Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

KingSlime posted:

Just look at Capcom for example, they've been cranking out some great stuff that sells and you can still get their games half off after 12 months

Capcom can also sell games for any platform and are not restricted to the 114 Million Nintendo Switches sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Good point. I think Nintendo should port their games to other consoles. That would be neat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That would be a very stupid idea for them op

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
So? It would be cool for me, I don't care whether it's good for them or not lol. Having Sony and Microsoft games on competitor consoles is pretty awesome

I guess PC gamers have yuzu to replicate the experience

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I would like Nintendo to give me 8 million dollars

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I have 40 more aces to collect in neon white, holy gently caress I love this game. Do yourself a favor and skip all the dialogue though, doesn't get any better.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Building a new PC at the end of 2020 rather than getting one of the new consoles was a pro move

Game Pass Ultimate + the most notable playstation games getting ported to PC + Switch = win

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm going to save for a PC this year I think. It's going to be win

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

all those notable PlayStation games like

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Having access to the most games on one machine is very cool, very pro consumer, and better in terms of e-waste!

Shame about PC component prices during the pandemic though, I decided to just go with PS5 and switch for now and yep that covers nearly every title worth playing now or in the immediate future

Games are good

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

You care about e-waste, which is why you bought a PS5. Makes sense.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I think you missed the point, I wish I could just buy one gaming machine but exclusives or lack of horsepower make that hard hence why it's anti consumer

Honestly don't care what machine I have I just want to play all the coolest games. PS5 controller absolutely destroys anything on switch in terms of ergonomics though so in terms of controller, I definitely have a clear preference. Those haptics are really neat too

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's actually very economical, and also low-crunch, to not make any games

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

KingSlime posted:

I think you missed the point, I wish I could just buy one gaming machine but exclusives or lack of horsepower make that hard hence why it's anti consumer

Honestly don't care what machine I have I just want to play all the coolest games. PS5 controller absolutely destroys anything on switch in terms of ergonomics though so in terms of controller, I definitely have a clear preference. Those haptics are really neat too

I think you missed the joke.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it's actually very economical, and also low-crunch, to not make any games

They're doing us all a solid, really.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is why Sony has a better track record at treating their employees than Nintendo

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

KingSlime posted:

I have 40 more aces to collect in neon white, holy gently caress I love this game. Do yourself a favor and skip all the dialogue though, doesn't get any better.

Is it not like Donut County? I enjoyed it there.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The dialogue pwns.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I think I might have half of the game left but neon white has some pretty unbearable dialogue, some of the worst of games I've played in recent memory.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The dialogue is like if a bunch of teens working at hot topic during the early 2000s decided to write their own super bad rear end no posers allowed anime during a single shift

The game play is soooo freaking good though, everything from the UI to the way the movement feels to the soundtrack is sublime. Can't pick between this or Elden ring for my GOTY

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sleng Teng posted:

I think I might have half of the game left but neon white has some pretty unbearable dialogue, some of the worst of games I've played in recent memory.

I liked it but I like jokes about characters acting far cooler than they actually are

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I liked it but I like jokes about characters acting far cooler than they actually are

I like those kind of jokes too but they hosed it up imo. They did get some good VA talent though (sprung big bucks I'm guessing for some big names) which takes some of the edge off

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Okay. 2022 was a pretty great year for me as an srpg and jrpg enjoyer

2023 also looking good with Front Mission 2 and Suikoden and Suikoden 2.

Let’s hit the holy trinity: new Shining Force game for the switch 2023, please Camelot!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Don't forget Fire Emblem Engage coming out next week.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i would kill for a new shining force

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m getting pretty excited for Engage, the battle system changes seem smart and apparently there’s no marriage which is a plus in my book

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Pungry posted:

I would like to, though.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Enjoy your $2000 switch

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Pungry posted:

And octopath 2

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mezzanon posted:

And octopath 2

oh dang.......

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
im probably gonna hold on octopath 2 because the first one was kind of ehh and also i dont need another massive fucken game in the middle of xenoblade 3

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im probably gonna hold on octopath 2 because the first one was kind of ehh and also i dont need another massive fucken game in the middle of xenoblade 3

My backlog is taking forever because I’ve been holding myself to a “number of video game hours played equal to number of hours spent exercising per week”

Which is more than I thought at least

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

pc is a fail platform

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Every system besides the Dreamcast is a failed platform.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

pc is a fail platform

stop standing on it lol

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I liked Donut County a lot, even though the humour is very... "twitter" it made me laugh and felt super charming, so I hoped Neon White would be similar and just a bit love it or hate it. it is unfortunately not like that at all.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wow so I’ve seriously cleared out my backlog!

So I still never beat Darkest Dungeon or Rain World but I didn’t really enjoy them. I never fully completed RE4 this time and I still have FfX2 to play but I’ve beaten the former and I’ll get to the latter sooner or later.

All I’ve got left is Subnautica which is my weekend game, when I can sit down and put 3-4 hours plus into it at a time. I need something to chill with during the weeks now, better for shorter bursts you know?

While I’m not quite in the mood for esoteric gameplay, (thanks Subnautica, it’s great but I need something a touch mindless) which seems like Tunics deal but it seems playable with a dpad only?

I’m otherwise leaning Sifu or Neon White. Anodyne 2 is also on a deep sale but I’m not quite as keen on it atm.

However I’m open to any suggestions particularly if they are d-pad friendly. Which is my preferred way to play handheld.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

stop standing on it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

hatty posted:

I’m getting pretty excited for Engage, the battle system changes seem smart and apparently there’s no marriage which is a plus in my book
No marriage sucks and im gonna murder everyone at intsys u less they release advance wars