Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/JoeSpectorNY/status/1614382221758009345

lol he's just the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

i wish hm luck

Sort of getting the idea some people would vote down a minimum wage increase if they saw car ownership stats right beforehand

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rubellavator posted:

says they were placed into housing but who knows

Jail is housing.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

Jail is housing.

sounds like the homeless have access to affordable housing

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Excelzior posted:

sounds like the homeless have access to affordable housing

And entry-level jobs!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

loquacius posted:

Sort of getting the idea some people would vote down a minimum wage increase if they saw refrigerator ownership stats right beforehand

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

loquacius posted:

Sort of getting the idea some people would vote down a minimum wage increase if they saw car ownership stats right beforehand

not me

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1j0FS0Z6ho&t=8s

I lol every time.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Totally a party worth supporting because imagine who the Republicans would nominate! :downsbravo:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/jalin1958/status/1614686853252190210

one of the many bad genres of Internet post is the kind that amalgamates crowds into a single person with imagined hypocrisies

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
soon as they like you
make 'em unlike you
cause kissin people's rear end is
so unlike you

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

See soon as somebody don’t like somebody I hate you I hate you but first he was the best speaker in the world but now I don’t like him You guys are so 2 face. Yeah I just said it to faced OK.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I mean I guess there might be succ Dems among the tweet's critics who supported Speaker Jeffries, but a lot of them probably knew nothing about his politics and saw him as a D blank slate. Stage 1 of this particular succ cycle is that they have to support a D blank slate, or else they're disloyal, stage 2 is that they stop being a blank slate and show off their succ, prompting "I supported him and now he's doing a bad thing ?! ?!" rejoinders with "oh, now you have to support him still or else you're not only disloyal but a hypocrite", and stage 3 is that the critics forget and become the politician's defenders, like a D snowball rolling downhill rolling back up some loose chunks of snow.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gotta love when you win an argument and this happens

Badge of honor motherfuckers, sorry bout ur tenbux :c00l:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DV should have to pay for parking, exclusively.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

DV should have to pay for parking, exclusively.

and everyone else's too

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
oh hay it's that time of year where we all thank obama for the lubeless loving he gave us

because there's a dogshit "silver" plan that pays nothing and has copays higher than the cost of a doctor visit that's $1000 cheaper than the cheapest plan that's worth anything at all I got a $1000 tax penalty

and also thank you joe biden for killing the child tax credit and plunging millions of children into poverty

truly the best pair of presidents we've ever had.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Harik posted:

because they don't tweet mean things

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Harik posted:

oh hay it's that time of year where we all thank obama for the lubeless loving he gave us

because there's a dogshit "silver" plan that pays nothing and has copays higher than the cost of a doctor visit that's $1000 cheaper than the cheapest plan that's worth anything at all I got a $1000 tax penalty

and also thank you joe biden for killing the child tax credit and plunging millions of children into poverty

good news: a certain poster has assured us that there are zero-premium, zero-deductible health plans for people who aren't rich

bad news: the poster's history of prevarication in service to the democrat party

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lobster shirt posted:

See soon as somebody don’t like somebody I hate you I hate you but first he was the best speaker in the world but now I don’t like him You guys are so 2 face. Yeah I just said it to faced OK.

dehakeemize your self and 2 face to bloodshed

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Willa Rogers posted:

good news: a certain poster has assured us that there are zero-premium, zero-deductible health plans for people who aren't rich

bad news: the poster's history of prevarication in service to the democrat party
sure would be nice to find one of those plans, tbh that might even be better than the actual plan that is provided by my employer (thank god my wife is in academia)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

no obamacare for you if your employer doesn't charge you more than 8.5 percent of your gross income for insurance premiums, even if it comes with a $8,000/year deductible.

them's the rules! that's what's deemed "affordable"!

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

wow, from the bottom 2/3 of the class to the top half! even if it weren’t a lie, that could mean nothing at all.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Barack Obama really wanted to give you guys good healthcare, we swear. A coterie of Dems like Max Baucus and Joe Lieberman prevented him from doing so. Next time vote harder.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I love how obamacare makes you do the means-testing on yourself throughout the year, and you either must change the formula numbers as you go or get hit with a tax penalty for underpayment of what the succlords have determined that you should pay.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Willa Rogers posted:

I love how obamacare makes you do the means-testing on yourself throughout the year, and either change the numbers as you go or get hit with a tax penalty for underpayment of what the succlords have decided you should pay.

yeah I renewed in November and it took a bit of digging to really make sure I had it before todays deadline! stupid crap

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

even the libs are getting triggered by the biden papers

quote:

Democratic allies are voicing frustration with White House officials’ tight-lipped approach to the classified documents found in an office and residence of President Joe Biden, calling on the administration to be more forthcoming in its handling of the issue.

The uproar over the documents has quickly distracted from the administration's policy agenda and could also influence the timing of Biden announcing his 2024 plans. Some Democrats now suggest that he wait and let the controversy wane before launching a re-election bid.

Until then, Biden needs to more fully explain how and why classified records dating back to his vice presidency wound up in his garage and a private office in Washington, D.C., according to Democratic strategists, lawmakers and even administration officials.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

and of course it's out of self-interest:

quote:

“I presume they’re trying to line up the facts and give us guidance,” the lawmaker said, speaking on condition of anonymity to talk more freely. “But we’re also hanging out here.”

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the kamala harris school of advanced degrees in political communication:

quote:

Asked by NBC News on Friday why the administration waited to publicly disclose the documents’ discovery until reporters learned of them, Jean-Pierre said: “Because it’s an ongoing process. Because, again, it’s an ongoing process. There is a process here. The Department of Justice is independent. We respect that process.”

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
he probably just forgot!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

yeah I renewed in November and it took a bit of digging to really make sure I had it before todays deadline! stupid crap

You can change it via HR or healthcare.gov throughout the year, not only to have the pleasure of paying more to the poor struggling insurance company & less for anything useful but also to experience firsthand the excellent customer-service & billing practices for which the insurance industry is renown.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

period full stop closed quotation marks carriage return. why do people do this stupid poo poo Exclamation point exclamation point exclamation point question mark

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I went from extremely good employer-provided insurance (that still left me grossly in debt after a hospital stay) to the sort of employer-provided insurance where I appear to be paying solely for the privilege of spending money and being told what I'm not allowed to spend my money on, and lol if they will ever actually pay for anything ever.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Oh look, someone has taken lessons from dnd mods about siloing uncomfortable discussion topics:

quote:

One step Biden should consider is naming a dedicated person to field questions about the documents so that the White House isn’t bogged down on a daily basis by a controversy that distracts from his policy goals, Democratic strategists said.

“The White House should consider appointing a separate spokesperson to handle all questions related to this matter,” said Karen Finney, a Democratic strategist who also served in the Clinton White House. “If someone else is handling questions related to that matter, you still have a press briefing where you’re able to communicate the issues of the day that you’re trying to get out.”

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

:qq:

The view of some Biden aides is that, unlike Trump, Biden fully cooperated with authorities and yet Americans may conclude that both men mishandled records and are at fault, the person said.

:qq:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

sry for all the posts but I've been doing client work & I'm punchy. :shobon:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

plus I can't get enough of that av. :swoon:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

NY POST IS ON THE CASE!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011