Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Family: Unnamed Children, like in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Another Twitter Files has arrived and Musk doesn't even give a poo poo enough to retweet it:

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1613589031773769739?s=20&t=b_eCOJvXs90GNxEf3su6Ww

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Imagine tweeting so bad it costs you almost $250 million dollars a month in ad revenue

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
interesting/concerning/looking into it: the ICL model
by Elon musk

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

for sure this is the twitter files that everyone will pay attention to

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Taibbi is frantically retweeting the Twitter Files because no one gives a poo poo and is now arguing with people calling him out on his bullshit:

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1613606701818585089?s=20&t=z4CLI1wTW8F987ucUi-FDg

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Herstory Begins Now posted:

amazing that out of the entire body of fictional (and hell non-fictional) characters one could choose to identify with and use as a source of inspiration, musk goes with fuckin rick

Lots of really stupid people think Rick is the hero of the show. Elon Musk is really loving stupid, so this tracks.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Hazo posted:

Lots of really stupid people think Rick is the hero of the show. Elon Musk is really loving stupid, so this tracks.

im just saying, like, set your aspirations higher than an anti-hero in a kids show, yknow?

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Hazo posted:

I've said it before:
Everyone who think's they're Rick is actually Jerry (before he got character development)

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

I dig how even in the “Tusk Dimension”, they stick to the source material from our hell-dimension with “unnamed children”

Efb… concerning

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Alien Arcana posted:

What exactly qualifies one as a "top poster" here? Is there a rankings chart somewhere?

universal lauding and high goonpinion followed by the poster's eventual suicide when they're revealed as a sex pest.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

E the Shaggy posted:

Another Twitter Files has arrived and Musk doesn't even give a poo poo enough to retweet it:

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1613589031773769739?s=20&t=b_eCOJvXs90GNxEf3su6Ww

Oh well, maybe 15th time's the charm. Then Matt's gonna show all those who mocked these meandering and tediously long threads that he's a proper big boy reporter

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Surely even Taibbi must have realised he's just shouting into the void.

I assume at this point he's just committed to the bit and doesn't know how to stop.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

SRQ posted:

I've said it before:
Everyone who think's they're Rick is actually Jerry (before he got character development)

The worst insult I heard of this nature was based on China, IL- guy told his friend he’s the worst kind of man imaginable, a Frank who thinks he’s a Steve

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Roiland turning out to be an abusing piece of poo poo is once of those bits of news that is disappointing to hear, but not surprising.

this is apparently literally how he texts

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Endorph posted:

Oh wow, he literally talks like Morty.

I guess that isn’t really surprising.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

That's... That's dark enough you can't even really joke about it.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Steadiman posted:

Oh well, maybe 15th time's the charm. Then Matt's gonna show all those who mocked these meandering and tediously long threads that he's a proper big boy reporter
Worked for Kevin McCarthy!

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:

nerox posted:

What kind of nerd posts on the same forum for 20 years?

Just the lowest of the low, worthless, most inept that society has to offer

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Once again it is proven that domestic violence offenders are easily identifiable by everybody and should just be shot in advance

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

E the Shaggy posted:

Taibbi is frantically retweeting the Twitter Files because no one gives a poo poo and is now arguing with people calling him out on his bullshit:

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1613606701818585089?s=20&t=z4CLI1wTW8F987ucUi-FDg

lmao he's arguing with rando anon accounts with 6k followers, because nobody but randos and :eightbux:-payers is even paying attention anymore

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

it's so refreshing that everyone who said they'd stop using Twitter when Elon took over stopped using it

Hey I went and got myself banned by telling Elon that he's a dumb rear end in a top hat and will never be cool. :colbert:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Endorph posted:

Holy gently caress he painted himself as the victim so hard I got who was which message colour backwards

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Endorph posted:

Doing the weird "oooh wee" thing morty does in between each of his message and it can't be far off from how he's voicing these in his head

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Just now getting caught up with the Andrew Tate text messages that were leaked this week, and holy poo poo lol.

What text messages

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

ruddiger posted:

What text messages

Yes, please :justpost:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

huge content warnings regarding sexual assault stuff obviously

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxn3dm/andrew-tate-whatsapps-arrest

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

uhhh yeah they're the ones that includes lines like "i love raping you" which are some all-time, what do they call it now, "bad vibes"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

SRQ posted:

I've said it before:

except jerry even at his worst (the wooden puppet, maybe a few others) doesnt have the sheer vile of rick and mort fans or other bad protag tv shows.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
wait so he sent a text to the lady he raped saying that he loved raping her and the court was like "eeeh not guilty"?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Nooner posted:

wait so he sent a text to the lady he raped saying that he loved raping her and the court was like "eeeh not guilty"?

what court

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
if it was a crime to love rape, a lot of influential people would have to be jailed

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Nooner posted:

It never went to trial because the prosecutors declined to pursue the case. At least according to the article, the prosecutor even said they believed her, but they were afraid that a jury might not convict because she had consensual sex with Tate after the incident. Never mind the fact that it's quite common for sexual assault victims to do that because they feel it gives them some measure of control over what happened to them.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Justin Roiland was arrested charged and bailed 2 years ago and the news is just now showing up because it’s his first hearing? Nobody reported on this when he was arrested? Two years ago? Video game just kept getting made, no statement from adult swim while they were kicking that one guy off squidbillies for being racist.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
There's a good possibility they got blind-sided, and an even better possibility they knew but are still gonna act like it.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Nooner posted:

He was never even arrested. The cops didn’t feel it was worth pursuing. I guess they were busy solving all the other crimes

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Endorph posted:

Wow. I really really hate this.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Justin Roiland was arrested charged and bailed 2 years ago and the news is just now showing up because it’s his first hearing? Nobody reported on this when he was arrested? Two years ago? Video game just kept getting made, no statement from adult swim while they were kicking that one guy off squidbillies for being racist.

I mean, 2020 was a particularly slow news year, wasn't it?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what if it was 2021? Jan, maybe after the 6th? some other things might have taken the oxygen out of the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I can't think of anything that happened during that period