Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sunk Dunk posted:

i need a movie to watch that has no bad vibes, let's get some suggestions going

Paddington 2

next question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Cubone posted:

Paddington 2

next question

i never saw paddington 1

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sunk Dunk posted:

i never saw paddington 1

lucky for you that has an easy solution

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

colonelwest posted:

Margin Call is good, it’s a pretty nice synopsis of what led to the 2008 crash. Jeremy Irons plays a great corpo scumbag.

I agree, it's a pretty good movie and Irons' performance made it great.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

oh my god the back button on tiktok just shows you another loving video. this is abominable

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

roomtone posted:

THE WRITING BECAME TOO REAL MORTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJOQ3lx94EU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Dude jumping rope on the trampoline made me nervous

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

kalel posted:

oh my god the back button on tiktok just shows you another loving video. this is abominable

i installed this because people say the algorithm is amazing at figuring out what you want

but after 20 videos i was still watching awful english men swearing and sex and the city style jokes

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

roomtone posted:

i installed this because people say the algorithm is amazing at figuring out what you want

but after 20 videos i was still watching awful english men swearing and sex and the city style jokes

If the algorithm really knew what you wanted it’d kick you back to YouTube.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m actually irritated that I half assed watched black Adam.

It was just not good at all. So much Slow mo. Such lovely dialog.

I should have just had friends or the office on or something.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tiktok is garbage and youtube shorts are garbage because they're mostly just reposts from tiktok.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I dunno if my brain has matured that much feom when vines first were popular but those could be funny where tiktok and yt shorts are straight up garbage

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Why does the hawk guy in black Adam sound like exactly like the hawk guy from the marvel series?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

super sweet best pal posted:

Tiktok is garbage and youtube shorts are garbage because they're mostly just reposts from tiktok.

I very much dislike google insisting shoving shorts in front of my face gently caress you google I am here for long form only gently caress off

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

priznat posted:

I dunno if my brain has matured that much feom when vines first were popular but those could be funny where tiktok and yt shorts are straight up garbage

It’s pretty funny that somehow the idea of Vines was resurrected and became wildly popular with a generation that barely remembers them.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

colonelwest posted:

It’s pretty funny that somehow the idea of Vines was resurrected and became wildly popular with a generation that barely remembers them.

Holy poo poo brb gonna get rich as gently caress inventing gen z bebo

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

colonelwest posted:

I want to say that twitter axing vine was the biggest tech blunder of the last decade, but then nfts appeared.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Sunk Dunk posted:

i need a movie to watch that has no bad vibes, let's get some suggestions going

Blues Brothers.

I know you've seen it but it's so drat rewatchable.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

Blues Brothers.

The Aretha song part is GOATed. Love that scene.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

its funny to me to discover that the rlm crew has never seen the inside of a gym by being terrified of the small trampolines

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

my wife was laughing at rlm as i was watching it, but asked “is there any diversity on the shows at all?” now i wont stand for canadian erasure. but honestly other than having a couple women who were probably mercilessly creeped on by fans, no they havent. not a very deep bench in rlm

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

If the algorithm really knew what you wanted it’d kick you back to YouTube.

hostility

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

roomtone posted:

hostility

No i meant that in a nice way, it would realize you’re too good for TikTok.

TikTok SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuCCCCCKSS

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

KakerMix posted:

I very much dislike google insisting shoving shorts in front of my face gently caress you google I am here for long form only gently caress off

I wouldn't mind them so much if they were actually good and not just the same bland poo poo over and over.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
youtube's gonna try and chase the trends, it's got the meta man in charge, they're going to make bad loving decisions. youtube is just youtube, cannot be improved, people can upload ANYTHING and mark's just not okay with that so he keeps retooling his dumbass websites

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Hackers film 1995 posted:

my wife was laughing at rlm as i was watching it, but asked “is there any diversity on the shows at all?” now i wont stand for canadian erasure. but honestly other than having a couple women who were probably mercilessly creeped on by fans, no they havent. not a very deep bench in rlm

Remember that Jay is confirmed for gay, surely that counts for something.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Hackers film 1995 posted:

Jay is gay, Rich is Chinese, Mike is some kind of Western European but specifically the kind that in the 20s when his family came to America they weren’t allowed in public parks, and My Name Is Earl is an alcoholic. What more could she want??

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It’s English.

Yeah did they miss the scene where the doctor has to operate on his own rear end in a top hat so he could take more commandering

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

priznat posted:

tiktok is so self consciously surreal and choppy

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Pham Nuwen posted:

Blues Brothers.

never seen it, but have it on 4k, maybe will watch

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's my pick for the most overrated movie ever, but your dad loves the poo poo out of it.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I’m not some sort of Twitter culture warrior, but it would be nice if they had some women on once in awhile to kind of change things up. I feel like Lindsay would fit in pretty well.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
they should have on monique

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's my pick for the most overrated movie ever, but your dad loves the poo poo out of it.

No that is Animal House.

The musical cameos in BB rule. poo poo I might take back what I said about musicals a few pages back.

Age Disclosure: 35

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I was lucky enough to see Blues Bros in a theater last night and that movie is LONG as gently caress. The last 30 minutes are all car chase and the whole time I just kept thinking of the White Noise opening

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Blues Brothers runs over nazis and thats what makes the movie for me

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

is there anyone younger than 29 itt. speak now or forever hold your peace

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I like how it gets so over the top absurd repeatedly in the BB film. Like when the nazis piece of poo poo car ramps off the uncompleted overpass and is somehow 2000 feet in the air in the next shot.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

priznat posted:

I like how it gets so over the top absurd repeatedly in the BB film. Like when the nazis piece of poo poo car ramps off the uncompleted overpass and is somehow 2000 feet in the air in the next shot.

Thank Christ they only made one film and not any sequels or video games or stupid vodkas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

the cop videos aside from surviving edged weapons have sucked hard