Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
There have been multiple people in the Schadenfreud thread that post nothing but attractive women getting hurt. Last one was banned a while ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I think the funny images guy was different, and people just accused him of being Guy to irritate him. Unless I'm thinking of the guy who posted images so consistently unfunny the mods created the "mildly interesting pictures" thread just for him.

Different folks, Guy Mann's terribleness was text-based.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

OPAONI posted:

There have been multiple people in the Schadenfreud thread that post nothing but attractive women getting hurt. Last one was banned a while ago

why’d they ban the victim???

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

OPAONI posted:

Wow nice bansplaining

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

oldpainless posted:

Wow nice bansplaining

You can't make good jokes in here! This is the funny forums quotes thread!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I think the funny images guy was different, and people just accused him of being Guy to irritate him. Unless I'm thinking of the guy who posted images so consistently unfunny the mods created the "mildly interesting pictures" thread just for him.

Oh my god, I remember that, there was a rule for a while where he had to write a paragraph explaining why he thought every image he posted was funny.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Unless I'm thinking of the guy who posted images so consistently unfunny the mods created the "mildly interesting pictures" thread just for him.

lmao owns

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Baron von Eevl posted:

Oh my god, I remember that, there was a rule for a while where he had to write a paragraph explaining why he thought every image he posted was funny.

Guy Goodbody. I really wish that rule was enforced a bit more because his explanations on why the images were funny were actually interesting and made it seem like it did fit the thread. Unfortunately - like all goon projects - it was abandoned before it could be run into the ground.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Inceltown posted:

Guy Goodbody. I really wish that rule was enforced a bit more because his explanations on why the images were funny were actually interesting and made it seem like it did fit the thread. Unfortunately - like all goon projects - it was abandoned before it could be run into the ground.

Yeah, it turned out his way of looking at things was so alien that literally no one else had the same thoughts he did when he saw those photos. If he'd just started off posting his actual thoughts he might have been a thread super star, but laziness and deficient theory of mind won out. And, y'know, it was a little like having to wear a dunce cap.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 04:20 on Jan 12, 2023

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

I still maintain that all of Guy Goodbody's schtick was just a low effort troll, and the brief period of time where he had to explain his lovely posts was just too much work for him to keep up.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

oldpainless posted:

Wow nice bansplaining

More like “oldprobeless”

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:sadwave: Now you don't have to deal with how stupid and unfunny we are. Goodbye! :sadwave:

MelonWheels posted:

Ugh, this is the sort of garbage that makes me think that Something Awful is becoming what it originally set out to mock.

Guys, absurdity is the easiest form of humor. It wasn't so funny to begin with, but now you're running it into the ground. I'm not trying to infringe on your rights to be idiots, but you guys are seriously degenerating to the level of fart jokes.

Bye.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

drat, I'd be happy if I could upgrade my posts to the level of fart jokes.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Inceltown posted:

this truism worked out really well for the kids that would've attended that zipline summer camp, though

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Inceltown posted:

Can we get a Guy Goodbody / Wizard Master showdown up in here please!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Captain Invictus posted:

who is guy mann

https://youtu.be/pJIcwD5gm34

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Lobok posted:

drat, I'd be happy if I could upgrade my posts to the level of fart jokes.

I think we all agree, but you should go for more realistic goals maybe

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Karate Bastard posted:

Can we get a Guy Goodbody / Wizard Master showdown up in here please!

YOU loving FOOL. LOOK WHAT YOUVE D--

(servers collapse into a singularity from concentrated unfunnyness)

Fake edit: but enough about my posting

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
And then SMG to critique their use of imagery

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

OPAONI posted:

The last and really ONLY one who constantly posted attractive women getting hurt got banned for much much worse poo poo:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2892

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

EorayMel posted:

:sadwave: Now you don't have to deal with how stupid and unfunny we are. Goodbye! :sadwave:

I had to click on this post to see the date, because "Something Awful is becoming what it originally set out to mock" is a complaint that could have been made at literally any point.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Say Nothing also used to post lots of content but got thrown out for being a creep I think

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Evilreaver posted:

[Googling "how to make sex to a lady"]
So it says here I'm supposed to find the man in the canoe huh

[Continues Googling]
[Later that evening]

:v: SARAH HELP ME! SARAH HELP I CAN'T SWIM
:j: oh gently caress this guy's good

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

freeedr posted:

Say Nothing also used to post lots of content but got thrown out for being a creep I think

a somewhat laissez-faire, almost libertarian attitude towards checking whether people depicted in said content were of legal age anywhere in the world

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Desert Bus posted:

The last and really ONLY one who constantly posted attractive women getting hurt got banned for much much worse poo poo:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2892

is there any point to be keeping those vanity smilies around?

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Zetsubou-san posted:

is there any point to be keeping those vanity smilies around?

