Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

B-Rock452 posted:

Oliver and Company will hopefully result in more amazing Tom6 impressions so I support that one
There are strength in numbers if you want to call it in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Just found it after posting that. Easter was the word I needed to search.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Timeless Appeal posted:

There are strength in numbers if you want to call it in!

I would but every year I call in equilibrium and am continuing to do so this year.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

B-Rock452 posted:

I would but every year I call in equilibrium and am continuing to do so this year.

Doing the Lord's work.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Been trying to get Vibrations in since the first LRM and I aint stopping yet.

Loves are a lot harder because while I could listen to them go film school on a movie all day I know they probably want potential for funny hahas and something that fits both criteria is tricky.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Going back to a real banger ep, “Angel has Fallem”. Great bits with President Nerd and a tsunami of my favourite impression of theirs: Nick Nolte. Stephen’s Nick Nolte is bringing me to tears of laughter every time.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1613352072472301568?s=20&t=_iIYYovoTLYDEylTTU87jw

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1613361163105931264?s=20&t=_iIYYovoTLYDEylTTU87jw

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

clown shoes posted:

Just found it after posting that. Easter was the word I needed to search.

That was how I found it too. :v:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Eric waving his hand and saying "you will forget the VHS Trailer Game" worked better than he ever hoped for

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

I was starting to think they weren't doing it anymore because there have been so many episodes this season that would have been applicable: True Lies, Krankmas, Home Alone 2 (would have been fun to have Chelsea play!), Rocky V, Point Break, Dracula, Leprechaun 2, Exorcist 3, Halloween 2, Disturbing Behavior.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Anyone remember which episode has the origin of "mom get in here!"?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Ive had the Gary Jules version of danger zone running through my head ever since the top gun episode and its hilarious every time I think about it.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

ravenkult posted:

Anyone remember which episode has the origin of "mom get in here!"?

My memory says it's Daredevil, and earlier in the thread seems to confirm this.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I think it was Batman Forever?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Good dang ep this week.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

This year, like last year, I'm requesting '100 Girls' for H, 'Ravenous' for L, and the Voyager episode with the Rock for Nexus.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Oh wow, I haven't thought about 100 Girls in years. Wikipedia says it was direct-to-video but I remember some cable channel having it and playing it constantly one summer, I've seen it at least twice for some reason.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Ror posted:

Oh wow, I haven't thought about 100 Girls in years. Wikipedia says it was direct-to-video but I remember some cable channel having it and playing it constantly one summer, I've seen it at least twice for some reason.

Yeah I watched it a few times when I was like 17-19. I got curious a couple years ago to see how it held up and...hoo boy.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Ravenous is an extremely good pick. I think Excalibur would make a great episode too.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
I’m changing gears this year and eschewing my annual “Dead Man on Campus” for another campus comedy - PCU. This movie rules but all the potential Jeremy Piven hate, Arrested Development references, and RWM fodder can make for an amazing episode. Also finally trying Primal Fear on the Patreon side because goddamn this is a great movie and they can FINALLY pay off all the “help her” references.

AD I’m waffling between requesting Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends season 1 episode 6 “Seven Little Superheroes” and season 2 episode 1 “The Origin of the Iceman” because between horrible animation mistakes and clunky dialogue hear are ripe for the picking.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New weekly show on YouTube :eyepop:

quote:

And, just because you've opened this exciting email update let us announce a BRAND NEW WHM FREE offering!

Say what? Don't you losers ever sleep? The answer, it seems, is no. Starting Monday January 16th we're gonna start putting our Youtube Channel (youtube.com/wehatemovies) into overdrive by doing a weekly show! Mondays at Noon EST, we'll be expanding We Hate Movies: On Screen, which will be a show where we talk about last week's Box Office numbers, exciting new trailers, some reviews of new films, and more! We want this to be a smashing success so you've gotta like and subscribe! We're so excited to kick this year in the dick with fantastic content and this is gonna be a game changer! Subscribe now and don't miss an episode!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

thrawn527 posted:

I'm honestly shocked they didn't choose Black Adam for the low hanging fruit. I haven't seen it, but another chance to rip on DC? That's their bread and butter.

Welp.

quote:

BIG DADDY DISPATCH: JANUARY UPDATE

So, I don't know if you know this, because we sure as poo poo didn't, it seems there are FIVE Tuesdays in January?! Is this the first you are hearing of this shocking information? Because it was pretty surprising to us, that means... We have another Main Feed Worst of 2022 Episode coming out on ....

