Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

zelah posted:

Bob’s tour is canceled so now the gay people in my wife’s phone are convinced that All Stars: All Winners 2 is coming.

Bob has been pretty adamant that he would never do Drag Race again, especially with how he thought Monet was robbed in All Stars 7, but who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Possibly low ticket sales? Not sure if there's a way to check that.

zelah posted:

Bob’s tour is canceled so now the gay people in my wife’s phone are convinced that All Stars: All Winners 2 is coming.

This is how my partner refers to goons. :smug:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Nihonniboku posted:

Bob has been pretty adamant that he would never do Drag Race again, especially with how he thought Monet was robbed in All Stars 7, but who knows

I know you are probably not Bob but lol @ Monet being robbed. Co-winners shouldn’t have counted in the first place.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
But Monet won that AS4 lip sync too

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Read After Burning posted:

Possibly low ticket sales? Not sure if there's a way to check that.

This is how my partner refers to goons. :smug:

Lmao same

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Hi to everyone outside the phones!

Also the episode is so loving fast now. Maybe too fast? Then again, I don't need to see them struggle filming more.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Also the episode is so loving fast now. Maybe too fast? Then again, I don't need to see them struggle filming more.

Yeah, we were spoiled there with 90 minute episodes for the last few years. Hitting the runway 30 minutes into the hour was way too soon.

It was frustrating last season when it seemed like nobody ever went home, but now I don't feel like I anyone well enough that I agree with them going home already. In seasons past, usually the first couple of queens to go home were loving busted, it seemed like they were cast specifically to go home first. But queens these days are so polished, with their looks at least, that it can make it hard.

Edit: The eliminated queen Not surprised at all that they kept Amethyst, after they showed the judges giving her compliments and constructive critique on how to improve her makeup, which they didn't give Princess Poppy. Maybe they did during filming, but they didn't show it during the edit.

Next week: Snatch game already? I don't think there has ever been a Snatch Game with 14 queens.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 14, 2023

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Plus side: NO JUDGES DELIBERATION THANK CHER

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
This is literally the only show I watch live and I cannot deal with these commercials. I usually just buy the season on amazon and watch it the next day and I am really considering it again for this season.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Bookish posted:

This is literally the only show I watch live and I cannot deal with these commercials. I usually just buy the season on amazon and watch it the next day and I am really considering it again for this season.

I haven't watched MTV in like a decade, so it's weird seeing all these commercials aimed at teenagers.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Snatch Game already??? :psyduck:

It sounds like they're splitting the group into two groups of 7, though. Not sure if I like that because I actually thought All Winners' double Snatch Game felt a bit cramped, but I guess this way it's easier for them to handpick the best (and worst) bits to put in

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Pinwiz11 posted:

Plus side: NO JUDGES DELIBERATION THANK CHER

I skip it every time. You're just describing exactly what we just saw and repeating what you just told us!! shut the gently caress up and make these hoes dance for me!!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

lol I checked out the AV Club's review and there are two endings to the article: One for each lsfyl participant.

It makes sense if the review copy doesn't have the elimination, it's just funny that it wasn't edited before publishing.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

lol I checked out the AV Club's review and there are two endings to the article: One for each lsfyl participant.

It makes sense if the review copy doesn't have the elimination, it's just funny that it wasn't edited before publishing.

avclub has fired a ton of their writing and editing staff, and their articles are regularly littered with spelling, factual, and grammatical errors

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
41 minutes for an episode? I don’t think.

Give us back the full episodes. This was like some whiplash fuckery. Mind you this challenge was some typical bullshit. Who thought it was a good idea? Ru after one too many hits of poppers in the dressing room?

After watching untucked it was clear why Poppy got the edit she did.

As for next week, if they’re doing double snatch game, give us 2 winners and 2 eliminations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
These rushed edits are not it. Are they gonna cut runways to like 5 seconds per queen every time? Imagine if they did that to S14 and we didn't get Daya Betty's iconic "I'm wearing eleven inch. plat. form. heels. and a duct. tape. crown. covered in - CONSTRUCTION PAPER"

Challenge was pretty meh except for the first team. I cackled with Ru every time Sasha snapped her neck.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Man, those bottom three queens are the only queens I don't have a read on. Like, their looks aren't showy enough or their personalities aren't up to snuff, SOMETHING, 'cause I barely remember they're there until they're called to lipsync.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 14, 2023

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I feel like they’re setting up for a bit of a short redemption arc for Amythyst with that nose thing. She’s got a couple episodes left I reckon

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

tote up a bags posted:

I skip it every time. You're just describing exactly what we just saw and repeating what you just told us!! shut the gently caress up and make these hoes dance for me!!

Judges deliberation is usually when I realize I've been reading my phone the whole time and missed all the moments they're discussing so I restart the episode

I will say though that I've found this season pretty compelling so far and feel I've gotten to know the queens better than usual at this point. Also happy with the first boots.

Normy fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 14, 2023

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I can't believe Drag Race is making me yell at the TV in defense of the TikTok babies. Sugar is a huge TikTok star!! They literally do skits for millions of viewers and this was a comedy skit challenge!! They literally put her on the side because she's a young social media twink and therefore not worthy of having input and then she was the only one setting up jokes for everyone to play off of.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m not gonna lie, I have Anetra saying “Absolutely nothing!” playing in my head on repeat. That group was so clearly the winner compared to the others. I cannot see Anetra not making it too Top 5 or something.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Pinwiz11 posted:

Hi to everyone outside the phones!

