Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

duz posted:

I just love these small diversions into other media.

surely not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hojv0m3TqA&t=61s

but maybe...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

:perfect:

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Chapter 35: class change time.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

narm00 posted:

Chapter 35: class change time.

poor kita and nijika, having to wrangle their respective dumbass counterparts

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Started watching and am absolutely loving this, but I gotta say, Tumblr has really let me down in the gif department. The Bocchi tag is desolate and that's a shame

Edit: nevermind, I was searching a misspelled tag :cripes:

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 11, 2023

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Happy Landfill posted:

Started watching and am absolutely loving this, but I gotta say, Tumblr has really let me down in the gif department. The Bocchi tag is desolate and that's a shame

Edit: nevermind, I was searching a misspelled tag :cripes:

Also check out #BTRBandParody on Twitter if you haven't already, there are some real gems there.

In fact you know what, lemme just post some of my favorites real quick.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bocchi wish you were here hits a bit harder given Syd Barret

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

An episode next season should be about Bocchi discovering Linkin Park and having to work up the nerve to rap a verse over their new song because Ryo and Nijika won’t and Kita can’t because she has to be the singer

edit: Lotta 90s kids in this trend

https://twitter.com/outhaleart/status/1612162226760159234?s=61&t=t507H35AV21OL3M4vdTY0Q

https://twitter.com/shootforbrains/status/1612270572301615105?s=61&t=t507H35AV21OL3M4vdTY0Q

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jan 11, 2023

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Never mind I found the winner

https://twitter.com/azertyjf/status/1608299027606519809?s=61&t=t507H35AV21OL3M4vdTY0Q

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I saw one parody cover of Sleater Kinney's Dig Me Out, which I love unconditionally. More Riot Grrl Bocchi covers!! :rock: :guitar:

Super dig the music in this show! Both ops and endings feel like they would slot right in on an anime mix CD I'd make in high school, right between some Pillows and God Knows. They sound like songs that i would desperately try to find available on someone's fansite (before i knew how to torrent). I would totally listen to these songs on repeat on the bus ride home or in my study hall class where they let us listen to music if we wanted :shobon:

I'm only halfway through the season but im pretty sure this is going to be a 10/10 for me. Does anyone know if the manga is avaliable officially to read online somewhere, or only :pirate:

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 11, 2023

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
No official English translation as yet.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I have a stupid question. In the Mangadex pages with 8 panels, do you read them like:

2 1
4 3
6 5
8 7

or

5 1
6 2
7 3
8 4

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Mons Hubris posted:

I have a stupid question. In the Mangadex pages with 8 panels, do you read them like:

2 1
4 3
6 5
8 7

or

5 1
6 2
7 3
8 4

The latter, I think.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Mons Hubris posted:

2 1
4 3
6 5
8 7

or

5 1
6 2
7 3
8 4

the second

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Mons Hubris posted:

2 1
4 3
6 5
8 7

or

5 1
6 2
7 3
8 4

the second, think of each page as two 4-panel comic strips, printed top to bottom

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Cool, thanks. That's what I thought but then it sort of seemed to make sense the other way too most of the time.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Caught up on the thread! As an aside, does anyone happen to have at hand the shipping/relationship chart? I remember glancing at it once before the show started and now I wanna see it again now that I have context for the jokes.

Also for anyone that wanted it, someone made an edit of "That Band" but with Bocchi's intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogM6HD0GYkw

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

manga: bocchi's new "rival" is excellent

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I know a lot of other shy introverts are like "just like me fr" w.r.t Bocchi but Ryo is no slouch either in instilling second hand embarrassment; I have some very embarrassing memories of bumming money off people the same exact way without the excuse of buying cool poo poo with it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the main difference being that ryo simply doesn't care!

Agronox posted:

manga: bocchi's new "rival" is excellent

she fills out the cringey weirdo spectrum quite nicely

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah the more recent translated chapters do a good job of rounding out the cast and getting some good Bocchi (and Kita) growth as well.

Really can't wait for the anime to unleash Poison Yami though.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Just caught up with the anime tonight and I'm so in love with this show :swoon: definitely going to check out the manga

In the spirit of the parody album covers I would love for some ambitious fan animator to do a parody of this Sleater-Kinney/Bob Burgers crossover video, except instead of Tina, Louise and Gene it could be Bocchi's sister, Seika and Kikuri, or something

https://youtu.be/Kc1htX3q-F0

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I think the biggest difference between the manga and the anime is that the anime seems all in on Bocchita in a way the manga either can’t properly show or isn’t committed to. By the end of episode 12 I was completely on that train because of how much they both inspire and improve each other and grow closer, and then I went to read the manga and it doesn’t quite have the same vibe, even as I got beyond the chapters the anime covered.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
They all got some moments where they meet Bocchi's emotional needs in different ways. Like Ryo is particularly subtle at it, where I think like she seems to know when Hitori needs a breather. I''m kinda drawing a blank on most of Nijika's interactions with bocchi, but the one where she knows Bocchi is Guitarhero and they have a heart to heart there is pretty deep for them I think.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nijika's is very much the force pushing the band forward and thus pushing Bocchi forward in the band. Kita's more pushing Bocchi to be more open and social but can't really do that for the band as she's still very much learning how to play/sing as well

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Yeah I was thinking that but didn't quite feel quite right to me, because that felt more indirect. But starting to read the manga a little and I think what Nijika offers is an anchor. She's a bit more normal and conscious of things compared to the different kinds of obliviousness of Kita and Ryo and is better positioned to act as a sort of foil to Bocchi's and bring her back to reality.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

nijika's also the driving force behind bocchi realizing she wants to do this for other people too and not just herself

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah the more recent translated chapters do a good job of rounding out the cast and getting some good Bocchi (and Kita) growth as well.

Really can't wait for the anime to unleash Poison Yami though.

I really liked the sleep over chapter where even cheery and positive Kita got so weirded out by Bocchi’s cubby with pictures of her band mates all over it she immediately skedaddled

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Caught up on the thread! As an aside, does anyone happen to have at hand the shipping/relationship chart? I remember glancing at it once before the show started and now I wanna see it again now that I have context for the jokes.
this one?
https://twitter.com/emulate_love/status/1611817322746114048

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Sadly not that one.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I haven't finished this yet but I've watched the bocchi solo in ep 8 a hundred times and will do so for at least a hundred times more

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Coaaab posted:

I haven't finished this yet but I've watched the bocchi solo in ep 8 a hundred times and will do so for at least a hundred times more

Yeah! I've been adding some of the songs to my phone for when I'm out and about and absolutely had the Bocchi solo version of That Band.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Chapters 36 and 37, with Kessoku Band accepting an invite to perform at another live house... although maybe Nijika should have done her research first.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

narm00 posted:

Chapters 36 and 37, with Kessoku Band accepting an invite to perform at another live house... although maybe Nijika should have done her research first.

I was genuinely worried that it was going to be horrible scam, but luckily it was just another dumbass the manager knows

If I have one complaint about these chapters though? Not enough Bocchi. In every panel where she doesn't appear the rest of the band should be asking where's Bocchi

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

let nijika get shredded, cowards

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/numetal_moment/status/1614002788761231360

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I hate how much I kind of like that

God nu-metal was a disaster

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Happy Landfill posted:

God nu-metal was a disaster

Rap metal was a disaster. No, you do not need a turn table solo in the middle of your song, stop that.

Nu-metal wasn't that bad. Liking it is a bit like a particularly bad fart dropped in a crowded room: Deny everything in public, but you're still a little happy inside after it was all over.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

the goon music snob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbdh0Qm_5A0