Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I take the Nebulon B frigate because there’s no way to get a good movie accurate model of one. Even the Mon Cal cruisers eventually got really good movie accurate models from the Armada tabletop game. But despite being so iconic the only Nebulon models out there are either inaccurate goofy toys or teeny tiny low detail game pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Well, there are big, detailed toys...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
IIRC it was pretty obvious Boba Fett got hosed around by the c-suite descending. Like the whole barely-a-joke is that you get good Star Wars when Disney is barely aware that it's being made, and you get bad Star Wars when Disney is paying attention.

And I also still wonder if after long enough Disney might full on Dragon Ball GT the sequels and come out with their real sequel trilogy or whatever. Bonus lols if they do exactly the same dumb poo poo anyway.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

“Design by committee” is the axiom and its proven more and more true every time one of these monstrous franchise golems is reanimated by studio chicanery.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And I also still wonder if after long enough Disney might full on Dragon Ball GT the sequels and come out with their real sequel trilogy or whatever. Bonus lols if they do exactly the same dumb poo poo anyway.
Rebels introduced Time Travel and a Timeline Split so that's exactly what we're going to get

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Rey is going to head back to Mos Eisley to get a drink, seeing that the bar is currently manned by none other than Commander William T. Riker. He'll then say, "Arch" and exit the Holodeck having finished another session of "playing a bartender in a rough and tumble space opera cantina."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
That's right.

Disney is gonna buy Star Trek next.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

2house2fly posted:

Mr Lucas, sir, I'll take the biggest star destroyer you got

No, that's too big.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

F.D. Signifier posted:

Boba was basically an adult convert to space mormonism who hated drugs, hated the rebellion, and hated premarital sex, if anything BoBF is much more laid back than the old RotJ era Boba.

Everything Boba Fett related that was released after ESB has only made the character less cool.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Been watching the big ILM doc and drat, that must have been a cool loving place to be at during the start. Just a bunch of geeks making cool stuff and partying. I loved when George comes back after a year of shooting and they were like, oh poo poo -- we only filmed the escape hatch and some Death Star turret. :lol:

I just finished the part where they are almost done RoTJ and it seems to be getting more and more corporate now. I could see why a lot were burnt out.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Everything Boba Fett related that was released after ESB has only made the character less cool.

RotJ was at least funny because he's a joke. Then it gets worse.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Gargamel Gibson posted:

There’s a Dark Horse comic series drawn by the same guy who did Dark Empire that I like called Death Lies and Treachery. It’s peak 90’s blood and gore edge but in a fun way. It’s just Boba being a completely amoral jackass killing pirates for money. Since it was written before the whole “Mandalorian Warrior Code” and such had been invented. What’s really cool about it is it doesn’t just do the “no Jedi around or even mentioned” thing a lot of people ask for, it outright doesn’t have any Empire or Rebellion stuff at all. Not a single Stormtrooper, Xwing, Star Destroyer, Moff, or Freedom Fighter exists even in mention. Boba and 3 Hutts are the only part of the Star Wars IP there.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Imagine if Boba Fett just hadn't even been in ROTJ because why would a bounty hunter keep hanging around one guy forever? DJ and Boba united as guys who just did their thing, got paid and peaced out of the Star War

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Shiroc posted:

Imagine if Boba Fett just hadn't even been in ROTJ because why would a bounty hunter keep hanging around one guy forever? DJ and Boba united as guys who just did their thing, got paid and peaced out of the Star War

Jabba seems to keep him on retainer, plus he was crushing on one of the dancers?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

galagazombie posted:

There’s a Dark Horse comic series drawn by the same guy who did Dark Empire that I like called Death Lies and Treachery. It’s peak 90’s blood and gore edge but in a fun way. It’s just Boba being a completely amoral jackass killing pirates for money. Since it was written before the whole “Mandalorian Warrior Code” and such had been invented. What’s really cool about it is it doesn’t just do the “no Jedi around or even mentioned” thing a lot of people ask for, it outright doesn’t have any Empire or Rebellion stuff at all. Not a single Stormtrooper, Xwing, Star Destroyer, Moff, or Freedom Fighter exists even in mention. Boba and 3 Hutts are the only part of the Star Wars IP there.

Cam Kennedy also drew a story about an alien dude who was the last survivor of his species paying Boba Fett 10 space bucks to kill space Eichmann and space Mengele. I liked that one.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Gargamel Gibson posted:

to be faaaair, people had an overly high opinion of how cool he was, given he does very little in ESB. He just seemed like he might be cool and we all filled in the backstory in our heads, so of course the actual content that came later didn't live up to it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Honestly everything they did with Boba in Mando was pretty perfect. He had his edge but you can tell his priorities changed. That’s fine.

But that was not the character in book of boba and I have no earthly idea why.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Star Wars characters should just be cool-looking spacemen you never learn anything substantial about

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

keep the helmet on, Boba

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

When he takes off the helmet there should just be a smaller helmet underneath

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

YaketySass posted:

Star Wars characters should just be cool-looking spacemen you never learn anything substantial about

Hello, I am Bob Afett and I have no defining qualities!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Star Wars Tiger Milk no Boba

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CelticPredator posted:

Honestly everything they did with Boba in Mando was pretty perfect. He had his edge but you can tell his priorities changed. That’s fine.

the c-suite descended onto it and wanted to Make It Better

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Martman posted:

When he takes off the helmet there should just be a smaller helmet underneath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yAp2F3nNdk&t=35s

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Cam Kennedy also drew a story about an alien dude who was the last survivor of his species paying Boba Fett 10 space bucks to kill space Eichmann and space Mengele. I liked that one.

I’m worried about the idea of space Jews.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

CelticPredator posted:

If they hadn't hosed with Boba too much after that, you'd still have people screaming for more, but you're absolutely right. They absolutely nailed it with him on Mando s2.

I still don't understand why a version of the character exists that's like, "I wanna be crime boss... but crime is illegal here now." Reminds me of the Patton Oswalt bit about "oh you like Boba Fett? Well here he is as a little kid." In other words, here is a version that literally nobody ever wanted or asked for.

F.D. Signifier posted:

Rebels introduced Time Travel and a Timeline Split so that's exactly what we're going to get

Time travel, yeah, the world between worlds. But what "time split"? I don't remember that.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Doronin posted:

Time travel, yeah, the world between worlds. But what "time split"? I don't remember that.
When you time travel and change something that creates a split timeline....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WfIranZeUg

So when Ezra traveled back in time to save Ashoka he created a new timeline where she survived.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
She always survived. There's a scene with her walking away in the original episode.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
The problem with Bob is that any typical characterisation to make him an an effective protagonist, i.e. badass amoral bounty hunter who becomes 'good' thorough exposure to a companion / and / or a 'warrior code' to follow, was already done with Mando.

Hell, they're basically the same character - they even have the same helmet.

To avoid re-treading Mandalorian they had to give him some new motivations and those just didn't ring true. He cares for the people of Tat'ween? Ok, why? Perhaps we can understand his relationships with the Tuskens, but they end up dead and that's stopped altogether. Why does he want to take over Jabba's Palace and become a crime lord anyway? He seems against drug smuggling, which is a weird position for someone who straight up murdered the last guy in charge to take over.

It just feels like they had that great image in mind of him taking over the throne, but didn't really know where it could go from there.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Also everything with the mods was absolutely rank and looked like something out of a high school play. Huge "who gives as poo poo?" energy from whoever was in charge of that.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If anyone should be given their own trilogy at this point it's robert rodriguez. For indeed who is a better embodiment of the disney wars ethos than he

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Doctor Spaceman posted:

She always survived. There's a scene with her walking away in the original episode.

"Somehow, Ashoka survived."

Isometric Bacon posted:

The problem with Bob is that any typical characterisation to make him an an effective protagonist, i.e. badass amoral bounty hunter who becomes 'good' thorough exposure to a companion / and / or a 'warrior code' to follow, was already done with Mando.

To avoid re-treading Mandalorian they had to give him some new motivations and those just didn't ring true. He cares for the people of Tat'ween? Ok, why? Perhaps we can understand his relationships with the Tuskens, but they end up dead and that's stopped altogether. Why does he want to take over Jabba's Palace and become a crime lord anyway? He seems against drug smuggling, which is a weird position for someone who straight up murdered the last guy in charge to take over.

It just feels like they had that great image in mind of him taking over the throne, but didn't really know where it could go from there.

I wish they had just let him be mostly a villain. Basically, just do Maul again except Boba and without cyborg spider legs. You get a (derivative) better story and a merchandising money printing machine with at least 70% less bitching from fans online. It's like poetry...

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The last thing we see is her trapping herself in the sith pyramid with vader, and the world between worlds episode picks up exactly where that leaves off, and shows Ezra yanking her out right before she is struck down by Vader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejt84-uJXa4

Isometric Bacon posted:

It almost feels like his original motivation was to amass power and gain allies in order to get revenge on the Pikes for killing his sandpeople family but at some point they changed it?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Boba Fett motivation was super clear to me: all being the best bounty hunter got him was getting owned by a blind man, but it is the only life he knew. His story in booka boba is trying to square the only life he's ever known (doing jobs for criminals) with the life that he learned from the tuskens (community but still doing poo poo), and it results in him being a weird "I am claiming to be a criminal leader, but really I'm just the leader and protector of this town/planet."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Try blowing yourself up - that's a good trick!!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

F.D. Signifier posted:

The last thing we see is her trapping herself in the sith pyramid with vader, and the world between worlds episode picks up exactly where that leaves off, and shows Ezra yanking her out right before she is struck down by Vader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejt84-uJXa4
Twilight of the Apprentice ends with Vader limping away while being watched by Morai, which transitions into a shot of Ahsoka walking down stairs (and then there's a shot of the Ghost crew).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXiwr25OU_w&t=161s

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Twilight of the Apprentice ends with Vader limping away while being watched by Morai, which transitions into a shot of Ahsoka walking down stairs (and then there's a shot of the Ghost crew).

This finale still gives me goosebumps. God drat, that music.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Doctor Spaceman posted:

lol that is so tiny I never noticed it

and I'm not sure how much viewers were expected to notice it either, but the whole point of the world between worlds segment is indeed that Ezra is changing things, it's not how things happened before, and yanking Ashoka out into the wbw is indeed a big change

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Isometric Bacon posted:

The problem with Bob is that...

Typo of the week right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

mllaneza posted:

Typo of the week right here.