Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TheRat posted:

I get your point, but getting a quality attacker for 50mil these days is borderline black magic

Martin Ødegaard for €35 mil or so?

And the discussion around Mudryk is Shaktar pegged his value to the Antony transfer, so, thanks for that, United.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/chelsea-close-to-agreeing-mudryk-deal

Mudryk to the Chels is NOT a DONE deal!

Really though lmao this is embarrassing

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
at least now i can make fun of his stupid jesus neck tattoo

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1614360980581933058

We're finally gonna find out how much abuse Rutter can take

African AIDS cum fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 14, 2023

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1614360980581933058

We're finally gonna find out how abuse Rutter can take

11 goals in 57 games what a signing

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
This is the deal that will sort everything, push for the European places starts here

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bea Nanner posted:

at least now i can make fun of his stupid jesus neck tattoo

What a dumb neck tattoo, right? I for one hadn't even begun to mentally prepare myself to pretend it was good

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It sure is poo poo, though depending on the final word about that transfer it may grow on me quite rapidly

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

harperdc posted:

And the discussion around Mudryk is Shaktar pegged his value to the Antony transfer, so, thanks for that, United.

Antony at the point United signed him had 25 goals in 82 games in a significantly stronger league (and one which wasn't actively continuing to play in a warzone for financial reasons), and was starting for Brazil. And even then he was sold at a premium because United had already been in for Ten Hag + Martinez and Ajax had barely any time to get replacements.

I'm not saying they can't price him the same, but if you get visited by the ghost of Andriy Voronin, it's your own fault.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Can't wait for Man United fans to celebrate winning the Antony had 25 goals in 82 games in a significantly stronger league trophy

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

we would have bought the ajax trophy cabinet if they'd let us

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Sure 100 million is a lot but washing the stink of Russian off the club is worth much more than that.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

hadji murad posted:

Sure 100 million is a lot but washing the stink of Russian off the club is worth much more than that.

The results stink enough imo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/mudryk-completes-transfer-to-chelsea

8.5 years lol

What I'm wondering is the wages. On one hand surely Chelsea wouldn't be willing to pay him that much when the contract is that long. On the other, why would he agree to a lowish wage and then commit to it for 8.5 years? With the duration of his contract, even if he comes real good and other teams were interested, there is no way they could pay out his €100m contract with like 5-6 years to go AND give him a huge wage increase right? I guess if he's good enough for PSG maybe but that's about it. Feels likely he'll be stuck on whatever wage he's on now for at least half his career pretty much.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

8.5 years lol

What I'm wondering is the wages. On one hand surely Chelsea wouldn't be willing to pay him that much when the contract is that long. On the other, why would he agree to a lowish wage and then commit to it for 8.5 years? With the duration of his contract, even if he comes real good and other teams were interested, there is no way they could pay out his €100m contract with like 5-6 years to go AND give him a huge wage increase right? I guess if he's good enough for PSG maybe but that's about it. Feels likely he'll be stuck on whatever wage he's on now for at least half his career pretty much.

Maybe with the new American owners they've started structuring contracts in American ways with increasing wages over time.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

gently caress me sideways. That's one way to avoid FFP I guess.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
bellingham can most likely pick between any top club he wants though

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Woodenlung posted:

bellingham can most likely pick between any top club he wants though

He'd do very nicely in the Ten Hag Project imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Insurrectionist posted:

8.5 years lol

amortisation of the fee over an insanely long time means they can pay way over the odds and have it be fine from an FFP accounting stand point

newcastle are supposedly interested in Sergej Milinković-Savić and while i've barely seen him play he's def an upgrade over sean longstaff

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jose posted:

newcastle are supposedly interested in Sergej Milinković-Savić and while i've barely seen him play he's def an upgrade over sean longstaff

He's been linked to Man Utd as the solution to their midfield every transfer window since about 1927

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

A longer period of amortization has the effect of borrowing from your future transfer budget. An eight-year amortization period eats away at your 2029, 2030 and 2031 transfer budgets when a five-year period wouldn't. It helps with FFP compliance today but hurts your ability to comply in future periods. It's not some magical wand that makes FFP go away.

That said I'd be really interested in how they structure these contracts to mitigate the risks and assuage the player's concerns of giving up a massive future payday

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

A longer period of amortization has the effect of borrowing from your future transfer budget. An eight-year amortization period eats away at your 2029, 2030 and 2031 transfer budgets when a five-year period wouldn't. It helps with FFP compliance today but hurts your ability to comply in future periods. It's not some magical wand that makes FFP go away.

Football club owners love to mortgage their future for results now.

But also the amount they’re amortizing will presumably be worth significantly less eight years down the line, so that is helpful too.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
in 8 years time you just start offering 16 year contracts. problem solved

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
probably end up getting loaned all over europe

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Vegetable posted:

That said I'd be really interested in how they structure these contracts to mitigate the risks and assuage the player's concerns of giving up a massive future payday

Are you suggesting an extremely well-run club like Chelsea wouldn’t be considering the long term consequences of their decisions?!?!

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

This assumes that FFP matters which it doesn't.

Also, maybe the Chels are just poo poo at transfers. There may be some evidence to support this hypothesis.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Jhon Durán to Aston Villa is happening apparently?

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1614978356637847552

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/statu...%5Es1_&ref_url=

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Starting to think this is all just some elaborate chelsea-brighton money laundering operation

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

tristeham posted:

probably end up getting loaned all over europe

He'll be tearing it up at Vitesse Anhem next season

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Frankston posted:

Jhon Durán to Aston Villa is happening apparently?

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1614978356637847552

He looked really promising and I’m disappointed as a Chicago Fire appreciator.

Kind of a Darwin Nunez chaos type (who knows how to finish).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the sex ghost posted:

Starting to think this is all just some elaborate chelsea-brighton money laundering operation

It's very funny they waited until after the season started to do most of this so potter has a bigger mess on his hands

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Can't see Brighton selling Caceido in January unless it is a ludicrous amount of money, we have no one to replace him and it would be so disruptive.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Surely by now Chelsea must be close to hitting some FFP ceiling? It’s not like they’ve been making much money on player sales while spunking hundreds of millions these last two windows. I guess FFP isn’t much of a thing anymore?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Surely by now Chelsea must be close to hitting some FFP ceiling? It’s not like they’ve been making much money on player sales while spunking hundreds of millions these last two windows. I guess FFP isn’t much of a thing anymore?

Nah. Just give them a billion year contract and they can amortise the fee over that timespan.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Also, after that court case with PSG FFP is pretty much dead

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Excited for that one baseball contract where the guy gets paid a million dollars a year for 40 years to arrive in the prem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Masonity posted:

Nah. Just give them a billion year contract and they can amortise the fee over that timespan.

It's fun seeing the same techniques used to circumvent salary caps in 2022 that were used by hockey teams in like 2006. Nothing like giving a 32 year old player a 14 year contract to circumvent the cap.