Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

verbal enema posted:

I restarted it cuz I was not fully watching the first four eps. I think I made it to ep 6?

The last one I remember fully is her playing on the street with Booze Babe.

Also whoever said in the Bocchi thread that one episode where they cut off her laugh at the end was right it was a perfect move

i think i knew i loved bocchi at the stock footage of dams when she throws up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The breakdown animation of her counting her family on her fingers never getting to five was tremendous

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Hiroi is easily a fav, I hope they release the full version of her kicking rad song soon, its hypnotic.

Someone made a instrumental cover and it's amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P71k3TEAfEo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm experiencing suletta mercury poisoning (because I haven't watched g witch in days)

Unfortunately it's one of those days where I sulk in bed to try to stave off the agony so it might not be today either. We'll see

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Patware posted:

zenigata only looks like a doofus when he's up against lupin, any other crimes that get in his way that i can recall seeing he basically solves without even looking so he can get back to LUPIIIIIIIIN

Sometimes he's portrayed as an outright dummy and hell, I miss himbo Zenigata.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

verbal enema posted:

The breakdown animation of her counting her family on her fingers never getting to five was tremendous

and her internal debate at counting the dog

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i missed getting a pic with a local news guy cuz i was too nervous :c

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ok i got out of bed and bought some tim tams but now I don't actually know what to do with myself.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I've never seen City Hunter but GET WILD is a banger.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

leather fedora posted:

I've never seen City Hunter but GET WILD is a banger.

If you watch it you'll learn it's even more of a banger in action because it starts to kick in before the credits roll!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

ok i got out of bed and bought some tim tams but now I don't actually know what to do with myself.

get high

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I bought a guitar so when this happens I play it so I have a skill to work on. I call it "Solo Leveling"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i did that last night and while it's nice to do that it more than not leads to me feeling very sulky and despondent the next day

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

i did that last night and while it's nice to do that it more than not leads to me feeling very sulky and despondent the next day

watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDFfBJpdvZY

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I'm experiencing suletta mercury poisoning (because I haven't watched g witch in days)

Unfortunately it's one of those days where I sulk in bed to try to stave off the agony so it might not be today either. We'll see
get high. by which i mean watch a different mecha anime

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I really miss John Candy. :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

homeless snail posted:

get high. by which i mean watch a different mecha anime

i have never actually watched any show featuring robot before except for the suletta mercury show

there's sure probably no shortage of robot to be had

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you could also get high, by way of elira pendoras 3d debut in about 45 minutes. wow. whoa.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

i have never actually watched any show featuring robot before except for the suletta mercury show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efxr8CX6aXU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Furnaceface posted:

I really miss John Candy. :(

that whole skit is gold RIP TO A LEGEND

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

verbal enema posted:

i missed getting a pic with a local news guy cuz i was too nervous :c

when I was a tiny little child, I was at an Astros game and I saw the Houston weatherman down in the seats generally being a cool dude. My cousin and I, maybe 7 years old, asked for an autograph because I was a goddamn bumpkin with meteorology dreams. He laughed us off and told us there was no way kids in these seats would want that from him and turned us away. My aunt worked for Enron had connections that got us lower bowl seats so the weather man just thought I was a weird rich kid. No sir, just a weird kid of average to below average income status. Thanks for stomping on my heart.

The memory still makes me laugh to this day, cause in hindsight it's a weird time and place and thing to ask of a dude who uh....isn't really important to anyone but me at the time. But man, as a kid I was absolutely shattered.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Anime is my anti-drug

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Anime is my anti-drug

Drugs have made my life better in every single way. the thing is, you have to put it in moderation.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Drugs have made my life better in every single way. the thing is, you have to put it in moderation.
Pharmaceuticals exist so that I may consume more anime.

Nothing against casual and informed drug use though, whatever works to get us through this clusterfuck we call life. :hmmyes:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think GaoGaiGar looks cool???

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
what was the mecha show were like one dude is transported with his mech to some water planet?

i remember getting close to finishing it but never doing so it wasnt that bad if i remember?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gargantia on the verdurous planet

it was okay but nothing special.

it was the first thing to have urobuchis name attached right after madoka so people were way too hyped about it and then it started a long line of shows listed as 'by gen urobuchi' because he sort of nodded at a producer once

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
getting pretty good with Makoto Nanaya if i do say so my self

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
is there any easy way to do full circle moves in fighting games with a ps4 controller :c

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I've always had to buffer 360s with a normal move so I don't jump during the upper half

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

verbal enema posted:

is there any easy way to do full circle moves in fighting games with a ps4 controller :c

to be honest i've never been able to pull off those kind of moves with any controller

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Gunbuster and diebuster are both very good

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i lost a bet and have to watch 'the detective is already dead', and now i feel like typing some words about it. i honestly thought the first episode was cool. it opens with a stewardess asking if there's a detective on the plane, which is a funny premise. in the first half (the episode is double length for some reason) the main character, a bland boring guy who inexplicably finds himself in weird situations, meets the titular detective and they fight a man with a robot tentacle ear who belongs to a secret society of terrorist androids on the plane. the second half they go to his schools culture festival to eat crepes and defeat a gang of toilet ghosts. it ends with them making a vow to go do stuff together that kind of reminds me of haruhi (she is looking for weird things, he has the uncanny ability to find weird stuff). it's completely nonsensical but i enjoyed how delirious it was. there's also a cool fight scene that you can click and watch if you want to look at neat animation for 45 seconds, and the detective girl is good at saying mean things to the main character.

the second episode starts with, for whatever reason, what appears to be a pretty blatant homage to the first episode of bakemonogatari, then the rest of the 9 episodes i've watched mostly just suck. there's still all sorts of incredibly weird stuff happening -- the detective shows up unexpectedly in a mech to fight a giant monster, there's a mexican standoff with an idol at her own concert, dio voices a plant alien -- but they tend to treat most of these things seriously and outside of some occasionally interesting direction it looks like poo poo. oh well.

also a part of the ost they use around action sequences and other serious moments sounds like the mortal kombat theme.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

what about eureka seven

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
anyways i hope everyone is as excited for The Detective Is Already Dead: Season 2, as i am

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

what about eureka seven

I have vague memories of watching it way back when it first aired but nothing concrete since it was almost 20 years ago

but I will watch more and more animes and I would like to become friends and Deepen my friendship with you all. life is short. let's be friend

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that detective show was my monkeys paw fault for constantly complaining about how they never adapt mystery LNs anymore, sorry

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Tales of Woe posted:

that detective show was my monkeys paw fault for constantly complaining about how they never adapt mystery LNs anymore, sorry

i forgive you. it's biggest sin is being dumb, which is a lot better than being boring or gross

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I have vague memories of watching it way back when it first aired but nothing concrete since it was almost 20 years ago

but I will watch more and more animes and I would like to become friends and Deepen my friendship with you all. life is short. let's be friend

You must watch My Roommate is a Cat first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
gen urobussy