Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Mr. Crow posted:

drat this slaps

Which? :v:

Honestly, NFO wouldn't be out of place in the GTA: Vice City soundtrack, especially songs like Domino or Turn To Miami.

This is practically a meme song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVtMiXEg2CI

Coloured lighting, dancer in twilight, VHS artifacting, dancer in sudden slow motion, dude playing two synths wearing a hat, sunglasses in the dark. Just :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

FreudianSlippers posted:

Have you not heard of that madman who lit a lantern in the bright morning hours, ran to the forum, and cried incessantly: "I seek Terry the Shark! I seek Terry the Fat Shark!"---As many of those who did not believe in sharks were standing around just then, he provoked much laughter. Has he got lost? asked one. Did he lose his way like a child? asked another. Or is he hiding? Is he afraid of us? Has he gone on a voyage? emigrated?---Thus they yelled and laughed

The madman jumped into their midst and pierced them with his eyes. "Whither is Terry?" he cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him---you and I. All of us are his murderers. But how did we do this? How could we drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What were we doing when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all suns? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there still any up or down? Are we not straying, as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is not night continually closing in on us? Do we not need to light lanterns in the morning? Do we hear nothing as yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying Terry? Do we smell nothing as yet of the divine decomposition? Sharks, too, decompose. Terry is dead. Terry remains dead. And we have killed him.

"How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become sharks simply to appear worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed; and whoever is born after us---for the sake of this deed he will belong to a higher history than all history hitherto."

Here the madman fell silent and looked again at his listeners; and they, too, were silent and stared at him in astonishment. At last he threw his lantern on the ground, and it broke into pieces and went out. "I have come too early," he said then; "my time is not yet. This tremendous event is still on its way, still wandering; it has not yet reached the ears of men. Lightning and thunder require time; the light of the stars requires time; deeds, though done, still require time to be seen and heard. This deed is still more distant from them than most distant stars---and yet they have done it themselves.

It has been related further that on the same day the madman forced his way into several threads and there struck up his requiem aeternam pistris. Led out and called to account, he is said always to have replied nothing but: "What after all are these threads now if they are not the tombs and sepulchers of Terry?"

This has me buggin out

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It feels a lot like that one Victoria 2 let's play.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Ready for the next stage of Terry memes where we talk about the absence of the shark every week.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.cbr.com/this-is-fine-meme-cartoonist-celebrates-strip-10th-anniversary/

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Antigravitas posted:

Is the side project of these guys:
was the side project. The guitarist died a few months back

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Wait what

e: damnit

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Antigravitas posted:

Wait what

e: damnit

Yeah I was pretty bummed when I found out too. I’ve been listening to soilwork for decades now and only found out about NFO like 3 weeks ago when people started posting them a bunch here

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Holy crap. Can you imagine being the guy who thought up This is Fine AND Dickbutt???

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SpacePig posted:

I don't know if I missed it in this thread, but Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes has been solved.
https://twitter.com/SA__moment/status/1612963932158803968

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been saying this on these forums for years!!! I knew I saw some comedian who did the meat shoes thing when I was a kid that reminded me of David Crosby but I couldn't for the life of me prove it! I had no idea where goons got the Hulk thing from but I 100% knew I saw it sometime in the early 90s.

Amazing.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Riven posted:

Holy crap. Can you imagine being the guy who thought up This is Fine AND Dickbutt???

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Riven posted:

Yeah, Mr eBaum is pretty great

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

NietzscheanSlippers posted:

Have you not heard of that madman who lit a lantern in the bright morning hours, ran to the forum, and cried incessantly: "I seek Terry the Shark! I seek Terry the Fat Shark!"---As many of those who did not believe in sharks were standing around just then, he provoked much laughter. Has he got lost? asked one. Did he lose his way like a child? asked another. Or is he hiding? Is he afraid of us? Has he gone on a voyage? emigrated?---Thus they yelled and laughed

The madman jumped into their midst and pierced them with his eyes. "Whither is Terry?" he cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him---you and I. All of us are his murderers. But how did we do this? How could we drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What were we doing when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all suns? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there still any up or down? Are we not straying, as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is not night continually closing in on us? Do we not need to light lanterns in the morning? Do we hear nothing as yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying Terry? Do we smell nothing as yet of the divine decomposition? Sharks, too, decompose. Terry is dead. Terry remains dead. And we have killed him.

