Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

*checks clipboard*

...This all seems in order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

ymgve posted:

do any of these mapgames have maps accurate for the eras, that then get more detailed and correct as time passes?

depends on how irredentist you are I suppose

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Feldegast42 posted:

depends on how irredentist you are I suppose

I mean with the shape of continents being whack, not the country borders

edit: like imagine a mapgame with this aesthetic

ymgve fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 13, 2023

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ymgve posted:

I mean with the shape of continents being whack, not the country borders

edit: like imagine a mapgame with this aesthetic

Oh for sure. Check out this absurd imaginative wrongness:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Huh, as of today Saudi Arabia owns 6% of Nintendo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There was this game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRDVJplAxkI

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Gaius Marius posted:

The biggest games related concept I'm a fan of is Bink Video, god everytime you see that logo you know you were in for something special

lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'd rather spend $500 on almost anything else

Goonspeed, person in videogame wilderness.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i feel bad but i think hitman is kinda fun? i keep thinkin maybe i got it figured out and had my fill but then want to play again the next night

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Khanstant posted:

i feel bad but i think hitman is kinda fun? i keep thinkin maybe i got it figured out and had my fill but then want to play again the next night

You can't just come in here and enjoy a game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

HopperUK posted:

oh *that's* why people are talking about the ps5

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Khanstant posted:

hitman rules op

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The hitman games are fucken epic. I never played the third one of the new trilogy and I should

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Feels, how did the port of Elevator Action Returns end up? Should I buy it?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's good OP

The default control bindings are fucky on the pc version apparently

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

New Hitman is a great series let down by the Kafkaesque nightmare that is trying to find out how to buy it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It is a little hosed up (imo) to enjoy one of the best games of the last ten years

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's good OP

The default control bindings are fucky on the pc version apparently

Good enough for me.
Looking forward to hearing 'Crush the old order and create a new society!' again

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The hitman games are fucken epic. I never played the third one of the new trilogy and I should

The 3rd episode is outstanding OP

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I genuinely don't know what to look forward to this year.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lawman 0 posted:

zeno clash 3

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Gaius Marius posted:

New Hitman is a great series let down by the Kafkaesque nightmare that is trying to find out how to buy it

good news, theyre fixing that at the end of the month

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

The 7th Guest posted:

zeno clash 3

Hype! Is 2 good? I've only played 1

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's been a while since I played it, like nearly 8 years ago. i think i recall it being good but the change to the structure wasn't to its benefit

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

HopperUK posted:

well i mean i feel bad about these people i'm killing. I usually try to avoid killing people in games. and i dont feel bad about the targets, so far they've all been evil rich folks happy to take out but all these other people. workers i'm choking out to steal their clothes. people im just walking into rooms and throwing wrenches at their head because I know I can get away with it if nobody is looking. every time ive been given a sword I just start chopping people wildly. or i got this exploding golf ball once and just kept reloading to throw it at different people or crowds to see what happened and i don't even like golf

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Would you all like to hear a story about how I beat a miniboss in Elden Ring?

In Raya Lucaria, there's a really strong knight guarding the lift to fight the main boss of the area. I absolutely could not beat him in a fight, so I decided I would run past him and get on the lift and that would be fine, right? Except he got on the lift too, and immediately killed me. EXCEPT! Somehow the lift then killed him too, which meant I got his shield drop right after the YOU DIED screen, and then when I returned to the lift he was no longer there. Extreme gaming power.

Anyway I'm really enjoying Elden Ring. I've never played a souls game before except for half an hour trying out Dark Souls 3 and dying to the first boss a lot then giving up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have made An Art

More accurately I semi-completed an old project I had sitting around not doing anything.
The SNES and N64 cartridges are mine from when I was a kid, the NES carts I rebought a while ago as Mum+Dad sold our old NES.

Going to get some museum labels made up for them and printed on card stock to complete the look.
Just gotta think what to put on them
:thunk:

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
drat I thought Xenoblade chronicles 3 was good before, but I just got to the city and my mind is blow. Goty

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lawman 0 posted:

Homeworld 3

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

it's gonna be another landmark game in terms of unit chatter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16C8iYq8l48

"Cleared hot, let's take it to 'em"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hitman rules, they're bundling all three games and all DLC together at the end of the month to get rid of the pants-on-head-stupid process required to get everything currently, Freelancer mode is also coming out at the end of the month and the test run I got to take part in was a loving blast, and as mentioned the game very wisely decided to make the targets of all the main missions be horrible rich assholes that nobody feels bad about being horribly murdered.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Metis of the Hallway posted:

In Raya Lucaria, there's a really strong knight guarding the lift to fight the main boss of the area. I absolutely could not beat him in a fight, so I decided I would run past him and get on the lift and that would be fine, right? Except he got on the lift too, and immediately killed me. EXCEPT! Somehow the lift then killed him too, which meant I got his shield drop right after the YOU DIED screen, and then when I returned to the lift he was no longer there. Extreme gaming power.

Anyway I'm really enjoying Elden Ring. I've never played a souls game before except for half an hour trying out Dark Souls 3 and dying to the first boss a lot then giving up.

Souls games are all about “we take those kinds of wins”, you’re getting into the swing of things perfectly. Hope you continue to have fun with Elden Ring and then hopefully the other Souls games.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I love Hitman

"Isn't it so good that we were able to increase the price of our life saving drug by 5000% after we started adding ground up orphans to the recipe? Now lets stand for a moment on top of the trapdoor to this tank of great white sharks while that nondescript 7 foot tall bald waiter stands next to the release button"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

curiously, the only console warriors you see these days all happen to own ps5s

Someone hasn’t read the Xbox thread (I see someone earlier said the same thing about the Switch thread but I stay away from that one cos of its reputation)

Metis of the Hallway posted:

love this story lmao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/m7HS9Cz.mp4

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Having beaten it, Midnight Suns is officially the second best Marvel card based video game I've played this year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pwnstar posted:

I love Hitman

"Isn't it so good that we were able to increase the price of our life saving drug by 5000% after we started adding ground up orphans to the recipe? Now lets stand for a moment on top of the trapdoor to this tank of great white sharks while that nondescript 7 foot tall bald waiter stands next to the release button"

Monstrous CEO: We can definitely trust him, he's only got our best interests at heart, I asked him and he said,"I just want you to be my chum :geno:"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

John Hitman: I'm the photographer, I heard you wanted a... headshot
John Badman: This is very important to me, are you any good?
John Hitman: I've been shooting people like you for years, I'm a professional
John Badman: Fire away buddy, I want to make some memories
John Hitman: Trust me sir, you'll remember this for the rest of your life...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tobias Rieper just can't turn it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
my computer broke which busted me out of my dwarf fortress addiction, so I've been playing tunic

pretty good imo