Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

domhal posted:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukla/1985/37/pdfs/ukla_19850037_en.pdf

I am not a lawyer, but gently caress that guy right into the sun.

This doesn’t say you can camp there, it says you can go there and run around if you want to. There’s
Hansard on this

The landowner is still a dick for contesting it but the words don’t mean “come in and pitch a tent for as long as you’d like.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You might be able to camp there if you were inside a horse *produces pages of hand drawn fanart until the judge puts a black cap on*

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

yet more evidence that laws are bad

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

happyhippy posted:

Confirmed -0.3% upto September.
Queen snuffs it.
World Cup fools populace that its coming home again.
+0.1% due to above.
WHY DO YOU LIE JERBUMY SARTMER!

A year from now we learn from a leak that Sunak tweaked the numbers to stop it being a recession

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Ah, you misunderstand. It’s a percentage so because our economy was already in the sumplit fucklands sunlit uplands that 0.1 is a VERY BIG NUMBER. Possibly the BIGLIEST NUMBER.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Just Another Lurker posted:

I'm getting flashbacks to watching "Give My Head Peace".

it's still on TV :/

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
they're still making it

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

crispix posted:

they're still making it

Really?
It should have been part of the GFA that this would never be seen again.
There was a show aired 20 years ago now called Pulling Moves, about a group of friends in West Belfast.
And that was infinitely times funnier than the entire Hole in the Wall Gang and Mrs Brown Boys catalogue.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Diet Crack posted:

This poo poo has always pissed me off about this country and is yet another reason to return to Australia at some point

If you want to live in a country where they let locals walk about without hassling them, I wouldn't recommend Australia.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jedit posted:

If you want to live in a country where they let locals walk about without hassling them, I wouldn't recommend Australia.

Yeah the wildlife will NOT leave you unscathed

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just take some locals with you and they'll barbecue and eat whatever it is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Just take some locals with you and they'll barbecue and eat whatever it is.

I like to parse that as "mystery fish being eaten by australians [who were] found to be unknown to science"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

crispix posted:

they're still making it

Can confirm. Caught one recently where they were mocking the film “Belfast” and it was the unfunniest shite ever

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
There's nothing funny about Belfast

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Glad i stopped watching tv years ago tbh. :shrug:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

There's nothing funny about Belfast
Not even those pee pods that came up out of the street at night?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

that 0.1% growth is going revealed to that everything got so expensive that peoples savings were drained, right before the slow collapse of everything

heck even turkey was seeing short term growth thanks to its rampant inflation, because people just have spend the money in their pocket before it’s worthless

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Oh man they were great, and inexplicable. One day they were there, and then suddenly we were all back to pissing against restaurant windows again

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

Failed Imagineer posted:

Oh man they were great, and inexplicable. One day they were there, and then suddenly we were all back to pissing against restaurant windows again

Wut what what?
Lived in Belfast for several years, what the gently caress were these?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jel Shaker posted:

that 0.1% growth is going revealed to that everything got so expensive that peoples savings were drained, right before the slow collapse of everything

heck even turkey was seeing short term growth thanks to its rampant inflation, because people just have spend the money in their pocket before it’s worthless

I have definitely been forward buying more recently. Prices are only going up. Plus all the scare stories of strikes, war related shortages and whatever other logistical logjams combined with recent experience of COVID last minute loving you over at Xmas means everyone hedged their bets and bought now.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Wut what what?

I only ever used them in Cork, guav may have the inside scoop on extracurricular Nordie pissing

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I don't like the pee pods, they're uncouth. They should just have pipes sticking out the ground and connecting to the sewers. Like a little periscope you stick your dick into. You could make them quite ornate so they blend in with the lampposts and bollards what have you.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Microplastics posted:

I don't like the pee pods, they're uncouth. They should just have pipes sticking out the ground and connecting to the sewers. Like a little periscope you stick your dick into. You could make them quite ornate so they blend in with the lampposts and bollards what have you.

