Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

herculon posted:

had to be said

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

had to be said

GetSmart... an idiot?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It's driving me nuts that to pick a weapon from the menu you hit the jump button instead of the attack button

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Clawmydia posted:

It took me all night, but I finished Legend of Oasis.

: Beat the game

This is the first Saturn game I've emulated, and the first I've played through to the end. It has some extremely rough edges, but I feel this game is a gem. Maybe not a diamond or emerald, but like... a pearl at least. I think it would be a hit if it got the remaster treatment, with smoother controls, some small QoL updates, and the same art style, but with something to ease the obfuscation caused by the perspective.

Clawmydia posted:

I think it didn't hook the first time because I used timg. Oops.

it's much more likely that I just missed it lol. well done

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

P-Mack posted:

It's driving me nuts that to pick a weapon from the menu you hit the jump button instead of the attack button

Scroll to the weapon you want and hit the menu button again. I kept having the same problem with accidentally cancelling it out

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Saturn to Xbox controller mapping is killing me. Why is C the jump button in everything. Yes I'll hold.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

welcome posted:

Saturn to Xbox controller mapping is killing me. Why is C the jump button in everything. Yes I'll hold.

I bought the 8bitdo Saturn style controller just for emulating Genesis/Saturn lol.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I bought the 8bitdo Saturn style controller just for emulating Genesis/Saturn lol.

same but a Hori Fighting Commander

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

welcome posted:

i bound C to my right bumper and it feels like sacrilege

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

symbolic posted:

i bound C to my right bumper and it feels like sacrilege

That's where Retroarch puts it by default and it sucks, but it also puts R on LT and c'mon.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Alaois posted:

same but a Hori Fighting Commander

Looks like Saturn 8bitdo is not available for Xbox but this is, I'll check it out :cheerdoge:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
A B C -> X A B
X Y Z -> Y L2 R2

Simple as.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i love the hosed up sounds the skeletons make in this game

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

In DDS are any of the combo moves good, I've been mostly sticking to regular moves since blowing two turns on one go seems kinda risky.

You can use stuff like debilitate or mediarama as combos before learning them as skills, and the strongest almighty attack is a 3 person combo that costs 99mp each

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

: Awaken the first 3 Elemental Spirits (Water, Fire, Earth)

I'm enjoying this game. Pretty solid pick

copy
Jul 26, 2007

got a message from my boss and immediately heard the dds fight music in my head lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

copy posted:

got a message from my boss and immediately heard the dds fight music in my head lol

Lmao. It's been getting stuck in my head constantly the last few days

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmao. It's been getting stuck in my head constantly the last few days

the soundtrack is just Too Good

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

copy posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

copy posted:

lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

In DDS are any of the combo moves good, I've been mostly sticking to regular moves since blowing two turns on one go seems kinda risky.

comboing can also be good because it can let you do things out of order, like use your 3rd party member's elemental attack on the first person's turn when they otherwise wouldn't have good options. And yeah I leaned on combo dekunda and dekaja for a lot of the game

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Alaois posted:

i love the hosed up sounds the skeletons make in this game

the sounds are so fun. I've been laughing at the tarzan yell Leon makes when he falls like every time and the repeated chunky punching sound Efreet makes when he's just wailing on enemies with his fists makes me laugh too

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Just got the 4th spirit in Legend of Oasis, gonna wander around solving puzzles now that I know how useful the upgraded spirits are. This game is awesome, great pick!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm only a little into it and I like the graphics and puzzle solving. The emphasis on verticality is cool except for the perspective situation. Can't help feeling it could have been an isometric game like landstalker or something if they wanted to do that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The art is sick but the perspective and area design, specifically the verticality of it is tough to grasp still.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i feel like some drop shadows would make the perspective issue significantly less jarring

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The game is charming but I'm really struggling with the 3d effects and controls.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rodbeard posted:

The game is charming but I'm really struggling with the 3d effects and controls.

i feel like i can do the forward-back-forward attacks much more easily when facing left or right than when facing up or down

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i usually use the 360 or dash for the short sword and skull crusher for the longsword since they all put a bunch of hits in on large enemies

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

My go to right now is the forward back forward with the rod.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Not like that though!

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

American McGay posted:

A B C -> X A B
X Y Z -> Y L2 R2

Simple as.

:hai:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

My go to right now is the forward back forward with the rod.

:grin:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just got shade, i should have taken the warning about the later dungeons serious. these are nuts lol

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

: Awaken the first 3 Elemental Spirits (Water, Fire, Earth)

I'm really enjoying the exploration even if the controls suck. I like finding something that seems like a it's going to be a cool secret but ends up being the way forward.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
this game has great artwork and sadly terrible controls, terrible perspective, confusing maps and the game could have benefited from a camera that is further zoomed out to get some sense of where you are. The music sounds like it was recorded in a different room and outside of some goofy sounds like the skeleton its dreadful. I'm in the second dungeon and unsure if I'll even finish this.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Summoning your little elemental buddies to solve environmental puzzles is super cool if it wasn't for them deciding to turn into a whirlwind or heal you for no reason and blow through all your mp before you even get to the puzzle you need them to solve.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Plebian Parasite posted:

Summoning your little elemental buddies to solve environmental puzzles is super cool if it wasn't for them deciding to turn into a whirlwind or heal you for no reason and blow through all your mp before you even get to the puzzle you need them to solve.

this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The whole game feels a little offkey but it's got cool ideas and I'm happy to get to try it