Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Open Source Idiom posted:

Have you guys seen Get Krack!n?

Run, do not walk, to the nearest place you can watch Get Krack!n. Kate McLennan! Kate McCartney! Charlotte Nicdao! John Howard! Rachel House! Pretty much anyone who's remotely funny from Australia and New Zealand! A fully unsimulated shot of one of the leads giving birth!

Elevator pitch: It's a tremendously funny, incredibly mean satire of Daytime TV (specially Breakfast shows) that just loving goes places. It's a loose sequel to The Katering Show which I know some of you have watched, so it's that kind of humour except dialled up ever further. Also the finale is just an astonishing piece of television, just a no fucks given, I-can't-believe-you-made-the-mistake-of-renewing-us you-won't-make-that-mistake-again energy.

I started rewatching because the Kates have a new show coming out on Amazon this year, but man, I'd forgotten how good this is.

Watch it.

I never got to watch Get Krack!n because it was region locked, but I loved The Katering show, and I’m happy that the Kates are working together again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Get Krack!n is great, I had no idea they got an Amazon deal, so good for them.

The new show is called Deadloch, for the record. Doesn’t have a set date yet.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

MechaSeinfeld posted:

This is probably the dumbest question ever asked in this thread, but is Ozark actually good? I always (maybe mistakenly) dismissed it as just ‘Netflix’s attempt at Breaking Bad’

To me Ozark started really good but flubbed the landing. The final season was a big wet fart. But, Julia Garner fuckin ruled in that fuckin show and deserves every fuckin award she's nominated for. It is RARE that I care about awards but I was rooting for her and telling people to watch the show simply because of her. I'd say I'm a super fan but I didn't watch her other Netflix show and couldn't have cared less about her Americans character heh

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Open Source Idiom posted:

Have you guys seen Get Krack!n?

Run, do not walk, to the nearest place you can watch Get Krack!n. Kate McLennan! Kate McCartney! Charlotte Nicdao! John Howard! Rachel House! Pretty much anyone who's remotely funny from Australia and New Zealand! A fully unsimulated shot of one of the leads giving birth!

Elevator pitch: It's a tremendously funny, incredibly mean satire of Daytime TV (specially Breakfast shows) that just loving goes places. It's a loose sequel to The Katering Show which I know some of you have watched, so it's that kind of humour except dialled up ever further. Also the finale is just an astonishing piece of television, just a no fucks given, I-can't-believe-you-made-the-mistake-of-renewing-us you-won't-make-that-mistake-again energy.

I started rewatching because the Kates have a new show coming out on Amazon this year, but man, I'd forgotten how good this is.

Watch it.

Sold on what I bolded alone. Didn't know this was a thing, but I loved The Katering Show so drat much. Thank you!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Ozarks final season was a let down but I felt the show got consistently better each season until then though.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Since we are talking about The Kates, The Katering Show can be watched on YouTube: https://youtube.com/@Thekateringshow

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Ozarks final season may not have been as good as the previous ones but it was still really fuckin good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's Buffy the Werewolf Slayer but wb smg!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

It won't be as goofy fun as Buffy :(

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I was about to say didn't she go full tradwife? And then I realized I was thinking of the other blonde from a 90s TV reboot, Melissa Joan Hart.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No SMG and her husband FPJR remain, AFAIK, Cool

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

secretly best girl posted:

I was about to say didn't she go full tradwife? And then I realized I was thinking of the other blonde from a 90s TV reboot, Melissa Joan Hart.

Nah. She now owns a company that does organic instant baking stuff, FoodStirs.

I'm glad SMG's in something new; she's a great actress that can do comedy and serious. I'm looking forward to seeing what stupid stuff she gets into, since I doubt this paranormal tv show has amazing writing; Teen Wolf certainly didn't.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I really enjoyed Willow. It felt like a fun, campy D&D campaign put to film. There's certainly a place for the more serious fantasy shows like HotD, LoTR, and WoT, but this was a welcome breath of fresh air that had me grinning at lots of points (even if some of the beats were cliche/tropey).

Also great to finally see a queer romance between two main characters on Disney.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

zoux posted:

It's Buffy the Werewolf Slayer but wb smg!

I want to believe that this is in the same universe as What We Do in The Shadows.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Big McHuge posted:

I really enjoyed Willow. It felt like a fun, campy D&D campaign put to film. There's certainly a place for the more serious fantasy shows like HotD, LoTR, and WoT, but this was a welcome breath of fresh air that had me grinning at lots of points (even if some of the beats were cliche/tropey).

Also great to finally see a queer romance between two main characters on Disney.
Yeah. I can see the things in it tat causes a ton of people to nope out early on, and then it got review blitzed by right wing shitheads and nostalgic nerds, but this is the closest thing I’ve seen to a Hercules/Xena fantasy series since Legend of the Seeker, and it’s much better acted and written than that last.

It has a lot of dumb Australian character actor comedy energy I associate with those shows, and also Farscape.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Hughmoris posted:

I want to believe that this is in the same universe as What We Do in The Shadows.

You know, I'm surprised that when the Vampire Council met, they had the vampire from Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie, but not any of the Whirlwind (Darla, Angel, Drusilla, or Spike) from the Buffy TV series. It's not like anyone but David Boreanaz was too busy to film a cameo.

But yeah, having the ultimate Slayer guide Guillermo through his innate skills? That would be great.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Season 4 of Servant premieres tomorrow, Friday the 13th. I think this is the last season.

It feels like nothing ever happens in the show, but I watch anyway.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

The only things in Willow that irked me throughout were Boorman and the end credit songs. His smarminess just didn't work, which is unfortunate since he is the replacement Madmartigan, and the music was just dumb. I enjoyed it more when they decided to fork over the money to use the original songs, but I also found that they didn't belong in this type of show.

Things that I thought worked really well were Kit's arc and Willow's, let's call it redemption, arc. I think what I liked is that they delivered a sense of authenticity to the material they were given that we didn't get from the rest of the group, and why that is I don't really know, it's just how I felt watching

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
It is *wild* to me that Severance lost to HotD for best drama.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Golden Globes are dumb as heck but even by their standards that one’s egregious

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1613597196548558849?s=46&t=XUsVDmvhNDU8fJJipQhbkw
Hooray!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Aces High posted:

The only things in Willow that irked me throughout were Boorman and the end credit songs. His smarminess just didn't work, which is unfortunate since he is the replacement Madmartigan, and the music was just dumb. I enjoyed it more when they decided to fork over the money to use the original songs, but I also found that they didn't belong in this type of show.

Things that I thought worked really well were Kit's arc and Willow's, let's call it redemption, arc. I think what I liked is that they delivered a sense of authenticity to the material they were given that we didn't get from the rest of the group, and why that is I don't really know, it's just how I felt watching

I get what you're saying, but Boorman completely worked for me. Just a subjective taste thing, I guess. He was fun, down for anything (apparently, literally anything), and a great addition to the group.

The end credit songs...are what they are. At times they worked, at times they didn't. I'm mostly confused by the one in the finale. It's too bizarre of a choice to truly dislike, for me.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

BonoMan posted:

It is *wild* to me that Severance lost to HotD for best drama.

Severance and The Bear probably should have swapped categories.

Even if it wasn't exactly a comedy, Severance was really funny at times, and starring Adam Scott has to count for something on the drama-comedy spectrum. The Bear was spectacular, but I don't remember laughing much.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I enjoyed HOTD but yeah Severance was quite a bit better overall. I wouldn't call it a comedy, it's just a funny drama like all the best dramas. I am fine with Better Call Saul losing to either of those - I enjoyed the last season but something about it disappointed me, even though it had some great high points. Ozark, I've never seen and doubt I ever will.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

roomtone posted:

I enjoyed HOTD but yeah Severance was quite a bit better overall. I wouldn't call it a comedy, it's just a funny drama like all the best dramas. I am fine with Better Call Saul losing to either of those - I enjoyed the last season but something about it disappointed me, even though it had some great high points. Ozark, I've never seen and doubt I ever will.

I enjoyed HotD for what it was, more Game of Thrones but it definitely wasn't anything groundbreaking. Severance, on the other hand, was absolutely something different and amazing. I can't think of another show over the last few years that has grabbed me as much as it did, I couldn't wait for the new episodes to air.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I liked HOTD for the action and cool dragons, but the story was very weak in my opinion, Severance was in a whole other league.
I liked the idea of The Bear, and I could tell that it was good. But each episode made my toes cringe, so I mostly fast-forwarded through it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My preferred order of the nominees:

Saul - absolutely perfect final season

Severance - absolutely perfect first season

a very big gap

HotD - started off pretty meh but got good by the end, some great scenes but still feels like “we gotta get through all this history before we can get to the actual show”

The Crown - some good episodes and scenes but mostly a propaganda piece about how cool and awesome Prince Charles is

Ozark - compulsively watchable trash became boring trash trash

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

I get what you're saying, but Boorman completely worked for me. Just a subjective taste thing, I guess. He was fun, down for anything (apparently, literally anything), and a great addition to the group.

Boorman was great. "You guys want to kiss?"

Graydon had a good arc too. I hope s2 starts with him just noping the gently caress out of that vision or whatever and just running from the wyrm.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ChristianPost/status/1613249522511286272

This Summer.....Christ Returns

A traitor....will fall...A Savior...will rise....

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

zoux posted:

Surely it will have an Easter release date. Otherwise, what are they even doing?

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
The Traitors is now out on Peacock and it's exactly what you expect.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Coming back to life aged the Son of God 20 years.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

muscles like this! posted:

Digitally de-aged Jesus?

I haven't seen Caviezel in a while. Is he looking a lot older?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

He was in hell for three days ok

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/kattenbarge/status/1613616949342396417

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think the discourse can handle this

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Very Rick move, IMO. [obnoxious burp]

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZA2gbUz77U

Yeah its Family Guy but still

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Was this before or after he talked musk into buying Twitter

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

While that is true, it's still absolutely loving amazing.

Also, I feel like I've said this before, maybe in the animation thread or something, but I love that Jesus has visited Quahog on multiple occasions (and even tried to have sex with Lois!), and Peter has visited the literal Christian God in literal Christian Heaven, but Brian is still an atheist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

YeahTubaMike posted:

While that is true, it's still absolutely loving amazing.

Also, I feel like I've said this before, maybe in the animation thread or something, but I love that Jesus has visited Quahog on multiple occasions (and even tried to have sex with Lois!), and Peter has visited the literal Christian God in literal Christian Heaven, but Brian is still an atheist.

He might just not want to believe in this god. Jesus is a total dick in Family Guy.

Like, yeah, maybe he thinks he exists, but that he's the benevolent creator of all things? gently caress that.