Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

in addition to the above, bomberman 64 the second attack

Oh, no! Bomberman has passed away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Korwen posted:

Work has been lame this week so I haven’t gotten to watch much, are there any must-watch runs so far to start with on VODs?

I'll second the recs given so far, and add the Stardew Valley race, Bomberman 64, and the Sonic Colors race.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
I've only been able to catch a few runs but I liked the Symphony of the Night run a lot. Superliminal was pretty good from what I saw too. Airboat has definitely been the highlight so far though

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

yo this dono reader's got PIPES, drat

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This race is incredible

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
The Fury: The Great Equalizer

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

we’re only half way through the race but mgs3 may be my favorite run of the event so far

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
This race is wild but the sheer length of this boss fight/bike chase, in a speedrun, is reminding me why I never replay these games despite enjoying them in the moment

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

secretly best girl posted:

This race is wild but the sheer length of this boss fight/bike chase, in a speedrun, is reminding me why I never replay these games despite enjoying them in the moment

award for worst bossfight in a speedrun surely goes to donkey kong 64, whose boss fight takes up half the run and has zero real speed tech because it's all scripted

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol vermillion was moving in time with the music for a bit there

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
https://twitter.com/musicaldaredevl/status/1613763214659002368?t=P1Pl3oGjmIHxlPOj_-k28w&s=19

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
That MGS3 race was SO EXCITING!! I don’t know how I’m gonna get to sleep after a run like that, my adrenaline is still pumping. Favorite of the whole event by far.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

HAM ON THE BONE posted:

That MGS3 race was SO EXCITING!! I don’t know how I’m gonna get to sleep after a run like that, my adrenaline is still pumping. Favorite of the whole event by far.

the powerwash simulator run coming up should also be great so watch that and try to wind down

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
No soap, radio%

The menu/online system for power wash sim could use some improvement

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

man if they make this playable in the new psvr I'm absolutely gonna buy it

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
For people like me that fell asleep on the couch, FFVII is on YouTube:sickos:

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Oh my god it's like snooker with Worms. It also helps that this guy is aggressively British in a mesmerizing way.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Oh gosh I've seen this run. The tricks get insane at points.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

this worms run is everything I was hoping for

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This Worms run is some actual wizardry

Someone asked for recs, my shortlist so far in the event includes such runs as

- Bomberman 64
- Blade II
- Burnout Paradise (all these have great commentary)
- Fashion Police squad
- Awful block was solid, but especially Salamander County Public Television
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I missed it, was there a specific steam name that made him bail and go to pause?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Kestral posted:

I missed it, was there a specific steam name that made him bail and go to pause?

I don't think so, but the *potential* of a gamer word coming up probably forced the tech team to take action.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

kind of surprised they don’t have a pre-live check list that includes getting runners on steam to disable notifications.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Autisanal Cheese posted:

I don't think so, but the *potential* of a gamer word coming up probably forced the tech team to take action.

This is wisdom. Godspeed, worm man.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Kestral posted:

This is wisdom. Godspeed, worm man.

I love his describing getting hit by the Holy Hand Grenade as "taking damage from the Lord".

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The worms run was extremely good. The runner and commentator nailed it.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Is Jackal the game where everyone dies in a helicopter crash after the credits?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
This is some real manic energy for this early in the morning.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I think that is the first time I have seen the ending of Mickey Mousecapade.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I got there on the Romhack where it's Nancy and sluggo but only specifically because I learned the boss strat from the run.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Autisanal Cheese posted:

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwE41iXqYVI

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jan 13, 2023

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
The game I'm looking forward to most in the remainder is Blinx the Timesweeper. Janky-rear end game that belongs in the Awful Block, I can only imagine it has some wild things going on.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

marble blast ultra is a nice mix of super chill but also speed

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Katamari doesn’t seem like a great game for these events tbh. It just seems like there’s no way to know what tech is being used because it’s all changing so fast.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This is a game where you get a PS5. So a fantasy genre

e: Reset because Gamepad got stuck in the wall, don't you hate when that happens

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 13, 2023

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy
OOF forced reset halfway through! Funny how everyone in the chat immediately recognized the Unity asset house from an adult game

e: I WISH YOU SUCCESS IN YOUR NEW CHALLENGE

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

PS5 simulator is the run of AGDQ 2023

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

TeaJay posted:

This is a game where you get a PS5. So a fantasy genre

e: Reset because Gamepad got stuck in the wall, don't you hate when that happens

This was a very educational game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

Katamari doesn’t seem like a great game for these events tbh. It just seems like there’s no way to know what tech is being used because it’s all changing so fast.

I think that these runs are more about knowledge and taking the best path through the level. Like the Crane level of We <3 Katamari, that can take you a lot unless you know what the best paths are, and when to hit some cycles. Here, the runner was hitting up the same paths the same time, so there was time to notice that some items are better to pick than others.