Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The entire Ravens coaching staff should be fired for the unforgivable crime of making Cris Collinsworth the sage voice of reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
The only reason that wasn't the worst game of the day is because of how drat hard the Dolphins and Bills worked at earning said title first up. Thanks Giants and Vikings for actually delivering some fun.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tyler Huntley is clumsy.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

The entire Ravens coaching staff should be fired for the unforgivable crime of making Cris Collinsworth the sage voice of reason.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Like seriously. You bring out gus edwards and put ricard in front of him and ram it forward on 3rd and 4th. 95% chance it gets in

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Better draft pick and boy does the Ravens defense have the Bengals offense's number. It's a shame the Bills are also frauds, Bengals might actually make it to AFC Championship game.

Finally get to fire Roman though. Hopefully there's someone worth a shot to replace him.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

That's beautiful. I wish there was a full field skycam view though. I need to see how much of that pile even tried to run at all.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

man I'm bummed, they could have stolen that one

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
cinati bengo

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Was this not one of the greatest first round of the playoffs?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Better draft pick and boy does the Ravens defense have the Bengals offense's number. It's a shame the Bills are also frauds, Bengals might actually make it to AFC Championship game.

Finally get to fire Roman though. Hopefully there's someone worth a shot to replace him.

ravens are going to hire jim bob cooter

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens defense was really good tonight :unsmith:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Don't forget that NBC is grooming his idiot failson Jac to eventually replace him on color / analysis (they already have Jac working Notre Dame games).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

That's beautiful. I wish there was a full field skycam view though. I need to see how much of that pile even tried to run at all.

I still think it's somewhat possible Mark Andrews was blocked in the back there towards the end of the return, not that it would have saved the Ravens.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

man I'm bummed, they could have stolen that one

Yeah. Obviously the expected outcome but if Lamar at 50% is in that game it's a rout. A little frustrating.

Let's go Bills. Get Hamlin that ring.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ravens totally outplayed them. The fumble was the cherry on top of an AFC clownball weekend.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

They were down three linemen by the end of that. But we have been covering their receivers well this year. We seem to have a good idea of how much we need to give and realize we aren't going to completely shut them out but we haven't given up huge plays to them at all this year unlike those two disaster games last year.

That said we are still way behind the Bengals and desperately need a smarter set of coaches, namely the head and OC. Sadly though, I think Harbaugh will save his own bacon yet again. Just as long as no one hires Dorsey yet.

While we didn't blow a 10 point lead that last score was a 14-point swing so it should still count as another one of those. This team routinely fails at situational football.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TheBizzness posted:

He loving owns actually lol

he lost tho

pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

lmao

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

rjmccall posted:

Are you good people aware you’re having this dumb argument in the Aftermath thread

oh god forbid the sanctity of the 'aftermath thread'. we should have a more embarrassing thread where we write letters to the coaches, front office, and the owner, and maybe even richard "lowtax" lowtax

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Ravens fans always love to have dumb arguments in aftermath threads. Usually its about how bad their team is so “we’re actually better than everyone else in the AFC when healthy” is a hell of a change up.

ravens fans love to have dumb arguments anywhere and everywhere. sorry we have fun.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Sadly though, I think Harbaugh will save his own bacon yet again.

the Ravens nearly won a road game they had no business competing in.

you seem to take the Ravens' consistent competency and preparedness for granted, as if there's no where to go but up if they move on from Harbaugh. I promise you a new coach isn't guaranteed to prepare their team as well as Harbs always does.

one day the Ravens might be Actually Bad for an extended period and you might look back on this era a little differently

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

the Ravens nearly won a road game they had no business competing in.

you seem to take the Ravens' consistent competency and preparedness for granted, as if there's no where to go but up if they move on from Harbaugh. I promise you a new coach isn't guaranteed to prepare their team as well as Harbs always does.

one day the Ravens might be Actually Bad for an extended period and you might look back on this era a little differently

The Harbaugh era has been five years of inheriting the peak of Ozzie Newsome's drafting and almost letting Cam Cameron waste that. Then five years of mediocrity with the exception of the kubiak year. Then five years of mostly wasting one of the most talented players of the past decade aside from 2019. It hasn't been all that for a good while.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Have to remember it's the afcn, they compete against the Bengals who are doing well, the Steelers who are clownball, and the browns who year after year usually are the best of the clownball morons. Ravens need some pressure to be better by god

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't believe harbaugh personally fumbled that football at the goaline what a piece of poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wokeup to piss and thought about how the undefeated teams in the Super Bowl are the Baltimore Ravens, New Orleans Saints, New York Jets, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. goodnight and have a pleasant holiday tomorrow

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

The Harbaugh era has been five years of inheriting the peak of Ozzie Newsome's drafting and almost letting Cam Cameron waste that. Then five years of mediocrity with the exception of the kubiak year. Then five years of mostly wasting one of the most talented players of the past decade aside from 2019. It hasn't been all that for a good while.

i would like the ravens to play better, and i'm on board with getting rid of greg roman at this point. but good lord. 'the peak of ozzie newsome drafting' is some insane poo poo. yeah give me more dan cody and adam terry

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

i would like the ravens to play better, and i'm on board with getting rid of greg roman at this point. but good lord. 'the peak of ozzie newsome drafting' is some insane poo poo. yeah give me more dan cody and adam terry

I'm talking about Suggs, Reed, Ngata, Rice, Flacco, Grubbs, Yanda(also forgot Ray Lewis!). Plus other older picks like Heap, McAlister, and guys like LeRon McClain and Bart Scott. And free agents like Derrick Mason and Samari Rolle and others. Harbaugh inherited a very good set of guys. He didn't have to take over an organization in disarray like most do. He was a lucky one.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 16, 2023

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

49ers > Seahawks Younger > Older
Jaguars > Chargers Younger > Older
Bills > Dolphins Older > Younger
Giants > Vikings Younger > Older
Bengals > Ravens Older > Younger

To maintain QB age balance, Tom Brady will defeat the Cowboys tomorrow.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I'm talking about Suggs, Reed, Ngata, Rice, Flacco, Grubbs, Yanda(also forgot Ray Lewis!). Plus other older picks like Heap, McAlister, and guys like LeRon McClain and Bart Scott. And free agents like Derrick Mason and Samari Rolle and others. Harbaugh inherited a very good set of guys. He didn't have to take over an organization in disarray like most do. He was a lucky one.

pfffff onlyt that many players? no jerry rice? and i like that he drafted ed reed but why didn't he draft ed reed after that?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sadly no. No Jerry Rice, or Randy Moss, or Justin Jefferson or Deebo Samuel.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Sadly no. No Jerry Rice, or Randy Moss, or Justin Jefferson or Deebo Samuel.

unbelievable

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ok as long as Gro is gone Harbs is off my hot seat

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Same. Can't fault him for Roman and not praise him for the rookie DC who killed it. I just hope someone from the Shanahan tree with promise is available to retool the offense.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ok as long as Gro is gone Harbs is off my hot seat

gotta be. who to replace him? does Kyle Shanahan have an intern we could hire?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

dingo with a joint posted:

The only reason that wasn't the worst game of the day is because of how drat hard the Dolphins and Bills worked at earning said title first up. Thanks Giants and Vikings for actually delivering some fun.

All the games were good, my grumpy friend.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm glad the Ravens lost.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the better draft pick they acquired.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

AndrewP posted:

gotta be. who to replace him? does Kyle Shanahan have an intern we could hire?

The Jets just fired a guy who spent four years in SF with Shanahan.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'll settle for basic competence at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Well the Ravens post-game has Dobbins calling out the QB and the coach so this may not be the offseason to just want competence.