Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

this game has great artwork and sadly terrible controls, terrible perspective, confusing maps and the game could have benefited from a camera that is further zoomed out to get some sense of where you are. The music sounds like it was recorded in a different room and outside of some goofy sounds like the skeleton its dreadful. I'm in the second dungeon and unsure if I'll even finish this.

I knew I was right not to even try the Saturn game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
putting this here for future reference.

in mednafen.cfg, do this to get reasonably accurate looking visuals:

- find and replace all instances of ".shader none" with ".shader goat"
- find and replace all instances of ".stretch aspect_mult2" with ".stretch aspect"
- find and replace all instances of ".correct_aspect 0" with ".correct_aspect 1"

i also like to set video.glvsync to 0, but maybe you have a reason to keep that on. there also might be other tweakable stuff to make it better but those are the essentials imo

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

mycophobia posted:

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this game probably would have done well with a gba port

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

- find and replace all instances of ".stretch aspect_mult2" with ".stretch aspect"
- find and replace all instances of ".correct_aspect 0" with ".correct_aspect 1"

i also like to set video.glvsync to 0, but maybe you have a reason to keep that on. there also might be other tweakable stuff to make it better but those are the essentials imo

mednafen’s config files were created by a diseased mind lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

mednafen’s config files were created by a diseased mind lol

quote:

Mednafen (My Emulator Doesn't Need A Frickin' Excellent Name)
what gave it away

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
making peace with the fact that the most powerful emulators are built by the weirdest guys is something we all have to do at some point

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mbt posted:

what gave it away

at least its not yabause

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

making peace with the fact that the most powerful emulators are built by the weirdest guys is something we all have to do at some point

*Getting up from bowing to the fecal lord* Agreed

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mycophobia posted:

in mednafen.cfg, I recommend doing this to get reasonably accurate looking visuals:

- Following a Prideful Gabagool into the Tension Zone and hearing dat music change 

- Getting an air Frenulum just before you hit Ground Twelve

- Standing over a crowd of Slovenly Praksises and grinning before tossing your last Greedy Football amongst them and watching the crowd go muthafuckin wild 

- Saving up your Taint-Forged Blades to trade to the Grossest Parappa........ 

- Perfectly hopping across the Frightingale Floor in time with the enraged noises of the Floor Clown 

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

-Emulator testicles shrink when it gets cold

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mycophobia posted:

alternatively i throw a brick through ttjo's window and make off like a bandit

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im not even playing this game i just like mednafen. it + mame covers pretty much all of my pre-dc/ps2/gc/xbox gen gaming needs

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

this game has great artwork and sadly terrible controls, terrible perspective, confusing maps and the game could have benefited from a camera that is further zoomed out to get some sense of where you are. The music sounds like it was recorded in a different room and outside of some goofy sounds like the skeleton its dreadful. I'm in the second dungeon and unsure if I'll even finish this.
I had it idling in the background for like 3 hours and it reminded me of a movie score where it's not like a melody or a clear loop or anything but just an ambient vibe that kinda fades in and out over time. Thought it was pretty interesting but probably not great for an entire game.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
I'm at the third dungeon and ready to put this down lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I'm at the third dungeon and ready to put this down lol

honestly, the dungeons after are longer but i didnt find them as horribly confusing. there's at least a linearity to them so you arent looping around trying to find the next path but stumbling onto other dungeon entrances

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

trying to jack off posted:

honestly, the dungeons after are longer but i didnt find them as horribly confusing. there's at least a linearity to them so you arent looping around trying to find the next path but stumbling onto other dungeon entrances

Really? That’s good to hear because this one is miserable. I just found the scimitar and I’m lost beyond belief.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Really? That’s good to hear because this one is miserable. I just found the scimitar and I’m lost beyond belief.

youre close to the end on it thankfully, soon as i realised id ran past an alternate path like a dozen times it fell into place, but then i forgot where you use the keys so i ran around for like another 5 minutes trying to find the doors lol.

They really lean into the maze aspect and kind of forgot to put a puzzle on top. almost every secret you see you cant access until you get more spirits so you get tricked into thinking there's more to it

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

trying to jack off posted:

youre close to the end on it thankfully, soon as i realised id ran past an alternate path like a dozen times it fell into place, but then i forgot where you use the keys so i ran around for like another 5 minutes trying to find the doors lol.

They really lean into the maze aspect and kind of forgot to put a puzzle on top. almost every secret you see you cant access until you get more spirits so you get tricked into thinking there's more to it

I found like 2 or 3 other dungeon entrances it pissed me the gently caress off

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lol I'm in there too and completely confused while my six year old is watching and telling me to use my map and fast travel back to the start

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

P-Mack posted:

Lol I'm in there too and completely confused while my six year old is watching and telling me to use my map and fast travel back to the start

Lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

There’s a scimitar in the third dungeon? I am missing everything in this game

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

herculon posted:

lmfao. Bro I almost missed it when I saw a way to get a chest by accident

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

your 6 year old has already been irreparably damaged by modern games, im sorry

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

herculon posted:

lol, you need that big sword to progress later as well. its cool how little the developers give a poo poo if you miss key items

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

meanwhile i have used the bow exactly once to knock down a cannon ball to access a save point and its metal piercing ability 1 time, which was to get another scroll for the bow

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

just got triple mamudooned by the last batch of nues in a multifight :negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Started up Legend of Oasis and I kinda hate it already

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

i just put it in and what the hell is this

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

: Awaken the first 3 Elemental Spirits (Water, Fire, Earth)

highly doubt i have it in me to finish this by the deadline

I kind of appreciate how mysterious the whole game is as far as letting you get stuck and have to find find weird ways to move forward but it's also kind of annoying

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its pretty sick throwing a bomb and then summoning the fire spirit from it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s cool.

----------------

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You’re the guy on the left.

----------------

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay posted:

You’re the guy on the left.

You're my rear end and balls and I'm going to wax you.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

wierd stance to take in gameclub, the thread where people pick games for you to play

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

: Awaken the Spirit of Wind

two cubes?? and the final boss to go i guess

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the saturn is ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Third dungeon was really bad. I also spent ages running around in the fifth dungeon trying to find the last key. That one has at least four locked doors with an upgrade and a replacement key behind them, including the dagger upgrade, so if you use the last key without opening them you're locked out for good. I think I got them all but I wouldn't have if I'd find that key earlier