Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Carthag Tuek posted:

huh i assumed they were nuggets

Same here. I thought tenders where just larger nuggets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Tenders are a specific cut of chicken meat.

Nuggets are a slurry of miscellaneous chicken parts pressed into shape and battered.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

nuggers, please

My dear sibling, no

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

hawowanlawow posted:

nuggers, please

the kids on Reddit who play the stock market call their winnings tendies

wow I don't care for this.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PH4E2zx8gg

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FreudianSlippers posted:

Tenders are a specific cut of chicken meat.

Nuggets are a slurry of miscellaneous chicken parts pressed into shape and battered.

it just seems more like a manchild thing to eat deepfried meat byproducts than actual cuts of meat imo

anyway i just realized i may have eaten a ~tendie~ today in a burger?. it was alright. fine. okay. i would hate to eat it more than maybe a couple times a month.

e: also there used to be a ice cream called nogger here, named thus because it contains nougat

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
That’s okay, for 20 years a restaurant around here had homos on their menu. (Hummus, before anyone knew what it was)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Carthag Tuek posted:

e: also there used to be a ice cream called nogger here, named thus because it contains nougat

Here in Australia they didn't pussyfoot around with changing letters, they just straight up sold n-word candy :nws:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

Still very much available in Germany!

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
In Sweden, Nogger is still around. It's licorice-flavoured sibling, Nogger Black, which was stylized in a graffiti-like font, did not last long though.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Where I am they keep insisting that these aren't racist

(the name literally means "little Congolese" and basically translates as "golliw**")

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

when i say "used to" i mean like "up until like 2015"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Captain Splendid posted:

Where I am they keep insisting that these aren't racist

(the name literally means "little Congolese" and basically translates as "golliw**")

lmao jesus christ

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ah, more things you can still buy in Australia.

:eng99:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I just figured out that, in Factorio, electric mines draw a flat 90kW at all times! Not just when they're running.

Usually in that game things only consume resources when running, so it's easiest to just design things so that you have an excess supply of resources. On that pattern, I've got far more mines than I need. I don't even have enough smelters to process all the ore. Together they're draining 5.4MW, by far the biggest power consumption in my factory!

It turns out I've been adding more power generation, and burning more coal, for absolutely no reason. Doh.

Now I need to go and work out the circuit logic to enable/disable power to banks of mines depending on ore levels. At least that's another fun puzzle to solve!

e: no, wait, I'm wrong. Can't be. I've just put in a power switch between a bank of idle mines, flipped the switch on and off at a one second interval, and there's absolutely no change in the power consumption stats. Okay! I guess I do actually just need more power.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 02:58 on Jan 14, 2023

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
A E I O U lists the vowels alphabetically.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

old macdonald had a farm a e i o u

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

John Madden

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hyperlynx posted:

I just figured out that, in Factorio, electric mines draw a flat 90kW at all times! Not just when they're running.

Usually in that game things only consume resources when running, so it's easiest to just design things so that you have an excess supply of resources. On that pattern, I've got far more mines than I need. I don't even have enough smelters to process all the ore. Together they're draining 5.4MW, by far the biggest power consumption in my factory!

It turns out I've been adding more power generation, and burning more coal, for absolutely no reason. Doh.

Now I need to go and work out the circuit logic to enable/disable power to banks of mines depending on ore levels. At least that's another fun puzzle to solve!

e: no, wait, I'm wrong. Can't be. I've just put in a power switch between a bank of idle mines, flipped the switch on and off at a one second interval, and there's absolutely no change in the power consumption stats. Okay! I guess I do actually just need more power.

Miners don’t have idle power consumption, but at lot of things do.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

EmptyVessel posted:

A E I O U lists the vowels alphabetically.

Wait til you hear about the lyrics to the alphabet song. Might want to sit down

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Carthag Tuek posted:

it just seems more like a manchild thing to eat deepfried meat byproducts than actual cuts of meat imo

anyway i just realized i may have eaten a ~tendie~ today in a burger?. it was alright. fine. okay. i would hate to eat it more than maybe a couple times a month.

Tendy = chicken tender = literally just a piece of chicken breast meat. That's all. That's it. There is NOTHING objectionable about the chicken tender itself, and being like ooooh gross about it is laughably reactionary

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

InediblePenguin posted:

Tendy = chicken tender = literally just a piece of chicken breast meat. That's all. That's it. There is NOTHING objectionable about the chicken tender itself, and being like ooooh gross about it is laughably reactionary

Forget it goons are weird about food

How dare you eat boneless fried chicken

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

InediblePenguin posted:

???

I said it was fine but I'd get bored real fast

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Carthag Tuek posted:

???

I said it was fine but I'd get bored real fast

You said it's a manchild thing to eat fried chicken

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

maybe i phrased that badly, "more of a manchild thing" as in "more like the stereotype"

anyway all food is actually pretty good and ill eat anything just not the same thing every day

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

A chicken tender is a cut of meat, the preparation is not implied in the word, it doesn't have to be fried......... idk i just think it's weird to be like "i could never eat the same cut of meat thrice in one month"???

Like yeah the preparation of chicken tender stereotypically associated with manchildren is breaded and fried but that's not what "chicken tender" actually means, the word ain't that specific. It's just a part of the chicken breast meat. You can, and both home chefs and restaurants actively do, offer chicken tenders prepared in many different ways

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I would say that tendies, though, are breaded and fried-or-baked.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

John Lee posted:

I would say that tendies, though, are breaded and fried-or-baked.

You know, you're right. I think baked is probably more common, and I don't consider tendies to be "Fried chicken" despite the fact that the breading is clearly meant to associate it with that dish. But you're right, the "tendy" is specifically breaded unlike the tender from which it comes.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
A chicken tender is itself simply a cut, however when used to refer to a finished product without additional information it would be assumed to mean a breaded tender, baked or fried. It's like how "steak" can be used to make many foods, but if you order a steak off a menu you already know how to expect it.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Len posted:

You said it's a manchild thing to eat fried chicken

I thought the "manchild" thing was calling them "tendies" :shrug:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

A chicken tender is itself simply a cut, however when used to refer to a finished product without additional information it would be assumed to mean a breaded tender, baked or fried. It's like how "steak" can be used to make many foods, but if you order a steak off a menu you already know how to expect it.

yeah ok i'll accept this

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Tendies belies your simple palette. Instead, ask like: Waiter, give me your finest chicken tenderloin.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
waitwait

Is tenders short for tenderloins?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

credburn posted:

waitwait

Oh my god we've wrapped around to being back on topic

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
I tried to eat a chicken tender once.

He protested, "No! I need to tend to these chickens!"

I appreciated his dedication and let him be.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Melaneus posted:

I tried to eat a chicken tender once.

He protested, "No! I need to tend to these chickens!"

I appreciated his dedication and let him be.

:mods:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

credburn posted:

waitwait

Merriam-Webster dictionary says yes

quote:

The etymological consensus is that tender in "chicken tender" is a shortening of tenderloin. That tender was first served up some time in the late 20th century.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The word "guerilla" doesn't have a double R.

Learned this while developing a search feature in a music database and not being able to find the band Guerilla Toss because nothing was autocorrecting for it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Both the singular-r and double-r are valid in English, but single-r is only used for the noun form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015