Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

I usually smile at these strips but this one had me laughing out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

drat, that steam/smoke rising from the arrow wound of Dialyodd's corpse.

Anyways, in today's Blueberry: Harry du Bois nods in sympathy, or Blueberry impresses the local clergy with his typical charm, or He may be an alcoholic, but at least Blueberry's a functioning alcoholic

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

only just noticed that it's the Flagstons, plus Beetle Bailey

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Samovar posted:

drat, that steam/smoke rising from the arrow wound of Dialyodd's corpse.

That is a meteorite wound.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Storefri

Unlike the US, there's no cops in norwegian public schools so this would be a big deal.
TegneHanne

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

ellie the beep posted:

the football storyline ended with the villain coach winning the game, but being unsatisfied in his win because thorp was being a good sport about losing. right now we are starting up basketball season and also advancing the gil thorp's marriage is crumbling storyline with what is looking like a surprise twist lesbian affair with the tennis golf instructor

honestly i am loving loving gil thorp after forcing myself to actually read it, BUT i will say the biggest flaw in it is the sports. because gil thorp is in fact a high school gym coach his professional and personal life are kinda gonna by necessity revolve around high school sports. so far it looks like the writer is trying to keep the sports shown accurate for what would be played in high school at the time, which puts a fairly severe limit to how the sport-sided storylines can and must progress; its the holiday problem i pointed out earlier but very unfortunately baked into the premise

i dunno, maybe im making excuses, but i genuinely do like gil thorp and im glad it gets posted :shobon:

I have to agree with all of this. I tend to skip past the game-centric strips, but I am enjoying the hell out of the rest of it. So Julet Esqu, please know that you are not posting it in vain.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Alhazred posted:

Unlike the US, there's no cops in norwegian public schools so this would be a big deal.

To be fair, there are only cops in US schools when they aren't being shot up.

So there are no cops in US schools.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Colorist making a bold choice with what is apparently white, snowless grass in this one.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/14/03

Brenda Starr 3/19/50

Smokey Stover 4/13/52

(Blue coal, you ask? One Pennsylvania coal company painted their coal blue to make it stand out from the competition. Heating your house with burning paint fumes must have been fun.)

Everyday Movies 1/1/36

"Wasn't that nice -- Peter got my watch out of hock for me for a Christmas present."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 7/22-24/40

Selachian fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 15, 2023

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

only just noticed that it's the Flagstons, plus Beetle Bailey
I think that's their teen son.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 7/22-24/40

This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite comics in the thread.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zereth posted:

I think that's their teen son.

confirmed: Chip Flagston and Beetle Bailey are the same person

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

Ah, the comic strip equivalent of a clip show episode. Someone was feeling lazy this week.

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

FoxTrot

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Selachian posted:

Get Fuzzy 1/14/03

The card from Quayle having "Hoe, Hoe, Hoe" on the front is a good gag.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (January 18, 1976)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire and the Curse of Tangaroa!

Once again, the Sunday Popeye goes full Ham.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 15, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Everyone is an rear end in a top hat in Dustinverse.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 15, 2023

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Don't make me sympathize with Ed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Just explode the dustinverse like an errant Marvel universe and get it over with. Jesus loving christ.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

CommonShore posted:

This is legitimately the most I've liked Ed since I've been aware of this strip's existence and I want it to stop.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

5) Pigs know what we do to them and are plotting their revenge (True)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Ed has talked a lot of poo poo but that tongue out effort is engaging.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
what are some of the highpoints of Dustin? Like, the most parody worthy stuff? Also, did one of you do this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_(comic_strip)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jfc what kind of coach is like "haha you fat idiot I can't believe you aren't an Olympian on your first attempt at pole vaulting in 30 years!"

Why is everyone in that universe an rear end in a top hat?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Because it's written from the perspective of a Boomer rear end in a top hat.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (January 18, 1976)

It's made with eggs you sick gently caress.

F Minus

:china:

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

"Did I mention that I hear better than humans?"

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

samcarsten posted:

what are some of the highpoints of Dustin? Like, the most parody worthy stuff? Also, did one of you do this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_(comic_strip)

Can't help but notice that the description of the family dynamics has been locked in since the middle of 2011. That takes dedication.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Arlo and Janis Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Pancho Jueves posted:

Colorist making a bold choice with what is apparently white, snowless grass in this one.
To be fair, there being snow on the ground and having a snow day are two very different things(unless you live in a state where snow is a freak occurance, I guess). Snow days are also a hell of a lot rarer irl than kid me had been led to believe by cartoons. :negative:

Nostalgamus posted:

This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite comics in the thread.
:same:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

12 years later...

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Wow, you folks found like the one and only Wikipedia article without a literally-insane contributor watching for modifications to their precious little baby. :wow:

I guess everyone hates Dustin.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pancho Jueves posted:

Honestly, it's the only choice that makes sense to me, you wouldn't wish for a snowday unless there was actual snow on the ground, since otherwise you are just demanding random acts of god. However, when you get that snowfall and hit that sweet spot where a kid wakes up and things haven't been plowed yet it can look like civilization is collapsing and you get to sleep in and watch cartoons or whatever.

Sundae posted:

Wow, you folks found like the one and only Wikipedia article without a literally-insane contributor watching for modifications to their precious little baby. :wow:

It's just that the insane wiki gargoyle is a goon who believes in the funny thing this time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Because it's written from the perspective of a Boomer rear end in a top hat.

Which is especially funny given Ed is almost certainly a Gen X-er now if Dustin is 24. The youngest Boomers turned 35 in 1999.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Kennel posted:

Dustin

Everyone is an rear end in a top hat in Dustinverse.

Is this guy unaware that he's running a business?

ellie the beep posted:

honestly i am loving loving gil thorp after forcing myself to actually read it, BUT i will say the biggest flaw in it is the sports. because gil thorp is in fact a high school gym coach his professional and personal life are kinda gonna by necessity revolve around high school sports. so far it looks like the writer is trying to keep the sports shown accurate for what would be played in high school at the time, which puts a fairly severe limit to how the sport-sided storylines can and must progress; its the holiday problem i pointed out earlier but very unfortunately baked into the premise

i dunno, maybe im making excuses, but i genuinely do like gil thorp and im glad it gets posted :shobon:

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I have to agree with all of this. I tend to skip past the game-centric strips, but I am enjoying the hell out of the rest of it. So Julet Esqu, please know that you are not posting it in vain.

Okay, for you I'll keep posting it. But not today.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 11/21-23/49

Archie 3/28-30/46

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Sundae posted:

lol check the talk page, the closest this has come to being changed is a couple of angry right wingers last year who griped about changing it and then never changed it

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Jan 29, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 16-17, 1992)

Big Nate

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
The Antique Dealer’s Tale

Cthulhu and Girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball