Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EVIL Gibson posted:

I've always wondered. Is there some sort of max load on your lungs? Like is there a point of volumetric smoke that your lungs will be like, "Nah, place is full"?

If you don't cough you won't get off.

I assume it's different for everyone. You'll know you've found it when you're lying on the floor, crying from coughing for a half hour. But you'll also be reallllllly stoned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

EVIL Gibson posted:

I've always wondered. Is there some sort of max load on your lungs? Like is there a point of volumetric smoke that your lungs will be like, "Nah, place is full"?

Like imagine any container that you fill; only a very small percentage of what is inside is touching the container.

https://www.lung.org/lung-health-diseases/lung-procedures-and-tests/lung-function-tests

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

to people that vape - is the extra cost of live resin worth it versus distillate? I can get distillate 1g cart for like 25, while a live resin one is 45.

I'm primarily a cart smoker these days and honestly I mostly smoke distillate because live resin isnt THAT much better. If you're only smoking carts once in a blue moon, live resin all the way. If you plan on smoking them semi-regularly, find mix and match deals on distillate carts and try as many brands as you can to find what ya like, I've found some 12/$100 1g carts here in Michigan I like, they have decent flavor and a pretty solid high all things considered

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Live resin tastes more like weed, so if I buy a cart I like it for that, too. But I pretty much only use carts when I am traveling because it is way easier than hiding flower through TSA. A couple carts and a vape pen don’t ever get questions.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
live rosin is pretty smooth if the limited samples I've had are anything to judge by, and the terps are from the weed it comes from. distillate carts are pretty harsh and have the flavors added back in.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
tbh the only time i give any thought to the taste of my carts is when i buy some new brand and it tastes like piss. makes me mad. stop making piss carts

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Goddamn this edible kicked into high gear.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

LifeSunDeath posted:

live rosin is pretty smooth if the limited samples I've had are anything to judge by, and the terps are from the weed it comes from. distillate carts are pretty harsh and have the flavors added back in.

if I'm buying carts and there's live rosin, I'll always buy it over distillate because it tastes real good and is real smooth.

lol legal weed kicks rear end, just going to the old gas station down the street from my house and shopping for weed products like I'm buying slim jims and paquis at the gas station down the street from work on my break

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Bro these California taxes doubled over new years. What the gently caress? It's like 45% now

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This looks like I would reach god, so where do I get one?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Yeah Gunna need a buy link there

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

the post said it was a custom bong. I'm assuming they use a magnetic stirbar and stirplate hidden in the base. e: https://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments/10b2qz5/handbuilt_auto_tornado_hydronius_slowmo/

here's another vid:
https://v.redd.it/zofx1tt2zjba1/DASH_720.mp4

edit:
poo poo here's the link finally:
https://hydronius.com/
it's 200 bucks

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 14, 2023

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MrQwerty posted:

if I'm buying carts and there's live rosin, I'll always buy it over distillate because it tastes real good and is real smooth.

lol legal weed kicks rear end, just going to the old gas station down the street from my house and shopping for weed products like I'm buying slim jims and paquis at the gas station down the street from work on my break

Lol we're fuckin debating which universally compatible, plug'n'play oil cartridge is best while there's whole rear end countries of people stuck smoking slightly evolved cheech and chong weed lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Suck my nuts every other country unless you got legal weed

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'm back working at my old dealership mainly because I know they don't drug test. They know the best most productive auto techs are stoners for one reason or another, like chronic pain or mental health issues(me). Last time I pissed for a job I waited 6 loving weeks for OTC tests to come back clean and still pissed dirty. I asked about the medical thing(I still don't have one in Ohio because it's kinda fuckin expensive as is the weed and my neighbor brings me $40 quarters from Michigan) and they said they would still refuse employment based on where their insurance company is based out of(sounds like bs).

So that being said, where are goons at on using weed while working? Personally I'm a couple of cannabudder chunks in coffee per day, smoke from my dugout on the drive in, lunch break and drive home. I still get high, but I need the focus I get from it, the inner piece to not call my manager a loving idiot every time we communicate. Also I'm nearly 2 weeks alcohol free and don't think I could do that without weed. No plans to taper down, reduce my consumption because it's all a net positive. Dr Drew may say chronic daily excessive use could cause schizophrenic breaks or whatever, and maybe that's a possibility if you're dabbing constantly for months or years, but honestly I think if any of that is true you were already on a path to a break anyway.

