Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Payton is gonna go full retread and get fired after 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

As we know from earlier in the thread, you never go full retread

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dusty Old Mahomes, full of green dust.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cryptic tweets.
https://twitter.com/jalenramsey/status/1613831200115654657

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Black Lighter posted:

Stable enough to make him the highest-paid coach in history, probably

So at least 50 cartons of eggs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Colts out on Carr:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1613912354307145728?s=20

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think they've probably had enough of the QB Carousel.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Unless you have a QB you are always on the QB carousel.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

You're either on the carousel or you're flipping coins to see if you can draft one worth a drat. At least the latter you give multiple years of hope to your fanbase.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No one is trading for him. I don't think that means they're out on him when he's inevitably cut.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Diva Cupcake posted:

You're either on the carousel or you're flipping coins to see if you can draft one worth a drat. At least the latter you give multiple years of hope to your fanbase.

The biggest problem is from a PR move the Colts just can’t go down the journeyman route. I don’t think the fans can take it

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think they've probably had enough of the QB Carousel.

Yeah they have pick #4 and a strong rationale to trade up with Chicago if they want to. I feel like they need a lot more help on the team than QB, but who knows

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Why would they, they're basically guaranteed to get Young or Stroud, right?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah they have pick #4 and a strong rationale to trade up with Chicago if they want to. I feel like they need a lot more help on the team than QB, but who knows

The Colts D is actually pretty solid at least until the end.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

:heysexy:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

MJeff posted:

Not if someone else trades up with Chicago, since I doubt Houston sees Mills as any kind of QB solution

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MJeff posted:

THEY ARE IF THEY TRADE ALL OF THEIR PICKS TO THE BEARS!!!!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He's not elite anymore.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Pain of Mind posted:

Unless you have a QB you are always on the QB carousel.

I mean the free agent QB Carousel.

They're going to try to draft and develop a player.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

The biggest problem is from a PR move the Colts just can’t go down the journeyman route. I don’t think the fans can take it

Yeah Colts fans really don't want another veteran QB and I think most are all in on Stroud.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

He's not elite anymore.
Never was.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's the exact opposite problem with the Jets. We've have multiple highly drafted busts in a row and now that the roster is in good enough shape to compete (outside QB) I think the fans would be pissed if we rolled with another rookie.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

It's the exactly opposite problem with the Jets. We've have multiple highly drafted busts in a row and now that the roster is in good enough shape to compete (outside QB) I think the fans would be pissed if we rolled with another rookie.

Usually fanbases are patient with rookie QBs but Jet fans A)Don' trust this FO to get a QB right after they blew the Wilson pick and B)Are sick and tired of not making the playoffs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Diva Cupcake posted:

It's the exact opposite problem with the Jets. We've have multiple highly drafted busts in a row and now that the roster is in good enough shape to compete (outside QB) I think the fans would be pissed if we rolled with another rookie.

Grass is always greener

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i'm not sure i want to give up a pick for a coach at this point

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yes you do. Sean Payton is a proven commodity, unlike ol' what's-his-name, who you definitely don't want.

shirts and skins posted:

Not if someone else trades up with Chicago, since I doubt Houston sees Mills as any kind of QB solution

Who's likeliest to give up a haul to jump to 1 outside of the Colts? I guess Carolina and Tennessee, maybe Washington.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

If you want Payton, you have to pay. Not giving him up for free.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I imagine you're only really giving up a 3/4 round pick.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

What about that Jim Harblah guy I heard he was okay

Amy Pole Her posted:

That would be extremely acceptable

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

MJeff posted:

Yes you do. Sean Payton is a proven commodity, unlike ol' what's-his-name, who you definitely don't want.

Who's likeliest to give up a haul to jump to 1 outside of the Colts? I guess Carolina and Tennessee, maybe Washington.

Are the Commanders already out on Taylor Heinicke?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MJeff posted:

Texans, Seahawks, Lions, Falcons all also make sense in the top 10, depending on how the prospects look.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Are the Commanders already out on Taylor Heinicke?

Definitely, yeah.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

All of the reporting that has come out is that the Saints are seeking at least a first rounder and they are only allowing interviews with teams who agree to that price.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Allbright seems convinced he'll go for more than a 1st and he generally knows the Broncos org.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1613703531864952832

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I stand corrected. That's... steep for a team without a 1st

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

CharlestheHammer posted:

:ughh:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Arizona brought in Flores for an interview. Wonder if its real.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

The Broncos? They have a 1st.

It's steep but I guess if you really want Sean Payton as your coach your only option to ante up to a team that desperately needs draft capital.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

Allbright seems convinced he'll go for more than a 1st and he generally knows the Broncos org.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1613703531864952832

People here keep seriously undervaluing payton and it makes no sense. The saints have leverage and no assets but payton - a dude who turned an eternally cursed franchise into a powerhouse for 15 years.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

People here keep seriously undervaluing payton and it makes no sense. The saints have leverage and no assets but payton - a dude who turned an eternally cursed franchise into a powerhouse for 15 years.

Have you considered...Broncos Country, Let's Ride?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Amy Pole Her posted:

They have a first. From your team lol.