Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

You Are A Elf posted:

Sounds like Ghost Town from 1988.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095215/

The crucifixion scene might be a flashback to the 19th century where the bad guys crucify the town sheriff to a windmill and torture him before burying him alive.

:nws: due to crucifixion and face gore, I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMhT2Wv4ghs

The buried sheriff does come back to life briefly as a corpse and tells the modern sheriff to avenge his death and the town, which is supernaturally held captive by the bad guys until they can all be disposed of.

Edit: the movie is in English, not Italian. I just couldn’t find that scene in English :shobon:

You nailed it. She says that's the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

TTBF posted:

You nailed it. She says that's the movie.

:tipshat:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So there was a recent-ish horror film where someone's facing towards the camera, or off to the side and behind them is another character in the distance listening but off in the distance and out of focus. The closer character isn't looking at them and is just talking for a good while, but the person in the background slowly starts morphing into the demon/entity/whatever-it-was or "changing" in a way that's so subtle you might 2nd guess yourself. However, they morph back before the camera focuses in or cuts to another angle.

This shot was really well done and I'm not even sure that what I saw is what happened but I can't for the life of me remember anything other than this scene.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

sigher posted:

So there was a recent-ish horror film where someone's facing towards the camera, or off to the side and behind them is another character in the distance listening but off in the distance and out of focus. The closer character isn't looking at them and is just talking for a good while, but the person in the background slowly starts morphing into the demon/entity/whatever-it-was or "changing" in a way that's so subtle you might 2nd guess yourself. However, they morph back before the camera focuses in or cuts to another angle.

This shot was really well done and I'm not even sure that what I saw is what happened but I can't for the life of me remember anything other than this scene.

No idea, but wow, do I want to see this.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

sigher posted:

Escape From Tomorrow?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

sigher posted:

It part 1 had Ben looking up stuff about the town in the local library while the librarian looks towards him in the bg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9FDJz4_Kmg

might not be this since none of the other people in the library interact with him

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Alan Smithee posted:

It part 1 had Ben looking up stuff about the town in the local library while the librarian looks towards him in the bg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9FDJz4_Kmg

might not be this since none of the other people in the library interact with him

This reminds me that wasn't there a scene with Jessica Chastain at the old woman's house, where that poo poo went down like the OP said? Or did the old woman not turn back?

Edit: just watched it, nope. Just super tall, floppy-titty'd grandma demon chasing her.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jan 13, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This reminds me that wasn't there a scene with Jessica Chastain at the old woman's house, where that poo poo went down like the OP said? Or did the old woman not turn back?

Edit: just watched it, nope. Just super tall, floppy-titty'd grandma demon chasing her.

part 2 yeah, it's even the trailer. Old lady seems normal at first and then while JC's looking at stuff in the foreground, she does a weird jig in the background before transforming into...that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWt8NfN-gL4

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

sigher posted:

If not IT (either scene), I’m thinking it could either be It Follows or Smile, two similarish films that deal with a demonic entity disguised as everyday people that pursues cursed people who are the only ones that can see the entity slowly meandering toward them as a person in the distance.

Probably Smile because everyone the entity is has a huge poo poo-eating grin.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I saw both and IF has an ambiguous last shot of someone following them in the bg but I can't think of anything that would fit that in Smile other than when she's listening to the sound on the laptop and there's a jumpscare or when she's sleeping in a bed and you see a figure in the bathroom. None of them really "transform" though (even within the limited parameters of "still look human")

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kvlt! posted:

Escape From Tomorrow?

I'm pretty sure it was in color.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I think they do a similar gag with Tommy Davidson's character in the first Tales From The Hood movie.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'm completely failing to think of anything specific but for some reason I feel like something like that might have happened in the recent Candyman movie?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Definitely wasn't Tales from the Hood, it might be a James Wan film, it was more of that style.

I don't think it was Candyman, because I saw that alone once and this film I saw twice, a 2nd time with a friend but I haven't talked to him yet to ask him about it. I pointed it out to him when it happened too but I don't think he'd remember.

edit: I just asked him, he has no idea.

sigher fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 14, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

are they sure it was an obvious transformation? Everything else proposed was fairly subtle (even arguably not there)

kinda hard to tell when bg is out of focus

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's why I ask, because I want to see it again, because something in my brain tells me it might not even be anything more than maybe the background character moving. But the way the shot is framed feels so intentional, the foreground character is really close to the camera but there's a lot of the camera pointing right at the other character. It's almost like it's purposefully framed for you to look at the background character, it's awkward. Maybe I was super high or something and saw something that wasn't there.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I never watched them but could it be something like Haunting of Hill House? Those were big on the youtube red circle channels

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Is it one of the Insidious movies? That appearing behind someone is a motif.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A scene in a 90s/00s TV show where man and some teenagers are sat drinking lemonade from a pitcher. The man tells a story about a murder in which the people killed were poisoned by lemonade. The teens gasp and spit out their lemonade and the man laughs and points out that he's drinking from the same pitcher so he's hardly likely to have poisoned that. I'm pretty sure this was an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Charmed or some other supernatural teen drama show.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Almost certainly not but Bram Stoker's Dracula has fun with aggressive shadows that would retreat to kindly Gary Oldman

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Kosmo Gallion posted:

A scene in a 90s/00s TV show where man and some teenagers are sat drinking lemonade from a pitcher. The man tells a story about a murder in which the people killed were poisoned by lemonade. The teens gasp and spit out their lemonade and the man laughs and points out that he's drinking from the same pitcher so he's hardly likely to have poisoned that. I'm pretty sure this was an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Charmed or some other supernatural teen drama show.

