Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

KingShiro posted:

We've come a long way.

ahh, that stuff reminds me of college.

weed where you had to work on finishing the harvest by removing the sticks and seeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

My Frankenstein wallmodded ac power Edge finally died entirely. Missing buttons, peeling exterior, it was a trooper. :black101::gbsmith: The Rogue I originally replaced it with still going strong. But I've been using the Dynavap quite a bit lately and have been tired of torching so...

This gave me an excuse to finally get an ispire wand! I've used one before so I already have some experience with it but having one again really :discourse: Dynavap heater.

I put the banger in and I would say mine smells a little hot with the banger but not unusually so or anything.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

JAMOOOL posted:

I'm a semi-regular smoker, usually 2-3x a week out of a Pax. My wife knows about this and doesn't mind (and sometimes will join) but I still try to keep it discreet sometimes. For one because my kids are at the age where they tell everyone everything and I don't need them asking me why the basement smells funny. For two my wife's parents come to visit for weeks at a time and I think they would not be down with that. My wife was able to detect it from upstairs when I was smoking in the utility room, which makes some sense because the vents go through there. So I switched to the guest room downstairs, smoked right through a charcoal sploof (from when she didn't know lol) and out the window. One would think this would eliminate all traces but she still asked me that night if I was smoking down there, even though she didn't go downstairs at all. How is that possible? idk if my in-laws wouldn't even know what it is but I don't want to have to worry about it.

You should smoke outside. A spoof isn't going to catch everything. Is outside not an option?

Weed sticks to everything. The smoke sticks to everything. Even vapor will leave traces of resin on whatever it touches. That's how drug dogs detect it. It's not the vacuum sealed bag buried in a suitcase they hit on, it's the traces left on clothes, hands, wherever you smoke, whatever it comes in contact with, there's a miniscule layer of it.

If you are going to smoke inside, take into account outside wind direction and interior airflow. Don't blow out a window that's currently taking wind head on. Use a box fan blowing out the window, open another window to create a draft out your smoking window.

But with kids and in-laws, I'd probably make an excuse to go outside once in a while.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LifeSunDeath posted:

yeah but they acted like cheech and chong off one 1.8 percent joint, like give me a break.

Apparently thc % is basically meaningless, I've known plenty of old heads and they all say weed isn't that much stronger now

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Well if there's one type of person's memory you can trust, it's def old burnouts

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
to people that vape - is the extra cost of live resin worth it versus distillate? I can get distillate 1g cart for like 25, while a live resin one is 45.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Well if there's one type of person's memory you can trust, it's def old burnouts

Fair enough but they're not the only ones who say that

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Makes the Stickybrick into a neat little dab unit but it feels like living dangerously couple extra rubber washers would help.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Sunk Dunk posted:

to people that vape - is the extra cost of live resin worth it versus distillate? I can get distillate 1g cart for like 25, while a live resin one is 45.

not really no

imo distillate seems to go a little faster, and gets a little bit harsher when you get down to the end of a cart. but its not that big of a difference

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah you could still grow weed that looks like the old stuff, just don't trim it much and give it less light. and appearances can be deceiving (as can thc %)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sunk Dunk posted:

I get live resin once in a blue moon when it's on sale and haven't ever noticed a big difference. The only thing for sure is the ones I've bought had a much lower clog rate which i think is more from using not bottom of the barrel hardware (citation needed)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

precision posted:

Apparently thc % is basically meaningless, I've known plenty of old heads and they all say weed isn't that much stronger now

I smoked shwag a lot early on and it's weak af.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sedgr posted:

Makes the Stickybrick into a neat little dab unit but it feels like living dangerously couple extra rubber washers would help.

yeah I would definitely put at least a glass spacer between the banger and the brick to absorb that heat, but hell yes o7

also words cannot express how good this globe is, I love it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
well yea but if you had taken those seeds and grown it well, cured, dried properly, etc, even if you trimmed it so it looks like crap it would still get you pleasantly high, i'm certain. most schwag was certainly not grown, dried and cured properly.

or even just think about things like beasters... ugh. could have all been good weed if it wasn't harvested weeks premature and sent out still wet

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You should smoke outside. A spoof isn't going to catch everything. Is outside not an option?

well I DO live in Wisconsin so not always lol

that said I do it sometimes when taking out the trash/getting the mail/making sure all the plants are green and my wife did ask if I was smoking in the hallway....I am guessing it was on my jacket. idk how to avoid that exactly.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Sunk Dunk posted:

It depends, live resin has consistently been better for me than distillate, which varies greatly on taste and effects.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JAMOOOL posted:

One would think this would eliminate all traces but she still asked me that night if I was smoking down there, even though she didn't go downstairs at all. How is that possible?

Perhaps she asked just because she knows you, knows you are a stoner, and probably assumed you would be doing your stoner thing down there.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

JAMOOOL posted:

For two my wife's parents come to visit for weeks at a time and I think they would not be down with that.

Just reminding you you're a grown rear end adult in your own drat home

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Lol

Weed was but one of a few things behind why I'm divorced.

Also not wanting kids or to stay in Memphis a moment longer than necessary.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

WampaLord posted:

Perhaps she asked just because she knows you, knows you are a stoner, and probably assumed you would be doing your stoner thing down there.

lol this is a possibility. I was definitely opening and closing doors a lot

thank you for the reminder but my in laws are from Mexico and they do not have the same attitude towards recreational marijuana that we do here - to many of them it's just something they hear about through the grapevine and they do not know the difference between that and harder drugs. my wife wouldn't try it until one of her cousins was like "nah, this is good". and while my Spanish is "decent" (for a gringo) it's hard to have "real" conversations with them so whatever, I'm high schooling it

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

So what's the alternative, they get offended and don't spend weeks at a time at your house?

Lol you do you man, but what you're describing is objectively pathetic, like bad sitcom-level sad.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Part of being married is dealing with your spouses' bullshit on top of your own.

Buy some edibles and a safe to keep the kids out of them. Never worry about smell again.

E: wait, wisconsin. Lol. At least you can drive to Michigan or Illinois (lol gently caress IL).

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

If you don't want weed smell in your house the only thing I know that works is a shitload of incense over time. You can't rely on your own sense of smell to determine whether it's still hanging around since you're high and noseblind

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

So what's the alternative, they get offended and don't spend weeks at a time at your house?

Lol you do you man, but what you're describing is objectively pathetic, like bad sitcom-level sad.

it's not really about me, I've smoked with people in her family before so I'm sure a lot of them know. it's more my wife doesn't want them to think SHE smokes, drugs are just a whole different conversation when it comes to people who live in areas that have been dominated by cartels.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

E: wait, wisconsin. Lol. At least you can drive to Michigan or Illinois (lol gently caress IL).

yeah the Tavern League rules all around here and it sucks. I don't like going to IL and paying that insane tax rate but as you get older your hookups get fewer and fewer and they're never around when you want them to be.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Wachter posted:

If you don't want weed smell in your house the only thing I know that works is a shitload of incense over time. You can't rely on your own sense of smell to determine whether it's still hanging around since you're high and noseblind

hah yeah first time I used a vaporizer I thought "wow this is great, you can't even tell someone was smoking in here" and then the next day someone else used it and I was like "oh holy gently caress"

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
hmm im not so sure, my mom who is extremely anti weed comes over sometimes and i vape in the house all day and she hasn't said anything

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

I do really like edibles though, especially since those you can just buy here, and honestly I think the Delta 9o or even D8 edibles are basically the same thing, so long as you up the dosage enough. I am afraid though if I start just taking those daily my tolerance will start shooting up, nothing worse than the "hmmm this used to get me a lot higher" feeling. okay maybe the "holy gently caress did I accidentally take two of these??" feeling

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the average vape cart smell is obvious to anyone who is a stoner but to people who dont smoke or who havent since the 70's its not something they tend to pick up

lol poo poo gets a lot more complicated than that. are you married? my in laws are also immigrants and i definitely get avoiding having the topic even need to come up at all

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
anyone wish for little ceasars pasta buckets

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LifeSunDeath posted:

I smoked shwag a lot early on and it's weak af.

For about 5 years I smoked Mexican brick weed that got me higher than anything does now lol

Probably just my tolerance but still lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The thing that sucked about brick weed wasn't necessarily potency. It was the 1000 seeds you'd get in your ounce. I know I've bought brick in the past that was 30% seeds and stems by weight.

If seedless brick was a thing when I smoked brick, I'd buy it by the truckload. I'd build a house out of it, which would eventually be picked down to a shed, and later just a foundation.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh my God I remember seeds and stems

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Smoke fireworks erryday.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nothing like getting a joint all nicely rolled, only to have it blow up in your face like you're in looney tunes when you hit a wet seed you missed in sort.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Nothing like getting a joint all nicely rolled, only to have it blow up in your face like you're in looney tunes when you hit a wet seed you missed in sort.

oh poo poo I remember that, and also ember going all over carpet. gently caress seeds in my bud lol.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://v.redd.it/6vl459901vba1/DASH_720.mp4

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yes I'll be taking one of those thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

I've always wondered. Is there some sort of max load on your lungs? Like is there a point of volumetric smoke that your lungs will be like, "Nah, place is full"?

Like imagine any container that you fill; only a very small percentage of what is inside is touching the container.