Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
There’s always a best vendor to sell to for a given item, but a good rule is never sell to Peacekeeper because you will lose a lot in rounding down. Sell in roubles, buy dollars and euros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Not sure if it's the case this wipe but once you have the Flea you can try buy Diaries and Small Diaries for under 30k roubles and sell them to Peacekeeper.

Jaeger likes Antique Axes if you need to get his $$ up too but I can't recall the price limit for them.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

How do you know what a dollar is? You're not in America and not everyone had exposure with physical currency.

No need to be a tool, I explained what I said was tongue in cheek, missed the point and then apologised. There's literally zero reason for you to be a oval office about it still. What else would you like me to say or admit about it?...

Thanks for the tip with selling and buying from peacekeeper, I'm about to jump on a couple of rounds before bed so will likely do that now and try to get level 2 tonight.

Does ragman 2 have some decent upgrades to armour? I've got a bunch of decent guns stashed but I'm refusing to use them till I have something better than the level 2/3 stuff that I can right now. I know it's level 20 so it's a bit of a stretch for me right now, but something to work towards if I quest. I've only just done the pocket watch tbh.

Ragnar Gunvald fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 13, 2023

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I haven't gotten into this wipe yet, but sitting around refreshing fence can net you lots of unavailable ammo that people for some weird reason sell to him. Not high-tier stuff on the reg mind you, but the removed level 1 trader stuff turn up all the time. My pmc is level 6 and I already have about 1500 rounds of pst gzh, some 400 rounds of M855 and I think about 1000 7.62x39 PS. Plus assorted small batches of maybe 40-50 rounds of .45AP, 7N31, SNB and others.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I have 2 ammo cases full of just random crap, I'm a bit of hoarder but I should take the time to work out what ammo I should be using and find a gun that matches the pile of crap I have really.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Nutsak posted:

Not sure if it's the case this wipe but once you have the Flea you can try buy Diaries and Small Diaries for under 30k roubles and sell them to Peacekeeper.

Jaeger likes Antique Axes if you need to get his $$ up too but I can't recall the price limit for them.

Similarly, condensed milk goes for about 15K on the flea and sells to Jaeger for the same.

Not sure if there are any good ones for Skier, but I usually repair through him.

Worth noting as well that barters count (from memory).

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Does ragman 2 have some decent upgrades to armour? I've got a bunch of decent guns stashed but I'm refusing to use them till I have something better than the level 2/3 stuff that I can right now. I know it's level 20 so it's a bit of a stretch for me right now, but something to work towards if I quest. I've only just done the pocket watch tbh.

Just use your guns and lose the gear fear. Scavs will occasionally load with decent guns to replace your stock once you run out, and it's wasted space in your inventory if you're waiting for some magical moment where you'll be good enough to never lose your fancy tricked out weapon.

Even the top players in this game are getting killed every 3-4 raids. So just play with the mindset that any equipment you have will be used 2 or 3 times max.

The loot pool is the ocean, your gear is the wave, and raids are the beaches they crash upon.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

sinburger posted:

Just use your guns and lose the gear fear. Scavs will occasionally load with decent guns to replace your stock once you run out, and it's wasted space in your inventory if you're waiting for some magical moment where you'll be good enough to never lose your fancy tricked out weapon.

Even the top players in this game are getting killed every 3-4 raids. So just play with the mindset that any equipment you have will be used 2 or 3 times max.

The loot pool is the ocean, your gear is the wave, and raids are the beaches they crash upon.

Honestly I have to, I just found a RD-704 too and apparently that's a "good gun". So I've now got 4 decent things, I did just unlock ragman 2 though so I can now rock level 4 armour with it thankfully.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Honestly, with how they're trying to drag out the early and mid game, level 3 armor is pretty sufficient for your average fire fight since most people are gonna be running lower tier ammo

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Do any of you actually encounter obvious cheaters on a regular or semi-regular basis? The official forums and EFT subreddit have gone full "Salem Witch Trials" about the game being completely overrun cheaters but after 5 years I still haven't really encountered any. I feel like large steamers are really hurting the game community by second guessing their deaths almost every time.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5uHt4AwYb4

one of my bestest friends said this video reminds him of my pmc. huge compliment imo

i've been playing the game for years and years but I can't get out of the sunk cost of shotguns/snipers/and pistols in the game despite dmrs, SMGs, and ARs being incredibly more versatile

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

hello internet posted:

Do any of you actually encounter obvious cheaters on a regular or semi-regular basis? The official forums and EFT subreddit have gone full "Salem Witch Trials" about the game being completely overrun cheaters but after 5 years I still haven't really encountered any. I feel like large steamers are really hurting the game community by second guessing their deaths almost every time.

