Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Who in here recommended The Menu? That was a weird rear end movie.

Not as bad as The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover. That movie sucked so badly, they made us watch it in college and I ripped it to shreds in my review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

It's a very funny show that has the worst fans imaginable despite mashing you over the head with the message that acting like you're smarter then everyone else will just leave you self sabotaging and miserable.

Extremely accurate. Big laughs to the show. Big gaffs from the fans!!!

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Silly Burrito posted:

Who in here recommended The Menu? That was a weird rear end movie.

Not as bad as The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover. That movie sucked so badly, they made us watch it in college and I ripped it to shreds in my review.

I was one of them :)

What didn't you like about it?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

C-Euro posted:

I guess you could be forgiven for not remembering the McDonald's Szechuan sauce craze from a few years back, there's been a lot of news to absorb over the last several years.

There was another tie-in where you could get the sauce if you ordered through the McDonald's app last winter. I remember it was last winter, because it was snowing when I went to get some Egg McMuffin's and overheard someone complaining that the trucks delivering the sauce was delayed, and could he come back and get the sauce later? It would be really unfair if he couldn't.

Yes, I'm in a gentrifying neighborhood, what made you ask?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

It's a very funny show that has the worst fans imaginable despite mashing you over the head with the message that acting like you're smarter then everyone else will just leave you self sabotaging and miserable.

Showing rick be sad for 15 seconds an episode and then going right back to being the wacky genius who owns everyone didnt have the effect it was supposed to?????

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ozymandius1024 posted:

I was one of them :)

What didn't you like about it?

It's not that I didn't like it, it was just odd and weird. The first 20-30 minutes I had no idea what the hell was going on. Then it all started to fall into place.

Once it was over Braks couldn't wait to talk to me about stuff she found out about it on IMDB.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm not ready for a movie theater experience so I'm waiting for The Menu to pop up on streaming. Same with Triangle of Sadness. There's also an Are You There God It's Me, Margaret movie coming out and I'm absolutely going to see it ASAP once it's on streaming.

I need Naatu Naatu from RRR to get an Oscar nom just to see how they stage it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm not ready for a movie theater experience so I'm waiting for The Menu to pop up on streaming. Same with Triangle of Sadness. There's also an Are You There God It's Me, Margaret movie coming out and I'm absolutely going to see it ASAP once it's on streaming.

I need Naatu Naatu from RRR to get an Oscar nom just to see how they stage it.

It's on HBO

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Perfect! Our cable package has HBO since our upstairs roomie/landlord watches it a lot so I can get baked and watch it tomorrow.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is The Banshees of Inisherin any good? Seeing it win big at the Golden Globes makes me a bit interested in it. Or did they just do a remake of In Bruges, given the cast / director.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Menu was amazing but it's definitely weird and wtf for the first part since you're just thrown into the scenario.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Is The Banshees of Inisherin any good? ... Or did they just do a remake of In Bruges

what the gently caress are you trying to say

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Hollywood Theater here in Portland is showing RRR on January 16 and I need to go see it.

They're also showing the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the 18th so this month will be busy. :v:

I did see Avatar: The Way of Water last Tuesday & while the story is basic & has some :psyduck: moments (really? You're bringing back Quaritch as some clone Avatar?), there are some action scenes that had me going "Oh yeah, that Cameron guy can direct."

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
In Bruges got sold in ads and trailers as a normalish zany comedy and then I saw it and got....that, so pardon me if I'm leery of repeating the experience

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Is The Banshees of Inisherin any good? Seeing it win big at the Golden Globes makes me a bit interested in it. Or did they just do a remake of In Bruges, given the cast / director.

Yes it's very good.

Its quite different from In Bruges in time, place and characters but it does have the feeling of people dealing with a difficult situation without an easy resolution in a boring place thing.

Still an amazing movie. Made me chuckle, made me very sad but left me thoroughly satisfied.

like ur mum

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dango Bango posted:

The Menu was amazing but it's definitely weird and wtf for the first part since you're just thrown into the scenario.

I wasn't completely won over until the guy hiding in the chicken coop was given a dish as a reward for being the last to be caught, at that point I was all in

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Vertical Lime posted:

around here, ted lerner (washington nationals owner) hit the jackpot in the 60's when he decided to build a mall at the intersection of the capital beltway and two major state roads

now the area around it is one of the 15 biggest business districts in america, and has the headquarters of such companies as hilton and capital one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tysons,_Virginia

That left turn off International is such a pain in the rear end.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

MrLogan posted:

That left turn off International is such a pain in the rear end.

