Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Klyith posted:

except that lately Musk has been the Bizarro-Trump, every time he tries to wriggle he just makes things worse for himself instead

Oh, I'm hoping that I'm laughably wrong about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Strong Sauce posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ2xQGmRaLw

dude is roadraging about owning a tesla

Doing that in the US seems dumb and risky considering how many carry arms.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
roadrage guy looks a helluva lot like that cop

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

AutismVaccine posted:

Doing that in the US seems dumb and risky considering how many carry arms.

actually, waving a giant metal pipe around and acting like an unhinged lunatic at every opportunity is a great way to avoid getting shot. The crazy motherfuckers who carry guns around with them everywhere will recognize you as a fellow kindred spirit and leave you in peace. what hes really gotta look out for is the tesla mistaking him for a kid

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

cracks me up how much she says "tesla driver" fan boys gonna be pissy bout that

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Only 6 hour probe for that level of transphobia? For those (mods) who are unaware the British system is so bad, with a 19 year wait for a first apointment, that trans women are forced to go overseas.

It should be 6 hours for not being funny, and the rest. :/

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 14, 2023

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

waffle iron posted:

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1613979548198047767

The editor that chose the photo for this article deserves a raise.

My visceral reaction to these stories is always "why did you do this, what the gently caress were you thinking" and then as more details come out it slowly dawns on me that this behavior was normal for them and this is just what we've learned about so far

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

PhazonLink posted:

tbh in addition to the 8$ 11$ a month Musky should require more and other ID stuff.

like he should just look up CA or TX voting requirements and ripoff those.

either regressives doxx themselves to own da libs, or regressives stop paying so they dont doxx themselves. win win.

Only way to vote on a Twitter poll is to go to Twitter HQ and vote in person in Elon's office. This is to make sure the votes are fair and not fraudulent. Twitter blue will stop the steal

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
elon: "....free.....speech....absolutist....media....bad"

*invents poll tax*

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Steadiman posted:

Only way to vote on a Twitter poll is to go to Twitter HQ and vote in person in Elon's office. This is to make sure the votes are fair and not fraudulent. Twitter blue will stop the steal

Votes only count if elon verifies them

votes that elon doesnt like are not counted

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Now that Twitter has shut down third party API, I can't use it other than in a browser with ublock origin. I've been using Tweetbot for nearly 12 years, and it's the only reason I ever enjoyed the hell site. It's probably for the best (for me) because now I can't use Twitter on my phone and I will never install Twitter's ad-riddled app. At least Twitter web lets you mute things, so I can still tweak my experience. Must really has taken all of the fun out of it.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

clown shoes posted:

Now that Twitter has shut down third party API, I can't use it other than in a browser with ublock origin. I've been using Tweetbot for nearly 12 years, and it's the only reason I ever enjoyed the hell site. It's probably for the best (for me) because now I can't use Twitter on my phone and I will never install Twitter's ad-riddled app. At least Twitter web lets you mute things, so I can still tweak my experience. Must really has taken all of the fun out of it.

Same. Only experienced Twitter through Tweetbot for last decade, no way I am using the dogshit official app, so that’s me done with it. gently caress the Boer.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Alan Smithee posted:

elon: "....free.....speech....absolutist....media....bad"

*invents poll tax*

He is a white man from South Africa...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

who still treats the fall of apartheid as an existential crisis

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Obligatory song post.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Strong Sauce posted:

Can't the cops just find his home address from his license plate? Why is this some mystery the community needs to solve?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Burning_Monk posted:

Can't the cops just find his home address from his license plate? Why is this some mystery the community needs to solve?

Guy looks like a cop

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

gschmidl posted:

Oh, I'm hoping that I'm laughably wrong about this.

TBQH the damages will probably be pretty low on the scale of musk money -- proving how much of the swing in TLSA's price was due to musk's tweets and how much was just the stock being volatile is kinda impossible. And he's got a point in his favor that the stock went way up later on. So it's not like this lawsuit is a massive jam for him to be stuck in.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Klyith posted:

TBQH the damages will probably be pretty low on the scale of musk money -- proving how much of the swing in TLSA's price was due to musk's tweets and how much was just the stock being volatile is kinda impossible. And he's got a point in his favor that the stock went way up later on. So it's not like this lawsuit is a massive jam for him to be stuck in.

