Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Just play Red Mage and never have any problems ever (unless everyone else starts dying)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Macaluso posted:

Just play Red Mage Dancer and never have any problems ever (unless everyone else starts dying)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Just push buttons, things will die. Anything more is needlessly sweaty.

(They say knowing full well that if they hadn't fumbled their rotation as much Odin might not have timed out at 0.1%)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Transient People posted:

Yeah but that's straight up wrong lmfao. If you stop pressing atonement at 8 seconds you're leaving a ton of damage on the table because you're overwriting all 3 atonements for no reason and also pushing damage out of burst (the actual correct answer is to not press atonement anymore at the 5 seconds mark so you can do a 12 and be primed for royal authority under fof). You're illustrating the exact point I was making, that it's irritating and unintuitive for the skill to break combo and force excessive timer tracking.

I think it's important to note that I said to finish whatever GCD you're about to do at ~8s (whether its an Atonement or not) because then you'll be doing 1-2 for 5s which lands you with an RA going into FoF. So like, exactly what you were saying. There's nothing particularly hard or excessive about glancing at your FoF cooldown.

In short, skill issue.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Macaluso posted:

Just play Red Mage and never have any problems ever (unless everyone else starts dying)
red mage has the least problems when everyone else starts dying, no other class can poo poo out four raises in eight gcds

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It's cool when the thread has an encounter with a certified Bad Tank, and then gets too full of itself and decides anyone complaining about anything must be wrong and as long as yall act extremely smug then you must be pro gamers

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

red mage has the least problems when everyone else starts dying, no other class can poo poo out four raises in eight gcds

Yeah but then sometimes people keep dying after that and it's like I only have so much MP!!!

I did the new raid the night it came out which everyone was dying so it's fine but we had one healer in our group who just never stopped dying. I would Rez them and they'd instantly die to something else. I had a lot of mana problems that night. I think they got hit with literally every single mechanic

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 13, 2023

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Making my way through Eden for the first time a few days ago. I've never Veraised so much before in my life

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dareon posted:

Just push buttons, things will die. Anything more is needlessly sweaty.

(They say knowing full well that if they hadn't fumbled their rotation as much Odin might not have timed out at 0.1%)

That's my biggest fear

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Draga posted:

Making my way through Eden for the first time a few days ago. I've never Veraised so much before in my life

eden happily murders people who aren't aware/observant

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Personally I think most jobs in ffxiv could use MORE jank, not less. FF rotations are too sterile, force people to make awkward decisions about overcapping a resource Vs wasting procs Vs drifting CDs etc.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is the e8 roll still going for millions?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Yeah but then sometimes people keep dying after that and it's like I only have so much MP!!!

I did the new raid the night it came out which everyone was dying so it's fine but we had one healer in our group who just never stopped dying. I would Rez them and they'd instantly die to something else. I had a lot of mana problems that night. I think they got hit with literally every single mechanic

The FC blind alliance raid run I did made me very glad I happened to have some ethers on my hotbars

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Grade 1 treasure map? I can solo this.

Grade 2 treasure map? Oh God, run!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Lol all my portraits reset to the default drivers license look and idk why. Welp!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

You changed gear/glam. It's insanely broken atm.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Looks like there is a new(?) bug/exploit going on with laser-type effects (BRD Apex Arrow, SGE Pneuma, probably all the DRG skills that hit everything in a line and the WHM laser in PVP)
https://twitter.com/tirorutyoko380/status/1613361304596803587
https://twitter.com/Punimu_tor/status/1613407754601009155

If you switch targets while it's shooting, you hit both the original and the new target

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

that's just curving the beam. advanced technique.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Detheros posted:

You changed gear/glam. It's insanely broken atm.

But it's also the actual portraits in the menu, lost all of my previous portraits and tbh at this point I don't even want to remake them :negative:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Xun posted:

But it's also the actual portraits in the menu, lost all of my previous portraits and tbh at this point I don't even want to remake them :negative:

If you check your adventure plate, is it still right? There's a menu option if you right click in the portrait menu (someone remind me which one it is) that like copies over the portrait from your adventure plate. Insane UI bullshit from Square once again

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Tamba posted:

Looks like there is a new(?) bug/exploit going on with laser-type effects (BRD Apex Arrow, SGE Pneuma, probably all the DRG skills that hit everything in a line and the WHM laser in PVP)
https://twitter.com/tirorutyoko380/status/1613361304596803587
https://twitter.com/Punimu_tor/status/1613407754601009155

If you switch targets while it's shooting, you hit both the original and the new target

Huh. Did an unsynced Thousand Maws for my WT book yesterday and at one point hit more targets, in a wider arc, than I was expecting with my Ogi Namikiri. I was spinning my character/switching targets at the time. Guess I wasn't mistaken after all.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

super sweet best pal posted:

Yep, sorry you didn't win one.

