Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
maybe it's like going to Italy to study art nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

victrix posted:

ivy league schools of the distant past?

Basically yes. Our cultural memory of Sparta as battle-hardened supersoldiers is almost entirely a myth but it's a surprisingly long-lived one. Ancient Romans would watch 300 and be going "this.. is... sparta!!!" with the rest of us.

MarsPearl
Feb 19, 2021
Ironically, even at their height Sparta was average in terms of their military record despite neglecting every other part of their (lovely, brutal, slave owning) culture in favour of pursuing military prowess.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I thought about getting a marble statue tattoo but maybe that's a bad idea.

Hell, I have wanted to get a tattoo for some time but one of my main concerns is how on earth do you pick a symbol that doesn't potentially change its meaning to something bad eventually?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
pick one that is already bad

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Marble is cool imo

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

AceOfFlames posted:

Hell, I have wanted to get a tattoo for some time but one of my main concerns is how on earth do you pick a symbol that doesn't potentially change its meaning to something bad eventually?

Is that really one of your main concerns about getting a tattoo???

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

it still tickles me pink knowing that the image of rome as a city of brilliant white flawless marble is 100% incorrect and they just had a whole bunch of loving terribly garishly-painted sculptures with bugeyes hanging around everywhere

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Buschmaki posted:

Is that really one of your main concerns about getting a tattoo???

also yeah just get the tattoo, who gives a poo poo what loving fascist weirdos are attempting to aesthetically claim as their own

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

Just get this so everyone knows you like gummy bears and rear end

Also you should get tatts of things you like and not worry about if they become some dumbfuck symbol down the track.
It doesn't retroactively make your tattoo bad

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I just get a bunch of amtrad flash because it looks cool. Also have a giant baphoment on my arm because dualism, 19th century orientalism, and the slander levelled at the Knights Templar are "badass"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It is kind of annoying that the swastika is basically ruined forever, though. It's a geometrically pleasing shape and one that holds a lot of cultural significance for entire groups of people who had absolutely nothing to do with nazis, even!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

basically ruined forever

You can think of this image every time you look at a toilet

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

exquisite tea posted:

Basically yes. Our cultural memory of Sparta as battle-hardened supersoldiers is almost entirely a myth but it's a surprisingly long-lived one. Ancient Romans would watch 300 and be going "this.. is... sparta!!!" with the rest of us.

It is both tragic and hilarious that a bunch of lead-poisoned degenerates from 2000 years ago are basically indistinguishable from modern society.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

All of western society were basically lead-poisoned degenerates until about 1970.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

exquisite tea posted:

All of western society were basically lead-poisoned degenerates until about 1970.

considering current american infrastructure and how it continues to crumble and decline im sure we can return to that again quite soon

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

exquisite tea posted:

It is kind of annoying that the swastika is basically ruined forever, though. It's a geometrically pleasing shape and one that holds a lot of cultural significance for entire groups of people who had absolutely nothing to do with nazis, even!

Yeah, literally every culture had their own variation of the swastika because its a very basic symbol of the sun

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

yeah that didn't stop in 70

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1614331783209943042

E: Looks like it was just some false positives in a bot purge

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I have a four leaf clover on my arm. It looks similar to but is not the exact same as a common tattoo used by members of the Aryan Brotherhood (they use three leaf clovers). I’ve been told by guys who’ve been in prison that this tattoo would be a problem for me.

Now luckily I don’t intend to go to prison or otherwise hang out with gang members afaik but I probably would not get the tattoo again if I had a redo.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't do tattoos i just put video game stickers on the back windshield of my car

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

There's a guy i see at work some times and he has a Thor's hammer necklace and i don't know if he wears it because he's a nazi or because it's a funny joke since his name is Thor

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hitman is still good and cool but sometimes it's a bit of a let down when they build these massive set pieces and complicated scenarios and stuff, but the simulation doesn't account for even main-story intended events. Biggest example is this racetrack level, big arena and the two targets are a father and daughter, the daughter is a racer actively racing. You can sabotage her car, or just shoot her on the track, or place a remote explosive mine on her car and explode it.

