Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

[BGM: Silence]

What?

The normally disinterested Dog's eyes shot open, a look of panic and fear spread across his face. It looked like he had more to say, but before another word could exit his mouth, he began to dance the familiar death. I couldn't bear to watch it again. It was always utterly horrifying. I only turned back around when I heard the thud of a body hitting the floor.

Bunny picked up the tablet and started interacting with it.

Heh. Arrogant bastard really didn't see it coming.

Did you just chuckle at someone dying? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Don't get too offended yet, Mouse. I don't think many of us are going to be mourning him.

What do you mean?

Take a look at his tablet.

[BGM: See No Evil]

His personality is defeated.

Wait, so that means...

We finally hit a traitor.

A wave of relief flooded my heart. Thank God! I shouldn't be feeling this good about someone dying, but I couldn't help myself. For once, a death wasn't in vain. But after the initial jo y, I turned to being puzzled. I mean, yeah, I voted for Dog, but he was really the type to kill this many people just to get his way? What could have motivated him so much? To drive a man to commit such acts... Was it all in the name of self-preservation?

While I was hung up on this, the rest of the group celebrated.

Hell yeah! We finally got one!

I knew something was off with that fucker.

[BGM: Bullfighter]

For the record, who actually voted for him?

I sure as hell did.

I also voted for him.

I voted for Dog.

I see, I see.

You were all convinced?

Well we were right, weren't we?

I guess that's true.

Dog must've been the one behind Ox's death. He likely lied about who he voted for in the second cycle, and he was also probably the one who collected the tablets off the dead person.

Crafty little bastard, isn't he?

Indeed. While he was forced into unfortunate circumstances, I cannot condone his actions. Still, I will pray for his soul. Hopefully his actions, spurred on by the cruel heart of a boy, can be forgiven.

Well, I won't.

gently caress him. And gently caress anyone who tries to step to the Slugger Queen!

So, what now?

Huh?

Surely you didn't all forget that there are two traitors. Just because one is dead doesn't mean things are over.

poo poo. You're right.

Not necessarily.

Huh?

Think about it- we don't know the personality of a number of the deceased. We theorized it was possible, but we never got confirmation that the two traitors contacted each other. That idea actually sounds fairly far-fetched.

It's very possible that, in all the hubbub of what's happened, the other traitor is already dead.

But how likely is that?

Well, think about it.

If both were alive, don't you think there would've been more 'moves'? Ever since Snake's death, all the votes have been entirely explainable. There haven't really been any liars or anything.

Yeah, that's all well and good, but we don't actually know that they're dead. Are we supposed to just take it on faith?

What's the other option? Start killing each other and hope the traitor's still alive? That seems like a recipe for pointless slaughter.

Guys, I have a great idea!

What?

We just have to tie again.

This plan again?

No, trust me, it'll work this time! There's only five of us left, which means anyone breaking from the plan will be super obvious.

Mouse is totally right! Mouse and myself can vote for Horse, Horse and Dragon can vote for me, and Monkey can vote no one.

If we do this, hopefully no one will die!

A clever plan.

I suppose that makes sense.

We also need to input this round's action. Grimly enough, with all the deaths, the Minor Trinkets we have now are enough. Let's spread them out and activate them.

So we each took hold of a Minor Trinket and took turns entering the restroom to use our tablets. I used my Minor Trinket and prayed for Horse's death. ...Of course, I didn't actually pray for that, but that's the button I pressed on my tablet. This was the first time I actually went into one of these things confident. There were too few people for a traitor to make a move. In fact, the other traitor was probably dead. Nothing to worry about!

By the end of the cycle, we were all gathered around in the cafeteria. We heard the television announcing the Round's results. However, it was drowned out by the announcement on our tablets.

With a total of 3 prayers, the great Draconic Gods have heeded the group's wishes and strike down Horse.

See, just as-

WHAT?

How is-

Horse's face scrunched up in a look of determination. I knew what was about to happen. I turned around once more. My mind was too clouded with despair to figure out what had happened. It took longer for the thud to come than usual... but a thud did come.

[BGM: Rabid Rabbit]

Horse died just like the rest of them. Four were left. What the gently caress?

What the gently caress? How the hell did this happen?

No! I thought this was over...

This is certainly unexpected...

Monkey! The traitor's gotta be you!

What?

Didn't you hear? Horse got three votes! You must have voted alongside Bunny and Mouse and killed him!

There has to be some sort of other explanation!

How?

Maybe a dead person's tablet was used!

Seriously? We would've seen if someone took an extra tablet with them, and there are no tablets in the bathroom.

What a desperate excuse!

Then it was Dragon!

Huh?!

Playing coy. The standard maneuver of liars. Instead of voting for Bunny, like she said she would, she voted for Horse.

There, simple as that.

No way it's me! Stop trying to pin the blame elsewhere!

I'm just looking for the most logical explanation.

The most logical explanation is that you did it!

Everyone, shut up!

I shouted at them with all the emotions I had been bottling up. They turned to me and looked disturbed by my outburst. I didn't care. I had had enough with the traitor and their poo poo.

I'm sick and tired of this. The traitor is obvious.

This could've been a vote if we didn't already know explicitly who the other traitor was. :v: Oh well!

