Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm at work! I have a job!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Doing my own test:
Shake Alone
Shake + Thrill + Bloodwhetting. Thrill is supposed to add 20% do tripling is odd anyway.
At ilevel 619

no no you gotta do bloodwhetting, thrill, then shake it off :v:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Everybody who wants a house should come to Dynamis so my queues get better. Primal is old and weak. Dynamis is the new hotness.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

YggiDee posted:

I'm at work! I have a job!!!

shameful

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I dc traveled to dynamis and their pf had like 20 entries including the RP ads. sad! more people should live there.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I scouted out some possible houses but I'm waiting until the last day before I decide on something. As much as I want that sweet medium in the Lavender Beds, I don't think I want to go up against a billion other players like normal lottos

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

I scouted out some possible houses but I'm waiting until the last day before I decide on something. As much as I want that sweet medium in the Lavender Beds, I don't think I want to go up against a billion other players like normal lottos

Yeah, I've always bid on Lavender and the occasional Goblet but at this point if there's single digits I'm taking a shot no matter where it is

The omnicrafters must be ecstatic. Furniture is about to have a big boom

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I bid for the beachfront plot I want, not the safer bet. With demolition back on there will be plenty of "good enough" plots later, I'm shooting for the moon now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TheWorldsaStage posted:

The omnicrafters must be ecstatic. Furniture is about to have a big boom

I've been stockpiling flooring and walls *just* for this, yep. :D

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
What are the chances a house will still be available in the like week or two it's going to take us to hit the requirements?

My hetero life partner just got her first commendation and she was pretty stoked. I don't have the heart to tell her I have 8.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kerrzhe posted:

no no you gotta do bloodwhetting, thrill, then shake it off :v:

Yeah I was doing them in that order, just didn't write it

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

My hetero life partner just got her first commendation and she was pretty stoked. I don't have the heart to tell her I have 8.
dps versus non-dps?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

dps versus non-dps?

Correct. Tank and dps

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Last night I tanked my rear end off in the new Alliance raid, to the point where I was even getting praise in the chat. Throwing out Divine Veils and Passage of Arms on raidwides like they were candy. We definitely would have had more deaths if I hadn't, people were constantly eating mechanics.

Not a single commendation from my own party :negative:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 15, 2023

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Even if the smalls sell through which might not be certain, the ~two lottos after this one will have a lot of houses as people hermit crab around. Without knowing more details about your situation it's hard to say, but probably good chance? Don't forget you'll also need some money

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

No Mods No Masters posted:

Even if the smalls sell through which might not be certain, the ~two lottos after this one will have a lot of houses as people hermit crab around. Without knowing more details about your situation it's hard to say, but probably good chance? Don't forget you'll also need some money

Fair enough! I was thinking like this was going to be like.. the only lottery this year or something. Not sure why I thought that, but details from Google seem sparse.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Auto-demolition has also finally been reenabled, so there'll be more plots eventually popping up as long-time unsubscribers lose theirs.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Fair enough! I was thinking like this was going to be like.. the only lottery this year or something. Not sure why I thought that, but details from Google seem sparse.

Oh no, it's every week, plots permitting.

Because of the war in Ukriane demolition (houses being taken back if you haven't logged on in x amount of time, it's pretty generous) was turned off, leading to no new plots opening up. It's been turned back on so we won't have the issue of every plot being full all the time

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Correct. Tank and dps
Yeah, 8:1 feels like about the right ratio. Even the dps with raise (SMN, RDM) don't get the love, let alone the poor "just doing my job quietly" drg/mnk/whatever

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Bloody Pom posted:

Last night I tanked my rear end off in the new Alliance raid, to the point where I was even getting praise in the chat. Throwing out Divine Veils and Passage of Arms on raidwides like they were candy. We definitely would have had more deaths if I hadn't, people were constantly eating mechanics.

Not a single commendation from my own party :negative:

the commendation meta changed drastically with this patch introducing portraits to duty finder content, now instead of being a fight between the tanks and healers its a battle of wits

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, 8:1 feels like about the right ratio. Even the dps with raise (SMN, RDM) don't get the love, let alone the poor "just doing my job quietly" drg/mnk/whatever

Meanwhile anecdotally if you're a black mage who doesn't die people will comm the gently caress out of you at times

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Nophica knows I'm waiting for the last day to see where the better odds are

The eternal question - do you snipe on the last day to get a plot with good odds, or do you claim early to discourage other people from claiming the plot you want?

I'm currently the only claimant on the best medium spot in ishgard. I doubt it'll last but you never know.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
My strategy is to claim early so I can banish being irritable about housing lottos from my head for 5 full days. :v:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Doomykins posted:

My strategy is to claim early so I can banish being irritable about housing lottos from my head for 5 full days. :v:

My problem is that now I'm going to be (completely pointlessly) obesessing over how many people have put in bids on "my" plot, until the auction ends

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I'm not looking at all until results period. Seriously, it's the only way to deal with an inherently toxic system. I've got it reduced down to looking around to bid and the little gut punch of reclaiming my gil at the placard.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Doomykins posted:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
What job-specific animations/poses can we get for portrait use? Draw Weapon, Sheathe Weapon, Battle Stance, Victory Stance, and PvP Limit Break I have - are there others? Maybe for the drawn weapon poses or running with weapon or any job action?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SuperKlaus posted:

What job-specific animations/poses can we get for portrait use? Draw Weapon, Sheathe Weapon, Battle Stance, Victory Stance, and PvP Limit Break I have - are there others? Maybe for the drawn weapon poses or running with weapon or any job action?

That seems to be it+two of the standing choices is your combat stance and idle stance with your weapon out, would love to use Gunbreaker's Royal Guard animation for my portrait...

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 15, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I just want a small plot in Ishgard where my wife can grow onions :shobon:

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I would love to use Passage of Arms for my PLD portrait. Or a Fire IV or Despair cast animation on BLM. They should really expand the list of actions you can use for those things at some point.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I need to find a way to somehow include Zantetsuken (the PLD one) in my portrait. Give me an Obari pose option Yoshi-P.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I bid on a small plot in hopes that I can build a jazz kissa on it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

In alliance raid this week I SMN rezzed one of our healers 10 times. No comms.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The only fight I had trouble with is the second one, due to it constantly changing the rules on how its mechanics worked.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Bruceski posted:

In alliance raid this week I SMN rezzed one of our healers 10 times. No comms.

I hope that healer felt massive shame

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I'm still agonizing over going with Empyreum or LB. Bunch of smalls at 0 bids for each on my server so it probably doesn't matter.

Is there any advantage for bidding in wards 26-29 instead of 30 for smalls? 30 is private buyers only, the others are a mix. I imagine beachside and highly desirable plots could get dog piled by FCs outside ward 30 but idk

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

i always commend dps unless a tank or healer does something exceptionally impressive, which basically never happens

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

biceps crimes posted:

I'm still agonizing over going with Empyreum or LB. Bunch of smalls at 0 bids for each on my server so it probably doesn't matter.

Is there any advantage for bidding in wards 26-29 instead of 30 for smalls? 30 is private buyers only, the others are a mix. I imagine beachside and highly desirable plots could get dog piled by FCs outside ward 30 but idk

Fc's usually aren't bothered with smalls, but it's really up in the air how the numbers will fall right now.

Speaking of fc's, on Excal there were party finders offering bribes for people to sign up so they can bid on fc plots last time I looked

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Countblanc posted:

i always commend dps unless a tank or healer does something exceptionally impressive, which basically never happens

Lot of healers earning coms from me lately by esuna'ing doom off of me after I did something stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm torn between relocating to a medium and relocating to beachfront. :ohdear: