Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
the metaverse episode was clearly harmon's poo poo, in the same way the intergalactic tv episodes were roiland's

I mean, Iunno about the rest of the episodes, but for a couple of them the influence is obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cojawfee posted:

From hearing people talk about it and watching people play it, the problem is that Justin's writing is fine when he can control the timing. But in this game, he can't control the timing. In a show he could have someone walk up to a thing, do a quip, then go to the next thing, do another quip, and so on. But in the game, nothing stops the player from just sprinting through the area and then it's playing all the quips at once. Or it keeps playing a conversation and you're still able to hear it after you've walked away.

Roiland will actually start yelling at you if you go through an area too fast.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

are dan harmon and justin roiland even doing much work on rick and morty? i thought they passed off being showrunners so they could focus on other projects. i'm sure they still have a lot of creative input on the show but when people say "dan harmon is ruining the show" is there any actual evidence that harmon wrote [episode i dislike] other than "this smells like harmon's poo poo"

Who knows, but that episode coulda come outta the mind of a lot of different authors. Self-import writers hand-wringing about their own self-importance is the Pokémon evolution of Imposter Syndrome. It's so common I'm surprised there isn't a label for it.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Roiland will actually start yelling at you if you go through an area too fast.

Yeah. Also the guns and the primaries are the only ones who get to continue talking while you roam. The NPC types just curse you when you walk away before they have their say. Iirc, some won't continue/restart the scripted chatter after that so I think I lost a few bits of amusing chatter because of it.

The chatter isn't all that bad as each gun is voiced by a recognizable top tier voice actor who do their best to inhabit the role of sentient guns from a sentient gun planet.

There's a plot that's pretty much a loose Solar Opposites type of plot overlay, but that's all pretty unimportant as the game knows what it is: Saving The Universe From Drug Dealers Who Want To Smoke Humanity In A Space Bong.

Plus, Space Chain Restaurants. And an amazing conversation about space genitalia. Lots of space stuff...it's a theme but we don't get too far outside of what you can see, folks. Just your thin framework of a plot so another set of angel investors can wear you around their necks like gold chains. All very dehumanizing and creatively like a mini-holocaust, but for ideas that came out while Roiland was pooping. Oh, and it's on Game Pass, so they're only making Spotify money at best. Aw geez, folks.

SpeakSlow fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 22, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is it sad that Space Beth seems to have wound up re-domesticated?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

She's boning herself. It's hardly re-domestication. I'd wager she's about as domestic as Rick used to be.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

PostNouveau posted:

Is it sad that Space Beth seems to have wound up re-domesticated?

No, why would it be? She's happy and maintaining a good relationship with her family. Also, she hasn't stopped doing cool space stuff, she's just found a healthy work life balance.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Is it sad and pathetic to love your family? Better to just abandon them I guess

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Also I'd assume that the Galactic Government is still pretty hosed up from their big Wrangler Death Star blown up. So probably not as much resistance stuff to do until they get the second one built.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

poor mr poopy butthole can't catch a break man :(
Seems like he caught two pretty big ones at the end, heyooooo

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The ongoing Mr. Poopy Butthole saga is the dark horse great subplot that keeps me coming back to this show.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The theory that Mr. Poopybutthole is an apex predator from the world of the parasites that showed up in Total Rickall is an excellent fan theory and I hope it's correct.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Ah man, what a derail that was

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m a little sad that we didn’t get any shoutout to The Core with the whole ‘have to drill into the Earth to catch a lightsaber’ plot

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1613623365243125760

I got myself into a pickle, Morty

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oh man, oh jeez.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Are we finally going to talk about how he tried to gently caress an underage fan or whatever the gently caress that poo poo was?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This Roiland guy is just too much trouble. Thank goodness we have a well behaved, stable creator like Dan Harmon to steady the ship.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sorry to all the animator goons whose jobs might be going away because this

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

IIRC animator goons have moved on from R&M? I think?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I wonder if the show will get canceled. An employment contract would have "charged with a felony" as cause for termination so I figure a show deal would be similar

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

smoobles posted:

I wonder if the show will get canceled. An employment contract would have "charged with a felony" as cause for termination so I figure a show deal would be similar

There's no way the higher-ups didn't know that they had this hanging over their heads the past couple years.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I mean, if the press didn't sniff it out in 3 years, it's possible the network executives didn't know either?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

smoobles posted:

I mean, if the press didn't sniff it out in 3 years, it's possible the network executives didn't know either?

As I understand it, the press got wind of it because it's finally going to trial.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I wish I could say I was surprised, honestly. Obviously first priority is justice for the victim(s) but curious what this will mean for the show long term (likely nothing if enough people are making money off of it)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can't you ditch Roiland and just go ahead with Harmon?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

Can't you ditch Roiland and just go ahead with Harmon?

Probably easily if Roiland didn't voice Rick and Morty.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I do a pretty good Morty voice incorporating plenty of Aw jeezes, I think I could step in

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Next season's episodes are going to be really Birdman and Jerry heavy...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yeah there are probably a ton of talented voice actors who can do a great Rick and/or Morty.

^ Birdperson :mad:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

check it out..I turned myself into a felon morty

I'm felon riiiiiick

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Zero One posted:

Yeah there are probably a ton of talented voice actors who can do a great Rick and/or Morty.

^ Birdperson :mad:

And as an added bonus, less incest jokes

stellae
Oct 3, 2021

A lurker in poster's clothing
Next season starts with Rick and Morty leaving through a portal at breakfast, and then at the end of the very last episode they come back completely scorched up and exhausted. No voice actors needed!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How many episodes can you get out of the voice clips gimmick South Park did for chef.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Is it really so hard to not assault your spouse?

I've legitimately never understood it.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Both Rick and Morty are now voiced by Tracy Morgan.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ikanreed posted:

Is it really so hard to not assault your spouse?

I've legitimately never understood it.

It's your spouse. It's like keying your own car.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Time for Michael Cusack to step in

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.
god loving drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

hatty posted:

Time for Michael Cusack to step in

Probably the best course of action. He's just Australian Justin Roiland. Though guy's juggling three shows right now.