Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I watched most of season 1 on Pluto or another similar streaming site, and it felt so weird compared to the current podcast. All the guest interviews felt too short to really get into the characters even though it had classics like Cake Boss.

On the other hand, all the sketches with Scott and Reggie were amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Yeah I got into the show like 7-8 years ago and really loved it but it took me awhile to understand the podcast, mostly because I missed Reggie. They have a great dynamic that was definitely missing with Kudi and even Al.

Of course now I love the podcast and listen to quite a lot of podcasts from forget CBB writers so watching the show now is like seeing all my friends perform. Parasocial relationships are a hell of a thing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I started with the podcast and yeah, I had a hard time getting into the TV show to be honest. It's at its best when it's not trying to be the TV version of the podcast, because all the stuff that makes the podcast work (long format that gives characters room to find their deal, improvisation, theater of the mind) just isn't possible on the TV medium, but the sketches are funny. I fell off somewhere in the middle but this seems like a good time to get back in

e: actually it occurs to me that I have no idea if any of the show was improvised, but it really needs more than a 5 minute interview to work

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 7, 2023

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
A true classic

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I started with the podcast and yeah, I had a hard time getting into the TV show to be honest. It's at its best when it's not trying to be the TV version of the podcast, because all the stuff that makes the podcast work (long format that gives characters room to find their deal, improvisation, theater of the mind) just isn't possible on the TV medium, but the sketches are funny. I fell off somewhere in the middle but this seems like a good time to get back in

e: actually it occurs to me that I have no idea if any of the show was improvised, but it really needs more than a 5 minute interview to work

I started listening to the podcast because I knew that Tim and Eric's production company had a TV adaptation in the works, and I figured I should get in on it before watching the show. I'm in the same boat, enjoy the sketches but pretty quickly realized that the TV versions of the podcast bits didn't work. I always got the impression that those character interview segments were still improvised, but because Scott usually knew what their gimmick was from the podcast, it lacked the magic of poking and prodding the performer to find their game and arrive at the big payoff. (But some bits, like "Your name is Zazzu.", still worked on him the second time.)

Speaking of, I went to watch this Arthur Steinborn episode and nothing past S3 shows as available for me, anybody else encountering this?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
They're definitely labeled weird because it goes up to season 11.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I started with the show a few years ago and really have only gotten into the podcast in the last maybe 5 years.

JethroMcB posted:

Speaking of, I went to watch this Arthur Steinborn episode and nothing past S3 shows as available for me, anybody else encountering this?

mine don't register iirc 4 through 9, but 10 and 11 show.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think it was on a podcast episode, maybe around the 10th anniversary, where I remember Scott saying that only one of their guests brought an idea with them for their interview bit. I assume this was one of their more mainstream celebrity guests and not including any of the more improv familiar comedians.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ok, I've listened to the most recent Batmin episodes and I'm in, they're really funny. I think I just didn't understand what Taran Killam was doing there as a guest playing himself but now that it's settled into a theme with characters (i never made it to the clayface part of the first episode) it's extremely good.

The Alfred cues (or at least everyone's reaction to them) are very fun

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's not bad, but it was a very bold choice for them to go with two low-energy characters for the first episode of it. Really sticks out how odd it is to have a host as subdued as The Batmin.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m glad Allison Williams was super happy to be there and it’s a good name for CBB to have, but man there was nothing to that opening interview at all.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I enjoyed it, honestly. Her enthusiasm for being there, Scott's enthusiasm for M3gan... it was just a nice time.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I love when a famous guest is clearly a fan. Definitely did not expect that from her. She did great with the improv bits.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Woody Allen, rest in...reputation" is a killer line

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The Jay Leno Joker is a bit with legs imo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

MokBa posted:

I love when a famous guest is clearly a fan. Definitely did not expect that from her. She did great with the improv bits.

