Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Halle-fuckin-lujah

https://twitter.com/ClowESPN/status/1613989289435561984?s=20&t=Nz08cpyDFtbUuoA13-uxcQ

So glad that moron is gone. That said, I'm expecting a bidding war for Glenn Schumann, the DC at UGA. Schumann actually graduated from Bama the same time I did, except he was getting his B.A. and I was getting my M.A. He was a GA at UA for a while, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Richrod made the local media so mad they are still ranting about about him on this early signing day podcast I am listening to, lol.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

https://twitter.com/DispatchAlerts/status/1613983226162253831?s=20

Seems good? I honestly don't really know, but it's news so I'll post it.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Cthulu Carl posted:

https://twitter.com/DispatchAlerts/status/1613983226162253831?s=20

Seems good? I honestly don't really know, but it's news so I'll post it.

Open question of if he’s going to get playcalling delegated to him or not. I’m…kind of thinking he will because Day seems to be acutely aware of how thin he spreads himself on game day or in game planning. There’s chatter it might be Corey Dennis if they insist on the play caller being in the booth if it’s not Day, but our new TE coach was Hartlines GA so he might hand off running the rotation to Bailey and moving to the booth if that’s a condition as well.

Doronin posted:

Halle-fuckin-lujah

https://twitter.com/ClowESPN/status/1613989289435561984?s=20&t=Nz08cpyDFtbUuoA13-uxcQ

So glad that moron is gone. That said, I'm expecting a bidding war for Glenn Schumann, the DC at UGA. Schumann actually graduated from Bama the same time I did, except he was getting his B.A. and I was getting my M.A. He was a GA at UA for a while, too.

I legitimately don’t think Golding is the problem with that defense right now—their structure’s not going to be something a DC has any actual power to take on as long as Saban is alive. They live and die based on their wardaddy DTs and Georgia has been just beating them to the punch there. This whole year they were supposed to be able to drop 7 at any time with what they had in the front but they couldn’t because the DTs couldn’t gap crush anymore. He’s not a DC that necessarily covers for anything, but I don’t think this is like a Grantham situation. Maybe grabbing Schumann helps and lets them adapt some of the bunch/cluster answers and sun pressure that Kirby has been working with, but the trade off there is that end up de-emphasizing a bunch of the edge guys they’re signing right now in favor of bringing LBs and spilling things wide. Kinda fits with Nick’s frustration habit of bringing pressure on 3rd better if they can gamble on stopping runs without 2 yards and get 3rd and long more consistently.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Tulane promoted their TE coach to OC last week. He had apparently been doing the play calling all season.

I keep expecting to read Tulane's OC from the season was hired somewhere else but haven't. Wonder what happened there.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State's future starter at QB seems to have written a children's book ... about himself.

https://twitter.com/DailyCollegian/status/1614064762102464512?t=-hzZsL1EhEGFQJD1PDGD0g&s=19

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The easiest kind of book. So few words

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Me good! Me throw football far! :)

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/RecruitTheG/status/1613893968298921987

Holy poo poo

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I need to see footage of him playing against kids his own age

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
What an absolute monster of a young teenager. The question is, does he keep growing?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

My thing with Golding is that if you're a young coordinator and your name is never really attached to any big boy job rumors, then maybe you aren't that great. Always seemed like just A Dude to me, totally replaceable.

That said, Bama's defensive "issues," such as they were, have been more of a "for whatever reason our players have the joie de vivre of a fat 8th grader being forced to run laps" problem than scheme IMO

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 14, 2023

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

D.N. Nation posted:

My thing with Golding is that if you're a young coordinator and your name is never really attached to any big boy job rumors, then maybe you aren't that great. Always seemed like just A Dude to me, totally replaceable.

