Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

doverhog posted:

Is your next move gonna be to say actually Assad is in the right?

Bold of you to take the side of isis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

doverhog posted:

I don't know who that is; as I said, I have a tiny baby's understanding of world affairs.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Malleum posted:

the illegitimate post-coup government of ukraine responded to a popular uprising in the east by unleashing a campaign of genocidal extermination that was only stopped by the intervention of the russian federation

:nice:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Bold of you to take the side of isis

I take the side of the Kurds.

*which is not with Assad or Isis

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Starsfan posted:

When Angela Merkel comes out and admits that the primary aim for the settlement was to give Ukraine and the west time to build up for war, and that the western parties to the treaty never intended to follow any part of it, and that they actively aided Ukraine in breaking the treaty and covered it up, I'll take her at her word. You can argue whether they expected Russia take the initiative and invade Ukraine "unprovoked" but by their actions they were clearly anticipating a future war and the provocations were going to continue happening until they got something like what they wanted.

not just her! the previous president poroshenko too

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

I take the side of the Kurds.

then you are defiantly not pro nato

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

doverhog posted:

doverhog, would you say that assad must go

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lmao

doverhog posted:

I am making the argument that support of Ukraine, even extreme support to our own immediate detriment, is a moral good. The issue at play is not just whether Russia can conquer Ukraine, it is whether a fascist Dictator can invade another country, suffer "the consequences", and still win.

Putin must lose, utterly and indefensibly. Ideally he should die, but if that doesn't happen fast enough he might surrender his leadership to someone who then admits Russia was wrong and pays reparations to Ukraine and surrenders Russian soldiers to an international court to be tried for war crimes.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I stand opposed to Ukraine's imperialist annexation of independent Crimea in 1995

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Private Cumshoe posted:

Oh good now that it's over Russia can call off the war

How can Russia unilaterally call off the war when Ukraine refuses to come to the negotiating table and discuss terms? Ukraine won't even accept a 36 hour cease fire proposal to respect a religious holiday. Russia claims to be willing to negotiate an end of the war with all interested parties, why isn't there more pressure in the west on Ukraine and NATO to put an end to the misery?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Private Cumshoe posted:

Oh good now that it's over Russia can call off the war

donestsk is still being shelled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Ec7LHp5Zg

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

crepeface posted:

doverhog, would you say that assad must go

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Malleum posted:

thats right bitch, the lion of damascus stands tall above every single simpering freak the west imported to loot and rape the free peoples of syria

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I stand by every word.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

this guy has a humiliation fetish and is 100% beating off

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol I mean, the subtext of Ukrainian refusal IMO is that they officially moved the date of Christmas this year and all of the other looney tunes stuff they are doing to avenge Franz Ferdinand and/or Bandera. The truce was offered in observance of the date used by the Church they are persecuting increasingly in the open.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Frosted Flake posted:

lol I mean, the subtext of Ukrainian refusal IMO is that they officially moved the date of Christmas this year and all of the other looney tunes stuff they are doing to avenge Franz Ferdinand and/or Bandera. The truce was offered in observance of the date used by the Church they are persecuting increasingly in the open.

the ukraine is attempting to eradicate your language, your culture, your faith and your life but don't call it a genocide and don't you dare fight back

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I seem to remember similar things happened in Bosnia and Kosovo but that can’t be right, can it?

:thunk:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Malleum posted:

the ukraine is attempting to eradicate your language, your culture, your faith and your life but don't call it a genocide and don't you dare fight back

Shooting back at the nazi militias is genocide

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lmao

doverhog posted:

Even in that case, some waste would be acceptable, as long as the ultimate goal, denying Russia and all dictators their idea "I can just ignore laws" is accomplished. The war is not just about Ukraine.

It is an existential conflict between western democracy and what-ever the gently caress Putin is doing
. It can not be lost.

oh uhh

doverhog posted:

They are a cost that Putin must pay, and they should be much harsher. There are still lots of Russian connected property around the world that has not been seized and nationalized. Germany still pays Russia for gas, etc.

Right now there are Russian tourists in the EU, they should all get their visas revoked. Any Russian that wants a visa in the future should have to sign a pledge where they condemn Putin and the war. Does that sound too harsh? Ok just no visas for Russians until Russia stops the war and gives back the areas already occupied.

female what now

doverhog posted:

What you guyes think about this btw? https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11881046 IMO it's good that the machine of violence will use female soft deceptions to kill Russians in the event of war.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Russia is currently winning, that is undeniable, but once the NATO armour gets there? they're finished

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Lostconfused posted:

cлава Украине.

also lol

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
More blood, more death. Kill them all in the name of democracy and humanity

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I'm just confused because usually the NATO stans are really big on the rule of law and the international order built on treaties stuff and yet they don't seem to hold their own team to the same standards, seems like the real menace to world security is if nobody can trust anyone else to do what they agree to do.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

speng31b posted:

female what now

It was an ironic statement about how women are perceived as having more "soft power" by the Finnish defense forces.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

doverhog posted:

I stand by every word.

Please read this book to educate yourself on the history of this conflict before comin in here ignorant

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

doverhog posted:

Is this a thread to talk about the war or not?

If you wish to post your hottest hopium or copium takes here go ahead. Just pretend that everyone in the thread is clapping politely every time you hit the post button for maximum effect.

Also

doverhog
May 31, 2013

DancingShade posted:

If you wish to post your hottest hopium or copium takes here go ahead. Just pretend that everyone in the thread is clapping politely every time you hit the post button for maximum effect.

If I can educate you and have fun at the same time, why not. CSPAM is not an eccho chamber right? I will know tho, once responses are reduced to lmao, I won.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

you can't fight here, this is the war thread

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's kind of incredible how through all the fog of war and dueling propaganda, you can chart the course of the war perfectly by the frequency of gbs retards invading the thread to complain to Putin's manager

It's like how a hundred people in a pub can correctly guess the number of jellybeans in a jar if you take the median

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

doverhog, what is your favorite flavor of ice cream

doverhog
May 31, 2013

redneck nazgul posted:

doverhog, what is your favorite flavor of ice cream

Salmiakk.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

doverhog posted:

If I can educate you and have fun at the same time, why not. CSPAM is not an eccho chamber right? I will know tho, once responses are reduced to lmao, I won.

lmao

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The calmNATO

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Slavvy posted:

It's kind of incredible how through all the fog of war and dueling propaganda, you can chart the course of the war perfectly by the frequency of gbs retards invading the thread to complain to Putin's manager

It's like how a hundred people in a pub can correctly guess the number of jellybeans in a jar if you take the median

Whenever something is going terribly for the USA in Ukraine, in come GBS to try and play the distraction game. Every time.

So poo poo must be appalling right now.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Putin: lmao

Doverhog: Ukraine has already won

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Slavvy posted:

they keep hearing that all of putins boyfriends post here and they're right

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

that sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Really need some kind of cheat sheet image that has a bunch of Ukraine troops with Nazi symbols, fascist Ukrainian laws, that kind of thing to post at them instead of having to do the tiresome five pages of words method