Oh fun, I didn’t get that far yet so that’ll redeem it. I did love her happiness for sure it just felt like Scott usually has a fun way of doing these opening interviews with celebrities when he knows them well and can be more playfully antagonistic.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

good news

https://twitter.com/tim_baltz/status/1612874907750400000?s=20&t=vGOzj59P-bAABkCCVa73iw

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Bad news: CBB on YouTube is like missing a huge chunk of episodes but it seems be some kind of glitch? A real bummer

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s 30 minutes til an ep drop, that would be great. Best show on CBBP.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
RIP Kyle from Pennsylvania. Long live Cheeks "Keith" from Pennsylvania.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s 30 minutes til an ep drop, that would be great. Best show on CBBP.

let's fuckin gooooooo

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

The blend of prepared material and improv has always been the best CBB stuff.
I'll never forget where I was for that first Victor and Tiny podcast, I had to get up from my desk and step outside I was laughing so uncontrollably.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Paul, Scott and Lauren being unable to find the scream from the Who song for their game is just perfect.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Allison Williams is a great guest and was very quick!

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Also I just caught up on the Pretty Woman episode of Scott Hasn’t Seen. A+ ending to the episode Scott remains undefeated.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I am glad Scott watched Pink Flamingos so I could hear about it without me ever watching it. And of course Jake Fogelnest watched it as a child it explains so much.

Also I genuinely don't know if Hey Randy is actually amazing or if I'm being tricked ala laugh tracks because everyone on it is constantly cracking each other up. Dan Lippert's laugh is extremely infectious.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah PF (not PFT) definitely belongs in that ‘tough watch’ category even outside of the final scene, looking forward to listening to that one.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

MokBa posted:

Also I genuinely don't know if Hey Randy is actually amazing or if I'm being tricked ala laugh tracks because everyone on it is constantly cracking each other up. Dan Lippert's laugh is extremely infectious.

I think it’s both, but yeah I’m a sucker for any show where the hosts are having so much fun that they’re making each other laugh (but critically, it has to be because they’re actually funny, not because they’re assholes), it adds a lot to the experience. It also adds to the “high school burnout best friends who never left their home town” verisimilitude of the show

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah PF (not PFT) definitely belongs in that ‘tough watch’ category even outside of the final scene, looking forward to listening to that one.

I put it on at a college party once and everyone in the first 5 minutes knew they needed far more to drink

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I don't know if I've ever actually heard of this movie (in my head I'm maybe mixing it up with Pretty in Pink?) and you know what, I think the wikipedia synopsis is enough for me

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

dan has other characters right

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1614632461618610177?s=20&t=k_nQjcKVO13HrBOisqWKig

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Emergency episode recording this afternoon

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
unhinged rant? more like a man's grave.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

New Entree PeeE Neur's Tour, and Jacob Wysocki is quickly becoming a favorite.

"What up Narc's?"
"What, hold on, why are you calling us narc's"
"You send people to jail don't you? That's prime narc behavior."

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
This was the first episode of Entrée PeeE Neur's show I've listened to and I loved it. I immediately went back to the first episode and it is cracking my poo poo all the way up. Ego and Carl are really incredible together.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

This was the first episode of Entrée PeeE Neur's show I've listened to and I loved it. I immediately went back to the first episode and it is cracking my poo poo all the way up. Ego and Carl are really incredible together.

It's really really good, and I forgot that the whole "you are going to jail (periodt)" came out of an improvised moment where a siren drove by during the first episode

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

For anyone who was interested after the most recent episode, I can strongly recommend Paul T. Goldman. The first five episodes have been great and I can't wait to see how it ends.

Also I got to see Chippy Dipps live! She was from the Providence show last year, the same one where Ryan Gaul stole the audience member's pair of pants.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Chairman Capone posted:

Also I got to see Chippy Dipps live! She was from the Providence show last year, the same one where Ryan Gaul stole the audience member's pair of pants.

That was a fair trade

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I signed up for CBB world for the promise of CBB Presents but now I find I look forward to Scott Hasn't Seen more. I genuinely appreciate the insights into the film industry and I like hearing Scott as himself instead of being the host of CBB. Today's ep with Owen Burke has been really interesting because of the deep dive into what he does. I rarely actually watch the movie they talk about, the last time I did I got burnt (Interview with the Vampire sucked).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I'm really behind on SHS because I make sure to watch the movies first. Forever grateful to Scott and Shaun for getting me to watch Terms of Endearment.