Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Turin Turambar posted:

The Magical Revolution 2
Well, it seems it goes hard going into yuri (lesbian relationships).

oh word is that what that means??? thanks for filling in the details for us here at adtrw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Don't worry this is just going to be a nice warm up to ready everyone for people that will call Yuri is my Job a class s show

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i do not think most people know what that is anymore

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:goofy:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the modern usage of class s is just the version of yuribait for someone who wants to disparage a thing they don't like by saying it's not really gay, but also wants to sound smart while doing it

last time i really saw it invoked was just a stupid article on a flip flappers episode that randomly veered into complaining about euphonium stuff when euphonium was still unfinished and nowhere near fully translated though

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 14, 2023

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i hope i see someone say the phrase 'class s' in the modern usage on these forums so i can say mean things about them

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ibblebibble posted:

Buddy Daddies is starting to rival Star Wars on how bad a human being's aim can get. Still a fun show at least.

definitely. i hope the gunfights get bigger every episode though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anetoro.....

CR just gave up on that one lol

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Sakurazuka posted:

Anetoro.....

CR just gave up on that one lol

Sistoro is right there

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

OnimaruXLR posted:

Sistoro is right there

would also align with how they localize most of it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

:hai:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Adding Fire Hunter to my watch list. Really interesting premise.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Adding Fire Hunter to my watch list. Really interesting premise.

the aesthetics are incredible too, outside of the curse of cgi vehicles

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Fire Hunter was very good.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Fire Hunter was deliciously un-moe.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Turin Turambar posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the modern usage of class s is just the version of yuribait for someone who wants to disparage a thing they don't like by saying it's not really gay, but also wants to sound smart while doing it

last time i really saw it invoked was just a stupid article on a flip flappers episode that randomly veered into complaining about euphonium stuff when euphonium was still unfinished and nowhere near fully translated though
i saw someone talk about class s on youtube and their examples were no less than five separate manga that all end with the girls getting gay married

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Kaina of the Great Snow Sea has some real purdy bg art and if you've got an itch for Paid in Akiss type worldbuilding, this'll prolly do ya. The leads are cardboard, and I don't mean the cg, but the action was good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

incidentally it was cool that bocchi the rock just had kita say she was romantically interested in ryo. well, peace

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
class s means that something is top or 's-rank' class :)

Raenir Salazar posted:

Which one then? :)

i'm in love with the villainess (which is getting an anime later this year), though that aspect isn't too important early on

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I actually assumed Mitsuha was lying about being an adult but she actually drives a van.

e: Thanks!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

lmfao revenger loving rules. revenger and high card both delivering idiot poo poo to me this season i'm glad a friend of mine yelled at me to watch it because of how a dude uses his muscles so hard he starts emitting fog

Turin Turambar posted:

gross.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I thought the strongest ice mage show was going to be the most boring generic fantasy/isekai magic school show of the season and then the bulk of episode 2 happened where it didn't take itself seriously at all. Even if it does turn into a boring generic fantasy magic school show after that, episode 2 was way more entertaining than shows with the same cookie cutter setting ever manage normally.

(Not that there wasn't competition for boring fantasy/isekai magic school show with the strongest onmyouji reincarnation one also airing this season and absolutely living up to the stereotype.)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Indiana_Krom posted:

(Not that there wasn't competition for boring fantasy/isekai magic school show with the strongest onmyouji reincarnation one also airing this season and absolutely living up to the stereotype.)

What is that one like? Seems like a missed oppurtunity for "I was a TOTAL fraud, but somehow in this world all of my mumbo jumbo actually works!" But Eminence in Shadow seems to actually be running away with that ball?

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Patware posted:

lmfao revenger loving rules. revenger and high card both delivering idiot poo poo to me this season i'm glad a friend of mine yelled at me to watch it because of how a dude uses his muscles so hard he starts emitting fog

sold, gonna try it now

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I know the archer turning his tricked-out bow into an anti-materiel rifle through sheer manly flexing is getting a lot of attention here, but I think we should also talk about the protagonist's shiny new spiked boots, which let him cut a dude in half with a leaping katana slice from the opposite side of a canal.

Really feels like a loving tribute to gory Eighties OVAs.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Darth Walrus posted:

I know the archer turning his tricked-out bow into an anti-materiel rifle through sheer manly flexing is getting a lot of attention here, but I think we should also talk about the protagonist's shiny new spiked boots, which let him cut a dude in half with a leaping katana slice from the opposite side of a canal.

i was sold when the woman beheaded a dude with a loving kite string lmao

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Southern Cassowary posted:

i was sold when the woman beheaded a dude with a loving kite string lmao

I'm listing that kid under 'actual gender identity yet to be determined', especially after what they got up to this episode. Pretty sure the mob boss they killed was into dudes.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 15, 2023

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm listing that kid under 'actual gender identity yet to be determined', especially after what they got up to this episode. Pretty sure the mob boss they killed was into dudes.

yeah I'm on the second episode now and had that thought when they talked again

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Man Mamoru Oshii's return to anime continues to be a giant disappointment. Though Fire Hunter is just boring and not out right terrible like Vladlove

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

HIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

montage of everyone's houses of cards falling over

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Turin Turambar posted:

Intriguingly.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Patware posted:

Darth Walrus posted:

Hang on is this Revenger or High Card?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Misfit is extremely dumb but extremely great. I’ve not tired of Anos constantly going “you’ve fallen for my trap card” so far.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hang on is this Revenger or High Card?

Revenger.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nitrousoxide posted:

Misfit is extremely dumb but extremely great. I’ve not tired of Anos constantly going “you’ve fallen for my trap card” so far.
S1 was full of this stuff and it was great. Like I think he murders a dude in cold blood during a tournament and then resurrects him like "Yeah as long as you're not dead for 10 seconds I can bring you back cool huh".

And then he fucks with him by murdering him a dozen more times.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

FilthyImp posted:

S1 was full of this stuff and it was great. Like I think he murders a dude in cold blood during a tournament and then resurrects him like "Yeah as long as you're not dead for 10 seconds I can bring you back cool huh".

And then he fucks with him by murdering him a dozen more times.

Turns out peoples' souls/sources are like food dropped on the floor (though I think it was 3 second rule rather than 5)

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://i.imgur.com/5C0pIws.mp4

Let's look at everything Trigun is doing right with CGI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
un-moe was her