Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Pretty sure that panel in Demon is just a flashback and not child murder. Plenty of child murder still to come, though

Kill Six Billion Demons
Shorter update for flow

Alt: Yes, her full name is in fact now Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire

quote:

“My apprentice asked me why I prefer the company of dogs to men. I told her that a man is an kind of intolerable monkey who clings obsessively to his own fate. To subvert his mortality, he inflicts death and unfathomable torture upon the world. My apprentice told me that I was being a little severe, and asked me about dogs.

I told her that dogs keep my feet warm, and they care very little how badly I insult them. In this respect, they are also better than apprentices.”

– Meti, of the Yellow City

Alt: Reach Heaven Through Violence

quote:

‘On the topic of dogs, a passing priest once pressed me quite fervently on the subject of my own mortality. He was very concerned about preserving the nature of my immortal essence. “Grandson,” said I, “I am old and my bones are sopping with death already. Why should I care?” He went on to describe in great detail the rituals that could be undertaken to guard one’s soul against degradation and ensure smooth passage to the next realm.

“Do you perform these rites every day?” I asked him, trying to humor him. “Of course, auntie,” said the priest, “Every morning before I wake fully I perform my rites, then four more times a day before rest. It keeps me in good health and spirits, knowing that my death will be a golden door to paradise.”

“Four times a day?” I said, incredulous. “Of course,” said the priest, “Don’t you think about dying, auntie? You should be worried, at your age.”

“Do you think about dying?” I asked him. “How about before sleep?”

“Yes,” he said, seeing that I was clearly straining his good nature. “How about when you bathe?” I asked him. He thought a moment. “Well, sometimes,” he replied. “How about when you poo poo?” I said. “Never,” he said brusquely.

“Not even once?”

“Well maybe once, but I don’t see the point! Who knows?” he said, clearly seeking to draw away from me and peddle his wares onto more the more gullible trash that populated the gutter. “A dog has more sense than you,” I said to him, and thumbed at a lazy mutt that was picking through the market. “He doesn’t think of death at all. Not when he sleeps, not when he bathes, and certainly not when he shits.”

“And I supposed there’s a point,” said the priest.

“You and he will both die,” I pointed out to him. “The four great elements of your bodies will collapse one into the other and you will both become no more substantial than a fart.” I should mention at this time in my life I had very little patience for rhetoric.

The priest spat on me later. I didn’t mind.’

-Meti, of the Yellow City

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Captain Hygiene posted:

Fuckin' possums, just go back to your dumpster like the trash animal you are :arghfist:

I'm sorry, are you besmirching the humble and loyal possum!?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Previously on Opplopolis: he just came in to get something for this cough :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hello Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
His name is my name too

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

e-dt posted:

Nice Pete wasn't being sarcastic. There is a complicated power dynamic in that house.

I wish we had a bonus panel of Pat running over with his mouth open and his cheeks ballooning out.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Personally I think the child murder in Demon is epic and pwns the libs/xtians so I'm happy to see it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hello Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire

How did you know my master password?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 18:32 on Jun 28, 2023

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I see you're practicing the classic axiom "When in doubt, introduce a cool skeleton."

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Bear Enthusiast posted:

I see you're practicing the classic axiom "When in doubt, introduce a cool skeleton."

Absolutely, he may or may not end up being an Usopp type. Still working that out.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Skeleton with a gun is a classic way to move the plot along!

Also, I binged Demon in advance and.
Wow, it goes places.
Some of them even worth reading!
:sigh:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The way I approached Demon when I binged it was to read it as a comic where the author was exploring all kinds of ideas based on the premise but in order to go as far as he could he needed to have a completely amoral protagonist (which makes the reasoning for the protagonist's choice in the end very strange, but also necessary to have that massive war scenario the author wanted).

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Chapter 9

Chapter 10

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

Uramachi Sakaba

It's dusty in here

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joost slices God in half nearly down to the waist! Unfortunately, because the metal sword is an excellent conductor of heat, God is able to freeze it and Joost's arms as well! Shocked and unable to move his arms, God uses the opening to stab his fingers in Joost's neck!

Read right to left:

Chapter 40 - Johan and Jehovah Discovers Fire and Ice

Too many good panels to pick from this time. Decided to go with this one

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Penultimate Quest

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

HE IS A GOOD BOY.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Dicebox

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Too many good panels to pick from this time. Decided to go with this one

you're not kidding lmaoooooo

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Kit Walker posted:

Pretty sure that panel in Demon is just a flashback and not child murder.

That panel is a flashback but I think that poster meant to quote the next page, in which he possesses a third grader

Blackula Vs. Tarantula has a new favorite as of 19:31 on Jan 12, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I had no idea what to expect from this comic, but of all the things I was not expecting, God & the Devil manifesting to bicker with each other seems like it should be at the top of the list.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I don't want to spoiler too much, but trust me, God and Satan arguing over Crange's eternal soul is very small potatoes in the scale of this strip.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Splicer posted:

Why is he dressed like little Lord Fauntleroy though???

At least based on the other couple families we saw, I think the author is using the anachronistic clothes as shorthand for generational wealth/old money. That's my hunch, anyway.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Also, since we were talking about KC Green's history as a comic artist, the 10th anniversary of This Is Fine passed recently and and KC penned a few thoughts about it on his tumblr.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Swan Boy: :rip: Rona

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Chapter 1: Would You Die for a Tea Kettle!?

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I had no idea what to expect from this comic, but of all the things I was not expecting, God & the Devil manifesting to bicker with each other seems like it should be at the top of the list.

I wish it stayed this grounded.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

I wish it stayed this grounded.

It's perfectly unhinged and I love it. It needs to be what it is. But before I describe my love for HIAGB in too much detail I want to let any first time readers experience it for themselves.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 01:37 on Jan 13, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Another old Alan Moore comic in 2000AD, this time featuring an early version of his Watchmen character Rorschach, with maybe less of a nihilistic perspective but more of a staring-at-the-sun attitude...

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
Fellas, don't you hate it when the sun—by virtue of its hotness, and possibly also its bigness?—causes you, through no fault of your own, to murder your wife?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Skipping the one that would go here as it's literally just an ad for his shirts.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Albert Camus posted:

Fellas, don't you hate it when the sun—by virtue of its hotness, and possibly also its bigness?—causes you, through no fault of your own, to murder an Arab?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hey, he had also just lost his Mommy.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Today's Noble Peasant discusses the scourge of vegetable thieves.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

ChthonicMasturbatr posted:

Fellas, don't you hate it when the sun—by virtue of its hotness, and possibly also its bigness?—causes you, through no fault of your own, to murder your wife?

I hate it more every time it happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

drop out

drop out

CW: suicidal thoughts / ideation