Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Microplastics posted:

Cooking food arguably led to early humans developing big genious brains and look how that turned out
as described in the covenant of noah, which states that humans shall not eat blood, for the aroma of cooking flesh is pleasing to the LORD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Maybe that's just saying that humans are only allowed to eat carrion?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

a strange fowl posted:

as described in the covenant of noah, which states that humans shall not eat blood, for the aroma of cooking flesh is pleasing to the LORD

What's all this poo poo about eating Jesus's blood at mass then

loving god can never make his mind up can he

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Microplastics posted:

good evidence that god is a her imo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Microplastics posted:

Different testaments, different gods.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://twitter.com/abc7newsbayarea/status/1613987090991091714

salad is about to be expensive

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lettuce can eat poo poo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

cum jabbar posted:

lettuce can eat poo poo

It kinda does.

Just stop growing iceberg.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

gently caress lettuce!!!!

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Romaine is fine. Iceberg is just flavorless fiber waiting to blow out your rear end in a top hat.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
brussel sprouts are where it’s at

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hell yeah. Sprouts are great. Oil, salt, pepper, broiler for 45 minutes.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

F

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Armadillo Tank posted:

its actually about mutilating your children's lungs but since your home is barren and unable to maintain relationships i'd understand the confusion

having a real normal one aren't we lol

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

the stove thing isn’t about saving the environment. burning hydrocarbons in your house is quite bad and could be remediated with relative ease if the culture war wouldn’t get in the way.

yes the air outside is dirty. as we all know, however, all economic activity takes place indoors.

idk, my lib coworkers are pretty smug about spending thousands of dollars getting a different stove. i dont have the money for it, but i do have a range hood that ventilates out through the roof that was already here before i moved in

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
shallots are cool

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

biceps crimes posted:

idk, my lib coworkers are pretty smug about spending thousands of dollars getting a different stove. i dont have the money for it, but i do have a range hood that ventilates out through the roof that was already here before i moved in

it’s not gonna kill you yet and if you don’t have kids it’s probably not an immediate concern.

maybe wait for this to appear but it depends on your state, and who knows if it ever will lol. I’m not gonna Leon you.

from glancing at Home Depot it seems like all the electric stoves are about that much. I bet those fuckers raised prices in anticipation.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

it’s not gonna kill you yet and if you don’t have kids it’s probably not an immediate concern.

maybe wait for this to appear but it depends on your state, and who knows if it ever will lol. I’m not gonna Leon you.

from glancing at Home Depot it seems like all the electric stoves are about that much. I bet those fuckers raised prices in anticipation.

any guides on getting one of these installed? maybe i'll just save up for it. I assume I'll need an electrician, hopefully that work isn't too expensive. i have no idea what an electrician would need to do (tearing holes in walls and running poo poo through the attic? just loving around with a panel outside? etc)

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 02:53 on Jan 14, 2023

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Stove exhaust probably doesn't even crack the top 5 things currently running my children's lungs

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

biceps crimes posted:

any guides on getting one of these installed? maybe i'll just save up for it. I assume I'll need an electrician, hopefully that work isn't too expensive. i have no idea what an electrician would need to do (tearing holes in walls and running poo poo through the attic? just loving around with a panel outside? etc)

IDK. The only stove I ever bought and installed looked like this. Long time ago

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Eggs too expensive for egg salad. Lettuce too expensive for salad salad.

:rip:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

silicone thrills posted:

How about a nice watery gruel?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

silicone thrills posted:

I bought an organic red cabbage for $6.98 at Safeway the other day and was too embarrassed to leave the line and put it back 😩 it’s considered poverty food where I’m from.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
if you think that gas stoves are okay then you also must be okay with smoking cigarettes. otherwise you are being inconsistent.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

mawarannahr posted:

I bought an organic red cabbage for $6.98 at Safeway the other day and was too embarrassed to leave the line and put it back 😩 it’s considered poverty food where I’m from.

You reminded me that I used to get gyros from falafel salam truck and they had purple cabbage dressing stuff that was so loving good. I GUESS ILL TRY TO GROW MY OWN PURPLE CABBAGE TO TRY TO EMULATE IT.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

silicone thrills posted:

You reminded me that I used to get gyros from falafel salam truck and they had purple cabbage dressing stuff that was so loving good. I GUESS ILL TRY TO GROW MY OWN PURPLE CABBAGE TO TRY TO EMULATE IT.

they got $2 jars of pickled cabbage from Poland at groce-out, probably better to start there and it’s authentic enough

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

if you're still alive in 20 years you'll wish you had fermented Finnish foods

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

if you think that gas stoves are okay then you also must be okay with smoking cigarettes. otherwise you are being inconsistent.

If you think gas stoves are okay you must also be okay with burning humans alive for witch craft in the village square then eating their freshly roasted flesh, otherwise you are being inconsistent.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

maybe it's the fermentation that makes the finns the way they are

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i am 1/32 finnish and it haunts me

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

every time i smell alcohol, i hear the jingling of sleigh bells and my ancestors' ghosts alight on my shoulders like malevolent owls

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

a strange fowl posted:

maybe it's the fermentation that makes the finns the way they are

axl torvalds said he was drinking beer continuously when he wrote linux. it shows!!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

In Finland everyone had wood stoves first. Then they were upgraded to electric models. First cast iron. Eventually ceramic and then induction. I got an induction model 10 years ago but always hated it. It caused a hotspot in middle, it made horrible buzzing noise and the fans were loud as hell. I upgraded to a ceramic model for 130€ and it is so much better. Even temps, no noises.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ceramic+stovetop&t=ipad&iax=images&ia=images

I have similar experiences with other induction models, so overall they all suck in my opinion. I use my stove daily for cooking, and for heating water for tea.

My 3x16A three phase 230V stove electric connection was installed in 1971 when they constructed this apartment. It can give a total of 11kW so there’s no limit on how many cooking zones I can use simultaneously.

Ihmemies has issued a correction as of 09:48 on Jan 14, 2023

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Ihmemies posted:

In Finland everyone had wood stoves first. Then they were upgraded to electric models. First cast iron. Eventually ceramic and then induction. I got an induction model 10 years ago but always hated it. It caused a hotspot in middle, it made horrible buzzing noise and the fans were loud as hell. I upgraded to a ceramic model for 130€ and it is so much better. Even temps, no noises.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ceramic+stovetop&t=ipad&iax=images&ia=images

I have similar experiences with other induction models, so overall they all suck in my opinion. I use my stove daily for cooking, and for heating water for tea.

My 3x16A three phase 230V stove electric connection was installed in 1971 when they constructed this apartment. It can give a total of 11kW so there’s no limit on how many cooking zones I can use simultaneously.
thank you for this post, i feel a small but strange insight into your mysterious life

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

imagine cooking on a stovetop made of lit cigs

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

DancingShade posted:

If you think gas stoves are okay you must also be okay with burning humans alive for witch craft in the village square then eating their freshly roasted flesh, otherwise you are being inconsistent.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This was funny what the gently caress mods get a life

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Real hurthling! posted:

imagine cooking on a stovetop made of lit cigs

it's called upcycling and the Mestre da Pizza does it all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

FFT posted:

if you're still alive in 20 years you'll wish you had fermented Finnish foods

I'd have to be on the brink of death to even consider eating mustard pickled herring