Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

but only one of them has started a war recently.

when your view of time is really really really short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Do not use this thread to cope about bad news for your team

Is this a thread to talk about the war or not?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

doverhog posted:

I'm not pretending. Nato is preferable to Russia. Both are imperialist, but only one of them has started a war recently.

*starting wars is bad

:psyduck:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bundestag meeting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBTNyJ33LWI

doverhog
May 31, 2013

This is a lame rear end response, not comparable.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

crepeface posted:

does finland count as western europe

every finn should be chained to a tree and forced to watch their beloved herds of reindeer frolic without any sexual advances from the locals

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

but but but history started in 2016!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
The Earthquake relief operation was a scam

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Remember when a bunch of NATO countries attacked Libya for shits and giggles and turned it into a giant thunderdome? Me neither

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

That's kinda weak since it only seem to list official NATO mission instead of each individual countries and it is obviously missing Ukraine.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

not comparable.

:gb2gbs:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
That was a real pain in the rear end for Gaddafi hahaha

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

My support of the marvel country being dismantled by the imf is a moral stance and anyone not on board is a heckin chud

Thank you president Zelensky, cлава Украине.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

lol no Libya

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Remember when a bunch of NATO countries attacked Libya for shits and giggles and turned it into a giant thunderdome? Me neither

Not on the earthquake relief map, didn't happen

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

doverhog posted:

How do you feel about the revelation that the Minsk agreements were a sham negotiated in bad faith, Ukraine's western backers never wanted a peace agreement with Russia and helped Ukraine to actively subvert the negotiated settlements which they knew would inevitably lead to a war with Russia?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

doverhog posted:

well yea it wasn't mostly white people dying

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
i hope every one of our beloved gbs comrades experiences the warm and comforting embrace that nato brought the people of libya

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Gaddafi, a dictator, was using his air force to suppress a popular uprising. NATO intervened. Maybe in hindsight it would've been better to let Gaddafi bomb the rebels, but it is nothing like Russia invading another sovereign nation.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Lostconfused posted:

Thank you president Zelensky, cлава Украине.

Give me a billion dollars and gently caress off

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Starsfan posted:

How do you feel about the revelation that the Minsk agreements were a sham negotiated in bad faith, Ukraine's western backers never wanted a peace agreement with Russia and helped Ukraine to actively subvert the negotiated settlements which they knew would inevitably lead to a war with Russia?

There was nothing inevitable about it. Putin chose war, because he is a megalomaniac nazi.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

doverhog posted:

Gaddafi, a dictator, was using his air force to suppress a popular uprising. NATO intervened. Maybe in hindsight it would've been better to let Gaddafi bomb the rebels, but it is nothing like Russia invading another sovereign nation.

lol this is obviously a bit, tuning out.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Starsfan posted:

tbqh I don't think they actually thought that it would inevitably lead to war

I think they thought it would lead to a perpetual state of loving around while Ukraine remained a semi-warzone.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

NATO intervened.

doverhog posted:

but it is nothing like Russia invading another sovereign nation.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
if only ukraine had joined the defensive alliance NATO before 2014, they would have been protected from a coup. :sigh:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Planes don't touch the ground. Not an invasion

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

doverhog posted:

I too have a tiny baby's understanding of world affairs.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
the illegitimate post-coup government of ukraine responded to a popular uprising in the east by unleashing a campaign of genocidal extermination that was only stopped by the intervention of the russian federation

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Wish I'd been old enough and there'd been an internet in 1989 so I could find out about all of the weird maneuvers surrounding German reunification back in the day.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

crepeface posted:

if only ukraine had joined the defensive alliance NATO before 2014, they would have been protected from a coup. :sigh:

Sadly they did not have that option. If only they had, then the nuclear deterrent would have been used on Ukraine side, instead of a militarily weak Russia using their Soviet relics to extort non-intervention from the vastly superior West.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
just like anarchists love every communist uprising except the ones that succeed, libs love to rend their garments over genocides except for the ones that were successfully halted

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Malleum posted:

the illegitimate post-coup government of ukraine responded to a popular uprising in the east by unleashing a campaign of genocidal extermination that was only stopped by the intervention of the russian federation

Oh good now that it's over Russia can call off the war

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Zeroisanumber posted:

Wish I'd been old enough and there'd been an internet in 1989 so I could find out about all of the weird maneuvers surrounding German reunification back in the day.

My favourite reunification scam was converting the Ostmark to Deutschmarks at 1:1 which boosted the savings of ossis but also made all their businesses quadruple their debt. Sorry, none of your industries are viable, too much debt. Hope you can live on your savings forever

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

Private Cumshoe posted:

Oh good now that it's over Russia can call off the war

its an ongoing peacekeeping mission just like the one nato set up in kosovo, sorry there are rules to these kinds of things

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

doverhog posted:

Sadly they did not have that option. If only they had, then the nuclear deterrent would have been used on Ukraine side, instead of a militarily weak Russia using their Soviet relics to extort non-intervention from the vastly superior West.

Put your dick back in your pants

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

doverhog posted:

What situation is that? The war Putin started, and is losing, by every imaginable metric?

oh did Ukraine take back all their territory? nice. i mustve missed that, been too busy reading the important stuff like the ukrainian beaver division

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Endman posted:

I too have a tiny baby's understanding of world affairs.

Is your next move gonna be to say actually Assad is in the right?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

tbqh I don't think they actually thought that it would inevitably lead to war

I think they thought it would lead to a perpetual state of loving around while Ukraine remained a semi-warzone.

When Angela Merkel comes out and admits that the primary aim for the settlement was to give Ukraine and the west time to build up for war, and that the western parties to the treaty never intended to follow any part of it, and that they actively aided Ukraine in breaking the treaty and covered it up, I'll take her at her word. You can argue whether they expected Russia take the initiative and invade Ukraine "unprovoked" but by their actions they were clearly anticipating a future war and the provocations were going to continue happening until they got something like what they wanted.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

doverhog posted:

Is your next move gonna be to say actually Assad is in the right?

thats right bitch, the lion of damascus stands tall above every single simpering freak the west imported to loot and rape the free peoples of syria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

My favourite reunification scam was converting the Ostmark to Deutschmarks at 1:1 which boosted the savings of ossis but also made all their businesses quadruple their debt. Sorry, none of your industries are viable, too much debt. Hope you can live on your savings forever

loving Jeezzus!