I think last wipe I ran into about 3 people who I definitely could say we're cheating and about maybe 6 who were suspicious. Over the course of like 4 months of daily playing, I'd say that's a fairly low percentage

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

hello internet posted:

A friend of mine has been tracking his survival rate vs kit value in roubles and the trend line is... not good. I haven't seen anyone fly or anything, but over a few seasons there have been some definitive moments of "that was not possible".

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

A friend of mine has been tracking his survival rate vs kit value in roubles and the trend line is... not good.

I mean, this really doesn't mean anything with the dozens of uncontrolled variables

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Cheaters tend to go after high value kit pmcs since gear sells and other RMT avenues are being closed off.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

hello internet posted:

We had one raid where myself and my buddy were shot to death while in complete cover, and our third teammate crouched wiggled in place for a few seconds and was teleported to extract.

Beyond that I'm so poo poo at PvP that I assume all my deaths are legit.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

hello internet posted:

Had flying invulnerable guys in ack to back nighttime shoreline raids, one of them chased me around and wanted me to help him fight a group of cheaters.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Yes there are a lot of cheaters in Tarkov right now. Streamers aren’t ruining the game, they are. A year or so ago I would say lol git Gud cheaters aren’t really a thing but the past couple wipes have been a noticeable increase of obvious cheaters. It’s not every raid but it’s a lot more than it used to be.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

BrotherJayne posted:

Had flying invulnerable guys in ack to back nighttime shoreline raids, one of them chased me around and wanted me to help him fight a group of cheaters.

Next time you see a flying invulnerable guy blast him around the model's ankles. Allegedly that hacks moves the player model up into the air but the player still has real hitboxes on the ground.

For my experience I haven't seen any blatant hackers though, over 100 raids this wipe and I have had 2 or 3 suspicious deaths, with one being while i was prone in a bush at night on shoreline, but that only happened once and could have been a thermal chad looking for cowards like me I guess. I haven't seen anything definitive. I also never run a kit that costs much over 150k so the hackers aren't interested in me :v:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i heard there was one cheat that displaced your model like that but you'd still appear elsewhere, i recently had a night streets raid where i got jumpscared the gently caress out of me when i opened a door to a closet and there was a single frame of a pmc inside before it disappeared, i don't know if that's from tarkov being glitchy or if that was a genuine cheater moment lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
the timeless truth of cheaters in FPS games is that 80% of the deaths you think were from cheaters probably weren't, but also every FPS game has a bunch of cheaters, often concentrated in one part of the game where cheating is most impactful (eg for $, progress, or rank)

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

hello internet posted:

My friends and I have had around one cheater encounter every tarkov session since the wipe. At the very least we'll encounter something incredibly suspicious - for instance, today it was a guy strafing at about 20 meter range who killed me with blunt damage by shooting .45 Match FMJ from a .45 Vector exclusively into my thorax while I was also strafing. He didn't hit any limbs, stomach or head even once - every single bullet hit my thorax. I suppose it's possible that it was legit but it's very unlikely. And naturally he had a normal account lol.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

The Clap posted:

And naturally he had a normal account lol.
White Name Fever is real.

tjones
May 13, 2005
If this game had some type of replay system the guys who claim there aren't any cheaters or that they aren't in any way prevalent would quickly go quiet. There are enough cheaters in other shooters that aren't stupidly brutal masochistic looter shooters that do have some form of semi-competent cheat detection that make any of those type of statements about Tarkov supremely naive at best. The fact that there isn't a replay system or competent anti-cheat means you have to give the benefit of the doubt to all encounters unless an opponent is speed hacking or head-eyes'ing a whole squad without missing a shot.

I haven't played this wipe other than to walk around streets for a few rounds, but in the past you could queue shoreline during weekend prime time hours and usually find a blatant speed hacker within a few gaming sessions (not raids).

Now consider how many people aren't blatant with their hacks and extrapolate from there. Anyone with half a brain is going to use ESP or toggles like a limited use toolset so that they gain the advantage without giving themselves away.

With Tarkov, those guys are impossible to detect so assuming nobody is hacking because you haven't seen it is dumb. Assuming anyone that out plays you by hitting a lucky rotate or gaining audio is cheating is also dumb. Thats just Tarkov, and why Tarkov is a bad game.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

tjones posted:

If this game had some type of replay system the guys who claim there aren't any cheaters or that they aren't in any way prevalent would quickly go quiet. There are enough cheaters in other shooters that aren't stupidly brutal masochistic looter shooters that do have some form of semi-competent cheat detection that make any of those type of statements about Tarkov supremely naive at best. The fact that there isn't a replay system or competent anti-cheat means you have to give the benefit of the doubt to all encounters unless an opponent is speed hacking or head-eyes'ing a whole squad without missing a shot.