It's definitely Bunny.

What?

Mouse, what are you talking about? Bunny couldn't have made Horse get 3 votes, he was already supposed to vote Horse.

Yeah, the argument's between me and Monkey right now.

That's exactly what Bunny intended to happen. Why he did things like this.

Did things like what? Mouse, you're being ridiculous right now!

You voted for Horse, and you used a dead man's tablet to vote for him as well.

How? You saw that I only brought my own tablet into the restroom!

You didn't need to bring a tablet into a different room. You voted right in front of us.

Huh?

Bunny, when you were 'checking' Dog's tablet, you used it to vote for Horse without any of us noticing, didn't you? As the other traitor, you must've realized you were entering an unfavorable situation once there were only 5 of us left.

It doesn't surprise me you had a plan prepared for that round. After voting Horse, you guided the conversation so Horse was one of the options we were voting on to tie it. All so you could be 'innocent' in this debate.

That all makes sense to me.

You bastard! You tried to set us up, didn't you, you son of a bitch?

Woah, woah, hold on a second, Mouse is totally off base! I didn't do anything like that. You think that's evidence that I'm the traitor?

This isn't a game about evidence. It's about who's the likeliest traitor. And if we're talking about who's suspicious, there are piles and piles of red flags with you. Starting with the formation of the library group.

What about it?

You said Pig founded that group? No way in hell. She's not proactive enough to form something like that. In fact, it looked to me like she was the last to join!

She surprised me too, but she was super enthused about it.

No, she wasn't. You formed that group by taking the most desperate people and gathering them together. You hoped to take control of the game by staying in the majority. But Dog interrupted that plan by overwhelming your group with numbers.

Which is probably why you convinced the same people to reform that group and bring in Dragon.

I seriously don't know what you're talking about!

For a time, you used that group to vote people out. However, for some reason, you sensed that that was a sinking ship, and decided to pivot. By offering a hand out to us, you gained our trust while taking out another big competitor.

That was the point it devolved into a complete contest of the group voting out the most suspicious. And being the social manipulator you are, that's the situation you were aiming for.

At that point, you were fairly confident that Dog was the other traitor. Since you knew which actions you were responsible for, you could more easily narrow down who the other traitor must be. That's why you contacted with him there, didn't you?

Contacted with him? Mouse, you're spitting off nonsense at this point... I was right in front of you guys the whole time!

The random comment about a 'Carl Leone'. That was some sort of code, wasn't it? A code only fellow cops would get?

Now you're just being ridiculous. Carl Leone is a very respected actor, I'll have you know.

Really? Name three movies he was in!

He doesn't do movie work, he acts in television.

Then TV shows.

Uh, Holy Holes, Shake Hands with Danger, and Frankenstein Cop.

I haven't heard of a single one of those!

How's that my fault?

I would know about Frankenstein Cop if that was a thing.

Clearly, you wouldn't!

You and Dog conspired to pin suspicion on Sheep.

You're saying I worked with Dog? Then why did I vote for him?

You voted for him because you realized public sentiment was against him. He had the most votes other than Sheep the round before. Then, when you heard Dragon talking about him being suspicious, you decided it was best to jump aboard the bandwagon.

Tch. This is all ridiculous!

Oh yeah? Then who do you think is the traitor?

I don't know. Monkey? Dragon?

It's not me!

It's sure as hell not me.

You're both right. It's Bunny!

You're totally right, Mouse. This guy's been scummy no matter how you look at it. In all but one vote, he's been on the majority's side. That's the kind of situation that only occurs if you're deliberately pulling some strings.

The traitor in this case is likely someone who possessed an acute sense of social awareness. That does not appear to be in Dragon's style.

It is, however, consistent with the personality Bunny has displayed.

It's over, Bunny! Just admit it!

With an angered look on his face, Bunny started walking towards me. He also stuffed his left hand in his pocket. He was walking past Dragon. He had previously inspected Dog's body. So that means... Just as he suddenly yanked out a golden knife from his pocket and slashed at Dragon's neck, I slammed into him. I had almost forgotten the last move available to him. With just 4 left, he only had 3 people left.

If he could have ambushed Dragon with a weapon, he might've been able to get away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

haha did Bunny seriously congratulate the town when they hit the other scum traitor? there's been some classic mafia tells all over this one

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

dervival posted:

haha did Bunny seriously congratulate the town when they hit the other scum traitor? there's been some classic mafia tells all over this one

Yeah, He and Dog were definitely the most active participants in everything. It's tricky to find that too suspicious though - if it's a character's route, they kind of naturally need to be present since they have the narrative focus. It's a tough line to walk in routes where the traitor(s) aren't immediately obvious because that can give the game away.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Time to find out what Bunny did to break dog so bad. At least I assume he played a role with how hostile he and dog have been to each other.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012

Bunny posted:

If both were alive, don't you think there would've been more 'moves'? Ever since Snake's death, all the votes have been entirely explainable. There haven't really been any liars or anything.

Shameless. He made plenty of obvious moves to us. It was nice to have a route with both traitors active since it can become quite confusing when going in blind!