Public bondage? I can support that.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Microplastics posted:

This is a bit sexist or whatever. And technically naive.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I do like it though. It could be like a whole front half copper trouser or skirt or whatever that you just insert yourself in whilst relieving like those beach front cutouts you stick your face through for a picture

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Catheter bollards

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You would end up with someone trying to gently caress the piss pipe or, er, trying to get their piss pipe hosed I guess.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

OwlFancier posted:

You would end up with someone trying to gently caress the piss pipe or, er, trying to get their piss pipe hosed I guess.

No need to be coy about who you are referring to here.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

smellmycheese posted:

Can confirm. Caught one recently where they were mocking the film “Belfast” and it was the unfunniest shite ever

that was exactly the bit i saw lol

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

happyhippy posted:

Wut what what?

A Moffat-era Doctor Who invasion plot that was foiled in the most unbroadcastable way

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
I've been trying to buy a ticket on West Coast mainline from Glasgow to Manchester on Sunday 26th of Feb but all trains keep claiming to be sold out. Is this strikes and possible engineering works meaning they've not gone on sale yet? I've got the ticket up to Glasgow booked but can't book my ticket back and wondering when I'll be able to.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Sad Panda posted:

I've been trying to buy a ticket on West Coast mainline from Glasgow to Manchester on Sunday 26th of Feb but all trains keep claiming to be sold out. Is this strikes and possible engineering works meaning they've not gone on sale yet? I've got the ticket up to Glasgow booked but can't book my ticket back and wondering when I'll be able to.

Isn't that Avanti?
My friend always has bother buying Avanti tickets, trains are listed, then cancelled, or whatever. Also, I think I read something about Avanti being effectively nationalized at some point - maybe that's it?

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Isn't that Avanti?
My friend always has bother buying Avanti tickets, trains are listed, then cancelled, or whatever. Also, I think I read something about Avanti being effectively nationalized at some point - maybe that's it?

Yeah it'd be Avanti. The strange thing is, that Sunday and the one before are both sold out. The Sunday after is available. Here's hoping it comes up at some point!

Mister Fantastic
Oct 25, 2007
Fallen Rib
Avanti release timetables and tickets for their Sunday trains really late so that date might not be available yet.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Avanti have absolutely hosed it, they literally don't have enough staff to run a functioning timetable after the staff decided they weren't going to work outrageous amounts of overtime anymore, so your only option is to buy a ticket whenever you can, hope that most of the trains actually run, then hope that something doesn't happen to make it even worse and more overcrowded. That's my experience of Avanti this past year.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
NORMAN

I TOLD YOU YOU HAVE FAT BALLS, NORMAN

FAT BALLS, NORMAN, FOR THE BIRDS

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The response...

Get hit by a loving semi trailer Braverman, you oval office of cunts.
https://twitter.com/FreefromTorture/status/1614172335921303554

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jan 14, 2023

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Diet Crack posted:

The response...

Get hit by a loving semi trailer Braverman, you oval office of cunts.
https://twitter.com/FreefromTorture/status/1614172335921303554

Her answer is basically "gently caress you, too bad" - like, not an ounce of contrition or even feigned empathy

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Barry Foster posted:

Her answer is basically "gently caress you, too bad" - like, not an ounce of contrition or even feigned empathy

I think that is what's biting them right now isn't it? Not to the degree it should be of course but they're experiencing more issues than they have been for the last 10 years at least. None of what they're doing is new, they're just not even bothering to gussy it up in fancy words or anything. They've had it easy with the press for so long that they've forgotten how to or don't care to try and bullshit it or the crop of current Tories are the absolute dregs so they don't even know you're "supposed" to do the things they're not doing.

What's incredible to me is just how hard Truss has been memory holed frankly, like she blew a massive hole in the economy 3 months ago and you basically never hear her mentioned or interviewed at all. She's still an MP so is she doing what an MP does in their constituency and holding little meetings with the folks that live there? That's gotta be loving surreal hasn't it?

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jan 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

She's very concerned about the plans to build a Mega-incinerator in my town, apparently.