If Bozo the Clown were handed Saban's defensive recruits he probably would have surrendered fewer points in Knoxville. Nothing about his defenses was "lights out" like last year's Georgia or the Saban teams of yesteryear. They were in a boat race with the 2021 Gators, for Pete's sake.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pakled posted:

I need to see footage of him playing against kids his own age

The funny thing is those other kids are probably pretty big for their age and they look about 6 years old standing next to him.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

They were in a boat race with the 2021 Gators, for Pete's sake.

I remember watching this game on a parents-weekend stayvacation and feeling good about the direction of the Gators lol

I was so young, so dumb.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

One of the negative aspects of the sport that we don't talk about nearly as often as injuries is the systematic, strategic implementation of childhood obesity.

That kid is really tall. He's also really fat, and he has a lifetime of negative health outcomes to look forward to because of his potential to be a division I offensive lineman.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Squidbillies/status/1614318103026085891?s=20&t=s-b_r7zzfrNT5lzfgxQtWQ

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Gainesville's mascot is Red Elephants. I think they're taking that seriously.

They're not showing him actually lifting anything, though. He kinda reminds of this massive 6'7", 350-pound local kid from a few years ago, who benched maybe 210 and never even sniffed the starting lineup.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

That kid is 13 and has size 16 shoes, he’s both not done growing and also probably can’t put up those huge plate numbers yet because he’s 13. Jeez.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
History is littered with a lot of really big boys who never developed into good linemen even at the HS level, but hoping for the best for this kid, if that’s what he wants to do with his life.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
We had an enormous kid in my high school league and he sucked because he was so big he could hardly move. Being around 7 foot tall and unathletic would not be fun.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
On my school team we had twins that had been 6’5” and 6’6” respectively by eighth grade.

They were slow, never seemed in complete control of their bodies, and had to wear knee braces because their poo poo was hosed up from being so big so early.

They scared the poo poo out of every team we played in JV freshman league but they weren’t great athletes just because they were loving huge.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/1614068278812459009?s=20

Well that's pretty cool.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Iowa's doing better than I thought at placing guys in the league.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LLCoolJD posted:

Iowa's doing better than I thought at placing guys in the league.

It’s because they’re all o-line so you never hear about them.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

It’s because they’re all o-line so you never hear about them.

They have like 8 TEs in the league too

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
https://twitter.com/DawgNation/status/1614626492088025089?t=MaefBmxnuVOztLJYlxAo3A&s=19

Super lovely news from Athens. Sorry Dawgs.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

They have like 8 TEs in the league too

Yep. Fant, Hockenson and Kittle are all on playoff rosters.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

By all accounts Willock was a really cool dude who always went out of his way to say hello to fans, especially kids. Really sad for his family and friends

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

gently caress that sucks

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

drunk leprechaun posted:

Super lovely news from Athens. Sorry Dawgs.

https://twitter.com/ugabarstool/status/1614630340911415297

Single-vehicle crash at 2:45 a.m. The female recruiter was driving a Ford Expedition and crashed into power poles and a tree. Two others were also injured.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

https://twitter.com/ugabarstool/status/1614630340911415297

Single-vehicle crash at 2:45 a.m. The female recruiter was driving a Ford Expedition and crashed into power poles and a tree. Two others were also injured.

Oof, that's awful

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

:(

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The article said the accident was on Barnett Shoals Road. I used to live about a mile from there.

Such a sad story to read less a week later.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 15, 2023

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
https://twitter.com/samkramer76/status/1614399551003295744?s=46&t=iRL13xv1i-b4OORIEAeOtg

:(

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well that is some lovely loving news.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I am proud that my institution of higher learning is actually the Pro sport minor league.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
What do they do with transfers? I’m thinking about this way too hard, aren’t I.

One of the Ducks 10 was Anthony Brown who is terrible. Who’s the worst player from your school on that list?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Highlighting Florida’s decade of talent wastage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

What do they do with transfers? I’m thinking about this way too hard, aren’t I.

One of the Ducks 10 was Anthony Brown who is terrible. Who’s the worst player from your school on that list?

Yeah I'm curious if Brendan Schooler counts for Oregon