Ox: Dog betrayed (7-5)
Tiger: Dog spare tablet + betray (2-1)
Tie: Bunny attempts to form a majority. Too sudden for Dog to get to the spare tablets. (5-5)
Snake: Dog 2x spare tablet (7-5)
Rooster: Bunny flips Dragon into the majority group (5-4)
Pig: Bunny (+tablet) flips into the minority group (5-3)
Sheep: Bunny and Dog identify each other and go along with Dog's targeting of Sheep (3-2-?)
Dog: Bunny's comment after Dog leaves to vote (3-?)
Horse: Bunny sets up a fake 2v2 and uses Dog's tablet (3-2)

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I'm just popping in again to say this is a good LP and help push along a new page to avoid too much image overload.

I own the game myself but didn't get too far in for various reasons, and have seen a route or two we haven't seen here yet.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

bewilderment posted:

I'm just popping in again to say this is a good LP and help push along a new page to avoid too much image overload.

:same:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

oh, just remembered i had a question, when did mouse learn about dog's knife in this route? i don't remember seeing it come up recently, but i also don't remember where this route branches and what came before

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

biosterous posted:

oh, just remembered i had a question, when did mouse learn about dog's knife in this route? i don't remember seeing it come up recently, but i also don't remember where this route branches and what came before

I'm pretty sure that in this route she actually does not know about the knife.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Mix. posted:

With an angered look on his face, Bunny started walking towards me. He also stuffed his left hand in his pocket. He was walking past Dragon. He had previously inspected Dog's body. So that means... Just as he suddenly yanked out a golden knife from his pocket and slashed at Dragon's neck, I slammed into him. I had almost forgotten the last move available to him. With just 4 left, he only had 3 people left.

my reading of this part is mouse, in the heat of the moment, remembered dog's knife and figured bunny was making a move, which is why she knew to tackle him here

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It's fun to note that the routes so far have been putting people in their 'element' where their skills and talents make them a force to be reckoned with-Dog with gambling, Snake with planning elaborate plots, Rooster and Sheep with being underestimated, Bunny with manipulating social situations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

content warning: police violence/brutality

After knocking him to the ground, I started to re-run away. Bunny sprung back up and tried to grab my foot. Luckily, a pissed Dragon reeled back and gave him a solid kick to the head. Dragon's attack sent Bunny tumbling to a nearby column.

[BGM: Fire Breath]

AAGH! loving bitch!

That's what you get for trying to gently caress with me!

So these are your true colors. Disgusting.

Well what the gently caress was I supposed to do? Curl over and die?

I've put up with so much poo poo, done so much poo poo, and it all led up to me dying in some lovely high school?

gently caress that! This whole thing's totally unfair! Why the hell am I being punished? For arresting the right guy? For doing my job? It's bullshit and you know it Brian! Tell me, why do I have to go through this? I don't deserve to die like this!

And anyone else did?

If they didn't want to die, they should've done something about it. Like I did.

And how'd that work out for you?

It's unfair, unfair, unfair! Why am I here for catching a criminal? Doing my job?

Is that why you're here?

What?

I didn't think it particularly pertinent before this, so I didn't bring it up, but I saw that there was an article ripped out and posted on the board in a Global Studies classroom. It talked about a controversial police shooting.

The police officer in it apparently had very little justification for firing and killing a low-level felon who was later revealed to be unarmed. But ultimately, nothing came of it.

[BGM: Weak Pig]

That's talking about you, isn't it Gerry Braxton?

Tch.

For real? That's you?

I heard that story. Just another instance of this city's systems being completely hosed.

Ha! Makes sense that this trash would be so open to reckless murder.

Bunny? Nah, you should've been the one we called Pig, pig.

That wasn't me.

What?

Yes, I was the officer talked about in the story, but the story's wrong. I never shot anyone.

You think we'll buy that?

Look... I learned how to make people like me from a very young age. I got a lot of practice learning to appease my parents.

The secret is to just go along with whatever other people want. If you let them have control, then they appreciate you.

In school, I was pretty popular. I had a lot of friends. Everyone liked me. I was actually feeling pretty good about myself.

But then I heard that some of my closer friends were actually acting like dicks to other kids at school.

I confronted them about it. And just like that, it all fractured. The slightest bit of opposition, and all of the sudden I was 'the enemy'.

People I thought were close turned on me, bullied me incessantly. And its not like I had allies from the other kids, because in their eyes, they were my friends for a long time.

I was complicit. In an instant, I fell from heaven to hell.

Why are you telling us this?

Because it's important to know that I learned from early on how cruel things were when society turns against you.

How quickly your relationships can break. I spent two and a half years learning that lesson.

So when I finally joined the police force, I knew not to gently caress things up.

Being candid, the force is in a pretty lovely state. There's a lot of corruption, malpractice, and frankly lovely people working there.

Chief of Police Bowen is either incredibly incompetent, or behind the atmosphere. It was a station full of assholes.

But to fit in, you had to assimilate. I learned my lesson about making my move early. I went along with them. ...Maybe I went along with them a little too much.

To the point where they got me on camera joining in on things like planting illegal drugs at a crime scene.

Fucker.

It wasn't my idea! I just had to go along with my senior officers.

I knew it was hosed. I was only still working there because I thought I could help combat it in the long run.

But then, one of Bowen's top men hosed up. They shot someone they shouldn't have shot.

