Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Maneck posted:

You're right, but I saw someone running beast in a move deck today which got mileage out of what there is. They hit their combo and man, it was pretty good. Iron fist middle, human torch played right, bounces to middle. Hulk buster gets dropped middle. Beast scoops it all up. T6 drops Iron Fist, with vulture right getting bumped to mid, Dr. Strange left pulling a now beefed up Vulture left. And then the rest of the free cards wherever it hurt most. Also means he didn't have priority.

I don't have Beast so I'm trying Falcon. It's a bit more specific, but it might work out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Thoughts on a replacement for Mysterio here? That's the only card I lack.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I don’t have Doc Ock but I don’t think I’ve ever had him used against me where it didn’t backfire spectacularly for the other person, lol.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea doc ock only works if the cards didn’t still get their on reveals. Or bar sinister

I tried him as a Wong counter once. Didn’t go well!

Minority I’m sure but I really think a good change is any card not PLAYED should lose it’s on reveal

Ongoing is fine.

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 13, 2023

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Quackles posted:

I don't have Beast so I'm trying Falcon. It's a bit more specific, but it might work out?

Maybe? Beast reduces the cost of things he picks up, so those 1s become free drops.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

TengenNewsEditor posted:

I don't think Ultron is a super-high priority buy for an early pool 3 player, Patriot is good enough without it. Better to look for cards that open up other archetypes so you don't get bored playing one deck.

Ultron is crazy good for Patriot. Mystique too. And Wasp, she's the best and I love her <3

I wouldn't recommend buying any of them though, just because I don't recommend buying any pool 3 card.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Domino was recommended by the author. I think I tried out her and scorpion as well (scorpion can screw over shang chi usage though)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Xguard86 posted:

I think Ego takes priority. This was asked on Reddit and I think that was the answer

I can confirm that this is the case.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Opopanax posted:

That might have been me that's my winning Strat right now. Galactus is just so uncounterable I don't see how anyone is winning 8 cubes with him unless they're playing bots

Here’s an example.

Think the dude thought the goblins were just to take advantage of the location and then his Leader would get him a surefire win.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

uXs posted:

Ultron is crazy good for Patriot. Mystique too. And Wasp, she's the best and I love her <3

I wouldn't recommend buying any of them though, just because I don't recommend buying any pool 3 card.

If I can get Invisible Woman-Patriot-Mystique-Ultron down in a single lane and leave the rest open, I'll win most of the time

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Opopanax posted:

If I can get Invisible Woman-Patriot-Mystique-Ultron down in a single lane and leave the rest open, I'll win most of the time

I have won more games than I want to admit running a game like this when Dark Dimension reveals. T1 pass. T2 pass. T3 snap and patriot on Dark. T4 Mystique on Dark. T6 Blue Marvel on Dark. T6 Ultron on Dark.

The amount of people who just don't pick up on what's going on is staggering.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
With the news that some cards will not cascade I've switched it up to saving tokens. Previously I was buying key pool 3 cards but now I think saving them is the smartest play because you're prob never going to get some of the big bads w/o the shop.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

holy poo poo i just lost a game to m'baku :haw:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

team overhead smash posted:

Here’s an example.

Think the dude thought the goblins were just to take advantage of the location and then his Leader would get him a surefire win.

The 'bad' locations are so good for Galactus. A location that makes my Goblins even more negative or that my opponent doesn't want to play in? Yes, please!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I finally got enough tokens to buy Patriot from the store, thank god

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

New Leaf posted:

I've been playing a version this deck for most of this season and have been having a lot of success with it. It's also a lot of fun to play.

I don't have Mysterio either, and at first I was using Domino but she didn't seem to be adding much and I was worried about her making it harder to draw Sara.

I subbed in Star Lord instead, and I've found he fits into the deck really well. I save him until Turn 6 after dropping Sara, and it's usually a lot easier to guess where the opponent will be dropping a card that turn making him a 1/5 while buffing up Bishop and/or Angela.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

I finally got enough tokens to buy Patriot from the store, thank god

I blew 3k credits last night trying to get the last 100 tokens I need for Polaris and got exactly 0 :toot:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Jokymi posted:

I've been playing a version this deck for most of this season and have been having a lot of success with it. It's also a lot of fun to play.

I don't have Mysterio either, and at first I was using Domino but she didn't seem to be adding much and I was worried about her making it harder to draw Sara.

I subbed in Star Lord instead, and I've found he fits into the deck really well. I save him until Turn 6 after dropping Sara, and it's usually a lot easier to guess where the opponent will be dropping a card that turn making him a 1/5 while buffing up Bishop and/or Angela.

Wow, Star Lord is actually sick for this deck, good call

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Hauki posted:

I blew 3k credits last night trying to get the last 100 tokens I need for Polaris and got exactly 0 :toot:
It’s weird because I actually got another new card
(not a variant) before I got more tokens

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
After playing an Ultron deck to knock out the season pass missions I decided to go a little zany with a deck. I am trying to make a deck that really messes with your opponent's hand while still giving you bonuses for doing so. I've just played about six games in a row and won five of them, so I'm having fun even if I know it's probably not that good.

