Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Wait is his super power really “has a gun”? Does it not even come with a group of whiny gremlins to redirect shots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The mightiest spell of all!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Patware posted:

Holy poo poo he can use magic without an incantation!

Yes but look he needs to recharge his Mana after 8 uses!!

*Parking space reads my other wand is a Glock*

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Patware posted:

Well, yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w72gfLeJ7wg

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

galagazombie posted:

Wait is his super power really “has a gun”? Does it not even come with a group of whiny gremlins to redirect shots?

We need to see what his opinion on the number 4 is.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/sasakoi_anime/status/1613824044628955141

anime adaptation of whispering you a love song announced

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this really is the year of yuri what on earth

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everything's coming up Milhouse

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

The Colonel posted:

https://twitter.com/sasakoi_anime/status/1613824044628955141

anime adaptation of whispering you a love song announced

Good.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I just hope all the Yuri shows get the same quality production that Magical Revolution is getting

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm happy for the magical lesbians and their magic revolution, but I also want to see more broom-mounted laser swords.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/Sukimega/status/1613853369336008704

The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses is one of my favorite manga and now it's gettin that anime treatment :toot:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Buddy Daddy ep 2 was much improved from ep 1. I think Miri annoying the two guys adds a lot to the show. The action scenes are still kinda blah though. There's no real sense of threat - I know the heroes are meant to be super assassins, but mostly it just feels like their opponents can't aim for poo poo.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

buddy daddies is basically exactly what i imagined spy family would be like but wasn't

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Patware posted:

i might look at isekai nonbiri nouka just to see how well it captures the INCREDIBLE stultifying dullness of the manga

as threatened i watched this this morning, followed by campfire cooking

both are equally energetic but god nonbiri nouka just feels like it doesnt even have a heart. its like ben stein is plainly explaining his isekai adventures to you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Northern War continues to be the cheapest looking show I've seen recently, big early 2000's digipaint vibes.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
This second half of Danmachi is probably the strongest the show has been. I'm really impressed by how willing the creators are to just gently caress Bell up if they feel the need.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Vinland Saga S2 OP is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=honOJloqesA

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i continue to dislike all the vinland saga OP/ED songs. the kaleidoscope visuals are cool though

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Is there any good SoL this season?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

SexyBlindfold posted:

there aren't any SoL at all, except for onimai which is uhh extremely skeevy

the judo girls one might scratch the itch though? thats the closest thing ive found but i assume its gonna be more of a sports show

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

Mou Ippon and OniMai

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Patware posted:

its like ben stein is plainly explaining his isekai adventures to you

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

there aren't any SoL at all, except for onimai which is uhh extremely skeevy

the judo girls one might scratch the itch though? thats the closest thing ive found but i assume its gonna be more of a sports show

d4dj is kinda a slice of life but this season really assumes you've played the game since it barely introduces the new characters. s1 was a good 'girls starting a club' show though. very funny, some decent music, one of the girls t-poses in the ed.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

Mou Ippon and OniMai

onimai is anime non grata

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

OniMai is unequivocally excellently animated but is also pretty :yikes: with what it's animating.

On the other hand, Endo and Kobayashi is looking pretty cheaply made from what I can see. I'm really not at all impressed with it.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
revenger and buddy daddies were enjoyable enough to keep going another week. watch revenger if you want to see tales of suffering broken people seeking vengeance intercut with dudes flexing so hard their shirt rips off when they draw their bow. watch buddy daddies if you want to see stuff like this:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

d4dj is kinda a slice of life but this season really assumes you've played the game since it barely introduces the new characters. s1 was a good 'girls starting a club' show though. very funny, some decent music, one of the girls t-poses in the ed.

I'm hoping with all the characters we get Unichord and Kokoa and Hayate date

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Big Leg posted:

revenger and buddy daddies were enjoyable enough to keep going another week. watch revenger if you want to see tales of suffering broken people seeking vengeance intercut with dudes flexing so hard their shirt rips off when they draw their bow. watch buddy daddies if you want to see stuff like this:

Buddy Daddies is starting to rival Star Wars on how bad a human being's aim can get. Still a fun show at least.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
It's a shame taht Endo & Kobayashi has such a low budget, I really like the manga and was excited for the anime. I'm still gonna watch it, it's just less of a magical romance if everything is animated so stiffly, you know?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think I like Revenger. It's just a solid, good-looking example of a familiar old genre, and if you want to see quirky assassins delivering justice to various flavours of feudal shitbag with fancy James Bond gadgets, it's got you covered.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

lih posted:

it is funny that the actual political revolution isekai yuri airing this year isn't the one called "magical revolution"

Is this the from Hero King to Magical Squire one?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Hikari no Ou is good

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is this the from Hero King to Magical Squire one?

no

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The Magical Revolution 2
Well, it seems it goes hard going into yuri (lesbian relationships). Which I don't have an issue with (vs hetero relationships) but I hoped for a more plot driven story about the world and it may be more focused on the main characters romance. This is only speculation, we will see. In fact at least I liked that they don't beat the bush around and they make clear the main character is Lesbian with a capital L, no skirting around with 'maybe she likes girls, maybe she doesn't, maybe they are *very good* friends' that other animes do.

Revenger 2: Even worse than the first episode, it has parts that feel like parody of anime more than anything (like the christian assassins shtick with priests and nuns and saying empty psalms), I also disliked how the main character joins the party in minutes, when it would have been more realistic for him to need more time. And well, zero depth in the revenge story of the week. Dropped.

Buddy Daddies 2: As suspected, this is mere vehicle to cute overload kid. Dropped.

Lieselotte 2: Ehh, I drop it too. It's just too bland in the visuals and in the direction, and I'd need for the story to go to crazy places to be interesting enough.

Ars 2: Very average anime. The action scene could have been better done, the cat girl is annoying as hell, it feels tropey in some moments like with the bad guy.

Nier 2: That was interesting. We follow a anonymous robot for a while, learning that at least some of them are... evolving? and gaining human-like consciousness. Of course this is only tells part of it, the important thing is the execution, and I felt it was done in an interesting way. At the end of the episode, our protagonist find people from the resistance... it seems the leader knows 2B but 2B doesn't? Memory wipe at some point, maybe?

Fire Hunter 1: Finally something good. It's like someone would have traveled 20 years into the past and took an anime from Madhouse of that era. It seems you need an old timer like Mamoru Oshii (script, series composition) to get something interesting in these times. It's another post apoc scifi (funny that this is the case for the three more interesting series of the season) where people burn for just being in presence of flame? Really, the premise of the story seems to be more fantasy than science fiction, but in any case what hold my attention in this episode was the distinctive art and well done atmosphere, lonely and unsettling.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Which one then? :)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Turin Turambar posted:

The Magical Revolution 2
Well, it seems it goes hard going into yuri (lesbian relationships). Which I don't have an issue with (vs hetero relationships) but I hoped for a more plot driven story about the world and it may be more focused on the main characters romance. This is only speculation, we will see. In fact at least I liked that they don't beat the bush around and they make clear the main character is Lesbian with a capital L, no skirting around with 'maybe she likes girls, maybe she doesn't, maybe they are *very good* friends' that other animes do.

this is like. barely something that happens in anime anymore. there's five different lesbian romance anime scheduled to air this year

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Also to be fair it does kinda seem like Magical Rev. does kinda have the background geopolitics as Important? I imagine we'll see more of it soon as its front and center stage regarding the Prince/Brother; and also more when we see Anis's magitek start to take off more because I refuse to believe that the very shady nobles talking about it in the first episode isn't some kind of foreshadowing about what the stakes are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Anis entire explanation to her father about how Euphyllia should be her assistant was very much political maneuvering in terms of noble politics. It's very much a key part of the show and not something that has a slight focus