"How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become sharks simply to appear worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed; and whoever is born after us---for the sake of this deed he will belong to a higher history than all history hitherto."

Here the madman fell silent and looked again at his listeners; and they, too, were silent and stared at him in astonishment. At last he threw his lantern on the ground, and it broke into pieces and went out. "I have come too early," he said then; "my time is not yet. This tremendous event is still on its way, still wandering; it has not yet reached the ears of men. Lightning and thunder require time; the light of the stars requires time; deeds, though done, still require time to be seen and heard. This deed is still more distant from them than most distant stars---and yet they have done it themselves.

It has been related further that on the same day the madman forced his way into several threads and there struck up his requiem aeternam pistris. Led out and called to account, he is said always to have replied nothing but: "What after all are these threads now if they are not the tombs and sepulchers of Terry?"

we must overcome

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

:golfclap:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Mainwaring posted:

All my friends who I share Terry with every week are starting to get very upset, is Terry dead?

I hope so. Good riddance.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Wtf is the MOTHER OF GOD meme the article is talking about?

I would said the Cummy Mummy or the Bad vegetable sniffing baby

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BonHair posted:

Ready for the next stage of Terry memes where we talk about the absence of the shark every week.

Whenever Terry isn’t around there should always be someone saying “Hey, where’s Terry?”

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Dark and twisted Canadians have been pulling this poo poo for years.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been saying this on these forums for years!!! I knew I saw some comedian who did the meat shoes thing when I was a kid that reminded me of David Crosby but I couldn't for the life of me prove it! I had no idea where goons got the Hulk thing from but I 100% knew I saw it sometime in the early 90s.

Amazing.

Can't blame a kid for thinking that bald mustached dude looks like Whole Kogan tbh

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Mods, please change yada yada

rydiafan has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Jan 14, 2023

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Sam Raimi’s student film:

https://youtu.be/BVdn6Kf3-8E

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

(Creator of Rick and Morty is a piece of poo poo, who woulda guessed?)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The abusive piece of poo poo who created Rick and Morty? you're going to have to be more specific :agesilaus:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

some plague rats posted:

The abusive piece of poo poo who created Rick and Morty? you're going to have to be more specific :agesilaus:

Dan Harmon is also a piece of poo poo but he just slapped his name on it, didn't he?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Speedboat Jones posted:

Dan Harmon is also a piece of poo poo but he just slapped his name on it, didn't he?

I have no idea! and to be honest, I don't care enough to check, but I will read the answer if someone posts it

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Right when metoo started becoming a thing, Dan alluded to an incident where he did something regrettable. Later a former co-worker came out and said he had harrassed her. He admitted it and apologized to her, which she accepted and that was that. Dunno about any other incidents tho and it doesn't preclude him being a general rear end in a top hat

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I’m pretty sure Dan Harmon writes a lot of the scripts or at the very least manages the writing room.

That’s why a lot of the Seasons were delayed because he’s famously an alcoholic procrastinator.

Source: I listened to a lot of Harmontown like 6 years ago when I had a 2 hour commute.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Perhaps he should have tried to be a bit more Harm-off instead.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

https://people.com/human-interest/five-officers-fired-three-suspended-sex-scandal-la-vergne-tennesee-police-department/

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

drat, that sucks. Murder and terrorise citizens? Leave without pay at best. Have a bunch of sex? Oh no, bad cops, we'd better fire them.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

the more time they spend loving each other is less time to gently caress us

let them at it, i say

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Hyperlynx posted:

drat, that sucks. Murder and terrorise citizens? Leave without pay at best. Have a bunch of sex? Oh no, bad cops, we'd better fire them.

:emptyquote:

welcome to America. violence good sex bad

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

never watched Zardoz because I already live there :smuggo:

Anyway, there was another important anniversary today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xixgDV_9RJI

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Y'all motherfuckers haven't read Nietzsche (AKA Freddy Neatz).

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

BonHair posted:

Yeah, Mr eBaum is pretty great

lol

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day