And I was asked to take the fall.

You went along with that?

I was assured that nothing would come of it. And if I went against the force, there was no telling what footage might get out. How the media might spin things.

Are you saying the Chief of Police is blackmailing his police officers? Why didn't you fight against this?

Who do you think has more influence? Who would win this fight?

And you kept working there?

And leaving the force would've fixed anything?

Staying definitely wasn't the right option!

Heh. I don't think you get how things work, Mouse.

Unless you let groups control you, you don't get to control the group.

It's a give-and-take relationship. If you go along with what other people say, they're far more likely in turn to be influenced by you.

There really wasn't a choice for me.

[BGM: The Undying]

I don't know if you thought your story would've made me sympathetic to you, but it only made me hate your guts more. Let's end this.

Wait, wait, wait!

What?

You don't have to do this.

Yeah, we do.

No, you don't.

Yes, I'll admit it, I'm the victorious personality. Which means that I can win with two other people.

Monkey, Mouse, there's two of you!

If you just turn against Dragon, the rest of us can get out together!

Are you seriously proposing that?

Why would we want to work with a murderer?

Don't be so dramatic, all I did was push some buttons.

Dragon's an actual criminal! A gang leader!

I'm a good cop who's trying to reform a broken system!

Think about it, who should really get out of this situation?

Oh go gently caress yourself.

Dragon picked up the knife Bunny had dropped on the floor.

Wait, wait!

Bunny tried to protest, but Dragon walked up to Bunny with a threatening look in her eyes. In response, Bunny threw a punch at her. It missed, and with an uppercut, Dragon stuck the knife up Bunny's jaw. She pulled it out, and blood splattered out. Bunny's eyes shot open, and he tried to speak out something. The wound, however, punctured some part of his vocal chord, and all he could do was sputter.

The final, most brutal death of this race. Not an execution, but a lynching.

Dragon stood over Bunny as he collapsed, covered in blood. She turned over to look at me and Monkey. We looked at each other and said nothing. I could hardly condone what just happened. But I certainly wasn't going to do anything about it.

The rest of the race went by quickly. We used the Minor Trinkets to race towards the end. It would've been close if just the three of us used Trinkets. However, we operated the dead people's tablets and had them use Trinkets as well. It took 3 rounds to reach the finish line.

There wasn't much discussion or celebration amongst us survivors. How could there be? There were only three of us. My eyes kept wandering to Bunny's sad corpse. He had fought so hard to survive. And for what? Monkey, Dragon, and myself were the only survivors. I bet Brian was cackling in the viewing room right now. We had well and truly broke down and killed each other until there was almost no one left.

Exactly what he wanted.

This wasn't a victory. We had lost too many people to call it that. The only one satisfied with this ending was Brian. And if Brian was satisfied, that means we lost.

[Ending – 5 of Spades]

If the Second Caw is found in the first three rounds, Bunny will be assigned a role that forces him to act. If he finds the Prayer Statue, he will definitely use it.

Bunny is an incredibly sly, social player, and will be able to make the most of the voting system. On a good day, Mouse might be able to deduce the two traitors and stop Bunny from dominating.

However, any race where the Prayer Statue is activated is a race which will end incredibly bloodily. That's not the story we're aiming for.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

A slimy bastard to the end. Rest in piss, Gerry.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Jesus. Some of the routes are pretty sympathetic to the traitors; Bunny just doubles down on being a horrible piece of poo poo.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Arzaac posted:

Jesus. Some of the routes are pretty sympathetic to the traitors; Bunny just doubles down on being a horrible piece of poo poo.

It's worth taking another look at Dog and Bunny's interaction in Dog's route. Dog didn't seem to have a whole lot of sympathy for someone he knew before all of this started, and someone who (most likely, though I don't know if we know if they were on the farce at the same time) was a former coworker.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Yeah, "but I plant evidence because I'm a good cop" does explain their differences a fair bit.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021

Dirk the Average posted:

It's worth taking another look at Dog and Bunny's interaction in Dog's route. Dog didn't seem to have a whole lot of sympathy for someone he knew before all of this started, and someone who (most likely, though I don't know if we know if they were on the farce at the same time) was a former coworker.

I don't know if this is intentional or a typo but either way I thoroughly enjoy it.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Well, that's another route down- Bunny's, to be specific. We went into this route basically already knowing who the traitors were, but that doesn't automatically mean the route itself is a snooze. Dog was just as much of an active participant, and just knowing who to look out for doesn't necessarily mean avoiding them at all costs will actually benefit you, as seen by the Dead End we got when we tried to avoid Bunny's idea. Themis made a joke about how this route was written before Among Us ever was a thing, but how in retrospect it basically ends up becoming an emergency meeting at the end with everyone yelling about who to vote off.

The first ending we missed introduces a new kind of mechanic- points tracking. In this route's case, there are a couple of decisions that can increase Mouse's 'target' points- basically, how much of a target Mouse is making herself. Interestingly, despite this being Bunny's route, it's not him who these points affect- it's Dog.