The problem is, the game doesn't care. You blow her up, shoot her up, whatever, she dies, and the race goes on, the ceremonies go one without mention of her death, the medical staff seem to still be expecting a check-up after, the pit-crew staff who would likely be held responsible are a bit freaked it for a second but then go back to work. The dad doesn't seem to care or notice, doesn't skip a beat in his routine. Why are they even related in the story on this map since they don't interact or need any blood contrivance to have them both there.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

AceOfFlames posted:

My wife has multiple tattoos for a musician who has been canceled, one tattoo for a musician who is on thin ice, and ALMOST got another tattoo for a different canceled musician

Moral: If you're in show business don't let my wife get a tattoo of you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

:livintrope:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Khanstant posted:

hitman is still good and cool but sometimes it's a bit of a let down when they build these massive set pieces and complicated scenarios and stuff, but the simulation doesn't account for even main-story intended events. Biggest example is this racetrack level, big arena and the two targets are a father and daughter, the daughter is a racer actively racing. You can sabotage her car, or just shoot her on the track, or place a remote explosive mine on her car and explode it.

The problem is, the game doesn't care. You blow her up, shoot her up, whatever, she dies, and the race goes on, the ceremonies go one without mention of her death, the medical staff seem to still be expecting a check-up after, the pit-crew staff who would likely be held responsible are a bit freaked it for a second but then go back to work. The dad doesn't seem to care or notice, doesn't skip a beat in his routine. Why are they even related in the story on this map since they don't interact or need any blood contrivance to have them both there.

They did say that the two have a very strained relationship (one guy at the lounge claims that the daughter secretly worked at her dad's company for years and the latter only found out during the meeting appointing her at CFO...and instead of being shocked or proud, he simply told her "don't screw this up"). You can also trick Robert into killing Sierra himself. While that video cuts him off right before he says it, he pretty much immediately gets over his shock by assuming (technically correctly) that Providence is getting back at him for defecting and promising to be loyal from now on. So he's basically just a sociopath. Just like Musk, whom he's clearly based on.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

do NOT put those foolish ambitions to rest!! get his rear end!!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'll go for a few more runs either later tonight or tomorrow morning, it's been a busy day in the Lands Between

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Try leveling up again, or 20 more times

Barudak
May 7, 2007

wuggles posted:

My wife has multiple tattoos for a musician who has been canceled, one tattoo for a musician who is on thin ice, and ALMOST got another tattoo for a different canceled musician

Moral: If you're in show business don't let my wife get a tattoo of you

Ok, but how much does she charge if I want her to get a tattoo of someone else

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

fridge corn posted:

I used that scythe for the majority of my elden ring playthrough

in previous souls playthroughs i've always gone with physical builds so it's kind of exciting to be focusing more on magic this time

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I like stuff, but not enough to have it injected into my flesh

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i love all my trashy tattoos

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Where the gently caress are these YoRHa betrayers?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This is how I decided what my first tattoo would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I583DSGtPUs&t=25s

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
2 days away from the next big fortnite update. Can't wait to see the map changes.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My gamer co-worker has a triforce tat on the back of his hand, imo kinda basic

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jay Rust posted:

My gamer co-worker has a triforce tat on the back of his hand, imo kinda basic

i have these on the back of my hands

i get so many compliments on the Trafalgar Law tat

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

when i went to get my second covid shot a couple years back, the lady taking my info at the desk had a full-on lelouch vi britannia sleeve tat

it's obviously not some insane rarity anymore but it still occasionally throws me for a loop just seeing regular ol' anime out in the wild like that, especially in the backwater i live in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Had a moment like that the other day, when I saw someone with the edgerunners logo sprayed on his jacket in the street.