But then you get to take the weird ramp to Chain Bridge and see the Toilet Seat Building, aka HQ for the Office of Foreign Asset Control

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m excited for The Last of Us on HBO this Sunday I think. It’s been getting great reviews which I usually take with a grain of salt, but Pedro Pascal and the dude responsible for Chernobyl on HBO, so :shrug:

Also we have Brookfield Square, Southridge Mall, and Mayfair Mall all within ~12 miles of each other and all three are always super busy so idk what that’s about. Our Sears turned into a movie theater and some weird bumper car-polo arena thing?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Today on my drive to work I saw a Tesla with the license plate FALCON9, and I hope to never interact with the owner irl

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Today on my drive to work I saw a Tesla with the license plate FALCON9, and I hope to never interact with the owner irl

Well they weren’t headed to a playoff game.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Well they weren’t headed to a playoff game.
jfc I'd like to report a murder

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/shirlpuzz/status/1613189115649953800?s=46&t=vWAjwWu8VgmkYLFUJii3mQ

Why did this idiot write a memoir lmao

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man. See what happens when youre never told no?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Clearly none of you watched The Dollop live last night online. They played that clip for Gareth's very English mother.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

what the gently caress are you trying to say

I liked In Bruges, I'm just wondering if it's an actual different film. Kind of like how Shaun of the Dead and World's End are the same film (Hot Fuzz was good enough to feel different from them).

Also, I'm seeing clips of that new Velma cartoon, and holy poo poo lol Mindy Kaling should never be allowed to pitch a TV show again.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Chernobyl seems good but my appetite for depressing TV has rapidly dwindled. Last of Us seems borderline there.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s that bad eh? Same Vulture writer who absolutely trashed it completely trashed Harley Quinn so I was under the assumption she was just an idiot

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s that bad eh? Same Vulture writer who absolutely trashed it completely trashed Harley Quinn so I was under the assumption she was just an idiot

I'm not exactly sure who this joke is appealing to!

https://twitter.com/Stupacabra/status/1613556384817184768?t=5Hu1DL6QH8Zq-gNfAh7pmQ&s=19

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Based on that Twitter thread being the lesser of two evils and pathetically cringe - looks like I’ll be skipping the show

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Amy Pole Her posted:

Based on that Twitter thread being the lesser of two evils and pathetically cringe - looks like I’ll be skipping the show

The jokes I have seen make it seem like the show is either experimenting with AI joke writers, or they are the laziest ones they could find.

Also, Fair Sunday!! Lets go look at cows and eat fried everything!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I got my sewer line scoped today due to having several backups over a 3 month period. Apparently when this home was connected to a modern sewer system they just ... stuck the cast iron house pipe inside the terra cotta sewer pipe. No seal, no joining method. Just pipe in pipe with dirt to close the 4" to 8" diameter transition.

Over the years, the tree directly above this transition has lovingly sent crazy amounts of roots into this gap. And since its at a transition point it can't be cleared out by the typical sewer snake roto-blade thing. Guess I'm looking at a $5-digit dig up.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wife and kids are gone till Sunday, longest stretch I’ve had alone in like 7 years, have no idea what to do with myself. Legoed a bit and catching up on some old shows so far, maybe take the dog on a long walk before next storm rolls in

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

a sexual elk posted:

Wife and kids are gone till Sunday, longest stretch I’ve had alone in like 7 years, have no idea what to do with myself.

I took a road trip w a buddy last fall for the first weekend away from my wife and child in 6+ years, and probably my first weekend away from my wife in 7 or 8 years at least—it was very bizarre.

While I had a nice time, they did some really fun things together and I found myself wishing I’d just stayed home.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Yeah it’s just weirdly quiet in the house. I keep catching myself trying to be quiet cause I usually get an hour of alone time weekdays when my daughters at school, wife’s upstairs working and the 2 year old is napping and don’t want to wake him up

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

The jokes I have seen make it seem like the show is either experimenting with AI joke writers, or they are the laziest ones they could find.

Also, Fair Sunday!! Lets go look at cows and eat fried everything!

Depending on time I’m down

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/DallasZoo/status/1613934047452925953

(a clouded leopard is out of its enclosure, I just find this wording very funny).

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

a sexual elk posted:

Wife and kids are gone till Sunday, longest stretch I’ve had alone in like 7 years, have no idea what to do with myself. Legoed a bit and catching up on some old shows so far, maybe take the dog on a long walk before next storm rolls in

I get anxious leaving my wife and daughter alone together. Daughter has issues that require some extra attention and we don't live near any of our family. It's not any life threatening but dealing with her behavior sometimes can be tough either two parents.

Going to be heading down to CT to watch the Super Bowl with my father that weekend and I can't really relax that much because I'll either have to leave right after the game or at like 5:00 AM to get back home on time to bring her to school.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

Yeah it’s just weirdly quiet in the house. I keep catching myself trying to be quiet cause I usually get an hour of alone time weekdays when my daughters at school, wife’s upstairs working and the 2 year old is napping and don’t want to wake him up

I have all these projects I always do in the garage or whatever to avoid making a mess in shared space. When my wife is off on an artist residency or whatever, I get to unpack a project all over the dining room table (eat on a tv tray in front of the tube when alone, natch). It's also a time to do home improvement projects that are intrusive, like shutting off the power all day to do some wiring work or shutting off the water all day to finally fix the drip in the shower.

It's also cool to bring the PC out to the living room and hook it up to the 4k TV for some Big Gaming, play loud heavy metal music, basically all the stuff that my wife would certainly let me do but which I know would annoy her a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I signed up to start doing kickboxing and mma again 3 times a week. 35 in march, haven't trained in 5 years but I feel like a 5 year old I'm so excited to get back on the mats and start training again.