:randno:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
thats quite the hammer on that point

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
You shouldn't punish FatJaguar for the sins of the father.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
what diocese are you bishop for?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

When jumping into this thread to read the new posts I forget we're talking about Arthur Conan Doyle and think everyone's talking about Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein, who is God's perfect idiot and probably also believes in fairies and that Houdini could perform real magic.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:qq: Used too many "Q"s in one post. :qq:

Dauphine posted:

I would have read Moby Dick much sooner if someone had told me that the book is actually very funny. A lot of critics make it out to be a portentous classic tragedy, like Charles Olson comparing it to King Lear and Rick Moody saying that Melville taught him how to write long impressive-sounding sentences. While the book is tragic and uses a lot of high language, it is balanced out by the narrator's self-deprecation and completely absurd situations that are described with a dead-pan or eyebrows-raised sense of humor.

Ishmael is very good at making fun of himself, and this allows him to make fun of the surrounding characters and situations without insulting others. The opening part of the book when he meets his cannibal friend Queequeq is probably the funniest part, and both characters act ridiculously. Ishmael is assigned to share a room in the inn with this Polynesian harpooner but the harpooner, Queequeg, comes in late and scares the crap out Ishmael, who screams like a girl and causes the innkeeper to laugh at him. He describes Queequeg's bizarre behavior like his method of getting dressed in morning: only half-adjusted to Western manners, he crawls under the bed to put on his boots and top hat out of modesty. Ishmael is intrigued but not judgmental. He even approves that Queequeg has an "innate sense of delicacy." Queequeg sells shrunken heads to make extra money, but the Ishmael has to persuade him not to do this on Sunday so as not to offend New England morals. Ishmael is quickly won over by Queequeg, and participates in his native religious worship on the rationale that (mentally shrugging his shoulders) Christian missionaries are always forcing themselves on the natives, so he sort of owes him one. The introduction of Queequeg is full of humorous characterization, but it's also very warm and human. Ishmael is afraid of the cannibal but tries to be as civil to him as possible, and then falls in love with him.

Humor is extremely important to offset the tragedy of the novel, especially once they put to sea and are exposed to the enormous dangers and hardships of whaling. One chapter, "The Hyena," outlines Melville's philosophy of humor. After Ishmael almost dies when his whaling boat is crushed, he becomes detached from the horror by entering a state of mind where he "takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke." He says, in a gloriously dead-pan manner, "“Queequeg, my fine friend, does this sort of thing often happen?” I can't help but imagine him saying this in a slow Downeast New England accent, like my grandfather when he told dirty stories about the French Canadians. Like a hyena, a person has to laugh at the world, even if it's an involuntary laugh brought on by tragedy. This is demonstrated further in the personalities of the ship's officers. Starbuck is melancholy, Flask is hot-headed, but Stubb, who constantly jokes with a straight face, is the only one immune to the morbid obsession of Ahab. Melville shows us the absolute necessity of a sense of humor for survival. It's grim, but it gives us a reason to laugh.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

EorayMel posted:

:qq: Used too many "Q"s in one post. :qq:

Missed opportunity do away with Mr. Martin imo

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Wait is Doyle a known idiot? I mean his brother is a turbo chud now, as is Michael Graves, but I know Jack and poo poo about Doyle.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Nobody that has ever been in the Misfits is going to be the sharpest bulb in the shed.

See:
Danzig
Jerry Only
Arthur Conan Doyle apparently

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Wait is Doyle a known idiot? I mean his brother is a turbo chud now, as is Michael Graves, but I know Jack and poo poo about Doyle.

I don't know if he's terrible (I assume all of the current lineup are pretty conservative to even be able to get along, although I don't think Jerry was ever quite as lovely as Graves turned out to be) but I think he's stupid, like just not very bright. He's like a puppy, a 60 year old jacked puppy that got lost in a Hot Topic maybe. By all accounts he's sweet but he's also a professional guitarist who's played thousands of shows over 40 years and has absolutely no idea how to play guitar. Like he knows how to play every Misfits and Doyle (the band) song he has to play, but the extent of his knowledge is "hand goes here, then here, then here."

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I don't know if he's terrible (I assume all of the current lineup are pretty conservative to even be able to get along, although I don't think Jerry was ever quite as lovely as Graves turned out to be) but I think he's stupid, like just not very bright. He's like a puppy, a 60 year old jacked puppy that got lost in a Hot Topic maybe. By all accounts he's sweet but he's also a professional guitarist who's played thousands of shows over 40 years and has absolutely no idea how to play guitar. Like he knows how to play every Misfits and Doyle (the band) song he has to play, but the extent of his knowledge is "hand goes here, then here, then here."

Lol I've never read about any interactions with him, it's hilarious to me to find this out. Just a golden retriever they painted in goth makeup and trained to play a specific set of things on guitar

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Nobody that has ever been in the Misfits is going to be the sharpest bulb in the shed.

See:
Danzig
Jerry Only
Arthur Conan Doyle apparently

well yeah they're from the Land Of Dumb Italians

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Arthur Conan Doyle was not in the misfits

He was in the irregulars

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Jel Shaker posted:

elon thinks the mother of his children is an NPC, and probably his kids too?

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the prophecies foretold a PC/NPC hybrid child who would bring balance to Number

World War Mammories posted:

the ersatz posterach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Scratch Monkey posted:

Elon created Grimes to be his perfect companion and she still divorced him