Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Hubbert posted:

who the hell laid out this bollard plan lmfao

just gonna give this sidewalk some acupuncture

On one hand I'm like "how's a driver even gonna hit the middle ones", but on the other, I know there are drivers saying "hold my beer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The bollards should remain underground and emerge if it detects a car parked above it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's because if a driver mangles and kills a toddler in front of their school, the school will be the only ones who get in trouble for it

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
https://twitter.com/RuidoEnLaRed/status/1613200074305146880?s=20
"Uh, I didn't see you"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

there's people/families that can make use of that space, but a 4/4 3000sqft house isn't what I'd be looking for if I wanted 'affordable'

four loving bathrooms lol

i would like a bathroom to be open to me at all times since my guts dont work good. thank you.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jesus how is that guy still alive

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Do drivers not have guns in Argentina?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

withak posted:

only occult nazi black magic im afraid

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Cycled a 2 km round trip to get coffee and a snack for morning tea today, good to not have to start the car for such an absurdly short trip.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

withak posted:

That is a uniquely American sickness, people in cities in other countries won't summarily execute you for touching their property or getting in their way. They'll just yell at you

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol where i live is so far away from building any of these
https://twitter.com/QAGreenways/status/1613595490788184065

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That is a uniquely American sickness, people in cities in other countries won't summarily execute you for touching their property or getting in their way. They'll just yell at you

that doesn't really happen in the US either, lay off the Fox News

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/jangelooff/status/1614632171175661571

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Yes, carbrains are Nazis.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Checks out, America was quickly and totally occupied by the cars, except for a small resistance

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/KrampusSnail/status/1614491362635952130?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hell yeah

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Some solid replies on that one from people trying to thread the needle of THIS landlording bad because it stop car but all other landlording good still

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dennis Quirk, the president of the New York State Court Officers Association, said his association's members were “absolutely opposed” to the bike lane, pointing to the need to keep traffic moving on Centre Street as a security concern. He argued curbside parking spaces are important for criminal court judges who “don't like traveling on the train or public transportation and then bumping into people whose cases are in front of them.”

“I don't think the priority of them getting bikes over the Brooklyn Bridge outweighs the security of the court buildings,” he said.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

put the bike lane though the lobby

mystes
May 31, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

Dennis Quirk, the president of the New York State Court Officers Association, said his association's members were “absolutely opposed” to the bike lane, pointing to the need to keep traffic moving on Centre Street as a security concern. He argued curbside parking spaces are important for criminal court judges who “don't like traveling on the train or public transportation and then bumping into people whose cases are in front of them.”

“I don't think the priority of them getting bikes over the Brooklyn Bridge outweighs the security of the court buildings,” he said.
Wow what a coincidence that the judges also hate pedestrians and cyclists

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

How do parking spaces keep traffic moving lmao, and that's not even the dumbest most openly elitist thing about the statement!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

easy solution to ruin this for the judge is to park a converted bus/camper home and squat the spaces until his robes are steaming and he sends swat to beat you up.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This is a common policy on college campuses because they enroll far more students than they can accommodate and, ostensibly, to encourage other forms of transportation.

I argued with our union about it because they've been yelling about free parking. A $20 raise would obviously be more effective because it doesn't remove the parking disincentive, but I think they are more emotionally insulted by the purpose of the fee itself than the dollar amount.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

there's people/families that can make use of that space, but a 4/4 3000sqft house isn't what I'd be looking for if I wanted 'affordable'

four loving bathrooms lol

I went to an Open House once with like 5 bathrooms and I said "that's too many bathrooms" and the realtor was like, "I've never heard anybody say that before". I guess rich people are all crazy.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I've never lived in a home with more than one bathroom

if you read Peter Hook (Joy Division / New Order)'s biography, he talks about how they all made fun of Stephen Morris for being "posh" because his dad's house had two bathrooms.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my house has three bathrooms if you count the back yard

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

that doesn't really happen in the US either, lay off the Fox News

It absolutely does.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/frequency-road-rage-incidents-high-western-washington/281-7c06870c-7071-4b69-a775-585f4b2bd0b5

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I've never lived in a home with more than one bathroom

Does the pgh shitter count as a bathroom?

Apr 7, 2003

I don't have a Pittsburgh toilet

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

every place you post from, is a toilet

Apr 7, 2003

Very rude.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my parents in north jersey had one but they had the plumming modernized so that an austere silent hill looking basement toilet not need to exist to prevent sewage from overflowing higher in the house in case of a major backup

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

PerniciousKnid posted:

I went to an Open House once with like 5 bathrooms and I said "that's too many bathrooms" and the realtor was like, "I've never heard anybody say that before". I guess rich people are all crazy.

I'm looking at places to buy, and a lot of them have more bathrooms than people. I just do not loving understand. It seems like more than one bathroom per three or four people is excess, and space that goes unused 99% of the time that is a pain in the rear end to clean.

Apr 7, 2003

new norm appears to be one bathroom per bedroom + a guest bathroom near the front of the house

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

You need two bathrooms if you have multiple residents and one of them is a shitterposter and/or takes long rear end showers and/or spends ages doing makeup.

Two is enough for most families though, even with three kids.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"Half bath", so, can I take a poo poo in there or not?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Lib and let die posted:

Don't poo poo in the bath.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

you can if you're willing to use a toilet instead of stomping

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Lib and let die posted:

you have my permission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
half bath is for very short ppl