It’s another chance for comedy lines like “I’ve been in enough lawsuits to know the law :smug:”, which are always welcome.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Strong Sauce posted:

No ones blown his loving head off with a gun yet? what a poo poo oval office'ry

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Burning_Monk posted:

He doesn't have a license plate

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'm now getting reports of bamboo fibers in the twitter polls

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Aren't all teslas loaded with malware and tracking software, surely they could just pinpoint it from that.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jose Valasquez posted:

He doesn't have a license plate

I wonder if he will regain a sense of composure when the cops pull him over.

lol

edit: apparently he DOES have a back license plate he just has a polarized filter over it? And illegal tint lol. What an rear end in a top hat.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 14, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Falling Down 2 is just a Tesla driver whose trims tore apart while the stock dropped

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
There's been like three "TWITTER FILEZ SUPPLEMENTALS" already and normally a supplemental follows after something ends, but we're still getting more files after 30 of these mother fuckers that say nothing

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1614121055022350336?s=20&t=7uJfOm1_M3FhzR0uxB9BoA

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

They mean suppositories.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
MAX DEBOOST.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

E the Shaggy posted:

There's been like three "TWITTER FILEZ SUPPLEMENTALS" already and normally a supplemental follows after something ends, but we're still getting more files after 30 of these mother fuckers that say nothing

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1614121055022350336?s=20&t=7uJfOm1_M3FhzR0uxB9BoA

I guess Leon has been "deamplifying" accounts like delayed elonjet, then?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

B-Rock452 posted:

Guy looks like a cop

it's this yeh

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1614136453965004801

Do you think Elon is worried that X Æ A-12 will stick a finger in his butt?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I think a good standard is to ignore everything I said before the exact age I am currently

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1614136453965004801

Do you think Elon is worried that X Æ A-12 will stick a finger in his butt?

But also you can't trust anyone over 30

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
There's a range of ages, +/- 10 or so of my current age, and anyone outside of that range is either too young or too old to be taken seriously in any way.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

New Twitter update next week: 4K raytraced swastikas are now rolling out

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Just clicking through the recs on twitter is quite a trip, that place went loving nuts. Apparently they think Bill Gates is going to poison their food with mRNA now?

Sounds like facebook after the disinfo campaigns from predatory opportunists and foreign powers got set up. Unbanning the bigots and similar predatory opportunists who would demonize minorities also hasn't helped, since they pushed that poo poo hard on facebook since facebook's management understands and is sympathetic to the right's strategy of fearmongering about the other and so turned a blind eye to it until large chunks of the place became a violent cesspit.

That this coincides with the right's strategy of lying to get power is concerning.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

learnincurve posted:

Only 6 hour probe for that level of transphobia? For those (mods) who are unaware the British system is so bad, with a 19 year wait for a first apointment, that trans women are forced to go overseas.

It should be 6 hours for not being funny, and the rest. :/

Dang, I didn't mean it like that at all. Just poking fun at how you can get more or less anything done if you have enough money and go to places with less rules/laws.

I'm pretty much as not transphobic as one can be. I'll grant you that wasn't really funny at all though. Sometimes we take a swing and miss.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

kw0134 posted:

"I want more engagement!"

*immediately shuts down many avenues for users to engage with the service*

It's a strategy?

He thinks everyone is as twitter-addicted as he is, so if he turns off the outside apps they'll go to the site, rather than just... not going on Twitter anymore. The idea that someone might just not interact with twitter is alien to him.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

The Butcher posted:

Dang, I didn't mean it like that at all. Just poking fun at how you can get more or less anything done if you have enough money and go to places with less rules/laws.

I'm pretty much as not transphobic as one can be. I'll grant you that wasn't really funny at all though. Sometimes we take a swing and miss.

gently caress off, transphobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I wonder if he will regain a sense of composure when the cops pull him over.

"It's ok, bro. I'm on the force too"