Apparently the episodes were filmed to be full length but someone at MTV thought it would be a super good idea to have The Real Friends of WeHo featuring unlikable Disney gay Toddrick Hall in between the show and Untucked so they edited thirty minutes or so off of each episode.

https://twitter.com/salinaestitties/status/1614119109779943424?s=46&t=i4ezvj___frXVZ8C6bqZNg

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbeet posted:

Apparently the episodes were filmed to be full length

If that's the case, then hopefully they'll be willing to put out extended cuts of the episodes. If the work is already done.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Eej posted:

I can't believe Drag Race is making me yell at the TV in defense of the TikTok babies. Sugar is a huge TikTok star!! They literally do skits for millions of viewers and this was a comedy skit challenge!! They literally put her on the side because she's a young social media twink and therefore not worthy of having input and then she was the only one setting up jokes for everyone to play off of.

This is a really good point and I wonder how long it will take the competitors to realize that the comedy and acting challenges result in an amount of footage that can fit in a tiktok.

Salina EsTitties runway this week was so ugly and so stupid that I absolutely loved it.

baronmasochist
Jan 17, 2004

colors

Eej posted:

The moment in the werk room when they were coming up with queer icons and Sugar pipes in with Beyonce and "white girl wasted at the gay bar" probably didn't help her standing in the group. I was expecting Mistress to elaborate but the episode moved on to the next thing before any of that could happen.

angerbeet posted:

Apparently the episodes were filmed to be full length

If this is the case, the double snatch game is going to be an editing disaster

baronmasochist fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 14, 2023

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I DIED A LOCAL GIRL?!?!?!?!?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I'm not necessarily upset about the show going back to the shorter format because the best seasons were all 45 minutes. But I think the editors forgot how to do a 45 minute cut and they also still have 14 people to show off. Personally, I could do without the mirror trauma chat in every episode. I kind of like the judges deliberation, although it heavily depends on who the judges are, so they didn't lose anything by cutting it this episode.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

wizardofloneliness posted:

I'm not necessarily upset about the show going back to the shorter format because the best seasons were all 45 minutes. But I think the editors forgot how to do a 45 minute cut and they also still have 14 people to show off. Personally, I could do without the mirror trauma chat in every episode. I kind of like the judges deliberation, although it heavily depends on who the judges are, so they didn't lose anything by cutting it this episode.

Give me a 45 minute cut that is 15 minutes show and 30 minutes of Jeff Goldblum/Nicki Minaj/Joel McHale deliberations

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Jeff Goldblum, Joel McHale, Bobby Moynihan, ____ Hale (the hook-hand dude from Arrested Development, blanking on his name), Chaz Bono...who am I missing on the list of "straight dude guest judges on Drag Race"?

Henry Rollins! :doh:

Bobby M. was my favorite. :kiddo:

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 14, 2023

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tony Hale! he is great

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

baronmasochist posted:

The moment in the werk room when they were coming up with queer icons and Sugar pipes in with Beyonce and "white girl wasted at the gay bar" probably didn't help her standing in the group.

That's the thing though, Sugar and Spice are terminally online (due to being young TikTok stars) so by default they get ironic absurdist comedy. "white girl wasted at the gay bar" is iconic! Just like, not the good kind of iconic, but the rest of the group wasn't even thinking that direction and it was a comedy challenge. Obviously with the missing airtime we don't get as good of a read of what's going on but from what we saw it looked like everyone was on a more serious wavelength than Sugar was.

E: speaking of taking things too seriously I'm really sad that no one saw the runway cue and came out as drag James Hetfield c'mon

Eej fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 14, 2023

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://twitter.com/kornbreadtmfs/status/1614619980221538305?s=46&t=018t8hp2odsa6g4UZ5YI0g

I came across this tweet and Kerri’s powers suddenly make sense. The power that the Colbys have.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
In a somewhat confusing turn of events, Mistress Isabelle Brooks has adopted Sugar and Spice as her drag daughters, which makes the twins part of the House of Davenport, Kennedy’s house.

https://twitter.com/mistressibrooks/status/1614734807463874560?s=46&t=SNkhglcl_F8hugWL5CUZHQ

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's gotta be a (US) drag genealogy chart floating around out there and I want to see it

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbeet posted:

In a somewhat confusing turn of events, Mistress Isabelle Brooks has adopted Sugar and Spice as her drag daughters, which makes the twins part of the House of Davenport, Kennedy’s house.

https://twitter.com/mistressibrooks/status/1614734807463874560?s=46&t=SNkhglcl_F8hugWL5CUZHQ

That's sweet. I want to hate the twins, but their openness to learn and positive attitude is super endearing. It was odd seeing that photo of them at 5 years old with their matching Ariel and Belle birthday cakes, realizing that that was probably like 2005. But young people exist.

Eej posted:

There's gotta be a (US) drag genealogy chart floating around out there and I want to see it

It would be more complicated than the one on The L Word. I know Aquaria is Sharon's drag daughter. Are there any other related winners? I know there are a ton of former familial contestants.

Also, on the bravorealhousewives subreddit people were talking about the upcoming season of Summer HOuse, and the impending friendship breakup of Lindsay and Danielle. I wonder if drag family breakups are worse.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

love the twins and love Missy's relationship with them but someone pointed out that they're only 24 and this is still melting my mind

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

alf_pogs posted:

love the twins and love Missy's relationship with them but someone pointed out that they're only 24 and this is still melting my mind

Are they same age then????

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Eej posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1wzerd673z2nan/RPDRTreesJan2023.pdf?dl=0

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

excuse me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Great, now I'm crying. (We love you Tajma!)