Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller

baka fwocka fwame posted:

this isn’t really related to anything but has anyone noticed you can vividly hallucinate while falling asleep by like half closing your eyes and imagining a new context immediately around you. you can literally go to sleep in the middle of a collapsing star

I can try, but I get super jolts just as I'm falling asleep.
used to be just little leg twitches, but it has progressed to launching myself into the air if I'm prone, or throwing a partner out of bed if spooning.
Sometimes as I'm trying to go to sleep, I can feel a sensation like building tension, almost emotional tension, then it's like a spark goes off in the back of my head, and I can feel a rapid propagation of spasm right down my body, and a huge relief of that tension. But, it does jolt me fully awake.
Other times, the big twitch just fires off without a buildup of tension. Oh, and for extra fun, it makes me shout a loud grunt at the same time. That is embarrassing when I'm sleeping somewhere with others in the hearing range.
Yay, TMI overshare of weird sleep stuff. strange, but it almost feels good.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

nu av/title debut wanted to bring out the best in my sig

im the belle of the ball

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

it’s ok I’m p sure I snore

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

xcheopis

B33rChiller posted:

I can try, but I get super jolts just as I'm falling asleep.
used to be just little leg twitches, but it has progressed to launching myself into the air if I'm prone, or throwing a partner out of bed if spooning.
Sometimes as I'm trying to go to sleep, I can feel a sensation like building tension, almost emotional tension, then it's like a spark goes off in the back of my head, and I can feel a rapid propagation of spasm right down my body, and a huge relief of that tension. But, it does jolt me fully awake.
Other times, the big twitch just fires off without a buildup of tension. Oh, and for extra fun, it makes me shout a loud grunt at the same time. That is embarrassing when I'm sleeping somewhere with others in the hearing range.
Yay, TMI overshare of weird sleep stuff. strange, but it almost feels good.

I've been prone to hypnic/myoclonic jerks (maybe seizure?) since I hit puberty but it wasn't until very recently that I found out that's what those are. They usually aren't painful but do feel very weird, in a weirdly ok way.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

B33rChiller

xcheopis posted:

I've been prone to hypnic/myoclonic jerks (maybe seizure?) since I hit puberty but it wasn't until very recently that I found out that's what those are. They usually aren't painful but do feel very weird, in a weirdly ok way.

high 5!
yeah, I didn't think it was anything to worry about, but got curious when it progressed, so I asked my Dr. He didn't seem to be concerned, provided it wasn't injuring anyone, and I was able to get to sleep.

Dr. Honked posted:

xcheopis

B33rChiller posted:

high 5!
yeah, I didn't think it was anything to worry about, but got curious when it progressed, so I asked my Dr. He didn't seem to be concerned, provided it wasn't injuring anyone, and I was able to get to sleep.

Yeah, that's my view. I keep a careful eye on my health (except when it comes to sugarbread) and this just doesn't seem to be an issue.
I've also started having them when I'm either very relaxed (e.g., just kickin' back and reading) or very focused (e.g., at work, when reviewing monthly data).

Shifty Nipples

I get them too, what really bothers me is sometimes I'll feel like I'm gonna fall out of bed as I'm falling asleep. Thanks brain.

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

baka of lathspell

haha like anyone would ever just fall out of bed

nope never happened to me

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

B33rChiller

time to dream of skydiving! have a little fun with it, and no risk. Heck, no need for a parachute.

Dr. Honked posted:

Escape From Noise

Was looking though my old CD/DVD box. I forgot I had this classic!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

I've been looking though my CD collection and I somehow lost my hard copy of Hanatarash We Are 0:00! drat. Had a sticker and everything!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Yoooo what up yobbos

Good day today, got my brain pills, gonna do some cleaning, play some subnautica, crack the whip over my daughters back while she gently organizes her bathroom

Life is good

HP = fine art itt

Quadramind

Indeed it is.

Been sitting on the couch hitting the bifters, playing tetris, spelunky and enter the gungeon.

Quadramind

Something I can't quite let go of, though. There's a jar of peanut butter out of place here somewhere. I saw the mrs wandering around with it and a loaf of bread a few days ago, but then I went to sleep and now nobody knows where the peanut butter is. It was essentially a full jar :confused:

Shifty Nipples

Quadramind posted:

Something I can't quite let go of, though. There's a jar of peanut butter out of place here somewhere. I saw the mrs wandering around with it and a loaf of bread a few days ago, but then I went to sleep and now nobody knows where the peanut butter is. It was essentially a full jar :confused:

lol

lmao even

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

baka of lathspell

this demands a full inquiry & investigation

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Youremother

MORT

(speaking thickly through a mouth filled to the brim with peanut butter) Beatsh Me Buddhy

Shifty Nipples

what are you doing dear?

hmf mff hhrrmf mrf

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Escape From Noise posted:

Was looking though my old CD/DVD box. I forgot I had this classic!

rules

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

baka of lathspell

i was gonna show off my hard copiez but couldn’t find them, I have an old dubstep comp I ordered on a goon rec, the cd ghost coloured halo by loveliescrushing, and a tape from a noise guy called GROOMING called calorie mate with a handwritten note

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

xcheopis

Can't remember if I sold this or not!

xcheopis

Seen them two or three times live; always a great show.

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Hung my favorite print today :kimchi:

HP = fine art itt

Finger Prince

I had left over nasi goreng for lunch and now the whole office smells like nasi goreng.

xcheopis

Not doing laundry today, as it's both rainy and windy and tomorrow is a holiday which will still have wind but not so much rain. Also, I'd prefer to wear myself out getting the loving room in order than wear myself out on laundry and then berate myself for once again not getting this loving room in order.

baka of lathspell

i got sum new clothes today steada doing laundry. a sweater + jeans and I way upgraded my coat sitch

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Hung my favorite print today :kimchi:

hey this looks really good

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm currently eating baked beans and sausages straight out of the can with a spoon. This is the life folks

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

baka of lathspell

Rarity posted:

I'm currently eating baked beans and sausages straight out of the can with a spoon. This is the life folks

nice I’ve been surviving off cans of tuna. i love things in cans

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

sb hermit

Rarity posted:

:nice:

nice I’ve been surviving off cans of tuna. i love things in cans

:same:

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan

i got sum new clothes today steada doing laundry. a sweater + jeans and I way upgraded my coat sitch

New threads (especially a new coat) is always nice 👌

HP = fine art itt

baka of lathspell

yee I agree I love this thing now and I literally just impulse grabbed it

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

i wanna bump the electro thread or whatever if no one objects except that’s hard since I don’t have search and if I made a new op idk what I’d post in it. i mildly forget who made the thread but if u ever feel like bumping it feel free

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

idk I’m obvo just in Posting Mode

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

trying to post so hard i see the syntax sheet of the universe

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Heather Papps

hello friend

i really wish the outdoor style sheets would update more than 4 times a year but whatever i'm glad we just aren't stuck in wintermode permanently anymore

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

baka of lathspell

Heather Papps posted:

i really wish the outdoor style sheets would update more than 4 times a year but whatever i'm glad we just aren't stuck in wintermode permanently anymore

smoking weed to change the universes css to byob chill dot css

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

xcheopis

Progress has been made in the room, yay! Still a long way to go because of The Sofa still being all in the way but my housemate's kitty can now come in and explore again. And then leave in a huff because the "radio" isn't on, on account of me not wanting all of my things to get soaked in rain. Silly kitty!
Also, too, an unexpected Amazon package turned out to contain The Lost Diaries of Nigel Molesworth! whoo and yay!

Heather Papps

hello friend

he's been looking for it

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

xcheopis posted:

Progress has been made in the room, yay! Still a long way to go because of The Sofa still being all in the way but my housemate's kitty can now come in and explore again. And then leave in a huff because the "radio" isn't on, on account of me not wanting all of my things to get soaked in rain. Silly kitty!
Also, too, an unexpected Amazon package turned out to contain The Lost Diaries of Nigel Molesworth! whoo and yay!

i managed to tip my room from full entropy to an entropic order coexistence, yay for winning small battles

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)