Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Does "Kahn bought Buckley's 'BEST' trampoline" come up more than once? I mean obviously they talk about it in the episode where Luanne hallucinates Buckley's ghost but I feel like it was referenced in a later season, and the dumb throwaway line of some dead teenager having a "best" trampoline is so funny to me for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I never realized Mrs Kalaiki-ali'i appeared a few seasons before her son did.

"...and the Oscar goes to ME!"

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat
Out'a my way rooster boy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hank getting into arguments with people at Mega-lo Mart is always fun. "All pipes are straight"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So doctor, Bobby's too tense; what do you recommend? Icy Hot? The Bengay?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I never realized Mrs Kalaiki-ali'i appeared a few seasons before her son did.

"...and the Oscar goes to ME!"
In almost any other animated show, there would be a running gag that nobody can pronounce her last name. It’s so much better having the name just roll off everyone’s tongue like it’s nothing.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Strickland Propene does not have a vending machine. It smells, and I thank god every day I get home that I didn't get exploded. The end.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Doppelganger posted:

In almost any other animated show, there would be a running gag that nobody can pronounce her last name. It’s so much better having the name just roll off everyone’s tongue like it’s nothing.

Even the recurring announcer gets it right, but I think he mentions the same line he has a Polynesian wife

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

the announcer is one of my favorites. it sounds almost exactly like dales voice

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

SettingSun posted:

Strickland Propene does not have a vending machine. It smells, and I thank god every day I get home that I didn't get exploded. The end.

Hang pouring a shot (of beer I think) before grading the paper is hilarious.

My phone autocorrects Hank to Hang got dang it.

Rolo fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 13, 2023

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Yeah it’s explicitly a can of Alamo Beer

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

A MIRACLE posted:

I love how his voice cracks

~At the GAA~HEYYY RODEOOOO~

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

The first time I saw him 'in person', I was shocked.

Then he showed up in like 2 more episodes. I honestly thought they'd keep him unseen.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The first time I saw him 'in person', I was shocked.

Then he showed up in like 2 more episodes. I honestly thought they'd keep him unseen.

hmm was he one of the mensa scamees? I can't remember now

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

A MIRACLE posted:

hmm was he one of the mensa scamees? I can't remember now

Yeah I think we see him announcing the fake horse race when they're trying to reverse-scam Jeff Goldblum

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

You know, David thanking god every day he didn't get exploded kinda makes sense considering the local Mega-Lo Mart blew up in a propane explosion, killing at least one person and traumatizing several survivors (briefly).

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

I was traumatized... briefly

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
It's no big deal! Buildings explode, that's what they do.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, that's what I remember reading here over the years; even the lower quality seasons are still better than a lot of other shows.

Anyway...

Ok, so are Bill and Laoma just... not a thing anymore?

Two episodes after Bill meets Laoma, he mentions to Bobby that things have been going great for the two of them while Bobby is doing a tarot reading. Bobby initially says that the cards indicate love, happiness and success, before realizing some of them are inverted, representing despair, failure and loss.

Bobby laid a drat curse on Bill

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Shishkahuben posted:

Two episodes after Bill meets Laoma, he mentions to Bobby that things have been going great for the two of them while Bobby is doing a tarot reading. Bobby initially says that the cards indicate love, happiness and success, before realizing some of them are inverted, representing despair, failure and loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udR6Ax6Bo1o

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shishkahuben posted:

There was no curse. His reading was only accurate, as it ought to be for any lama or shaman. Woo-loo-loo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
hank blew up the megalomart AND the car dealership

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
thats a felony

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Hazo posted:

Yeah I think we see him announcing the fake horse race when they're trying to reverse-scam Jeff Goldblum

Oh snap that WAS Jeff Goldblum. I’m usually better at this but they assign guest roles to the silliest characters. Brad Pitt being Patch was awesome.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I recently had two weird experiences with guest voices; I was thinking back to who was big back then, and who they would've gotten. The first name that popped into my head was Ben Stiller, and I was two episodes off until I got to "That's what she said" where he voices Rich.

I was also listening to one of the other characters at one point, and thought "is that Elizabeth Perkins?". It wasn't, but she was on later in the season. Very weird.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Bill fucks

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The Flyin Hawaiian is voiced by Brenden Frasier but hell if I could tell. Surprised me when I looked it up.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Both of them!

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

ehh peggy, I can see your what-nots

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Khan got a call from his office about his TPS reports!

:allears:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

A MIRACLE posted:

In a few early episodes I thought it WAS Dale until my dumb rear end realized that he was attending the events.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

BiggerBoat posted:

In a few early episodes I thought it WAS Dale until my dumb rear end realized that he was attending the events.

I was really confused when I saw Dale in the crowd when he was doing announcements!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Bill fucks,

the former governor of texas
kahns mom
luannes mom
lenore
reverend stroup
the eating contest groupie
drunk driver lady
and two bayou widows

That's at least 9 characters who got with/wanted to get with bill. That's almost definitely more than any other character in the show.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
What about boomhauer

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rolo posted:

Hang pouring a shot (of beer I think) before grading the paper is hilarious.

My phone autocorrects Hank to Hang got dang it.

Got dank it

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Boomhauer has been with,

ice cream lady
the jogger that broke his heart
the french canadian woman

and he almost hooks up with a rando in a changing room but I can't think of any others, someone with better encyclopedic knowledge of KotH romance could point some out

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

PinheadSlim posted:

Boomhauer has been with,

ice cream lady

and he almost hooks up with a rando in a changing room but I can't think of any others, someone with better encyclopedic knowledge of KotH romance could point some out

Yeah, but I think it's implied that he's always got someone in his bed. It's outright shown with Bill for comedic reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

PinheadSlim posted:

Boomhauer has been with,

ice cream lady

The mail lady
There's a woman dressed as a nurse when he had Peggy's body cast.
When he gets a call about his car Sally from Bobby he's with a woman (he says something about moving the truck so this might be the ice-cream lady)
The woman who picks him up in the flashback with Sally.

To correct the bill list from earlier he doesn't get with competitive eater lady. That was the joke at the end of the episode that they where saving it until after... His idea.