Black Adam!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Rageaholic posted:

New weekly show on YouTube :eyepop:

I ain't gonna watch this for the same reason I don't watch RLM videos: watching nerds talk about movies on a screen for an hour is boring af.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
This is the year my Enterprise requests finally get through, I can feel it. Gonna make them watch that episode where a whole planet is pissed off at Scott Bakula’s dog.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Arson Daily posted:

I ain't gonna watch this for the same reason I don't watch RLM videos: watching nerds talk about movies on a screen for an hour is boring af.

:wrong:

Joking aside (on the gang specifically, idgaf about RLM), I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but this is a show perfectly tailored for me. I love when the guys get to talk more about current stuff and those are my favorite parts of the random Green Room episodes they've done where it's just casually shooting the poo poo about what's out now that isn't necessarily episode worthy. Plus (if it's on time) it's when I eat lunch so it fits right in to my schedule. Definitely pumped for this.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The recent Nexus is quite an experience. The boys are 2 for 2 in selecting memorable slash fiction. I lost it at Eric doing the voices during the erotic scenes. "Please, Spock"

Come over here and give me that dick you green blooded Vulcan

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Pops Mgee posted:

This is the year my Enterprise requests finally get through, I can feel it. Gonna make them watch that episode where a whole planet is pissed off at Scott Bakula’s dog.

I'm partial to the one where our crew do a genocide while pondering if maybe there should be some sort of foremost directive or something guiding them. Oh well, guess that's just evolution :lol:.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Gyges posted:

I'm partial to the one where our crew do a genocide while pondering if maybe there should be some sort of foremost directive or something guiding them. Oh well, guess that's just evolution :lol:.

I think, if they do Enterprise, the funniest option is the final episode. The biggest "gently caress you" I've ever seen to fans of a show, and somehow features Riker and Troi? (I wasn't a fan, so I just found it hilarious.)

The less they know about the show itself, the funnier it would be.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
For MelR0210 listeners, Demonwarp is sort of boring, but it covers way more ground than most cheap horror movies. Also much more nudity than most George Kennedy vehicles. And you get to see Bigfoot defuse a bomb.

Edit: The kills are all a lot of fun.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

mweber posted:

For MelR0210 listeners, Demonwarp is sort of boring, but it covers way more ground than most cheap horror movies. Also much more nudity than most George Kennedy vehicles. And you get to see Bigfoot defuse a bomb.

Edit: The kills are all a lot of fun.

This spoiler about Bigfoot really worried me before hovering over it after that comment about more nudity.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

This spoiler about Bigfoot really worried me before hovering over it after that comment about more nudity.

The movie gets pretty sleazy, but not that sleazy.

For people of a certain age: the little brother from Just One of the Guys gets throttled, and it’s really satisfying.

I’ve changed my mind. Everyone should watch this movie on youtube. In English or in whatever language the dub that shows up first in the results is in. Won’t make any difference.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1614678047738966016?t=kjEmIOpo9YbQEGQfJ7DYcg&s=19

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's almost On-Screen time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrsw3ebDOmE

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Did they say if they'd be releasing these on the podcast feed too, or are they too visual?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

graventy posted:

Did they say if they'd be releasing these on the podcast feed too, or are they too visual?
They said they'll be released on the free feed later.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Got my WLM request in for Phantom of the Paradise

Wasn't sure if I should file under Love or Hate since it bombed hard and most people have never heard of it but I think the guys would like it and so would their audience.

I personally love it so I went with the Patreon request.

Now to rehearse my phone call and try again for the 4th time with Under the Cherry Moon

EDIT

Anyone got in with a request?

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 18, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1615726298768474114
https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1615725584566587392

Lmao

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I don't know if the bit about Tom Holland pitching himself to be young 007 is true, but it made me laugh a bunch so kudos to Mr. Holland for trying

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Tato posted:

I don't know if the bit about Tom Holland pitching himself to be young 007 is true, but it made me laugh a bunch so kudos to Mr. Holland for trying

That got a real, "Oh gently caress you, Tom Holland," from me. If it's true, I'm glad MGM told him to pound sand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe he could play James Bond Jr. I hated that loving twerp and kept rooting for the snobby rich kid literally named "Trevor Noseworthy IV" to get that smug prick and his friends expelled.