Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

its crazy that russia lost that 40,000 men on the river bank after running out of guns, ammunition, missiles and currency but yet they still continue to fight on

maybe their war enthusiasm is bugged, paradox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

CongoJack posted:

still waiting to see the metrics by which Russia is losing the war, I heard it was all of them.

Failure to establish a land bridge and water supply to Crimea.
Lughansk oblast remains in the hands of the Ukraine.
Russia's economy collapsed, the ruble is rubble.
Putin no longer considered sexiest man in Russia.
Finland confident enough to put the swastika back on it's airforce.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i see the thread got a new "Nato is a defense union, with no imperialist intentions" guy

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ItohRespectArmy posted:

its crazy that russia lost that 40,000 men on the river bank after running out of guns, ammunition, missiles and currency but yet they still continue to fight on

maybe their war enthusiasm is bugged, paradox?

Yeah there are some script errors in the mod pack.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I wish I was this dog right now.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

doverhog posted:

Their goal was to conquer Kyiv quickly instead they are doing conscription and pulling back. How is that not a loss?

im sure the upwards of 100,000 dead ukrainians appreciate the loss they have dealt

wait no they dont appreciate it theyre loving dead

only one of these countries has had an entire generation hollowed out, has sold off all of their public utilities and in some cases literally mortgaged their future

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

What does House Marik have to say about the invasion?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

DancingShade posted:

Yeah there are some script errors in the mod pack.

its so hard to find a good mod to play now as a Ukrainian nationalist

oh well, back to TNO

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Slavvy posted:

Yeah anyone got any kind of info on this? Seems bad, what are the chances it's one of them local resistance groups NATO helpfully activated?

crepeface posted:

*banging forks on the dinner table* gladio! gladio! gladio!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the only real losers of this war are the posters

and also all the people blown up and immiserated

but especially the posters

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Lots of "Ukraine has already won / Russia has already lost" talk going around lately.. real winners don't have to tell themselves over and over again that they are winning

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

A big flaming stink posted:

im sure the upwards of 100,000 dead ukrainians appreciate the loss they have dealt

wait no they dont appreciate it theyre loving dead

only one of these countries has had an entire generation hollowed out, has sold off all of their public utilities and in some cases literally mortgaged their future

Russia has turned itself into a shunned poo poo country, soon to be a vassal state of China, and they didn't even get Kyiv.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Soledar was a weakness that Ukraine could ill afford, much like the perfidious Ukrainian-Hungarians.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

doverhog posted:

Russia has turned itself into a shunned poo poo country, soon to be a vassal state of China, and they didn't even get Kyiv.

yeah cause they were going to get a fair shake from the west before this, like the time they asked to join NATO and enter a new and friendly era with the West and they were told to gently caress off and go die in their corner.

**and then the west created a Nazi regime on their border that immediately went about persecuting ethnic Russians lol

***I'm sorry, ethnic Russians amongst other minority populations, the kind which are also unpopular in many other European countries

Starsfan has issued a correction as of 08:56 on Jan 14, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
ok this guy is gonna be a hoot

Weka
May 5, 2019

doverhog posted:

War's not over.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cuttlefush posted:

the only real losers of this war are the posters

and also all the people blown up and immiserated

but especially the posters

This war will be won or lost entirely on the internet, specifically this thread. I'm proud of all of you men.

(a single tear falls, Russian sounding anthem plays in the background but who knows which one it is, all those eastern EU countries are basically the same)

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Cuttlefush posted:

ok this guy is gonna be a hoot

I'm gonna sleep at some point and do something else so don't get your hopes too high.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
I wish this reindeer-rodgerer would stop making GBS threads up the orc thread with off topic posts

Weka
May 5, 2019

doverhog posted:

Russia is still good friends with BRICS, that's half the world you western chauvinist.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Turtle Watch posted:

I wish this reindeer-rodgerer would stop making GBS threads up the orc thread with off topic posts

Isn't this sort of behaviour forbidden by decree of dear leader?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
his rapsheet is good

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

doverhog posted:

Is your next move gonna be to say actually Assad is in the right?

War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
im so sad that im shunned by the 15% of the world that is the US's little bitches

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Weka posted:

Majorian likes it when people from GBS and D&D come into this thread. The only people with more contempt for this thread than the GBSers and D&D'ers are Majorian and Calibanibal

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Weka posted:

Russia is still good friends with BRICS, that's half the world you western chauvinist.

