Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Agent355 posted:

The co-commentator thing is odd to me because I'd imagine making an event online would make finding somebody to commentate pretty easy? They don't have to be able to afford plane tickets or anything that might otherwise make finding a proper couch hard.

He's got someone commentating from the 6th moon of Jupiter, so lack of travel is definitely a benefit.

The mechanics breakdown is great, I just hope they can fill all the time since the races themselves are kinda eh without items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Slickdrac posted:

He's got someone commentating from the 6th moon of Jupiter, so lack of travel is definitely a benefit.

lmao I had to mute the stream

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

she fixed her mic, yaaay

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

what the gently caress is the character limit on donations

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

jesus almighty that donation lmfao

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Agent355 posted:

what the gently caress is the character limit on donations

5000 characters

also LOL wild Puyo Lore

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

spike cameo

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Cernunnos posted:

5000 characters

also LOL wild Puyo Lore

I feel like they could have just listed 'anime' instead of all that other poo poo and we would've got the idea

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

'what notable games to pull from ' uh oh sounds like an upcoming game is getting axed and replaced if spike's hotmic is anything to go by

e: oh fu is in chat saying they are putting a list together for the daily recap, phew

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
Seriously what the gently caress was that donation about? I was convinced someone was just making up words

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I assumed they were planning what clips and games they were going to mention for the daily recap

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Another 10k from the dk guy who's at a higher total than Yetee now

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Slickdrac posted:

Another 10k from the dk guy who's at a higher total than Yetee now

He's now donated almost as much as Notch did in total and almost all of that was during this event.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
And he hasn't gotten boo'ed either!

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Cernunnos posted:

He's now donated almost as much as Notch did in total and almost all of that was during this event.

This is reminding me I need to finish my "soft merge donors" idea.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Neon Hwite

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Boomerang X was surprisingly cool, that and Cyber Hook are the two games this marathon that I hadn't heard of and now want to play casually.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Ahahah I forgot about these uncanny pre-rendered cutscenes.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Didn't notice the boot in the rear end flag behind the runner until 9 minutes into the run, well played runner.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
You mean our proud Australian flag.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

the airboat thing is getting run into the ground

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

That's not possible; it's an airboat, not a groundboat.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

GDQ speedruns jokes into the ground, it's my least favorite part of the marathon but w/e, people seem to like it

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

I forgot that this game had a couple good tunes :banjo:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Agent355 posted:

GDQ speedruns jokes into the ground, it's my least favorite part of the marathon but w/e, people seem to like it

ORB and Wario never forget.

I do like the inscrutable game in jokes, like Control in French - "AYOOOO!"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Kestral posted:

Boomerang X was surprisingly cool, that and Cyber Hook are the two games this marathon that I hadn't heard of and now want to play casually.

Cyber Hook had a great launch where they got people in for blind races and IL bounties and such. Made for great publicity (disclaimer: I don't know how much it actually paid off but it sure felt good from a consumer view) because like you said it's the kind of game where you see someone streaming it and say "I want to have a go" and they knew their target audience perfectly.

Contrast with Battletoads trying to do the same thing. That went over like a wet fart because while people will speedrun anything, it's not a speedrun game. By the end of the weekend everyone who was going for best times sounded miserable.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
https://twitter.com/uraniumanchor/status/1613750256226689024

Run is about 27 hours from now. Going to crash now and hopefully be well rested for tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous. As always.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

UraniumAnchor posted:

Run is about 27 hours from now. Going to crash now and hopefully be well rested for tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous. As always.

best of luck, speedgamer

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

these next couple incentives aren't gonna be met at all, rip

UraniumAnchor posted:

hell yeah

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

alright the "streamed cams" bit got a legit laugh outta me

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Work has been lame this week so I haven’t gotten to watch much, are there any must-watch runs so far to start with on VODs?

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
I ignored this game when it came out because I had been burned by licensed games too many times and kinda saw it as a GTA3 cash in. But this run is really fun. Great runner and commentary, and wonderful donation references.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Korwen posted:

Work has been lame this week so I haven’t gotten to watch much, are there any must-watch runs so far to start with on VODs?

portal airboat%, punchy's illbleed run, neon white, boomerang x, all of awful block

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Korwen posted:

I haven't seen a bad run yet, tbh

common recs are portal airboat% and fashion police squad; I only caught half of awful block but it was entertaining

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Korwen posted:

in addition to the above, bomberman 64 the second attack and portal. mario galaxy 2 if you want a longer run, ff7 if you want an even longer-er run.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

"What skills will you use in this PowerWash challenge?"

"We all have VERY strong wrists."

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Autisanal Cheese posted:

"What skills will you use in this PowerWash challenge?"

"We all have VERY strong wrists."

"We're going faster than OSHA can catch us."

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Korwen posted:

heheh and Metal Slug if you want a 12-minute uncontrolled firehose burst of devastating nervous energy

e: honestly, this has been a pretty rock-solid event so far

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Oh my god the Snake Eater karaoke with Stan and Guybrush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

xoFcitcrA posted:

heheh and Metal Slug if you want a 12-minute uncontrolled firehose burst of devastating nervous energy

But doctor,