Ah, it's all right. I knew it was a random draw so I figured if I get it, I get it, and if not, oh well. Your post just reminded me. Congrats on your new parasol!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I was frustrated by the new extreme trial at first, but by the time I got the TT card on my 16th clear I actually kind of love it. It's so chaotic; even having halfway mastered it I still occasionally completely lose track of what's going on with the rotating tracks, and I dunno, the vibe and wild music just make it feel a lot more hectic and consistently fun than other extremes have in a while. Still definitely done farming it for the moment, but I'm just liking the direction they've gone.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I wish I could have beaten it. :smith:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My reaper's been on a very confusing holiday abroad.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I've been maining RDM for so long that when I tried to gear up DRG as an alt I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around having strict rotations again

it made me revert to my DRK as an alt, which I had been avoiding due to tanxiety. Did I immediately cleave the entire party with Thunder 2 on the new unreal? Yes, yes I did.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 13, 2023

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I think the consensus of the math nerds is that dropping Atonements/adding hardcasted Holy Spirits is virtually identical to using all of your Atonements every time. As long as you are hitting FoF on time and hitting the appropriate buttons within FoF(Goring, Confiteor combo, OGCDs), it doesn't matter that you end up using ~suboptimal~ filler GCDs in your burst window.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

WrightOfWay posted:

I think the consensus of the math nerds is that dropping Atonements/adding hardcasted Holy Spirits is virtually identical to using all of your Atonements every time. As long as you are hitting FoF on time and hitting the appropriate buttons within FoF(Goring, Confiteor combo, OGCDs), it doesn't matter that you end up using ~suboptimal~ filler GCDs in your burst window.

If you use all your atonements every time you're going to start getting basic combo attacks in your burst phase, which should matter, or you're not getting 2 Holy Spirits any more.

Unless the extra potency of an Atonement every cycle makes up for the additional weak attacks using FoF I guess.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 13, 2023

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Martman posted:

and as long as yall act extremely smug then you must be pro gamers

I have gold parses on both center and north Bone Dragon :smug:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Genovera posted:

It's possible to put an item in the dresser, save it to a plate, and then remove it from the dresser to use. It'll stay on that plate, so it's helpful if you have multiple glamours that you want to use for one job.

I did that recently with a healer chestpiece. It's funny when you look at the item and it's glamoured by... itself.

Thanks for the tip about the counterintuitive feature. This will save me a good ten or fifteen spots in my glamour dresser taking out shop gear / poetics gear / job gear that I'm using in glams but can easily get with two clicks at an NPC vendor. Ten or fifteen more precious spots to store crap from dungeons and raids!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

If you use all your atonements every time you're going to start getting basic combo attacks in your burst phase, which should matter, or you're not getting 2 Holy Spirits any more.

Unless the extra potency of an Atonement every cycle makes up for the additional weak attacks using FoF I guess.

I don't really understand the math fully, but it is such that the looping rotations that drop Atonements are not recommended to be learned on the Balance, so I guess it must be pretty close in damage.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Tank, about to pull sixteen more enemies: you good?

Me, a new and terrible SCH, with all of my healing abilities on two minute cooldowns, with no way of getting more stacks of Aetherflow and about six MP remaining: sure let's do this

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It's a learning experience for all involved

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Xun posted:

You're not using multiple devices, are you? I switch between desktop, laptop, and steam deck, and I noticed that the portrait data seems to be stored locally. I set the portraits up on my desktop, and on my steam deck they are default. You can upload character settings and download it on another device to get them synchronized. I did that on my laptop for other reasons without realizing it affected portraits too. I haven't downloaded the settings on steam deck recently since my UI settings there are so different to account for the tiny screen.

If you're only using one device, did anything else happen that would have cleared out your local data? If you uploaded your character settings any time after creating the portraits you could get them back that way.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

the way steam deck is set up I don't want to upload character settings again cause I'll lose all the little adjustments I made to it, but portraits...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You know what this game could use? The World Ends With You crossover event. Give me some giant headphones.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

super sweet best pal posted:

You know what this game could use? The World Ends With You crossover event. Give me some giant headphones.

Anything to let people know that Neo TWEWY exists is a net positive

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd only just learned that wasn't a remake of the original.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Let's get a Super Mario rpg crossover event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

Let's get a Super Mario rpg crossover event

Mario fights Culex in the Thirteenth and nothing will convince me otherwise.