Oops my bad."

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Everyone posted:

I admit that I'm really looking forward to Loki eventually showing to tell everyone about Kang and sort of going "Also, I suppose I helped stopped the multiversal genocide that was preventing the coming multiverse war. Oops my bad."

What he did wasn't bad though? It's only bad if your morality only extends to the people you can directly see. As long as you're considering the lives of people beyond your own direct experience he did a good thing.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

If Benjamin J. "Blue Eyes" Grimm figured that wrecking the TVA was a good idea, I'm going to say Loki did a good deed :colbert:

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

tsob posted:

What he did wasn't bad though? It's only bad if your morality only extends to the people you can directly see. As long as you're considering the lives of people beyond your own direct experience he did a good thing.

If we take HWR at his word, a lot of people are still going to die.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

live with fruit posted:

If we take HWR at his word, a lot of people are still going to die.

Unless it's "every multiverse bar one"s worth of people, for all eternity, then it's still ultimately a good thing even on a purely utilitarian scale.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

tsob posted:

Unless it's "every multiverse bar one"s worth of people, for all eternity, then it's still ultimately a good thing even on a purely utilitarian scale.

Ok, Thanos.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Remember, that was the good variant of Kang.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

So your contention is that it's okay for everyone we don't know to die so long as the people we can see live? And that thinking otherwise for any reason is what's similar to Thanos? Rather than that thinking everyone in basically infinite other multiverses for eternity can and should die so one universe is peaceful? :raise:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Killing untold billions to avoid a war feels like the more Thanos-y move tbh.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

tsob posted:

So your contention is that it's okay for everyone we don't know to die so long as the people we can see live? And that thinking otherwise for any reason is what's similar to Thanos? Rather than that thinking everyone in basically infinite other multiverses for eternity can and should die so one universe is peaceful? :raise:

Hey man, they pre-pruned the other multiverses and didn't just kill everyone in them.

You can't kill them if they were never born.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Hey man, they pre-pruned the other multiverses and didn't just kill everyone in them.

You can't kill them if they were never born.

Brb, going back in time to have a frank and earnest conversation with YOUR MOM.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
As has been pointed out elsewhere, this Kang that Scott's dealing with might not be the biggest danger. Scott might well stop this Kang.

HWR was very explicit that the problem isn't that there was one bad Kang - there were many.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I just worry that "many bad Kangs" may lessen the impact. If they beat one, but "oh no, there are more" then for the viewer there's still a subconscious knowledge that they are beatable so just do it again.

It's like, I've never been into the Fantastic Four, and I'm hoping this time they make them interesting, but in the MCU the intro of Reed Richards was as a bumbling doofus who jobs to Wanda. Yeah yeah, multiverse, but even so the official canon Reed will forever be just a version of someone who was first seen as the world's dumbest man and that can never be undone.

Canon or not, there being one bad Kang who escapes and returns might be better. I dunno. I just hope it'll be good either way but 3 movies I disliked in a row means my opinion of the MCU has soured this year (even though the D+ series have been mostly great) so I'm a little wary. Especially as Ant-Man was such a fun little comedy heist series and now it's going full CG epic level.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The one you really need to watch out for is Kang #42069

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

FlamingLiberal posted:

The one you really need to watch out for is Kang #42069

Nah, he's the nice one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, great. It’s the Council of Kangs.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, great. It’s the Council of Kangs.

They're right behind me, aren't they?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ApeHawk posted:

Behind you? They are you!

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

ApeHawk posted:

Could be worse. Could be the Council of Reeds.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

I just worry that "many bad Kangs" may lessen the impact. If they beat one, but "oh no, there are more" then for the viewer there's still a subconscious knowledge that they are beatable so just do it again.

It's like, I've never been into the Fantastic Four, and I'm hoping this time they make them interesting, but in the MCU the intro of Reed Richards was as a bumbling doofus who jobs to Wanda. Yeah yeah, multiverse, but even so the official canon Reed will forever be just a version of someone who was first seen as the world's dumbest man and that can never be undone.

Canon or not, there being one bad Kang who escapes and returns might be better. I dunno. I just hope it'll be good either way but 3 movies I disliked in a row means my opinion of the MCU has soured this year (even though the D+ series have been mostly great) so I'm a little wary. Especially as Ant-Man was such a fun little comedy heist series and now it's going full CG epic level.

