Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

BG&E2 will never come out. Both because the game they're making isn't really BG&E2, and because that will also never come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I gotta be honest, I was not expecting the aliens to actually be aliens. Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe there actually are humans on the moon.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

last year i played the jp version of wario world because the final boss in the us version wasn't finished and i def recommend checking it out for anyone interested in wario world. the real final boss feels way more like a true Treasure boss battle and wario's voice is unchanged so you're still getting the most important part

Oh wow I just looked it up and yeah that's such a huge improvement, what the hell?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Last Celebration posted:

Souls games are all about “we take those kinds of wins”, you’re getting into the swing of things perfectly. Hope you continue to have fun with Elden Ring and then hopefully the other Souls games.

Escobarbarian posted:

love this story lmao

Thank you both, I am truly having a wonderful time in this game. Here is my live reaction to what was happening:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Motto posted:

BG&E2 will never come out. Both because the game they're making isn't really BG&E2, and because that will also never come out.

It was Ancel's baby and he left the industry over 2 years ago, so yeah, it REALLY isn't BG&E2, and yeah it will also never come out lol

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

where's that elden ring screenshot that had all the ubi ui slapped over it

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

the Wario talk also made me think of the weird song that plays during the first level of the GBA Wario Land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxbTVkuC7AM&t=469s

Yes, that sound quality is accurate to the real system.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wario Land chat - Pizza Tower is out in 2 weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlq6fFOqI28

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

How are you liking Roadwarden? I've been eyeballing it since I heard about it.

It's really cool! I feel like it respects my choices and trusts me to pay attention, reminds me of a certain SA GotY 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pentiment came 2nd...

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Wario Land chat - Pizza Tower is out in 2 weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlq6fFOqI28

Looking forward to this.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dabir posted:

where's that elden ring screenshot that had all the ubi ui slapped over it

edit: hold on i found a better one

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1614045252309876736?s=20

one last dance

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
so the Hitman 3 on Gamespass is just Hitmans 1-3 remastered, right? Or are there hitmanii before it, I can't tell if the mysterious past and characters they keep mentioning are from past games, or if they are supposed to be vague and mysterious to preserve the mystery of why this psychopath exists and does what the does.

I'm still in the Hitman 1 story part of the menu and the new levels keep surprising me, wasn't expectnig to be in some weird redneck colorado base and next up I'm in some dystopian luxury hotel in hokkaido wearing kimono and being watched by an AI. I liked the Colorado level but was starting to feel like a routine, maybe slightly more complicated costume switching sequences, but this next level is mixing things up it seems. Do the games keep adding new complexities and AI behaviour or is what I'm doing now basically what I'll be doing but with new levels?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

that's the stuff

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

the nucas posted:

i remember reading about this in Computer Games Strategy Plus magazine when i was a kid. i wasn't aware it was released, maybe i'll finally check it out

edit: i'm not sure why, but it looks like i already have this on steam. guess i have no reason not to check it out now

You might have the original PC release, which is also on Steam! If it controls like butt and refuses to boot correctly then that’s probably it lol

The Remastered version is pretty much a total re-work, and I’m pretty sure it’s not a free upgrade.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

Whenever my friend tries to show me something on FF14, it just looks like this to me

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Suikoden I & II HD Remaster: Gate Rune and Dunan Unification Wars!!!! You fool!!!! How could you have forgotten???? In the year of the JRPG of all things!

I don't play JRPGS but I honestly forgot starfield was coming out lol.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Blue Labrador posted:

Whenever my friend tries to show me something on FF14, it just looks like this to me

Same but monster hunter

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

This is annoying to me. Would pressing A here make you jump, or flip to the next tutorial page? Both?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://files.catbox.moe/yv3e57.webm

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Mode 7 posted:

Ubisoft have a gameplay thing up for Skull & Bones.

Great fuckin' UI, Ubisoft.

Hell yeah. Fortnite UI is the future.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Computers are evolving!

The animation on the new Trigun series is pretty much the first time I thought a CG only anime series didn't just looked good, but looked amazing.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

"I can't cook or clean, but I'll be your little friend."