There are only three moments where you can gain a target point, so the moment you get your second point you're locked onto this ending. The first moment is actually before any of the routes even start- if you get the right answer in the true or false room, Dog notices that Mouse is smart enough to not propose a wrong statement; the point only matters if you get on Bunny's route, so when we were doing Dog's route it didn't mean anything. (For the purpose of the LP I went back and got it wrong since it wasn't a choice the thread could've made, just to keep things fair.)

The second is when Mouse thinks about whether the group discussion on who to vote out is good or bad- interestingly, the answer that gets you a point is speaking up in favor of it, as this leads Dog to note that you're confident enough to say so, which could be a problem for him and Bunny. The third and final is, well, who you stick up for. Sticking up for Dog and Monkey is the option that gets you a point, because Mouse mentions the second vote where the two of them privately determined who to vote for... which leads Dog to wonder if you're catching on to him, since he very obviously hosed with that prayer round to kill someone else off.

If you get zero or only one point, then you progress with the route as normal- if you get two or more, enough to put you on Dog's radar as a potential threat, you get the ending we're about to see. After Sheep's death, when the group grows quiet and everyone is thinking to themselves, this time Dog speaks up...

[Become too much of a target.]

[BGM: Mousetrap]

After a while, however, Dog spoke up.

I think we should vote for Mouse.

What?!

What?!

Sorry Mouse, I don't mean you any disrespect. I just can't trust you. It seems like you're always up to something.

You called me over to vote for someone, what was it, three times? Something like that? You just seem like a schemer.

'Seem like a schemer?' What the hell does that mean? And this is rich from the guy who was outside the library when the dead people had their tablets taken away. Rich from the guy who was supposed to vote Dragon in the first cycle!

Mouse, where are these accusations coming from? You're not just saying things about Dog because he accused you, are you?

What?! Of course not!

In that case, why didn't you speak up earlier?

That's-

Save it you guys, we need to start voting again. The cycle's almost over.

Okay, got it.

But...

It was no use- there was no time. Dog had made his accusation right before we needed to cycle out of the bathroom and input our votes. I voted against Dog, obviously, hoping people would listen. But there was a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. When I heard my tablet speak, I could feel my heart dropping. Come on, don't say it...

With a total of 3 prayers, the great Draconic Gods have heeded the group's wishes and strike down Mouse.

gently caress!

I lunged at Dog, the perpetrator of my execution. I did not get far, however, before the blades entered my throat and I began to squirm. I fell on the ground and writhed. In death, I was like a worm. Both in how I looked and in the respect I commanded. Then I fell to the floor. Mouse the worm. Death via unpopularity.

[Ending – 5 of Diamonds]

When few are left, the prayer system will help the popular. By that same token, the traitors will look to eliminate people they view as potential threats.

Mouse needs to be aware of her social game early if she doesn't want it biting her in the rear end later. After all, reputation is everything in life.

So yeah.

The last ending we missed is obvious- its picking the wrong person when it's down to the final four.

[Accuse Monkey or Dragon of being the traitor.]

There's not really any variation based on who you accuse besides their argument for why it can't be them (which we've already seen, basically), so I'll just be picking Dragon.

[BGM: Rabid Rabbit]

It's definitely Dragon.

The gently caress? Are you being serious right now?

Horse was just executed! What other explanation could there be?

Obviously it was that bitch Monkey's doing.

No, I don't buy that.

Why the hell not? She's been shady all game!

Perhaps. But I know her better than anyone here.

She's been my therapist for a long time. And I know she couldn't do something like this.

The gently caress? You seriously buy that?

I believe her more than a violent gang leader like you! You've been quick to orchestrate group votes, quick to start fights, quick to find any reason to kill!

I'm sorry to say it Dragon, but I agree with Mouse.

As do I. Well, from my point of view, your guilt is confirmed.

You shouldn't have been so sloppy with your final moves.

That's your criticism?

Mouse, you loving moron, you're gonna get us all killed! Try to think about things for half a second, would ya?

No, I'm sick and tired of you lying to me! Come on guys, lets vote this witch dead for good.

I angrily walked off to the restroom. I had had enough of these games. I was going to vote her out.

I took out my tablet. And. I felt blood leave the right side of my neck. No, 'leave' is too kind a word. Spurt out. Like a gusher. Why? I had been stabbed, in a clean in-out motion. With what? By who? How would I know? I'm dead.

[Ending – 5 of Hearts]

The one with the victorious personality is very sly. Their game is one built for the long game.

The fewer people left, the easier it will be for them to blitz to a victory. Mouse must see through people's facades and let logic guide her.

Next update, we start on a different path towards a different route!

Mix. fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 18, 2023

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I didn't really see Dragon as being a gang leader but sure.

Also for the first time while the generic anime-esque art style doesn't bother me, I just noticed peoples necks. Pretty long. Bunny looks weird. It looks a bit like the characters were designed and drawn first, and then their necks were 'stretched' to add the kill collars into the art.

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
Aha~, that's what the speaking up about supporting the group discussion was about. Funnily enough, my earlier answers would have left me fine, as while I voted to support the group discussions I also voted to believe Monkey and Dog instead of Dragon (whom I wrongly believed was in cahoots with Bunny).

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

It's time to get started on another route!

This next one's actually also going to be very straightforward to start, as it's a path we've already seen! In Round Two, Mouse will go explore with Sheep and Horse in the workout room and find a Major Trinket, and then the group all votes to RUN once again. After this, Mouse goes with Pig and Monkey to the room with the kangaroo words puzzle, where they find a Major Trinket. After this, once again, the group all votes to RUN once again, and reconvene in the cafeteria, where we get Brian's end of Round Three message once again:

DESPERATE can only win if they finish first with no more than two other people, and CONTENT wants to finish last, which will result in only the two of them surviving.

The group is in disarray for a moment, but Monkey steps forward and confesses- she is the CONTENT personality. After comforting Mouse, who is distraught by this news, Monkey is tied up to prevent her from being able to hurt the group in secret. The DESPERATE personality does not come forward. With that settled, Ox encourages the group to split up once more to continue Trinket hunting, but Monkey speaks up, saying she feels it is unsafe to split up considering one of the traitors is still unknown.

Last time, we sided with Ox and split up, but this time...

[BGM: See No Evil]

Ox, I hate to say it, but Monkey has a point.

Seriously? Even you don't trust me, Mouse?

I'm not saying that at all! I'm just saying, uh, splitting up might not be the best idea. Just, you know, considering the circumstances and all. Why not explore in pairs?

… It'd slow us down quite a bit.

Oh, come off it, Ox. Who died and left you in charge? A lot of us were moving in groups already, and we were doing just fine.

We can always change course if it looks like we're running out of time.

In that case, let's move in pairs, while one person can go solo.

Um, if we're doing partners, could I move with Horse?

I don't have any reason to refuse.

Actually, I'd prefer Horse if you moved with Tiger.

What? Why?

To keep you in check. There's no point to this if we aren't trying to thoroughly limit everyone's actions, no?

And what does pairing me with Tiger change?

Hey, you wanna go?

Oh, just let Horse go with Sheep, Ox. It should be fine. I'll go with Tiger instead!

...Fine. In that case, Mouse, Pig, you two can look together.

Alright, sounds good to me.

Totally, for me too.

I'd like to keep an eye on Rooster, so you're with me.

Using your leadership position to partner with me? Smart moves, my friend.

...This may have been a mistake.

Is the solo spot still open? Because I'd like to go with that please.

Fine.

Hey, hey, hold on, that leaves me stuck with Snake. gently caress that!

Indeed. I have some objections with this arrangement.

Too bad.

Excuse me?

I've already had enough of a headache without having to worry about your petty squabbling. Suck it up and work together.

Neither of them seemed particularly enthused with that response, but neither of them had the energy to fight Ox when he was so clearly fed up with the group.

That should take care of things.

Just like that, Ox had devised our new marching orders. Everybody split up and got to searching. Pig and I decided to look around the second floor classrooms for a while. We spent a lot of time looking at some math classrooms, but we weren't able to find anything of use. Time flew pretty quickly. Before we knew it, we were facing the end of Round 4.

Alright, well, we might as well input our actions.

Right. Don't want to die, after all.

Yep. Man, dying from forgetting to put in your move must suck. Like, not only would it be super painful, but it'd also have to be super embarrassing. You'd be dying, and all the while, you'd just be embarrassed that this was the way you were going out.

Agreed.

But then again, who'd really not just input a move at least once a round?

I don't know, maybe if you couldn't...

Oh my God Monkey's tied up.

…Crap, you're right! We should fix that, right?

Yeah, we definitely should.

Okay, you stay here, I'll go run down there real quick and untie her so that she can input a move, then re-tie her.

You don't want me to come with you?

It's no big deal, I can do it by myself.

For the route we're going on, the choice here is...

Letting her go off like this technically broke the 'pairs' rule we had established. However, for something this mundane, it shouldn't really be a problem.

Suit yourself.

And just like that, Pig ran down to the cafeteria. While she was gone, I took out my tablet and pressed the RUN button. And then I waited.

[BGM: Slow Boar]

After some time, Pig returned.

Hey, how'd it go?

It, uh, it went good. Good, I think.

You think?

Yeah, it was good. I mean, I went and did the thing that I intended to do and I did it so... yeah, it went well.

Oooookay then, good to hear we didn't accidentally get Monkey executed. Time to keep searching then, yeah?

Let's.

And like that, we headed out to check some other classrooms. We searched for a while, but didn't find much of use. Eventually, just searching in silence began to feel awkward. I tried for some small talk.

So... lots of books around here.

Uh, it's an English classroom, so that tracks.

Right, right. Are you a big reader, Pig?

I used to be. I've kind of fallen off of that for the last couple of years.

I can feel that. I think part of growing up is no longer having time to read books.

That's a sad way of thinking.

...Yeah, it is.

You know, even with my busy schedule, I bet I could put enough time in my life to read books. At least once a month.

You know, I probably could too.

And it would be good to read more often.

It would, wouldn't it?

I enjoy reading a book whenever I get around to it.

Same.

And I know that reading is a much better hobby than just watching TV or whatever.

I read a study like that.

So it'd be totally possible for me to make time to read more often, it'd be good for me, and I'd enjoy it.

Absolutely.

It's a shame that there's absolutely no chance I'll go through with that idea, huh?

Not a chance in hell.

Not even when I have this exact same thought process in a few months.

No, I'll forget about it in the exact same way.