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Morbius
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Moon Knight
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Black Cat
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (5) Leech
# (5) Black Bolt
# (6) Odin
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGFkeVNpZiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2hvc3RSaWRlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhY2tDYXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25LbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWNrQm9sdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVlY2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vcmJpdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifV19

I realized after the fact I basically built a Hela deck without the Hela, but it still works in its own weird way. Mainly trying to discard the opponent's cards and use Lady Sif into Ghost Rider to cheat out a big card early. If you don't draw any of the big cards early you have a decent chance of discarding Black Cat which works in a pinch. The new card Stature that is eventually coming would work great in this deck with Moon Knight and Black Bolt buffing her. (Stature is a 5/7 that costs 1 if your opponent discarded anything this game.)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s weird because I actually got another new card
(not a variant) before I got more tokens

Every set of 4 boxes will be either a card, credit, tokens, or cosmetics. So in a set of 8 boxes you could open a card on box 1 and 8 or on box 4 and 5, for instance.

King of the Cosmos posted:

I am trying to make a deck that really messes with your opponent's hand while

where the Widow

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Bottom Liner posted:

where the Widow

After I read this I checked the shop to see if she was in there so I could grab it right away. No dice. I'm still missing about half of the Series 3 cards. But drat, you could Black Widow into Lady Sif(who discards Odin), then Ghost Rider into Odin and just fill their whole hand. That's the dream.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Maneck posted:

You're right, but I saw someone running beast in a move deck today which got mileage out of what there is. They hit their combo and man, it was pretty good. Iron fist middle, human torch played right, bounces to middle. Hulk buster gets dropped middle. Beast scoops it all up. T6 drops Iron Fist, with vulture right getting bumped to mid, Dr. Strange left pulling a now beefed up Vulture left. And then the rest of the free cards wherever it hurt most. Also means he didn't have priority.

I'd never even thought about using Beast until this post, now I've slotted it into my movement deck and it's pretty fuckin gross. It really helps make Cloak/Torch into some straight busted poo poo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah an extra Iron Fist is pretty golden

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hauki posted:

That's unlucky. You must have got tokens in box 1 of the block you were in and box 4 of the next block.

Re: M'Baku - KMBest just got the most legendary M'Baku ever when he won two lanes with it. It won the lane it landed in, and being removed from the deck shrank his opponent's Darkhawk to break a tie in another.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Opponent snapped and played debrii into bar sinister.

Btw has anyone else got lamentus in about half their games today?

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 14, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The lesson here is don't Leader a Surfer deck. He snapped on Turn 1 thinking he had it. Didn't even need Sera thanks to Superflow.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

the_american_dream posted:

Opponent snapped and played debrii into bar sinister.

Btw has anyone else got lamentus in about half their games today?

Nope, but I've seen Space Throne 4 times in about 14 games.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Opopanax posted:

Yeah an extra Iron Fist is pretty golden

Free fist is sweet but man does an extra Cloak make a crazy amount of difference. I've also twice now hit a cloak on 5 with New York as one of the locations, and having full movement to 2 different spaces is some impossible mental math for most opponents, I've done some *very* confusing things haha

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Movement is great when you can wrap your head around it. I do wish there was a way to move units to the right other than Cloak or New York/Bifrost.

Also Beast is great for Angela/Bishop or any character whose stats increase since they keep those increases after going back into your hand. A 1/8 Angela that you can continue to buff is powerful.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Jokymi posted:

I've built my own version of this deck, and I have titled it, "I'm Losing!"

Extra rule: At the start of turn 6, emote "I'm Losing!" whatever the circumstances.

Occasionally it's even true.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
OK this was hilarious Grand Central pulled the opponent's Enchantress disabling both Zabu and Dino

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I don’t understand why this game is now putting variants in the token shop

The new card it put in there is a Knullified Variant of Thor for 5000 tokens. Shameless.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don’t understand why this game is now putting variants in the token shop

The new card it put in there is a Knullified Variant of Thor for 5000 tokens. Shameless.

This has been true from the start of the token shop, it’s just very rare. It’s a 2.5% chance for the shop to show you an “Ultimate Variant” on any given rotation assuming you are not S3 complete.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Win one location with one card sucks, let alone 15 times. Time to dust off Dracula.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Ninurta posted:

Win one location with one card sucks, let alone 15 times. Time to dust off Dracula.

My Moon Girl / Devil Dino isn't working out like it used to for that. Something always comes up.. Losing cubes left and right.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Just use ol' reliable (destroyer)

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

win rounds with only one location 0/15

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Got my second Pool 4 card today from a reserve: M'Baku. My first one was Maria Hill. I'm doing well enough with a Sera-Surfer deck, so I'm just bitching.

That being said: goddamn there are a half-dozen "run-of-the-mill" Pool 3 cards I'd rather have than these two "rarities".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I just got a random Sauron out of a box but I don't have Mary or Attuma. Seems kind of useless with just Maw and Skull.