I haven't played this wipe other than to walk around streets for a few rounds, but in the past you could queue shoreline during weekend prime time hours and usually find a blatant speed hacker within a few gaming sessions (not raids).

Now consider how many people aren't blatant with their hacks and extrapolate from there. Anyone with half a brain is going to use ESP or toggles like a limited use toolset so that they gain the advantage without giving themselves away.

With Tarkov, those guys are impossible to detect so assuming nobody is hacking because you haven't seen it is dumb. Assuming anyone that out plays you by hitting a lucky rotate or gaining audio is cheating is also dumb. Thats just Tarkov, and why Tarkov is a bad game.
ngl: adding the Weeping Wall this wipe instead of taking a competent stab at securing their codebase is Extremely Russian.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
This guy called The_BangBang with edge of darkness edition just head shot me and 3 of my team members in 5 seconds.

My buddy was in construction, under the platform. I was behind the freight crates next to concrete blocks and jump over. Another was down the L bend watching us all.

So like 3 wildly different directions, I don't even think that one of us had taken shots. less than 5 seconds. head/ears

!!! horrible. ruined my evening, I'mg oing to post about it.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Rahu posted:

Next time you see a flying invulnerable guy blast him around the model's ankles. Allegedly that hacks moves the player model up into the air but the player still has real hitboxes on the ground.

TBH I've just given up on this wipe for now. The progression to level 20 is 90% of the fun anyhow

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I'm having a quite plesant wipe so far, as plesant as it can be for Tarkov :v: Nice combat, good firefights, funny moments like the guy who naded my closet in Customs going "Any last words" on voice before killing me, overall it's going okay.

I JUST CAN'T FIND THE poo poo I NEED TO BUILD MY loving HOME. Still no Syringes, no white tapes, no loving shotguns for Prapor or the loving Salewa fot Therapist. I've got all the next stuff lined up already down to the loving USB Drives for Skier but nooooo, can't find a single loving M133 Shotgun to save my life.

Oh and still haven't been to either Streets or Lighthouse lol

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Buy the 133

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Yes there are a lot of cheaters in Tarkov right now. Streamers aren’t ruining the game, they are. A year or so ago I would say lol git Gud cheaters aren’t really a thing but the past couple wipes have been a noticeable increase of obvious cheaters. It’s not every raid but it’s a lot more than it used to be.

I still think it's due to the RMT item drop changes actually stopping a ton of people from selling poo poo so now they either rage-hack and kill everyone for fun or they've got some paying Timmy in their squad and they're wiping the whole server to let them pick any loot off the bodies for $.

Fairly certain a majority of the cheaters before the changes were just sneaking around and avoiding players entirely to resell the radar-aquired loot on RMT and never get caught.

I find a hell of a lot more high value items all over ever since the RMT changes were made.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
That’s been my speculation as well. The RMT nerfs do nothing to the carry economy.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

i heard there was one cheat that displaced your model like that but you'd still appear elsewhere, i recently had a night streets raid where i got jumpscared the gently caress out of me when i opened a door to a closet and there was a single frame of a pmc inside before it disappeared, i don't know if that's from tarkov being glitchy or if that was a genuine cheater moment lol

I've had this a couple of times and I think it is just a visual bug. Just speculating but i think it has something to do with opening a door and quickly running through.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

hello internet posted:

I have only run into a handful of obvious cheaters in the 3 wipes & 3-400 hours I have played but I also think how often you run into cheaters depends on what map you play and how you play. I primarily play customs, woods and factory which are probably less cheater infested than maps like labs or shoreline. Also I play like a rat and don't typically bring super expensive loadouts so maybe I'm not worth a cheaters time.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Awls are a myth. Have searched so many tech supply crates.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

I find them loose in the warehouses on customs all the time. Same with The National on interchange

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Find them regularly on streets too, at the construction site or the large 3/4 story building right by the basement scan extraction.

I can't find any USB drives though for love nor money. Could be because I've just never played reserve or shoreline though. There too many maps to learn.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Find them regularly on streets too, at the construction site or the large 3/4 story building right by the basement scan extraction.

I can't find any USB drives though for love nor money. Could be because I've just never played reserve or shoreline though. There too many maps to learn.

I think they spawn in file cabinets. Remember that each drawer of the file cabinet is an individual thing.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I looted a hell of a lot of file cabinets this wipe and my second usb drive was the one I constructed at intelligence center 2 :negative:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I can't find any USB drives though for love nor money.

File cabinets or literally sticking out of the front of computer cases on any map that has em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Do not seek the USB drive. It does not reveal itself to those who desire it, only to those who have no need for it.