Doesn't really fit the teen part but Justified season 2 had a similar idea and it turned out the poison was in the glass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkAquXNRcnQ

I have one that's been bugging me for a bit. I don't think it was a movie, I think it was a TV show. A kid is nervous about going on a date with a pretty, popular girl so his dad recommends he go on a "practice date" with a girl he's more comfortable with. Of course at the end the kid realizes he likes the girl who he's comfortable with from the "practice date" and the dad says something like "How do you think I met your mom?".

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Medullah posted:

Doesn't really fit the teen part but Justified season 2 had a similar idea and it turned out the poison was in the glass.

It's not Justified, I've seen that. But thanks for reminding me about such an awesome show.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Ape Agitator posted:

Almost certainly not but Bram Stoker's Dracula has fun with aggressive shadows that would retreat to kindly Gary Oldman

loving first time I’ve ever seen him called that lol

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

sigher posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89k_oaorL1Y

Huh? Huh?!?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

YES.

However, now I'm wondering who I pointed this out to because the friend I thought I saw this with hasn't even seen it...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

perhaps you were the one transforming

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That scene is even better when you remember that the films are based on true stories!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

oldpainless posted:

That scene is even better when you remember that the films are based on true stories!

Ghostwatch is a more accurate adaptation of the Enfield Poltergeist than the Conjuring version.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Thinking about a movie that may or may not exist…

I watched The Siege (1998) with a friend while we were hungover and we started talking about movies where New York is locked down/cut off.

We both thought there was another one similar to The Siege where it’s a military thing, possibly terrorist driven, but haven’t come up with it. We’ve ruled out Escape from NY, The First Purge, Cloverfield, I am Legend, and Red Dawn (not NY but military occupation).

Is there another movie where the military cuts off/locks down/occupies New York or part of it?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

DRINK ME posted:

I watched The Siege (1998) with a friend while we were hungover and we started talking about movies where New York is locked down/cut off.

We both thought there was another one similar to The Siege where it’s a military thing, possibly terrorist driven, but haven’t come up with it. We’ve ruled out Escape from NY, The First Purge, Cloverfield, I am Legend, and Red Dawn (not NY but military occupation).

Is there another movie where the military cuts off/locks down/occupies New York or part of it?

21 Bridges I think?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DRINK ME posted:

Reeeaaaalllly doubt it but maybe you're thinking of The Dark Knight Rises?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Edit: misread

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DRINK ME posted:

Doesn't this happen in Warm Bodies?

Edit: 28 Weeks Later, too, but that's London, not New York.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Thanks all. Good suggestions but apart from 28 weeks later I don’t think they’re what I was thinking about. It’s British so I don’t think it was 28 weeks later but all I really recall of that movie is thinking it wasn’t as good as the first one.

The more I search the more I’m starting to think that I saw the siege, forgot it and now I’m thinking about the same movie I just saw and getting confused.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
There is a B movie called Escape the Bronx, was on MST3K.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

DRINK ME posted:

Thanks all. Good suggestions but apart from 28 weeks later I don’t think they’re what I was thinking about. It’s British so I don’t think it was 28 weeks later but all I really recall of that movie is thinking it wasn’t as good as the first one.

The more I search the more I’m starting to think that I saw the siege, forgot it and now I’m thinking about the same movie I just saw and getting confused.

The Mouse That Roared fits those qualities, but I'm 150% sure that isn't what you're thinking about at all.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Cross-posting from the Aliens thread now that I've completely hosed up my search history.

A woman is pregnant and there is a scene where she is getting an ultrasound, or maybe a playback of a recording of an ultrasound where they see the sperm fertilizing the egg, but then shortly after a second, alien sperm goes into the egg as well. I think later she ends up giving birth and I'm not sure if it's alive or not, but it ends up being some sort of creature (I think it's dead because she says something like "I want to see it").

Saw it when I was a kid, so a horror movie from the 80s?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

zenguitarman posted:

Cross-posting from the Aliens thread now that I've completely hosed up my search history.

A woman is pregnant and there is a scene where she is getting an ultrasound, or maybe a playback of a recording of an ultrasound where they see the sperm fertilizing the egg, but then shortly after a second, alien sperm goes into the egg as well. I think later she ends up giving birth and I'm not sure if it's alive or not, but it ends up being some sort of creature (I think it's dead because she says something like "I want to see it").

Saw it when I was a kid, so a horror movie from the 80s?

The V miniseries sequel or tv series has a cliffhanger where a teen girl is impregnated by her alien boyfriend and gives birth to a human infant with a long lizard tongue.

There are probably a lot of movies with women impregnated by aliens. Ironically, Alien is about the only one I can think of where an alien impregnates a man.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

happyhippy posted:

There is a B movie called Escape the Bronx, was on MST3K.

Oh was this the day we were supposed to leave the Bronx?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

I AM GRANDO posted:

The V miniseries sequel or tv series has a cliffhanger where a teen girl is impregnated by her alien boyfriend and gives birth to a human infant with a long lizard tongue.

V definitely had the "I want to see it" line. It also were two infants, the lizard one was stillborn.