Asking for the few goons that mention stopping while on call, why stop? EMTs or something like that?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

interwhat posted:

they would still refuse employment based on where their insurance company is based out of(sounds like bs).

no, insurance companies absolutely will not insure you if you test positive for drugs in a hiring test, regardless of the legal status of the drug in the state you are in vs. federal status (except CA where that is now illegal)

show reciepts and a weed card is not a federal receipt to test positive for a substance

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 14, 2023

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm pretty sure that technically I'm high all the time

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Y'all were right about carts being too convenient. They're expensive, and too easy to burn through. My dispensary has .5 carts for $60 and 1 carts for $75 so it's dumb not to go bigger, I'm just buying them more often than bud.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
drat thats really expensive

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sunk Dunk posted:

drat thats really expensive

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah imo carts are only worth it if you're somewhere you can get em for like 15 bucks

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Yeah imo carts are only worth it if you're somewhere you can get em for like 15 bucks

or like Michigan where we have like 6 brands at the 12/$100 price point lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
they're down to $45 for a 1g cart here, which hell at least it's down from the $60 it was for like 3 years. the convenience is still worth it to me at the ~$50/1g price point

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Waffle! posted:

Y'all were right about carts being too convenient. They're expensive, and too easy to burn through. My dispensary has .5 carts for $60 and 1 carts for $75 so it's dumb not to go bigger, I'm just buying them more often than bud.

seems overpriced for a .5 cart. I think the live rosin cart I got was 50 for a .5 tho.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

AARD VARKMAN posted:

they're down to $45 for a 1g cart here, which hell at least it's down from the $60 it was for like 3 years. the convenience is still worth it to me at the ~$50/1g price point

If I could find a brand that gives me the warm fuzzy stoned I get from citrusy strains I'd gladly pay that

For me absolutely nothing beats that, it can be sour diesel or skittles or fruity twinks idc if it smells vaguely of lysol I know it's gonna make me happy

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

drat precision i havent seen a big ole mean red custom title like that in some time who did you piss off lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Earwicker posted:

drat precision i havent seen a big ole mean red custom title like that in some time who did you piss off lol

It's a little more dumb than that, somebody else had basically this title, and that person posted a dumb opinion, so I quoted their own title at them, as a joke, and then I guess a third unrelated goon saw that and gave me the title

Something awful dot com! Lol

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

to whoever was posting earlier about secretly smoking or vaping in the house: please just get carts like everyone is saying.

if you have a flower vape you still have the smelly weed and busters and weed bag whatever. That's smelly. And vaping correctly is essentially, essentially undetectable if you use common sense and have a bit of airflow.

It's so easy if you have a Puffco Proxy or even a vape cart. You take two or three decent hooches and that's it. You could do it in the bathroom into the vent.

In comparison there isn't any setup time. There is no ritual involving busting the weed, emptying a chamber then filling a chamber, storing the weed, finding an uncomfortable spot to hide

I wouldn't hide it from your partner, "she doesn't want to know so I will save her by not communicating what I'm doing at all" doesn't seem good because you are surprised that she catches your weed behaviour. Straight up tell her and ask her to be sniff it out so she doesn't ambush you with something she hasn't been looped in on, weed

like okay your in-laws are different culturally that doesn't matter. Just get a vape cart, hooch in 15 seconds, then rejoin the family

weed rules (imo 😎) but the hoops you're jumping through are giving me flashbacks from when I had to be sneaky with cannabis and it loving sucked

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

sploofy carbon filters work super good for covering up smell, you can rip a bong through one and just eliminate the smoke. you still smell like weed but like brush your teeth and wash your hands and you're pretty good to go.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I'm officially 30 today. Celebrating with hella edibles. See you all tomorrow I guess

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

LifeSunDeath posted:

edit:
poo poo here's the link finally:
https://hydronius.com/
it's 200 bucks

God drat, I might have to pull the trigger.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Man, a ceramic grinder is a fuckin game changer. 3 months in have never had to clean it. resin deposits come off with a quick flick of the finger. this is the lifetime grinder I've always wanted.

it says "SLX v2.5" on it if you want to know the model.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Macichne Leainig posted:

I'm officially 30 today. Celebrating with hella edibles. See you all tomorrow I guess

happy birthday!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Macichne Leainig posted:

I've been smoking weed as long as you've been alive

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Any magic powers yet?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

yes

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I watched Eraserhead with my mom last night, that was a heckuva lotta fun. Oh, we were high, in case that wasn;t clear based on the thread I’m in.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Sunk Dunk posted:

to people that vape - is the extra cost of live resin worth it versus distillate? I can get distillate 1g cart for like 25, while a live resin one is 45.

the distillate will have less terpenes and such in it, so its less of a :airquote: complete :airquote: high

Nearly every single live resin cart is still made with distillate in some capacity, so they're not really necssarily healthier. The big reason that I stick with the live resin carts (specifically Select but others) is the manufacturers don't add any of the perfumey tastes to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

if you think about it, isn't hash really the ultimate live rosin?