She's just like me fr.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That Anime style is horrifying...

E: the robot announcer one

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I think it looks pretty nice. CG animation is getting better now it's embracing some of the expressive techniques of traditional animation.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Tunic: I beat the Frog Zone, and I thought the game had just been having frog guys hook shot me to annoy the hell out of me when they dragged me into a gank squad, not because my own Orb of Hookshooting *also* lets me do that and they wanted me to realize how useful it was.

Now I wonder how early on I could have gotten this. I think this is the first item I’ve found the entire game that actively serves to gate progression besides the sword (although the other stuff you find makes life much easier like the shield and magic staff), i noped out on the beach when I first stumbled on it because the giant birds/fairies seemed like a real bad time without a shield/staff but I guess if you’re good enough you can just beeline the Frog Zone/Hookshot Orb ASAP.

Also, question: if there are hidden properties with items that I can’t easily infer like how the dodge roll is also the dash button, or that you upgrade stats by using gold when you’re in front of a bonfire does the game eventually use manual pages to hint them all to you? I’m guessing “yes” but I just wanna make sure, I feel like the stick definitely has some fringe use since it’s still in my inventory instead of having been replaced outright with the sword, but I just wanna make sure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love One Piece: Odyssey. I can't tell you if it is a good game, just that it is a game that appears to have been made entirely to appeal to me, Jerusalem. It's a bold marketing strategy, let's see if it pays off for them!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

holy poo poo Romeos and Juliets

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Infinitum posted:

Computers are evolving!

The animation on the new Trigun series is pretty much the first time I thought a CG only anime series didn't just looked good, but looked amazing.

This animation is excellent but it doesn't feel like Trigun

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There's only 1 ep out, next is tomorrow, but Vash is feeling like Vash of old.

He's a huge dumb dork

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CGI is such a goddamn disaster.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve never liked Trigun

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's no Outlaw Star that's for sure

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

She'll never replace Clippy in our hearts

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

games to look forward to in 2023 (i already mentioned zeno clash 3):

cocoon - new game by the creator of limbo/inside (not the person who worked on somerville)
like a dragon ishin - i actually don't 100% love the yakuza series but it feels wrong not to include it on a list
octopath traveler 2 - idc what anyone says, i liked octopath more than bravely default. i will enjoy this one
atelier ryza 3 - it's more atelier
fatal frame zero - even if it's bad, it's more fatal frame
trails to azure - the last of the good trails games before they ditched the pre-rendered sprites and went with fail realtime 3d models
bat boy - shovel knighty game by the Smelter dev
rhythm sprout - music game with good beats, reminds me of harmoknight
the bookwalker - mix of first-person walking simulator and isometric adventure game
fall of porcupine - night in the woods but for the healthcare industry
gunbrella - reminds me of 2000s indie action games
the last case of benedict fox - spooky metroidvania
old skies - wadjet eye game
ereban shadow legacy - stelath game meets splatoon
flowstone saga - JRPG with tetris battles by zircon (many OCRemix tunes, also a VST programmer)
demonschool - isometric indie RPG inspired by SMT/Persona
ufo 50 - DEREK SAID THEY'RE WORKING ON IT, OKAY
lunark - indie Flashback
replaced - indie Flashback but it's super HD/processed ala The Last Night (but not by a chud)
small saga - rat RPG
animal well - metroidvania meets fez/tunic, lots of secrets
terra nil - unfuck the planet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

Ubisoft have a gameplay thing up for Skull & Bones.

Great fuckin' UI, Ubisoft.

This is meant to be a multiplayer competitive game right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I think I got gaming cancer watching that thing.

Assuming this game isn't canceled (its following the usual UBISoft trajectory of being quietly canceled), the UI will hopefully be trimmed way down. so much of the information shown could just be in menu's.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

This is meant to be a multiplayer competitive game right?

It was supposed to be the reason Sea of Thieves would fail, so yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

It was supposed to be the reason Sea of Thieves would fail, so yes

There is yet to be a good open world pirate game. :/