That's only half the world because Russia is so big

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

i assume most of ukraine smells like this anyway

love this pic

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Starsfan posted:

Majorian likes it when people from GBS and D&D come into this thread. The only people with more contempt for this thread than the GBSers and D&D'ers are Majorian and Calibanibal

calibanibal is mia

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

doverhog posted:

Their goal was to conquer Kyiv quickly instead they are doing conscription and pulling back. How is that not a loss?

You're doing it wrong

The key here is to make fun of russia losing and eating poo poo, but leave enough space for you to say 'dang I knew they would win this what a shame' when/if they turn things around.

as sun tzu always said:- " You cant be wrong when you're always right"

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
al-saqr thought still on top

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
there's a lot to be learned about the power of turning adversaries into allies while watching each season of NARUTO

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

doverhog posted:

yes, the world hates russia for protecting ethnic minorities.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Starsfan posted:

and yet we cannot post syqs

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Weka posted:

I am calling them a caribou harasser not because they are finnish, some of whom are undoubtedly fine people, but because of their love for NATO, because NATO has a well documented history of bothering and disturbing the noble beasts.

NATO's Invasion: Air Combat Training and its Impact on the Innu

https://www.culturalsurvival.org/publications/cultural-survival-quarterly/natos-invasion-air-combat-training-and-its-impact-innu

Innu Women and NATO: The Occupation of Nitassinan
https://www.culturalsurvival.org/publications/cultural-survival-quarterly/innu-women-and-nato-occupation-nitassinan

“The low-level flights create terrifying, ear-splitting booms that shatter the otherwise unbroken peace of the north woods. It's said that the natural reflex to throw one's self down upon the ground and lie there for several minutes dumbfounded and shaking from every limb is basically unavoidable. This is a war on the senses. Significant studies have shown that buzzing has devastating effects on the hearing, nervous system, and metabolism of most species living within the northern ecosystem.

The impact on humans is what we can feel. The impact on the caribou hers, the beaver, the fish, the geese, and all the animals on which the Innu rely is what the Innu are fighting. The Innu are totally dependent upon the fragile northern ecosystem. The George River caribou herd, the largest migratory mammal herd in North America (estimated at more than half a million animals), shares this ecosystem with the Innu. The Innu are desperately concerned about the impact of the military on the herd. They say the animals are suffering. "The herd has stopped growing," says biologist Stu Luttich, who has studied the herd for over 15 years. "Mortality rates are increasing and the birth rate is declining." Caribou weakened by stress are easy prey for bears and wolves. The buzzing is creating stress in the herd. That constant stress is also what the Innu are fighting."

"The militarization, that's what you have to fight," says Francesca Snow. "They will destroy the land, they will destroy the animals, and they will destroy your life." When the animals are destroyed, the people are forced off the land, into wage work and into welfare, and the very soul of the community is destroyed. Father Alexis Jouveneau, a priest who has lived with the Innu for many years, says that the people must be allowed to continue their way of life on the land. Jouveneau issued a warning to the Canadian government: "You are destroying not only their lifestyle, you are destroying their whole life so that you may proceed with military exercises. At that point, you might as well build a psychiatric clinic right here, and it will soon be overfilled." If the military goes ahead, says Innu elder Antione Malec, "You will not see us cry, We will not cry. But our hearts will bleed."

Disgusting NATO freaks make me sick

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

doverhog posted:

Actually, I'm a defender of democracy and human rights, in the face of fascism and lies.

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Also isn't that "Merkel was a *friend to Russia" statement straight out of the Azov playbook? The whole narrative that the Minsk Agreements supported by Merkel (which as was discussed previously negotiated by the west in bad faith and persistently violated by Ukraine and their western allies) was a horrible injustice to the Ukrainian government and a betrayal by the people who pushed it onto Ukraine? I've never heard anyone claim Merkel being *friendly to Russia outside of those circles..

**I'll clarify that what's his name said buddy, not ally.. Still, my point is you should re-examine some of your views on what exactly was going on in Europe in the lead up to this war.

***granted that since the start of the war, this narrative seems to have been picked up from the most militaristic segments of Ukrainian society and broadcasted everywhere by their government, so i guess it's been normalized to some extent.

Starsfan has issued a correction as of 09:28 on Jan 14, 2023

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I’ve been buzzed by an F-15 and will forever remember it as a horrifying hell monster that roars like death

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

doverhog posted:

Actually, I'm a defender of democracy and human rights, in the face of fascism and lies.

sir this is a dead gay comedy forums shouldnt you do something real to defend democracy instead? Posting here does nothing. Posting online in general doesnt move the democracy meter one bit.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

doverhog posted:

same. im thinking about joining that international legion. we should both join up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

doverhog posted:

Pulled right back into Soledar, yep