Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

harperdc posted:

It was real cool when Renault had figured out the frequency for the timing lights and connected that into launch control.

Supposedly.

It was the false start detection signal that they used to launch iirc which is even better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tsaedje posted:

It was the false start detection signal that they used to launch iirc which is even better

That owned when the race director did the false signal and the Renaults just lurched

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
I have not seen anyone discuss the fallout between Max and Checo, so I'm here to list the theories that have been floating around:

1. Checo spun in Monaco to grab 3rd place on the grid (I don't believe any of this but it's the only semi-official version floating around).
2. During the Austin GP Checo asked Max to help him secure 2nd place now that there wasn't anything else to fight for and Max refused.
3. Now that the president of Austria is dead, Carlos Slim (Claro/Telcel/Telmex) made enquiries about investing in RB which angried the Verstappens (This is the one I believe the most).
4. Checo tried to make Max a cuck after trying to hook up with Kelly Piquet during a party (this one is the wildest but funnier theory and worthy of a DTS episode).

I believe Checo will still be Max's wingman in 2023 but he will not fight as hard as before and this will help HAM secure the 8th :allears:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Let's go get in there Lewis!!!!!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

El Chingon posted:

I have not seen anyone discuss the fallout between Max and Checo, so I'm here to list the theories that have been floating around:

1. Checo spun in Monaco to grab 3rd place on the grid (I don't believe any of this but it's the only semi-official version floating around).
2. During the Austin GP Checo asked Max to help him secure 2nd place now that there wasn't anything else to fight for and Max refused.
3. Now that the president of Austria is dead, Carlos Slim (Claro/Telcel/Telmex) made enquiries about investing in RB which angried the Verstappens (This is the one I believe the most).
4. Checo tried to make Max a cuck after trying to hook up with Kelly Piquet during a party (this one is the wildest but funnier theory and worthy of a DTS episode).

I believe Checo will still be Max's wingman in 2023 but he will not fight as hard as before and this will help HAM secure the 8th :allears:

Okay, but you gotta get over it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
theories:

Lewis Hamilton is old and shot.

Ferrari is epic win.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm hearing some big rumours out of Maranello that this year's Ferrari is going to be so epic it's going to cause all the embarrassing fail br*tish teams to exit the sport in disgrace.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

El Chingon posted:

Whoa, Sir Lew might be getting old, but he should not need any help locking down 8th place in the WDC fight.

italian quid posted:

I'm hearing some big rumours out of Maranello that this year's Ferrari is going to be so epic it's going to cause all the embarrassing fail br*tish teams to exit the sport in disgrace.

That is great news, because it means we are in for truly epic screwups to compensate for the fast car.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Mercedes fans are bad people
Red Bull doesn’t have fans
Ferrari will never win a WDC/WCC again

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

MustardFacial posted:

Sounds like McLaren is cool, good, and soon to be winning championships again, imo.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Drive to Survive, February 24

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

marshalljim posted:

Sounds like McLaren is cool, good, and soon to be winning championships again, imo.

Many are saying this, mostly in mental hospitals OP

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

The thread was an altogether saner place when Sir Lewis was busy Getting In There, and big Valt was sometimes getting in there too.

And you’re right, Red Bull doesn’t have fans, Max does. But they’re awful, OP.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

marshalljim posted:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

nerox
May 20, 2001

Kloaked00 posted:

Drive to Survive, February 24

There's a Golf one coming out called Full Swing on February 15. It advertises the Brooks Koepka is in it, so I can't wait to see how they handle the LIV drama.

I am going to be binging a lot of sports docudramas in February I guess. This will be the first year I watch Drive to Survive after watching the entire F1 season.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

marshalljim posted:

You got that right OP!

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

El Chingon posted:

You forgot the part where RBR re-hired Are Dan so they can drop Checo when Max has a tantrum due to bad performance

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The funnier outcome would be Max having such a heated gaming moment that the team and the FIA decide there is no way he can continue in the sport, Dan takes his seat but is still poo poo.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Did Andretti really think that he was in just because FIA prez was like "yeah it would be great to have another team"?

He seems like a total blowhard.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

nerox posted:

I am going to be binging a lot of sports docudramas in February I guess. This will be the first year I watch Drive to Survive after watching the entire F1 season.

WTF you sat through every race? Mods?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

Did Andretti really think that he was in just because FIA prez was like "yeah it would be great to have another team"?

He seems like a total blowhard.

No, it’s because after trying to buy a team in the last couple years everyone at the top said “okay but find a major OEM and maybe we’ll talk,” and then he did. Got told to fix his homework and did it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

There’s not actually enough hospital capacity in the UK so I’m cheering McLaren on from a stretcher in the car park

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

There’s not actually enough hospital capacity in the UK so I’m cheering McLaren on from a stretcher in the car park

In the US you'd be getting charged extra for having a view.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hope you are ok OP

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

The funnier outcome would be Max having such a heated gaming moment that the team and the FIA decide there is no way he can continue in the sport, Dan takes his seat but is still poo poo.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1613097774756646914

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

Elated for you to hear that you've extracted yourself out from under the jackboot of Brussels's health care funding! #forzabretagna

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

marshalljim posted:

My brother in law loves McLaren and I made a cool 3d printed table saw jig for him in the proper colors.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Ferrari is epic win.

sorry to hear you still have brain rot, op :smith:

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Been thinking about getting a moka pot in support of Ferrari this year. Thoughts?

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

canyoneer posted:

My brother in law loves McLaren and I made a cool 3d printed table saw jig for him in the proper colors.

Should've made all the dials that lovely Google logo.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

doomisland posted:

Been thinking about getting a moka pot in support of Ferrari this year. Thoughts?

Get aeropress filters to layer over the metal filter, and make sure every metal part of the moka pot is hot when you use it, rinsing both chambers with boiling water.

I use 200g of water to 25g of coffee but I think the ratio depends on the coffee. It takes about seven minutes to slowly bubble over but that depends too. Try not to let it hiss too much at the end, by placing the whole moka pot into cool water, unless you enjoy particularly bitter coffee.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

nerox posted:

There's a Golf one coming out called Full Swing on February 15. It advertises the Brooks Koepka is in it, so I can't wait to see how they handle the LIV drama.

Enjoy being gaslit into a bunch of poo poo that didn't happen.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

doomisland posted:

Be like me and just get a clever dripper. All the taste of good coffee without the faff.

Get in there lewis.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

TDepressionEarl posted:

Get aeropress filters to layer over the metal filter, and make sure every metal part of the moka pot is hot when you use it, rinsing both chambers with boiling water.

I use 200g of water to 25g of coffee but I think the ratio depends on the coffee. It takes about seven minutes to slowly bubble over but that depends too. Try not to let it hiss too much at the end, by placing the whole moka pot into cool water, unless you enjoy particularly bitter coffee.

mate if it takes seven minutes youre severely loving up. preboil the water, chuck it on a gas stove and you got your coffee in a cup before two minutes are over.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Charles Leclerc posted:

Enjoy being gaslit into a bunch of poo poo that didn't happen.

Thats exactly the reason I stopped watching after 2 episodes of season 3... Love the behind the scenes stuff, but the manufactured drama was super annoying.

Edit: Coffee Chat: Clearly you guys need a Jimmy Rees "Wanker Coffee" cup

https://jimmyrees.bandtshirts.com.au/buy/jimmy-rees/11536-wanker-coffee-reusable-cup

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

net work error posted:

Hope you are ok OP

Oh I'm fine it was a reference to the mental hospital thing

The only good Drive to Survive moment lately has been Yuki talking about his poo