But I will be able to consistently make time to binge trash shows on the weekend.

Shows that I won't even really like all that much.

Right.

Right. ...But I'd imagine you still read some amount, being a journalist.

Oh, well, that's a different type of reading. A lot sadder type of reading.

I'd imagine. Seems depressing to be a journalist.

Well, there's a lot more bad news than good. You get used to it, though.

Well that's, uh, good?

...Not really. You just go through so many horrible, horrible stories.

Right, right. Whenever I hear about any of those things I just feel so bad for everybody involved.

Yeah, well, not everybody.

Hm?

I mean, usually there's an rear end in a top hat to blame for it all.'

Yeah, but I mean, it's rarely a good situation for them too. You have to wonder what's hosed them so badly to get to that point in their life.

[BGM: Final Squeal]

Just because they were hosed up in life doesn't mean they aren't a piece of poo poo for it.

I never said that. I was just pointing out that I feel bad for everyone.

Okay, but why are you feeling bad for perpetrators?

I mean, I'm not feeling bad for them in particular.

You don't feel rage at them?

Not really. I mean, it's not like I know them. Rage at what made them the way they are, perhaps.

Yeah, see, just because they were made the way they are because of some underlying system, doesn't mean they aren't a piece of poo poo.

Again, I know that. I'm just saying that what's really hosed up is what keeps producing the monsters in our society. I mean, if not for those systems, why would they keep showing up?

Uh, because evil people will always show up?

That's... I think I'm not explaining myself well here.

Okay, so, when you're writing a hit-piece on someone, what's your goal? Do you intend to tear down that one individual person? Or do you use it as an opportunity to shed light on some larger issue at play?

Hm. I don't know. Never really considered that.

You haven't?

Don't really have time to. It's a pretty fast-paced world.

Besides, in the end, it all boils down to the same thing, doesn't it? Take down the villain.

I guess.

A moment of awkward silence passed between us. After a pause, Pig spoke back up, seeming a bit defensive.

I mean, I get your perspective though. After all, you're a defense attorney, right?

I plan to be one.

Right, right.

You know you're usually going to be defending guilty people, right?

Tends to be the case. You usually don't take things to court, either, just look out for your client.

Right, you try to make the prosecutor doubt their case enough to let your client have as light a punishment as possible.

That's... a way of looking at it.

I get viewing it from the criminal's perspective. But what about the victim? Or the relatives of the victim? Them getting justice is a huge thing to give them peace.

I mean, sometimes.

Although actually, studies have shown that justice against the criminal actually ultimately doesn't tend to give those affected by the crime that much peace.

But that's not always the case. I mean, look at the situation we're in.

We returned to searching in silence. Before long, we had finished our search.

Well, the round's almost over. I should probably let Monkey use their tablet again.

You go do that. I'll input on my tablet, then give the room here another once over until you come back.

Okay.

And like that, Pig once again left the room. I pulled out my tablet again and chose to RUN. Then I looked around, waiting for Pig to return. It didn't take her that long.

Where next?

Well... Actually, why don't we go and check on the classroom I woke up in? I wasn't on the lookout back then, so it's possible I missed some stuff there.

Alright, lead the way.

And just like that, I took her to the classroom I woke up in. Ah, memories.

[BGM: Wool Over The Eyes]

It was only hours ago, but it feels like a lifetime ago. I was so naive back then. Just a child, ignorant of the ways of the world. True, there was some fear in me. But moreso, I was filled with... wonder, could it be? Back then, whe-

Mouse, are you okay? You've been staring at nothing for a bit now.

Oh, um, sorry. Let's begin looking around now.

We gave the laboratory a thorough sweep.

Man, this must be a pretty good school. There are ton of chemicals here, really, this stuff is top of the line.

Yeah, this place is nice.

Before long, we found a safe hidden in one of the cabinets.

Alright, this is something!

Yeah! Now we just need to find the passcode to it.

Well, there's only one place in this room that has a lot of numbers on it. The whiteboard still has a lot of equations on it. That probably means something!

Maybe? But I always sucked at chemistry, so I can't really make heads or tails of it.

Leave it to me then! I actually thought about being a chemist back in high school. I was great at it.

Really? Then by all means, go ahead.

Like that, Pig got to work, giving the whiteboard a thorough analysis. Meanwhile, my eyes were drawn to some odd graffiti written on one of the desks. 'CrRe'. By the looks of it, it hadn't been here for long. And the odd capitalized R...

We were in a chemistry classroom. It didn't take long for me to connect the dots. I found a periodic table and checked. Then I went over to the safe and input '2475'. As expected, it opened.

Hey, you got it open?

Yup.

I reached in and grabbed a token with the inscription 'Pig Minor Trinket' written on it.

Seems like we scored the jackpot.

How did you get that open?

Uh, I'm awesome.

That doesn't answer my question.

How does it not?

You know, forget it.

How many Trinkets do we have in total right now? Let's pile them together.

I did as she asked and put all the Trinkets I had on the table. There were a total of 2. Not great.

Alright, alright. Good to know. I'll hold onto these for now, keep them in one place.

Alright.

Like that, Pig put the Trinkets in her pocket.

The round's getting close to ending, right?

You're right. Let's input our actions then go back down to the cafeteria to meet up with everyone.