He got killed by someone who made Thanos panic a bit during the big finale fight in Endgame who then also killed someone with Captain Marvels powers as well, not sure why that makes him a bumbling doofus. Pretty much the entirety of that film is people jobbing to Wanda.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

not sure why that makes him a bumbling doofus. Pretty much the entirety of that film is people jobbing to Wanda.

Because they never gave you a reason to think otherwise. Same with Black Bolt. Peggy and Maria at the least don't die immediately.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

thebardyspoon posted:

He got killed by someone who made Thanos panic a bit during the big finale fight in Endgame who then also killed someone with Captain Marvels powers as well, not sure why that makes him a bumbling doofus. Pretty much the entirety of that film is people jobbing to Wanda.

Also the entire point of that scene in MoM is that the Illuminati are overconfident blowhards who have gravely underestimated the threat at hand.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Cythereal posted:

Also the entire point of that scene in MoM is that the Illuminati are overconfident blowhards who have gravely underestimated the threat at hand.

Right, because the Illuminati are depicted as a group of elites who are riding high off of their success with their whole thing dealing with Thanos. They figure they can just easily coast for a while now, and put in a minimal effort, and things will work out the same way it always has in the past. Previous experience dictates future success, right?

So basically, they're Marvel Studios post Endgame.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That Reed was one of the bad Reeds :colbert:

MokBa posted:

I hope so much that he is Reed Richards.

This Reed will be the good Reed! :pray:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

That Reed was one of the bad Reeds :colbert:

This Reed will be the good Reed! :pray:

Possibly literally. As I understand it in Marvel comics canon, there is literally only one good Reed Richards. There rest of them are scientific sociopaths that would make Rick Sanchez cringe.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Everyone posted:

Possibly literally. As I understand it in Marvel comics canon, there is literally only one good Reed Richards. There rest of them are scientific sociopaths that would make Rick Sanchez cringe.

And the good one is borderline at best.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

It would be amazing chud tears if they made every bad Reed Richards John Krasinski and the good one William Harper.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Bar Ran Dun posted:

It would be amazing chud tears if they made every bad Reed Richards John Krasinski and the good one William Harper.

I know it'll never happen, but I'd love it if we keep getting hints about the F-Four but when they actually show up they're basically The Four from Warren Ellis's Planetary.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Bar Ran Dun posted:

:allears: This would be, erm, fantastic.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

The go a ~different universe~ and the Reed Richards there is played by Martin Freeman

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Dragonstoned posted:

The go a ~different universe~ and the Reed Richards there is played by Martin Freeman

In that universe will John Krasinski play a somewhat dweeby CIA agent acquainted with Wakandan royalty?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The MCU and comics universe both exist in the same multiverse so they can't both be the good Reed Richards :thunkher:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rarity posted:

The MCU and comics universe both exist in the same multiverse so they can't both be the good Reed Richards :thunkher:
They're both universe 616, so I'm not sure this is true.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I mean, if they just decided to Roger Rabbit the whole thing and the F4 (and by extension HIS BIRTHRIGHT, also the glory and splendor that is DOOM? :allears:) are animated characters amidst the rest of the live cast, it's not like it'd make the MCU any goofier than it already is.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I hope Daredevil is more street level focused. I'm a little worried about the tonal shift and really wish the MCU TV would have a but if variance in maturity. Loki was fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

Comics Reed: Oh yes, I - the smartest man in the universe - and my entire family - the first ever superheroes - have always been black.
Angry Media Man: Then how come every piece of media representing you for decades have had you portrayed as white? :mad:
Comics Reed (looking directly into the camera): That is a VERY good question :colbert:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Jerusalem posted:

Comics Reed: Oh yes, I - the smartest man in the universe - and my entire family - the first ever superheroes - have always been black.
Angry Media Man: Then how come every piece of media representing you for decades have had you portrayed as white? :mad:
Comics Reed (looking directly into the camera): That is a VERY good question :colbert:

No more or less a contrivance than the introduction of the The Sentry. Have at it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Everyone posted:

In that universe will John Krasinski play a somewhat dweeby CIA agent acquainted with Wakandan royalty?

Last Action Hero universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og--R3MveME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Everyone posted:

If there's one thing I know from comics canon, every time a writer says every version of someone is bad but one way no definitely I swear all but one, another good one shows up later when a writer needs them to.