I thought things were settled, but just then, Pig spoke up.

Hey... Mouse.

Yes?

Your action should move you the same number of spaces as if you just chose to run normally, right?

Uh, presumably, if I hitch a ride on someone who just moves one space, yeah.

Is that really true?

Huh?

Don't you want to test it out, just to make sure?

I mean... it'd be nice to?

This round, why don't you try hitching a ride to me? That way, we'll get to see for sure if it works that way or not.

So, um, hitch a ride to me. That's my advice. Yeah.

Without saying another word, Pig exited the room, presumably to find another room to input her action in. It was certainly an... odd exchange. Pig was acting a little weird. So, should I take her up on her offer? The idea of testing out my ability was a bit tempting...

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Mix. posted:

Yeah, it was good. I mean, I went and did the thing that I intended to do and I did it so... yeah, it went well.

what a very normal and unsuspicious way to say things

let's go for a ride

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
Run, as usual.

Pig's being pretty blatantly suspicious... and it's entirely possible that she's hiding a Trinket Mouse isn't aware of (since Mouse wasn't with her during Round Two, it's possible she could have found one at that point and never told Mouse). Mouse showed the trinkets she had, but it looks like Pig immediately snagged them for herself and changed the subject.

I'm pretty sure this is the sixth round of actions (unless I'm miscounting somewhere), so everyone will be on the fifth "step" of the path pre-action. If Mouse hitches a ride, Pig will only be able to move 10 spots, to Step 15--she'd have quite a ways to go, but she'd also be making herself look blatantly, obviously suspicious... and she'd also give Dog a chance to use Rabid Leap in order to immediately cross the finish line.

It's possible that Pig's plan is to

1) Use Loser's Desperation, getting herself and Mouse to Step 15, which will be 9 spots ahead of Dog (assuming he Runs to Step 6), conveniently exactly enough to let him Rabid Leap directly to the finish line.
2) Immediately run to the others, claiming that Mouse threatened her into using Loser's Desperation (in hopes that the others would turn against Mouse, rather than Pig)
3) Get Dragon to use her ability on Dog to prevent him from jumping to victory (pointing out that Pig wouldn't be able to the finish line in the next few turns, since her ability is useless when she's in first place)
4) Just Run for the next few turns, trying to look cooperative
4.5) Killing Dragon and Dog would probably be a good idea, if Pig could find a way to do it and pin the blame on someone else
5) Attempt to Confess once she's close enough or figure out some other way to hop past the last few spaces

PepperedMoth fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 19, 2023

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeehaw, let's ride!

AcromaFireair
Jul 21, 2022
I say run. If Mouse hitches a ride, Pig might try to convince the others that whatever she's planning was actually Mouse's idea.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Run.

Pig is being suspicious as gently caress, no need for Mouse to look guilty too.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Ride or and die, baby!

quote:

Mouse: Although actually, studies have shown that justice against the criminal actually ultimately doesn't tend to give those affected by the crime that much peace.

Pig: But that's not always the case. I mean, look at the situation we're in.

Uh, Pig, I know you're being suspicious as hell with literally everything else, but is there something you want to share with the group here? Because nobody here, even Brian, seems to be having any peace.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
It would be nice to get more from Pig and Monkey, as they have been under the radar so far. So far it could be Pig's route, but the only other person she could be drawing inspiration/paranoia from is Monkey.

There are two trinkets, and Mouse is disappointed. Isn't that the quota for this group of two? They should be extremely happy?

Pig posted:

Alright, alright. Good to know. I'll hold onto these for now, keep them in one place.

Then Pig drops the ball even harder with an openly sus move.

Sure, you know what? We haven't met up with anyone else or checked the race status. We've been alone with Pig for hours at this point.

Let's just do what Pig says. Even if we get betrayed, shaking things up should drag the group back together again. Best case, Pig trusts us, and we get to proceed farther in this route.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Mouse and Pig have bonded over binge watching trashy TV shows, and are now Ride or die super best friends

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Run.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Run
Pig is clearly hiding something.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ride is probably the wrong decision but I wanna see how it plays out.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Run. I don't trust this at all and joining with Pig is just likely to make us a massive target for the others and get us tied up alongside Monkey.

Sybot
Nov 8, 2009
Run

Either Pig is up to something or Monkey is up to something and recruited her when she went back. Either way let's disrupt their plan.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Foxfire_ posted:

Mouse and Pig have bonded over binge watching trashy TV shows, and are now Ride or die super best friends

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
Run

One of two things is happening here. Either Pig is using her ability this round, and is suggesting we use ours to go with her because she wants us to win with her....or she's setting up something for next round, and this is a trick so she can use Monkey's ability, because she's probably either working with Monkey (as if Monkey is in last, the Desperate personality survives), or took her tablet when she went to "untie" her. Either way Pig is being very suspicious and the only reason to go along with her would be if we thought her victory was imminent, and that's what it took to survive.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

As badly as I want to get on Miss Piggy's Wild Ride, I think we better run.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
I say Ride. I like Pig, even when she's being incredibly suspicious.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Hmm. Pig's pretty suspicious, and if Snake's path was any potential indicator... Let's just Run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Pig is tricking us and will pin it on Mouse. Run!